Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:43:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NaNa: A Bitcoin Spokesperson  (Read 5969 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 10:59:47 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2012, 12:32:14 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

The below was originally pen for another thread, but as I kept typing and thinking about her, I felt it better if NaNa had her own thread.

Somebody tell me how the hell did this person get such a massive following? Make no mistake--I used the word 'massive' on purpose. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ROsVTKVDw

Image if Bitcoin had her following. I do, however, envision a Memory Dealers's ad on her dress(?), for she's as large as a billboard.

NaNa: Hello, YouTubers. Before I sing a new song today, I wish to shootout to a few of my new followers and bring attention to my first sponsor--Meze Grill--who kindly provided me this new dress, adding to my already gorgeous wardrobe. The rap song I'll be singing is...

Call me fucking nuts, but she's averaging 1M views per song. Did I mention she can't sing? Did I mention her other talents? That's right! Can't and none are the correct answers.

This person has all the makings of being the first Bitcoin superstar. NOT TONGUE-IN-CHEEK!!! Think underdog here, and you should be able to see the whole picture.

We don't need a Danica Patrick type to represent Bitcoin. We need a NaNa!

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 01:28:04 AM

So that's what RandyFolds' wife is up to...

(BFL)^2 < 0
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:46:49 AM

LOL  Where is Randy?
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:57:40 AM

The most enlightening post of the day goes to...

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 10:05:58 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2012, 06:28:29 AM by Jonathan Ryan Owens

[deleted because i felt bad]

Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:46:19 AM

You're all a bunch of haters. You're just jealous on her huge... following. You'll never get this amount of attention, not even in your wildest dreams. So stop criticizing and do it better than her if you have the balls.

That's right, I didn't think so.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 03:01:24 PM

has anyone tried contacting her to put a bitcoin sticker on her forehead?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 03:16:09 PM

The people posting about her appearance are just as bad as the ones supporting her. She can't sing and that's why she deserves a thumbs down, not other reason.

If the video said "I am beautiful", then it would be a different story.

Judging singers on looks is a pet peve of mine. Korean pop stars aren't singers, they're makeup-laden plastic models who do a bit of dancing while pantomiming and it kills me that society accepts them as "talent".

I don't want to live in this world anymore.

Atlas, show me how to kill myself.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 03:49:19 PM

The people posting about her appearance are just as bad as the ones supporting her. She can't sing and that's why she deserves a thumbs down, not other reason.

Judging singers on looks is a pet peve of mine. Korean pop stars aren't singers, they're makeup-laden plastic models who do a bit of dancing while pantomiming and it kills me that society accepts them as "talent".

She has responded to all the haters and she's cool with it. That's what make her so special. Her huge following is based on not having any talent. Think outside the box for a second, putting Bitcoin aside. If you, the reader, were a CEO of a major (or minor) brand, you couldn't get an XXXXX tee to her fast enough. Once you give it to her, you're faced with two options upon agreeing to her pay her view fee: outlining the exact terms to her or let her be herself when she's wearing the tee with your logo on it, albeit a hybrid of the two would be the wiser choice.

That said, picture her wearing a tee with a Bit-Pay or Mt Gox (hmmm! mountain) logo on the front and the Bitcoin logo on the back. Now look again at her tattoos. I bet she'll be game on getting another another one or two. Offer to pay for the tattoo that's she's always wanted as long as she gets a Bitcoin tattoo anywhere on her body at the same time. And film the tattooing, performed by two tattoo artist at the same time. Chances are they won't get in each other's way.

Next week, I offer up my idea for Octo-Mom and the renaming of her eight kids.

~Cackling Bear~

Full Disclosure: I'm not a marketer. I just play one on BitcoinTalk.
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Now, William Hung can't sing either, but look what he did with what he had.  He had a good attitude, most people loved him, and he got to be in the spotlight for a shortwhile.  He was happy and he made others happy.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:24:59 PM

Now, William Hung can't sing either, but look what he did with what he had.  He had a good attitude, most people loved him, and he got to be in the spotlight for a shortwhile.  He was happy and he made others happy.

That's an excellent point, but it has nothing to do with singing. What you're describing is him being a good performer, which I also disagree with, but I think the performance of him and "Chocolate rain" fall in the same self-deprecating popularity areas where the worse your performance is, the more popular you become. There's nothing wrong with it-- it's how Bush was elected, no?

I am speaking as a singer only. If she was asking people on her performance, then I'd say "droll". Doesn't mean I wouldn't be friends with her, or give her a MtGox T-Shirt care of Bruno. I'd just never ask her to sing at a show, and I wouldn't support her and lie to her if she asks for my opinion for example.

jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:51:50 PM

I don't care if NaNa can sing or not.  I care that she is popular and she can promote bitcoin.  I sent her a message so let's see if I get a response.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 04:53:55 PM

I don't care if NaNa can sing or not.  I care that she is popular and she can promote bitcoin.  I sent her a message so let's see if I get a response.

No offense, but here's the first thing that came to my mind reading your post:

Quote from: My mind

Eureeka! People think of Bitcoiners as overweight, sociopathic, spergy libertards! What's the best way to fix our tarnished image and show those detracting bastards that are in fact strong, successful and capable of crushing the competition? That's right! Nana!

jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 05:04:15 PM

Eureeka! People think of Bitcoiners as overweight, sociopathic, spergy libertards! What's the best way to fix our tarnished image and show those detracting bastards that are in fact strong, successful and capable of crushing the competition? That's right! Nana!

You realize you just made fun of overweight people, used the "r" word (liber*****), and put down libertarians in one sentence?  So you approve of using homeless people to promote technology but not overweight people?  Not trying to break you, just keeping my mind busy using the Internets.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 05:09:28 PM

You realize you just made fun of overweight people, used the "r" word (liber*****), and put down libertarians in one sentence?  So you approve of using homeless people to promote technology but not overweight people?  Not trying to break you, just keeping my mind busy using the Internets.

I didn't make fun of overweight people. My now dead mother was highly overweight, and she was just fine up until she died of cancer and general poor health.

As for libertards, I am starting to see many good points in libertarianism but libertards are a different breed. Look at Atlas/Boss for an example of a libertard.

Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 05:13:50 PM

You realize you just made fun of overweight people, used the "r" word (liber*****), and put down libertarians in one sentence? 

I see nothing uncommon about using all those words in a sentence. If he managed to put all those words in ONE WORD, now there's something I'd like to see.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 05:21:51 PM

You realize you just made fun of overweight people, used the "r" word (liber*****), and put down libertarians in one sentence?

I see nothing uncommon about using all those words in a sentence. If he managed to put all those words in ONE WORD, now there's something I'd like to see.

Libertubs.

flaxceed

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

>>Note new email flaxceed@tormail.org<<

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 05:22:08 PM

If Flaxceed sponsored this woman we could sell more Clebuterol (the "Size zero pill") than all other distributors combined.  This alone makes me want to get some Kamagra in me and love her.

//////////////////////////////////////////////
>>>>>>flaxceed@tormail.org<<<<<<
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

>>>  NOTE:  This is a new email address.  It is now tormail.org, and no longer tormail.net!  <<<

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 05:22:48 PM

Now, William Hung can't sing either, but look what he did with what he had.  He had a good attitude, most people loved him, and he got to be in the spotlight for a shortwhile.  He was happy and he made others happy.

That's an excellent point, but it has nothing to do with singing. What you're describing is him being a good performer, which I also disagree with, but I think the performance of him and "Chocolate rain" fall in the same self-deprecating popularity areas where the worse your performance is, the more popular you become. There's nothing wrong with it-- it's how Bush was elected, no?

I am speaking as a singer only. If she was asking people on her performance, then I'd say "droll". Doesn't mean I wouldn't be friends with her, or give her a MtGox T-Shirt care of Bruno. I'd just never ask her to sing at a show, and I wouldn't support her and lie to her if she asks for my opinion for example.

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? NaNa (hmmm!, as in Nakamoto) is currently a blank canvas. A blank canvas viewed by millions of viewers. Now, let's paint that canvas with a Bitcoin Magazine ad and have her sing "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miserables.

Images to get you inspired:

I wonder if NaNa planks.

Was just a blank canvas till Roger Ver paid for placement here. I'm sure he didn't just grab the first billboard that was available.

(prior, was a blank canvas viewed by millions of eyeballs) The Bloch Brothers Tobacco Company (also known as Helme Tobacco Company) of Wheeling, West Virginia, are best known for their Mail Pouch Tobacco.

Formally, a blank convas.

Now that's a Hot Spot! (double entendre intended)

Blank Canvas: What's Your Opus?

~Bruno~
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 10:40:20 AM

I'd like to step up and offer to put in the first $100 toward promotion of Bitcoin and associated service, jimbob.

Let us know how it goes!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: