Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:40:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: seeking 1000 USD loan, interest 15%! REPAYMENT COMPLETE.  (Read 9130 times)
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:21:28 PM

oh, right. duh. i forgot i posted that. hmm. suggestions?

Hmmm... When you did the group buys, did you put a return address on the shipped stuff? You can then give us some sort of an Address Verification (Bills, etc.).

well, i've moved twice since then actually. currently living with my fiance in her parents house, so no bills of my own besides my cell phone anyway. that and they were shipped via fedex and ups - so the address would be their stores. and since i've moved from utah back to texas, that wouldn't help.

well, for starters: full legal name is arklan uth oslin (no middle name, thats first and last only) and being such a unique name, almost all the results (for even just arklan) are me.

Okay. Do you still have control over the addresses you used for the group buys?
arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:22:37 PM

Hmmm... When you did the group buys, did you put a return address on the shipped stuff? You can then give us some sort of an Address Verification (Bills, etc.).

well, i've moved twice since then actually. currently living with my fiance in her parents house, so no bills of my own besides my cell phone anyway. that and they were shipped via fedex and ups - so the address would be their stores. and since i've moved from utah back to texas, that wouldn't help.

well, for starters: full legal name is arklan uth oslin (no middle name, thats first and last only) and being such a unique name, almost all the results (for even just arklan) are me.

ah! well sure.

thinking i sign a message with em?

address: 1FhKvN9VB9AhJ3pfsEMa7ZDpuifSh5JXNo

message between qoutes "as byt411 suggested, signing a message with the address used in the second stage of the group buy i did."

sig: HzOTdkAJO3vVrktI4KX5YktKMPlu8gC/VN/pCDFMEsl7lYp6q8uqXivAudfx9tz1bwL4NyIuQnSVGSie9g29SDM=

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
byt411

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:29:10 PM

ah! well sure.

thinking i sign a message with em?

address: 1FhKvN9VB9AhJ3pfsEMa7ZDpuifSh5JXNo

message between qoutes "as byt411 suggested, signing a message with the address used in the second stage of the group buy i did."

sig: HzOTdkAJO3vVrktI4KX5YktKMPlu8gC/VN/pCDFMEsl7lYp6q8uqXivAudfx9tz1bwL4NyIuQnSVGSie9g29SDM=

Signature verified. To complete this, do you have any post that states that this address is yours? Or can you find a record of you PMing someone, telling them to send to that address?
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:51:45 PM

found it!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195052.msg2849791#msg2849791

byt411

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:54:20 PM

Arklan has now been verified to be Arklan. lol.
So, how are you planning this loan? Are you planning to repay Welsh first?
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:59:17 PM

Arklan has now been verified to be Arklan. lol.
So, how are you planning this loan? Are you planning to repay Welsh first?

i'd be happy to if the $^%$&^#$ car title would come in!! ahem. pardon. it's frustrating to me that it's taken so long.

i think, unless my trip to the county tax office today proves fruitful and gets me the title, i'll have to take haploids offer, assuming the verification we just did meets his standards. the longer i wait, the more frustrated and tense things get around the house, ya know?

justbtcme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:28:38 AM

I'll be interested in providing you a loan. Can you update me on the current situation and the terms of the loan? Thanks.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:33:28 AM

I'll be interested in providing you a loan. Can you update me on the current situation and the terms of the loan? Thanks.

current situation is as follows. i owe welsh .66 btc. i plan to sell my current car to cover that, but seem to be continually waiting for the title to come in the mail.

i am asking for 1000 USD so i can put a down payment on a new car, which i can then use to drive for Uber, thus being employed. terms are 1000 USD equivalent of btc, paid back over some months, a minimum of .2 monthly, with 15% interest. say the loan was 1 btc (don't we all wish!) then i'd pay back 1.15 btc.

haploid has offered the full amount, disregarding the amount owed welsh - but hasn't posted since the initial offer. others are waiting until that debt to welsh is resolved.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 06:40:29 AM

haploid has offered the full amount, disregarding the amount owed welsh - but hasn't posted since the initial offer. others are waiting until that debt to welsh is resolved.

Ok arklan, I just finally had a chance to catch up with the thread. I'll kick start your new job with the loan. If I'm understanding this correctly, you have no definite date that you'll pay off the loan completely, but you're pledging at least 0.2 btc weekly until repayment is finished? Anything else you can reassure me of besides your "good words"?

byt411

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:04:30 AM

Ok arklan, I just finally had a chance to catch up with the thread. I'll kick start your new job with the loan. If I'm understanding this correctly, you have no definite date that you'll pay off the loan completely, but you're pledging at least 0.2 btc weekly until repayment is finished? Anything else you can reassure me of besides your "good words"?

He has no collateral, obviously, but his trust should be enough. If he sold tha account, he would get more anyway.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:16:44 AM

The 0.2 BTC is monthly not weekly.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:35:16 PM

The 0.2 BTC is monthly not weekly.

All is correct. I'm intending to work my ass off to get back on my feet though. Hours are up to me.

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:00:53 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 05:12:13 PM by arklan

just an fyi - there's been some ugliness at home, so me and the fiance are going to spend a few days with friends. as such, the address in my sig is useless to me - it's my desktop.

any btc sent to me regarding this loan needs to go to 19XRT7MWnUjBY6rCBr6kKnaaN93DMQJYQ8 which is my phone's wallet.

i suppose i should edit the sig while i'm thinking about this.

the above is now pointless, since i just edited the sig...

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:18:53 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 06:30:56 PM by Welsh

just an fyi - there's been some ugliness at home, so me and the fiance are going to spend a few days with friends. as such, the address in my sig is useless to me - it's my desktop.

any btc sent to me regarding this loan needs to go to 19XRT7MWnUjBY6rCBr6kKnaaN93DMQJYQ8 which is my phone's wallet.

i suppose i should edit the sig while i'm thinking about this.

the above is now pointless, since i just edited the sig...

Sad to hear you are having even more difficulties Arklan. You've kept on fighting though, I'll give you that.

Update: Debt paid off.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

so, apparently my debt to welsh is now cleared. BiPolarBob paid it off for me, as a gift. i am in complete shock.

relevant thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441074.msg8139942#msg8139942

plus PM confirming gift:
No it's just a gift, hope things in you life get better  Smiley

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:36:53 AM

uh, guys? old loan is paid off, i'd like to get this one now... where'd everybody go?

byt411

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:49:38 AM

uh, guys? old loan is paid off, i'd like to get this one now... where'd everybody go?

I'm here Arklan. Please tell me an address. As far as I understand, I am supplying 10% of the loan, so I can expect a repayment of 0.02 per month, is that correct?
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:56:22 AM

I'm here Arklan. Please tell me an address. As far as I understand, I am supplying 10% of the loan, so I can expect a repayment of 0.02 per month, is that correct?

yep.

use the address in my sig. though to be honest i was planning on taking you up on the btc-paypal trade you mentioned in that other thread. seems slightly odd for you to send me btc only for me to send it back to you, ya know?

byt411

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:03:23 AM

yep.

use the address in my sig. though to be honest i was planning on taking you up on the btc-paypal trade you mentioned in that other thread. seems slightly odd for you to send me btc only for me to send it back to you, ya know?

Sorry, but I don't need PayPal right now. I will contact you if I need some. Don't use virwox. Use people like monbux.
By the way, what if the value of BTC suddenly skyrockets? Shouldn't we fix this to USD, so that total repayment for me would be $115, regardless of BTC value?
I think that would be loads better to you.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:05:13 AM

yep.

Sorry, but I don't need PayPal right now. I will contact you if I need some. Don't use virwox. Use people like monbux.
By the way, what if the value of BTC suddenly skyrockets? Shouldn't we fix this to USD, so that total repayment for me would be $115, regardless of BTC value?
I think that would be loads better to you.

obviously i'd prefer that. but i asked for it in btc, so i'll repay it in btc regardless.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: