Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Feature added] Color besides usernames for Ignored by % of established members.  (Read 27195 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 11:20:25 PM

@theymos
I think that the "ignore color" should be visible even to themselves.

Done.
How/where does this show up? I guess I'm not very ignored, since I can't see anything.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transisto (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 11:22:09 PM

So Matt only needs one or two more ignores to become "deep-piss yellow." Tempting.
If he's to honor his 5btc pledge I'd hope he'd get un-ignored to a safer piss color.

My feature request come in part from his motivation.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 11:23:29 PM

LOL. It looks like I am the most ignored on this whole forum.

Can theymos confirm this Huh

I did not think I would get higher than Matthew or Atlas but alas it looks like I did Cry
Hahah, nice, your ignore button is like totally yellow.

Care to take some pictures ?

Thanks !

I really think I am the most ignored on the whole forum.

Not good Sad

Are you seriously surprised by this?

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12899

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 11:25:02 PM

How/where does this show up? I guess I'm not very ignored, since I can't see anything.

It shows up in the same spot. Someone will probably post a screenshot.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 01:32:14 AM

LOL...

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 02:47:49 AM

I did not think I would get higher than Matthew or Atlas but alas it looks like I did Cry

Thanks !

Not good Sad

lol, I heard he's reformed from his Solidcoin days...

(BFL)^2 < 0
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 02:49:29 AM

Thanks !

Not good Sad

Still doesn't seem to be able to figure out that spaces are NOT NECESSARY between the last word in a sentence and the punctuation at the end.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 03:47:32 AM

Okay... just so I can be on topic, I am posting so that I can see if there is any hint of yellow on mine, which would shock the hell out of me, being such a lovable lycanthrope and all.

But this thread raises a thought!

Perhaps we could have a whole inclusive rainbow of colors to indicate how people feel about other users? If enough of those established members thing somebody is a scammer, their name turns red, if enough think that it is worthless trolling their posts turn white on white background, if enough feel that their posts are overly long, we could shrink the size of their text to 1 pt? C'mon, let's show some initiative here... if we are going to start ranking people on popularity, let's really get catty about it!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 03:52:14 AM

Okay... just so I can be on topic, I am posting so that I can see if there is any hint of yellow on mine, which would shock the hell out of me, being such a lovable lycanthrope and all.

Perhaps we could have a whole inclusive rainbow of colors to indicate how people feel about other users? If enough of those established members thing somebody is a scammer, their name turns red, if enough think that it is worthless trolling their posts turn white on white background, if enough feel that their posts are overly long, we could shrink the size of their text to 1 pt? C'mon, let's show some initiative here... if we are going to start ranking people on popularity, let's really get catty about it!

Aaaand a social network is born.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:13:25 AM

Aaaand a social network is born.

Okay, but somebody channeling Sam Kinison has to play me in the movie version.
RandyFolds

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:12:31 PM

Nope. Counting all users (not just very-established), PinkiePie (now banned) is the most-ignored with 30 ignorers, you have 22, and Matthew has 20.

@theymos
I think that the "ignore color" should be visible even to themselves.

Done.

I just figured out this exists! Where do I rank? Bulanula and I are the only ones with dark yellow that I have come across, how is Matthew beating me on the scoreboard?

e: just got that those were the global numbers, not just for the posh 'established' crowd. I'd rather just see the numbers.
RandyFolds

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:15:10 PM

Thanks !

Not good Sad

Still doesn't seem to be able to figure out that spaces are NOT NECESSARY between the last word in a sentence and the punctuation at the end.

My phone keyboard does that to me a lot...could be the culprit, rather than SC-induced brain damage.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:23:22 PM

I feel I have to respond :

I really am surprised because I mostly try to stay moderate and not be too controversial on these forums. I would never have thought that I would beat Matthew Tongue

I have changed since my SC trolling days and I am free from King RealScam's brainwashing ideology.

I also do the punctuation thing on purpose. I think it looks neater that way and easier to read ...

Just like using proper English : once you get used to automatically do it, it does not become a pain and it actually helps you.

Anyways, I was here when BTC was $0.58 and am here to stay. Y'all should get used to my "brain damaged" punctuation Cheesy
RandyFolds

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:26:29 PM

I feel I have to respond :

I really am surprised because I mostly try to stay moderate and not be too controversial on these forums. I would never have thought that I would beat Matthew Tongue

I have changed since my SC trolling days and I am free from King RealScam's brainwashing ideology.

I also do the punctuation thing on purpose. I think it looks neater that way and easier to read ...

Just like using proper English : once you get used to automatically do it, it does not become a pain and it actually helps you.

Anyways, I was here when BTC was $0.58 and am here to stay. Y'all should get used to my "brain damaged" punctuation Cheesy

It's just you and me, brother. Team heavily-ignored, FTW.

I honestly can't believe that many people ignored PinkiePie. "How BTC changed my life" is *easily* the best post on this whole forum.

I just want Theymos to come back and give my count!
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:49:24 PM

I cannot see most replies in this thread, as most contributors are already on ignore, but I must say that it's an excellent idea. Thank you Theymos!

Now let's hope that the new forum software (whenever it comes) will also support positive "voting" of some kind for users, so that it offers encouragement as well.

Glad I'm out of the trollfest:
LoupGaroux
Unignore
Re: [Feature added] Color besides usernames for Ignored by % of established members.
Today at 05:47:32 AM
Show/Hide
This user is currently ignored.

Matthew N. Wright
Unignore
Re: [Feature added] Color besides usernames for Ignored by % of established members.
Today at 05:52:14 AM
Show/Hide

LoupGaroux
Unignore
Today at 06:13:25 AM
Show/Hide

RandyFolds
Unignore
Re: [Feature Request] "Ignored by # peoples" besides usernames (10 BTC bounty)
Today at 08:12:31 PM
Show/Hide

RandyFolds
Unignore
Today at 08:15:10 PM
Show/Hide

bulanula
Unignore
Today at 08:23:22 PM
Show/Hide

RandyFolds
Unignore
Today at 08:26:29 PM
Show/Hide

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:05:17 PM

*Mental masturbation*

Well I guess we know where our piss stains come from now.

Also, let this be a lesson to the idiots who even support (or think they need) "ignore" in the first place:

This guy thinks Theymos suggested this feature. He has been misinformed and miseducated on a fact, just because he chose to ignore individuals. He will forever be wrong on that point, and he'll never know the difference because he <3 ignore.
Quoted for truth, and possibly in hopes that he will see this.

bulanula

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:05:24 PM

*Mental masturbation*

Well I guess we know where our piss stains come from now.

Also, let this be a lesson to the idiots who even support (or think they need) "ignore" in the first place:

This guy thinks Theymos suggested this feature. He has been misinformed and miseducated on a fact, just because he chose to ignore individuals. He will forever be wrong on that point, and he'll never know the difference because he <3 ignore.

Yeah. I don't have anyone on my ignore list.

Maybe I really need some help Cheesy

Joking aside, I could not use ignore because in 1/100 posts even a major troll is bound to say something that is actually useful.

Besides, I will always be wondering what was said and hidden by that ignore feature Grin

How much effort will I have to do to turn this ":-(" into a "Smiley" where my own ignore button is Huh
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:19:18 PM

Hmmm, I see Randy also has that lovely piss stain too (a description that I'm sure will stick).

I choose not to ignore people because, as Bulanula says, they occasionally say something useful or insightful.  Failing that they inject colour (complete with new meaning and a bad pun) into what can otherwise be a dull thread. 

I did once ignore Atlas (and variations), but it didn't hide all the new threads and that was more annoying, so I simply took it off ignore and don't read them.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12899

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:29:26 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2012, 08:14:42 PM by theymos

I don't ignore anyone, either. RandyFolds often has good posts, actually. Maybe people immediately assume he's a troll when they see his avatar.

I just figured out this exists! Where do I rank?

You're fourth in global numbers, with 19 ignores.

Here are all of the people who currently have any ignore color along with their ignore count (edit: this is the very-established ignore count):
Code:
15 PinkiePie (banned)
14 bulanula
10 RandyFolds
 8 Surawit (banned)
 8 plastic.elastic (banned)
 8 smoothie
 7 JeffK
 7 Matthew N. Wright
 7 The_Duke
 6 Boss
 6 ALPHA. (banned)
 6 CoinHunter
 6 buttcoin1 (banned)
 6 Synaptic (banned)
 5 psy
 5 panerai (banned)
 5 Edward50

This list looks pretty reasonable to me.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
bulanula

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:41:09 PM

I don't ignore anyone, either. RandyFolds often has good posts, actually. Maybe people immediately assume he's a troll when they see his avatar.

I just figured out this exists! Where do I rank?

You're fourth in global numbers, with 19 ignores.

Here are all of the people who currently have any ignore color along with their ignore count:
Code:
15 PinkiePie (banned)
14 bulanula
10 RandyFolds
 8 Surawit (banned)
 8 plastic.elastic (banned)
 8 smoothie
 7 JeffK
 7 Matthew N. Wright
 7 The_Duke
 6 Boss
 6 ALPHA. (banned)
 6 CoinHunter
 6 buttcoin1 (banned)
 6 Synaptic (banned)
 5 psy
 5 panerai (banned)
 5 Edward50

This list looks pretty reasonable to me.

WOW. Talk about being famous for all the wrong reasons. Shocked

The most ignored person on the forum that has not been permabanned.

Though all the people who ignored me did so probably because of the SC posts I did when I had the SC disease.

Fear not, I have my antidote from SoiledCon. I am now 100% supportive of LTC.

Strange though that me and Randy have the highest numbers. Also strange that we were the most vocal anti-BFL people. Weird, guess many people believe BFL is 100% legit even with these delays. I sure hope they are indeed legit but me and Randy probably got most of those ignores for that reason alone, I think.

Don't know if I want to hold on to that title. Hehe.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: