Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:18:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any free cryptocurrencies?  (Read 2114 times)
Anders (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:09:21 PM

Free software in the form of open source etc has become very powerful. Could the same happen with cryptocurrencies? Are there any cryptocurrencies today that are truly free, meaning no fees, costs or exchange rates?

How much is one Facebook like worth? How much is one YouTube view worth? How much is one click on a link worth? People's attention is becoming more and more valuable it seems. Attention, without money.

Also, demographics and psychographics and so on are becoming increasingly valuable. Again, no money involved directly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s.tata

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:58:20 PM

hmm 
cryptocurrency without price?  Huh
Anders (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:08:19 PM

hmm 
cryptocurrency without price?  Huh

Yes! The value could instead of price be in the information about users/usage. Simply the attention from users is perhaps valuable enough to be put in a block chain. I'm just speculating here and haven't thought it through yet. Smiley
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:11:47 PM

Money move the world. DOGE had no fees in the begginning bot not now. You can make your own cryptocoin.
Anders (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:13:49 PM

Money move the world. DOGE had no fees in the begginning bot not now. You can make your own cryptocoin.

But user attention is a form of currency! Well, if stretching the definition a bit at least.
Anders (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:30:34 PM

Exchanging a free cryptocurrency into other crypto or fiat currencies could be tricky. Instead the free currency could have intrinsic value separate from money. Take for example this use case:

1. A user visits a website.
2. The user clicks 'Pay Freecoin'.
3. The transaction is stored on a block chain with information about the website domain.
4. The website owners can then prove publicly that they had one user attention.
henryjames1003

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:32:12 PM

Exchanging a free cryptocurrency into other crypto or fiat currencies could be tricky. Instead the free currency could have intrinsic value separate from money. Take for example this use case:

3. The transaction is stored on a block chain with information about the website domain.

one question: is the "intrinsic value" serious enough reason to create and push-up the alt?
it looks like meta-karma.

and what about getting freecoins?  I have to mine the air?
Anders (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:55:41 PM

one question: is the "intrinsic value" serious enough reason to create and push-up the alt?
it looks like meta-karma.

and what about getting freecoins?  I have to mine the air?

The miners will be awarded one Freecoin when they add a transaction to the block chain. So for example cloudminer.com could collect a lot of freecoins.

And freecoins could even be transferred between wallets. When transferred, the domain for the freecoins will be replaced, such as somedomain.com to anotherdomain.com.

One problem is to ensure unique and real user identities. Otherwise bots could quickly fill up the block chain with fraud payments.

Would there be any real useful value in Freecoin if it would work like that? I don't know yet. Grin

(The name Freecoin is already taken so another altcoin name would have to be used in practice.)
KriszDev

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:34:32 PM

So you thinking of a decentralized store?
Anders (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:03:46 PM

The only things stored in the Freecoin block chain are the unique user IDs and the domain names for the owners of the coins, plus a value A or B. Class A means original Freecoin, i.e. a user has directly payed the coin to the domain owner. Class B means that the coin has been transferred to another owner. So each freecoin has only three data fields: user_id, domain and class.

Freecoins are generated by genuine users paying with their attention/interest/like. So the users don't have any freecoins stored in their wallets. Instead, a new freecoin is generated automatically when the user pays.
henryjames1003

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:36:38 PM

The only things stored in the Freecoin block chain are the unique user IDs and the domain names for the owners of the coins, plus a value A or B. Class A means original Freecoin, i.e. a user has directly payed the coin to the domain owner. Class B means that the coin has been transferred to another owner. So each freecoin has only three data fields: user_id, domain and class.

Freecoins are generated by genuine users paying with their attention/interest/like. So the users don't have any freecoins stored in their wallets. Instead, a new freecoin is generated automatically when the user pays.

how i can see it's nor an cryptocurrency yet - there is^

no anonymity(anonymity = many accounts to one person as the fundamental point)
no safety (if it costs nothing in usd(or euro, or whores) - it meant nothing, there are no real need to keep it safe

it looks more like marketing idea then real currensy. not bad marketing idea. thank you  Grin

KriszDev

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:38:59 PM

We are wanna make a new cryptocoin?
Anders (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:52:13 PM

how i can see it's nor an cryptocurrency yet - there is^

no anonymity(anonymity = many accounts to one person as the fundamental point)
no safety (if it costs nothing in usd(or euro, or whores) - it meant nothing, there are no real need to keep it safe

it looks more like marketing idea then real currensy. not bad marketing idea. thank you  Grin

Maybe the anonymity issue can be solved by having encrypted user IDs. I personally wouldn't want to pay with Freecoin on say a dirty website, lol, unless my user ID was securely encrypted.

There is a need to ensure that when a domain owner claims for example that they have received 10,000 freecoins in one day, that the claim can be objectively verified to be true. That's where the block chain is useful.
boxuser

Activity: 322

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:13:22 PM

not sure if it is what you are looking for but take a look at Credits CRD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=634403.0 http://vimeo.com/100148381

Free software in the form of open source etc has become very powerful. Could the same happen with cryptocurrencies? Are there any cryptocurrencies today that are truly free, meaning no fees, costs or exchange rates?

How much is one Facebook like worth? How much is one YouTube view worth? How much is one click on a link worth? People's attention is becoming more and more valuable it seems. Attention, without money.

Also, demographics and psychographics and so on are becoming increasingly valuable. Again, no money involved directly.

Anders (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:27:59 PM

not sure if it is what you are looking for but take a look at Credits CRD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=634403.0 http://vimeo.com/100148381

That seems to be about credit. My idea is that freecoins are only generated in real-time, when the users pay for something with Freecoin. The users pay with their attention. How much is attention from users worth? A lot! For ordinary users, their wallets will always contain zero freecoins and zero credits. The Freecoin wallets automatically generate new freecoins on the fly.
Anders (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:13:31 AM

Yikes. On a second thought, encrypted user IDs could get compromised by matching them to session information about the real user identities. Then by examining the block chain the whole history of users' payments could get exposed. Not good.

One inadequate solution is to remove the user IDs completely from the block chain. Then the freecoins would be truly anonymous. The important thing is that each freecoin is guaranteed to have been payed by a genuine user, which could be tricky since bots could be set up by someone using his or her real user ID, and the bots could then make fraud payments like crazy and thereby make a domain owner receive tons of freecoins without any real user interaction.

Another solution is to store the real user IDs transparently on the block chain. And set a limit to say max one freecoin per user and domain each 24 hours. That would at least severely throttle the bots' ability to generate fraud payments.
Anders (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:59:10 AM

We are wanna make a new cryptocoin?

It would take too much time and effort for me to learn how to actually implement a free cryptocurrency. Plus the problem with genuine and unique user IDs needs to be solved. With Freecoin (or what to call it) one physical person should only be allowed to have one user ID.
KriszDev

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:45:40 AM

I have ideas of a new cryptocoin and i could make one. But one problem the decentralized part. The mining could be equal mining (each user get a block once a day for a little work). And we will need a private and public key generator.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:30:21 AM

CLAM if you had bitcoin/doge or ltc on may 15.

Huntercoin if you can human mine!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
KriszDev

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:35:30 AM

The problem with hunter coin is you get killed too fast. There are too many people in the map. You can't collect anything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: