Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:13:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Litecoin Windows gadget which displays LTC and currency amounts  (Read 8454 times)
Domchi (OP)

Activity: 516
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:11:43 PM

Based on my BTC Windows gadget, and inspired by StewartJ, I created the new gadget for Litecoin - now with expanded view for traders.

It can be configured to connect to up to 3 mining pools, fetch confirmed or unconfirmed rewards, payouts or whatever data is available. It can also connect to preferred exchange and get USD rate, and optionally connect to Yahoo Finance! and convert USD to any world currency.

Additionally, you can "correct" the shown amounts by adding or subtracting any amount of LTC; for example, to include LTC amount you exchanged or spent.

If you like it, you can let me know in this thread, or by sending some litecoins to this Litecoin address: LcJ5GinEXzyHzvYB3NfycARqhAYN8Jh8mo

Download link: http://www.domchi.cc/mylitecoins/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 08:41:04 PM

Nice GUI  Grin
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 04:42:40 PM

This is cool!

We created a Project Page for this to help drum up interest...
https://litebit.co/project-item/litecoin-gadget/
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:21:58 PM

Thanks Domchi,

Excellent job on this very handy and functional LTC price ticker.

Will be sending LTC donation your way, and encourage anyone who finds this tool useful
to do the same.

Stewart
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 10:34:13 PM

If anybody is wondering why the gadget stopped showing exchange rates...

As of August 9th 2012 BTC-E API URLs that are used by default have changed; please either download the new version of the gadget with the new defaults, or change your exchange URL to https://btc-e.com/api/2/ltc_btc/ticker or https://btc-e.com/api/2/ltc_usd/ticker
armodar

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:00:01 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2012, 08:52:33 PM by armodar

domchi cool app but please make the gadget truly international:

my OS is in german and did not recognise the gadget until i changed the en-US script folder in de-DE

so please create identical folders like en-US for all major distributions for windows7, those are:

en-US
de-DE
et
fr-FR
it-IT
ro
pt-PT
sk
pl
sv-SE
es-ES

Cheers,
Armodar

EDIT: seems to be an update issue, for some reason on my pc it just does not update the stats
tatsuchan

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 02:40:27 PM

There is a market for the MAC with this kind of easy programmer stuff.  Wish I could knew how to do it.
BobbyJo

Activity: 358

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 09:43:42 PM

Loving your work.  Both the LTC and BTC gadgets are very useful!

Greedi

Activity: 266

LitecoinTalk

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 09:59:01 PM

how do i get the to show the info from the API's?

LitecoinTalk - Sign up today!
Try out LTC-Aarade!
Buy Shares!
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:13:26 AM

domchi cool app but please make the gadget truly international:
my OS is in german and did not recognise the gadget until i changed the en-US script folder in de-DE

Hi Armodar, thanks for suggestion - the next version (coming soon) will have globalization support and work on German and all other versions of Windows. No localization though since I don't speak German. Smiley

EDIT: seems to be an update issue, for some reason on my pc it just does not update the stats

There are two reasons stats might not get updated - first is update interval (check exchange data update interval in configuration), and the second is if anything goes wrong with fetching the new data from the feed. Old data is displayed until there's an successful update. You can force refresh by opening and closing settings. Also, be warned - some exchanges will block your IP if you request updates too often.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:18:10 AM

Hi Greedi,

the gadget should show some info as soon as it's started. Instructions on how to set it up with a custom exchange are on the gadget page (http://domchi.cc/mylitecoins/) under "Configuring exchanges and pools" section. If you specify what exactly you want to show, I might be able to help some more.
Greedi

Activity: 266

LitecoinTalk

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:47:54 PM

Hi Greedi,

the gadget should show some info as soon as it's started. Instructions on how to set it up with a custom exchange are on the gadget page (http://domchi.cc/mylitecoins/) under "Configuring exchanges and pools" section. If you specify what exactly you want to show, I might be able to help some more.

sorry, i forgot to include pool Smiley

so, it was, how does the Pool API works?, since i can get anything from my pools to be shown

LitecoinTalk - Sign up today!
Try out LTC-Aarade!
Buy Shares!
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 10:48:02 PM

so, it was, how does the Pool API works?, since i can get anything from my pools to be shown

Well, here goes - feel free to skip the parts you already know.

First you need to login to your pool account and figure out your pool API key, and the link to retrieve your pool data. Most pools display this link somewhere in the account settings. Then you can use your browser to visit this link and observe the structure. You'll probably be interested in two values:
1. unpaid amount (the amount you can cash out from the pool) - something like "confirmed_reward"
2. paid amount (the amount you cashed out already) - something like "payout_history"

Now, to configure the gadget.

Go to the gadget configuration. You'll probably want to choose the mining presets and click Apply. This uses default settings for more miner-friendly setup. Then, to configure the pool go to Pool #1 section. Here's where you should enter your pool API URL. You also need to enter at least one JSON key (the keys of the unpaid and paid amounts). The process is the same for the second and third pool.

There is also one other important setting under General section - correction amount. This is any amount that you wish to add (or subtract) to the amount being displayed.

Let me give a few examples.

1. You wish to know how much USD you have tied in the pool. You enter your pool API and unpaid JSON key. You leave correction amount at 0. The gadget now displays the amount you can cash out. Exchange is configured by default (BTC-E) but you can use another - check gadget page for instructions how to configure Vircurex (or any other exhange).
2. Maybe you want to display how much you've mined in total? Start with the settings in example 1 and add paid JSON key. Now the gadget will sum both paid and unpaid LTC from the pool, and convert it to USD.
3. Now, you've probably sold some of your LTC, or bought some LTC, and the example 2 is not really the exact sum of LTC you have in your wallet. That's what correction is for - sum all your payments except those related to the pool, and enter the amount you get in the correction field. That should give you the exact amount you have in your wallet, plus the amount that's still unpaid - that is, your LTC worth in USD.

As you can see, the gadget is very configurable and you can make it display almost anything you want - although it takes a bit to get to know different APIs.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:15:58 PM

New versions of both BTC and LTC gadgets are available. Two changes in this version:

1. Support for international Windows versions. Gadget wouldn't install on German windows (or any version other than en-US), and it would ignore decimals on correction values if Windows was setup to use comma instead of decimal point. If you encountered this problems, please download the newest version and give it a try.

2. Ability to use Javascript in JSON keys. The json object variable name is "json". That means that JSON key can be referenced from Javascript like this: json.ticker.last - which allows to retrieve data from more complicated JSON responses. The old way of referencing keys ("last") still works, but is not able to parse JSON responses where there are, say, two JSON keys with the requested name.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 03:42:36 AM

Hi everybody. Just to let you know that MyLitecoins gadget was updated today.

New feature is that now you can set alerts - when a certain amount is reached, value in gadget changes color to let you know that it's above or below threshold.

The Bitcoin gadget has received the same update, and there are two new gadgets available as of today: MyNamecoins gadget and MyCoins gadget which is a universal gadget that can display any currency. Check them out if you're interested.
BugSpirit

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 04:03:02 AM

That's realy-realy nice! Send you some litecoins.  Cool
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 04:06:40 AM

That's realy-realy nice! Send you some litecoins.  Cool

Thanks! Smiley
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 04:50:58 AM

I am using MyLitecoins and the values don't seem to be updating (or something). It has reported the same values for many hours now, even if I change the settings or reopen the gadget.

sell: 0.0618
last: 0.0618
buy: 0.0629
USD: 0.0618

Here is the json string from btc-e:

Code:
{"ticker":{"high":0.063,"low":0.05611,"avg":0.059555,"vol":1278.36,"vol_cur":20971.4,"last":0.063,"buy":0.06299,"sell":0.06156,"server_time":1353300441}}

Here is the configuration:

General
Correction: 1
Mining data: 10
update interval: 60

Primary
URL: https://btc-e.com/api/2/ltc_usd/ticker
key: last
currency: USD

Secondary:
URL:
label 1: sell
key 1: sell
label 2: last
key 2: last
label 3: buy
key 3: buy

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
BugSpirit

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 11:58:45 AM

Yeah, there are something strange with updates.
Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:00:09 PM

and this is where this died? too bad
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: