Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 04:34:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In need of a Laugh try the potato salad  (Read 784 times)
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:28:32 AM

You came to the right place
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/07/08/kickstarter_campaign_to_make_potato_salad_raises_40000.html

One of those makes you laugh a bit campaigns the power of Potato Salad

It started with a modest goal for a Columbus, Ohio, man — to raise $10 in a month to make a batch of potato salad.
In less than a week, Zack (Danger) Brown has raised $53,519 (U.S.) — and counting — on the crowdfunding site Kickstarter, meaning he could fill his home with the starchy, high-carb side dish, if he so desired.

For $1 or more, you get a “thank you” posted on his website and he promises to say your name out loud as he makes potato salad.
For $2 or more, you get the “thank you” on his website, the promise to say your name out loud as he makes potato salad and a photo of him making potato salad.
For a pledge of $20 or more, you’re in the “Potato Madness” category: “Receive a potato-salad theme haiku written by me, your name carved into a potato that will be used in the potato salad, a signed jar of mayonnaise, the potato salad recipe, hang out in the kitchen with me while I make the potato salad, choose a potato-salad-appropriate ingredient to add to the potato salad, receive a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a ‘thank you’ posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad.”
For a pledge of $50 or more, you are vaulted into the dizzying “Potato Salads of the World” echelon: “Receive a recipe book with potato salad recipes inspired by each country where we have a backer along with a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a ‘thank you’ posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad. The recipe book will have a dedication page with the name of each of our backers.” For this, however, you must add $20 for shipment outside of the U.S.

Check it out
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:30:15 AM

You came to the right place
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/07/08/kickstarter_campaign_to_make_potato_salad_raises_40000.html

One of those makes you laugh a bit campaigns the power of Potato Salad

It started with a modest goal for a Columbus, Ohio, man — to raise $10 in a month to make a batch of potato salad.
In less than a week, Zack (Danger) Brown has raised $53,519 (U.S.) — and counting — on the crowdfunding site Kickstarter, meaning he could fill his home with the starchy, high-carb side dish, if he so desired.

For $1 or more, you get a “thank you” posted on his website and he promises to say your name out loud as he makes potato salad.
For $2 or more, you get the “thank you” on his website, the promise to say your name out loud as he makes potato salad and a photo of him making potato salad.
For a pledge of $20 or more, you’re in the “Potato Madness” category: “Receive a potato-salad theme haiku written by me, your name carved into a potato that will be used in the potato salad, a signed jar of mayonnaise, the potato salad recipe, hang out in the kitchen with me while I make the potato salad, choose a potato-salad-appropriate ingredient to add to the potato salad, receive a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a ‘thank you’ posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad.”
For a pledge of $50 or more, you are vaulted into the dizzying “Potato Salads of the World” echelon: “Receive a recipe book with potato salad recipes inspired by each country where we have a backer along with a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a ‘thank you’ posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad. The recipe book will have a dedication page with the name of each of our backers.” For this, however, you must add $20 for shipment outside of the U.S.

Check it out
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad

Yeah, you believin' that shit?

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:33:16 AM

Yeah, you believin' that shit?

I was thinking damnnn I should try making a potato salad Smiley
Or something else people want to eat lol.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3102

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:34:56 AM

Yeah, is he really going to say out loud the name of each of the 4,468 backers (as of this moment) as he makes the salad?  I smell a scam....

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:57:49 AM

Yeah, is he really going to say out loud the name of each of the 4,468 backers (as of this moment) as he makes the salad?  I smell a scam....

Rofl VOD this isn't Bitcoin lending  Grin

That said I think your right that is an insane list of names then again for $66K it's worth doing ^^
What are the odds that he uses First names only and runs into a lot of duplication
I would like to thank Amanda Bob Carol Steve Joe Curly X 10 Smiley

(Also at least he has something to do while making mass potato salad)
* Although I can imagine this in the lending thread I need 10 dollars to make a potato salad vod no escrow but I'll give you a nice photo and set of rewards if enough people do it lols.

(Would buy in if it was Satoshi or Lazlo was making that salad lol)

Yeah, is he really going to say out loud the name of each of the 4,468 backers (as of this moment) as he makes the salad?  I smell a scam....

for all we know, it could be your bestie dank.. he'll record himself preparing the salad, because he definitely likes attention and all.. and he'll go on about how he is god and can do anything he wants.  Grin

I might put in a dollar to see dank make a salad  Cool
Ah good one

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:59:20 AM

for all we know, it could be your bestie dank.. he'll record himself preparing the salad, because he definitely likes attention and all.. and he'll go on about how he is god and can do anything he wants.  Grin
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:02:22 AM

Ah good one

he'll probably ask his mom to make it, and then chastize her for not doing it the way he wants. "the aliens have gotten to my parents, and it makes me sad."   Cheesy
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:04:43 AM

Ah good one

he'll probably ask his mom to make it, and then chastize her for not doing it the way he wants. "the aliens have gotten to my parents, and it makes me sad."   Cheesy

Hmm I can imagine danks parents watching him make the salad ^_^
It would be good for a nice hoot lol.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 10:09:28 PM

https://twitter.com/ztbrown

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:12:19 PM

I like the comment about donating a Ton of Potato Salad to charity
Here we got you covered sends off a few truckloads of the stuff to all the nearby towns  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: