Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:52:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R3-Box Setup [HD]  (Read 22021 times)
TrekRider

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:50:21 PM

cgminer: https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/cgminer-win0.3.1.zip

params: cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 -o (pool) -u -p --rmu-freq=320
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:09:30 PM

cgminer: https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/cgminer-win0.3.1.zip

params: cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 -o (pool) -u -p --rmu-freq=320

Awesome, thanks mate!

I was able to get MultiMiner to detect my RK-Box and it is hashing away (only 80 Gh/s per blade but I have yet to move my R-Box miners and test a higher FREQ-currently 290)

Either way, stoked to have the rocket-miner hashing in MultiMiner!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:37:47 AM

infact i think these will top 500+ GH no problem. This is the real Antminer S3 Killer right here!!!

Can you clarify what you mean by Antminer S3 killer?

It doesn't mean anything at this point given the 10%+ rejects...

I'd be willing to bet the S3 doesn't have this problem when it's released and actual hashrates will be comparable.

Maybe...

I left the R3 overnight and this is the speed i am getting:

Stable 515 GH/s! I expect the rejects rate drop further as well

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:00:01 AM

infact i think these will top 500+ GH no problem. This is the real Antminer S3 Killer right here!!!

I'd be willing to bet the S3 doesn't have this problem when it's released and actual hashrates will be comparable.

Maybe...

I am more interested in what the pool says it sees from this.  When the error rate is that high the pool tells you more about what the effect is on the number of shares you are getting.
For the cost difference over the Ant S3 the Rock R3 is going to need to be at 580+ Gh/s with 2-3% rejects to reach parity.  Assuming the S3 performs as advertised.  Although, even with that if your a bigger a miner you would have to consider the increased power draw of the R3 before slapping 10 on the shelves.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 12:19:04 PM

Maybe...

I am more interested in what the pool says it sees from this.  When the error rate is that high the pool tells you more about what the effect is on the number of shares you are getting.
For the cost difference over the Ant S3 the Rock R3 is going to need to be at 580+ Gh/s with 2-3% rejects to reach parity.  Assuming the S3 performs as advertised.  Although, even with that if your a bigger a miner you would have to consider the increased power draw of the R3 before slapping 10 on the shelves.

510 - 10% is 449 at the pool, which is what I'm seeing here.

brudog

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:58:22 PM

Just got my r3 rocketminer and trying to run it on windows 8. Devices list it as unknown and I cant get the zadig driver to load. Is there a different driver for this? I dont have a rpi.  Have 5 rbox 32 gh/s running on this computer, will they run together? Thanks
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:01:20 PM

Just got my r3 rocketminer and trying to run it on windows 8. Devices list it as unknown and I cant get the zadig driver to load. Is there a different driver for this? I dont have a rpi.  Have 5 rbox 32 gh/s running on this computer, will they run together? Thanks

I cannot confirm Windows 8 but I have R-Box and RK-Box both running on Win7 x64, though they are hashing WAY lower than they should be (60Gh/s per blade currently  Cry )

The proper driver is available here...

CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
brudog

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:11:24 PM

Thanks for the info. Are you using cgminer 4.4.1?
brudog

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:14:28 PM

OK, I got the 4 r3rockbox blades recognized and 5 rbox miners. When I start cgminer 4.4.1 they all come on and the rbox's get up to 30gh/s but the 4 r3 blades only show 6-10 gh/s and keep restarting, after about a minute cgminer closes. Now it wont start, unplug the r3rockbox and the 5 rbox's work fine. Don't know what to do...
  I dont have a clue what to do......
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:36:59 PM

Thanks for the info. Are you using cgminer 4.4.1?

Actually I am using MultiMiner (www.multiminerapp.com)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.0

I just heard Windows/CGMiner/RK,R3,R-Box miners DO NOT play well with the SiLabs drivers I linked

MultiMiner uses BFGMiner for the backend so the SiLabs drivers work great with MultiMiner but for CGMiner I was told to use the Zadig driver when using CGMiner/Windows combo

*Got LootCrate?*
brudog

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:25:56 PM

Multiminer wouldn't find any rocks, just my ant s1's. Maybe have to remove zadig driver?
brudog

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:29:30 PM

I just ordered a Rpi.....
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:13:21 PM

Yes, Zadig is for cgminer.
MM uses BFGMiner which uses the standard Sil Labs driver.

Multiminer wouldn't find any rocks, just my ant s1's. Maybe have to remove zadig driver?

Trends

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:40:55 PM

Can anyone confirm to us that the fan speed control on the R3 is working?

Quadriga CX BTC/CAD Coin Exchange     www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=umvq5t3i2r6im243v94vucbo
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:48:02 AM

Small Video Rockminer R3-BOX Hashing 500++ Giga Hash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc5glg1g_K4
 Grin

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:38:03 PM

Will that firmware update work for the rk-Box also? They are basicly the same 4 blades.

Maybe, would take about 10 minutes to try if you've got an RK (which I don't), if we can track down an image file for this. I might have to rip one.

Could you add a step on how to image an sd card for an R3 please?

Will do if I can get an official copy of the SD card from somewhere. Cant find it on the repositories yet.

Update:  Firmware upgrade instructions for r3 does work with rk-Box with pi. On my two units(each has a pi) I had to ssh with pi then exit, then ssh a second time to allow for update. The first time you ssh to pi a corrupted dadabase error comes up, but once you fully exit and go back in everything works fine and update is applied. You can now adjust freq's at bottom of pools page.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Trends

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:47:05 PM

Someone who has one must be able to tell us!
Just pull the lan cable out of the pi (stops hashing) for 3-4min to see if the fan speed reduces

Quadriga CX BTC/CAD Coin Exchange     www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=umvq5t3i2r6im243v94vucbo
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

Someone who has one must be able to tell us!
Just pull the lan cable out of the pi (stops hashing) for 3-4min to see if the fan speed reduces

I can't seem to get it to save at full speed. Anyone else?

ceslick

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

digging in the bits... now ant powered!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 02:29:03 AM

Hey,

Anyone tried this on a p2pool?

Would be curious to see results.

Cheers

Chris

http://www.integratedideas.net  - Home of Rock Solid Miners
NZ Based BTC P2Pool: http://www.integratedideas.net/p2pool-btc/  -  NZ Based DOGE P2Pool: http://www.integratedideas.net/p2pool-doge/
Cloud mining with CEX.IO: https://cex.io/r/2/ceslicknz/0/
la7eralus

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:12:36 AM

Hey,

Anyone tried this on a p2pool?

Would be curious to see results.

Cheers

Chris

Incompatible.