Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:46:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think it is safe to assume that the banking elite are paying people to troll this forum?  (Voting closed: March 26, 2012, 12:18:55 AM)
Yes - 34 (22.8%)
No - 89 (59.7%)
not sure - 26 (17.4%)
Total Voters: 149

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People paid by banking elite to troll this Forum?  (Read 7462 times)
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:39:45 AM

Only daydreaming sociopaths like OP would think that bitcoin is currently important enough for anyone to bother with. We have less volume than Second life's Linden Dollars for Christ's sake.

Come on Matt, you don't give these "banking elite" much credit for intelligence.

If bitcoin truly is a threat, it would need to be stopped early.

Exactly, they wouldn't be running things if they weren't paying attention.

I'm grumpy!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 12:40:21 AM

This is a no brainer to me, but would love to hear other people's input.

I hate all these conspiracy theories  Angry 

No theory, just a question.

But why would they do it  Huh  If they thought bitcoin was a good investment vehicle they would get in on it not try and destroy it thats how capitalism works.  I could see Visa, Mastercard and PayPal making it difficult to buy sell BTC but once/if they smell money there soon get in on the game.  Bitcoin is too small and of the scale its biggest threat is 'Silk Road' growing massively in proportion to the general BTC enconomy and the US/EU trying to outlaw crypto-curriences because of crime?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:40:23 AM

Exactly, they wouldn't be running things if they weren't paying attention.

Tell us sociopathic sperg-- are they following you too?

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:46:02 AM

Come on Matt, you don't give these "banking elite" much credit for intelligence.

If bitcoin truly is a threat, it would need to be stopped early.

Oh, I give them plenty of credit for intelligence, so much that I am dumbfounded why anyone thinks it would be more than trivial to stop Bitcoin at this point.

So... if you think they think bitcoin is NOT a threat, why do you support bitcoin? By that definition, bitcoin is a failure if it doesn't upset the "banker elite" applecart.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:50:29 AM

Oh, I give them plenty of credit for intelligence, so much that I am dumbfounded why anyone thinks it would be more than trivial to stop Bitcoin at this point.

So... if you think they think bitcoin is NOT a threat, why do you support bitcoin? By that definition, bitcoin is a failure if it doesn't upset the "banker elite" applecart.

HA! He's got you there Matt! I can't wait to hear your non-answer answer to that one!

I'm grumpy!!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:52:45 AM

So... if you think they think bitcoin is NOT a threat, why do you support bitcoin?

As I've said before (both in video interviews and on this forum in multiple threads), I support Bitcoin as a replacement for the inferior and immoral Paypal.

Bitcoin will not crumble governments, it is not libertarian, and it is not intended for the average consumer. It is a debt settlement utility and will never be scalable.

I am involved in Bitcoin for the same reason anyone else in the world is involved in new technology-- to learn it, break it, make it better, and if it ever fails completely, move on to build/support a suitable replacement.

By that definition, bitcoin is a failure

Bitcoin isn't a failure yet because it's just barely getting started.

By that definition, bitcoin is a failure if it doesn't upset the "banker elite" applecart.
Only someone naive like OP would think that banking elite won't exist after Bitcoin. They'll just use Bitcoin instead of USD.

We can debate all day the reasoning behind Bitcoin from logs of Satoshi himself, argue that it's 'inherently libertarian' etc, but the bottom line is that it's a utility. Just like money, it exists apart from agendas and politics. I use Bitcoin because Paypal is a scam.

People like OP are afraid of Bitcoin growth and classify groups of people as if they were "bad" for Bitcoin. I embrace the growth and welcome every type of people into Bitcoin, just as I would into the USD market. Society doesn't exist around utilities, utilities adapt to society.

HA! He's got you there Matt! I can't wait to hear your non-answer answer to that one!

What you meant to say, is that you can't wait to hear that you're a sperg who is obsessed with agendas and conspiracy theories and ignorant entirely to the technical limitations and unscalability of Bitcoin? Bitcoin has a purpose in the future, and it's not everyday consumer purchases. That future belongs to Ripple and Open Transactions.

JennyHill

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:54:57 AM

Bitcoin attracts people ranging from opportunists looking to score a quick buck, to dreamers and fringe dwellers looking for a magical proof for their delusions. I'm somewhere in the middle. The geniuses like the ones that developed Bitcoin are the worst kind of dreamers. They are the ones that show us that magic does exist, the rest of us just don't understand how it works yet.

Funny that the only sane response in this thread is entirely overlooked. Handi-Foil Corp. must love this forum because their revenue jumps every time a new topic is posted.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 01:00:31 AM

Anyway BTC is more like a commodity than a just a new currency.  Once BTC is stable and established the super rich will just trade it like any other commodity.

cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:17:31 AM

Just like money, it exists apart from agendas and politics.

Fiat money exists apart from agendas and politics? Sorry, I don't believe you.

Oh Holliday, you're just a tin foil hat wearing nut if you think that "fiat" has anything to do with agenda or politics. Why, the Federal Reserve has nothing to do with politics or agendas, silly rabbit!  Wink

[For the dummies: I'm being sarcastic]

I'm grumpy!!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:21:35 AM

Err... they don't just use fiat, they control it.
And Bitcoin isn't controlled?

Who is developing it?

If you had a problem with the way it's being developed, would your opinion be heeded?

Can't someone with a small fortune easily manipulate the Bitcoin market and create bubbles?

That's not a "banking elite" problem, that's a "human greed" problem, and it will outlive fiat, long after Bitcoin and any other replacement.

Just like money, it exists apart from agendas and politics.

Fiat money exists apart from agendas and politics? Sorry, I don't believe you.

I said money, not fiat money. Don't put words in my mouth brah. I have no misconception that the USD is in fact completely worthless and a scam.

Bitcoin however, is not going to change the world. People will change the world. If Bitcoin replaced every instance of USD right now at this moment, you think people still wouldn't be getting loans, mortgages, charging taxes, fighting the war on drugs, etc? If anything, Bitcoin is going to open the door to the scariest future imaginable-- a future with only one government, only one police, only one currency.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:40:23 AM

Are you sitting on your ass all day reading comics or working your ass off trying to get money?
Neither! I'm making money sitting on my ass reading comics.

Oh, I apologize, which other forms of money were you talking about specifically? Commodity money? I've never used it personally. So I picked the most common and obvious, fiat.
Ripple?

Don't be naive. One crypto currency to rule them all? And here I stand, arms open ready to embrace it.

Word.

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:49:44 AM

So, to recap, the answer was "yes".

And just to correct some of the trolling in this thread, of course Bitcoin is libertarian.  It is a completely voluntary currency.

And Bitcoin would never succeed as simply a less efficient Paypal alternative.  If you really believe that, lol you're an idiot.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:02:59 AM

If I pay someone to troll this thread can I be banking elite?  I could pay several people (would bitcoins be ok), but some will do it for free anyway.  More realistically, we'd have to pay the bankers because they don't do anything for free (a fee maybe).

Philosophically, I can't think of banking and elite being used properly in the same sentence (a malapropism) like military intelligence.  Otherwise, I assume chaos theory might suggest order coming from the randomness of the mixed views that propagate that the guys across at MasterCard will be unhappy with.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:10:30 AM

Voted no, but of course there is no way to be sure.  I've seen no particular evidence (unlike, say, 9/11 being a false flag.)

I suspect that the 'banking elite' are actually favorable to Bitcoin as it solve problems they might have to a much greater extent than us plebs here on this forum.  I think it just as likely that the surprisingly favorable mainstream-ish coverage is some sort of (or evidence of) 'elite' interest in Bitcoin (again, in a positive direction.)  Basically it would be a waste of time to dick around with bitcointalk.org, and probably dangerous given that the operators are likely strongly supportive of Bitcoin and would like nothing better than to catch 'manipulators' red-handed.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:11:43 AM

Philosophically, I can't think of banking and elite being used properly in the same sentence (a malapropism) like military intelligence. 

Seriously? Controlling the banks and the creation of currency is the work of the lower class, right?

I'm grumpy!!
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:24:22 AM

Philosophically, I can't think of banking and elite being used properly in the same sentence (a malapropism) like military intelligence. 

Seriously? Controlling the banks and the creation of currency is the work of the lower class, right?

If you believe in classes, then you can elevate ordinary people to some exhalated position, but in reality they are just people.  To suggest they are better than you are tells me you need more self esteem.  I give you credit for being able to do things well, and we have seen many people (including leaders of large companies and banks) screw up worse than most people that contribute to this forum.

Also, thank you Holliday for your reply.  Not quite the point I was making - I should have made it clearer.

PatrickHarnett

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:33:33 AM

Also, thank you Holliday for your reply.  Not quite the point I was making - I should have made it clearer.

Sometimes I read things and see what I want, instead of seeing what the author intended.  Grin

And in this case I was correctly punished for it.

So, if I paid you in bitcoin, you could troll and I would be "banking elite" (i.e. better than someone else).
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:41:10 AM

If you believe in classes, then you can elevate ordinary people to some exhalated position, but in reality they are just people.  To suggest they are better than you are tells me you need more self esteem.  I give you credit for being able to do things well, and we have seen many people (including leaders of large companies and banks) screw up worse than most people that contribute to this forum.

I think you're injecting your own meaning for "elite" into this. You said "To suggest they are better than you"...that is not what I mean by "elite" and "lower class". I am using those terms in their usual meaning in regards to finances. Those with control of the monetary system have a shitload more money and resources. They are 'elite' because they own yachts and can pay hundreds of employees. 'Lower class' are people trying to get by with a shitty job.

'Classes' in the modern world SHOULD be determined by ability - the way you are defining them - but that isn't the generally perceived notion.

I'm grumpy!!
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:57:59 AM

I think you're injecting your own meaning for "elite" into this. You said "To suggest they are better than you"...that is not what I mean by "elite" and "lower class". I am using those terms in their usual meaning in regards to finances. Those with control of the monetary system have a shitload more money and resources. They are 'elite' because they own yachts and can pay hundreds of employees. 'Lower class' are people trying to get by with a shitty job.

'Classes' in the modern world SHOULD be determined by ability - the way you are defining them - but that isn't the generally perceived notion.

Ah, so a simple material wealth/power metric.  Maybe I'm being too wishful, but to get things back on track:

I would have thought the "elite" would not deign to lower themselves to the level of bitcoin as it would be easy for them to be dismissive (arrogance or ignorance).  I don't notice an overt bias in the trolling against bitcoin, but then my own bias might filter that out (ref Holliday filtering how he reads things occasionally.)
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:00:46 AM

I would have thought the "elite" would not deign to lower themselves to the level of bitcoin as it would be easy for them to be dismissive (arrogance or ignorance).  I don't notice an overt bias in the trolling against bitcoin, but then my own bias might filter that out (ref Holliday filtering how he reads things occasionally.)

They "lowered" themselves enough to prosecute a 60 something year old hippie for making silver coins, and bitcoin is more threatening than Liberty Dollar ever was.

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: