Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:07:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NaNa: A Bitcoin Spokesperson  (Read 5973 times)
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 12:09:59 PM

haha 8 million views and the top comment:

i find this hard to mastrubate on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 03:00:14 PM

haha 8 million views and the top comment:

i find this hard to mastrubate on.

It must not have been a no-joy for that commenter, for he clearly stated he did, but found it difficult.

His unedited comment: I find this hard to masturbate to, but will give it a whirl. The Wisdom in Crowds dictates that 8 millions viewers can't be wrong.

~Cackling Bear~
nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:22:06 PM

I don't care if NaNa can sing or not.  I care that she is popular and she can promote bitcoin.  I sent her a message so let's see if I get a response.

No offense, but here's the first thing that came to my mind reading your post:

Quote from: My mind

Eureeka! People think of Bitcoiners as overweight, sociopathic, spergy libertards! What's the best way to fix our tarnished image and show those detracting bastards that are in fact strong, successful and capable of crushing the competition? That's right! Nana!

You realize you just made fun of overweight people, used the "r" word (liber*****), and put down libertarians in one sentence?  So you approve of using homeless people to promote technology but not overweight people?  Not trying to break you, just keeping my mind busy using the Internets.

Overweight people are gross!  RonPaul2012 RonPaul2012
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 04:48:28 AM

I'd like to step up and offer to put in the first $100 toward promotion of Bitcoin and associated service, jimbob.

Let us know how it goes!

Ok, NaNa replied back to me!  So far it's $150 from me and $100 from Johnathan.  Thx Johnathan!

I told her to do two videos.  For first video I will pay her $100.   If we like it then for the second $150.

For each video we'll pay 50% before and 50% after.

I told her we'll pay her in PayPal :-( or bitcoins.  Hopefully she will take bitcoins.  We'll see what she says.  I'm already thinking of a script:

"Hi, I'm NaNa, the bitcoin girl!  I love you satoshi nakamoto!"
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 04:57:21 AM

I'd like to step up and offer to put in the first $100 toward promotion of Bitcoin and associated service, jimbob.

Let us know how it goes!

Ok, NaNa replied back to me!  So far it's $150 from me and $100 from Johnathan.  Thx Johnathan!

I told her to do two videos.  For first video I will pay her $100.   If we like it then for the second $150.

For each video we'll pay 50% before and 50% after.

I told her we'll pay her in PayPal :-( or bitcoins.  Hopefully she will take bitcoins.  We'll see what she says.  I'm already thinking of a script:

"Hi, I'm NaNa, the bitcoin girl!  I love you satoshi nakamoto!"

This will no doubt put some nice bucks into her pocket.

At least we're on the same page. But I even have something bigger (no pun intended) planned for her, currently in beta-beta-beta. Wait till you see what I have up my sleeve. Coming Soon! Too bad March 11 already passed and was already taken, therefore I won't give a date, but will announce when I'm at the beta-beta stage. I know what you're thinking--Is Bruno working on some secret project?

~Bruno~

PS: This post is not a joke, for I'm truly working on something.
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 05:27:26 AM

ok she will do it!  I need a script!  help!  she will read whatever we give her! most creative one wins.  or we can do it collectively. ready set go!!!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 05:46:27 AM

ok she will do it!  I need a script!  help!  she will read whatever we give her! most creative one wins.  or we can do it collectively. ready set go!!!

My idea centers around her being the official spokesperson for my soon to be created site. Of course, I don't mean the official spokesperson for Bitcoin, thought that's not necessary outside the realm of possibility. What I mean is that I'm not creating a Bitcoin.org type site having her as an official spokesperson, but a site that takes full advantage of Bitcoin, with NaNa as the catalyst, so to speak.

~Bruno~
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 07:11:47 AM

The below was originally pen for another thread, but as I kept typing and thinking about her, I felt it better if NaNa had her own thread.

Somebody tell me how the hell did this person get such a massive following? Make no mistake--I used the word 'massive' on purpose. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ROsVTKVDw

Image if Bitcoin had her following. I do, however, envision a Memory Dealers's ad on her dress(?), for she's as large as a billboard.

NaNa: Hello, YouTubers. Before I sing a new song today, I wish to shootout to a few of my new followers and bring attention to my first sponsor--Meze Grill--who kindly provided me this new dress, adding to my already gorgeous wardrobe. The rap song I'll be singing is...

Call me fucking nuts, but she's averaging 1M views per song. Did I mention she can't sing? Did I mention her other talents? That's right! Can't and none are the correct answers.

This person has all the makings of being the first Bitcoin superstar. NOT TONGUE-IN-CHEEK!!! Think underdog here, and you should be able to see the whole picture.

We don't need a Danica Patrick type to represent Bitcoin. We need a NaNa!

~Bruno~

Maybe pay her some money to sponsor bitcoins.  Unfortunately, she may spell it out,

this is brought to you by B-I-T-C-O-I-N-S, sorry I can't pronounce it

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 07:19:07 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2012, 07:50:19 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

ok she will do it!  I need a script!  help!  she will read whatever we give her! most creative one wins.  or we can do it collectively. ready set go!!!

I believe I have the answer--NO SCRIPT!!! Allow NaNa to be NaNa. Simply give her a couple Bitcoin links to get her up to speed, then trust that she'll say and do the right thing. If something comes out not according to plan, so be it. When the naysayers of Bitcoin comment with negatives, she'll defend Bitcoin in her own special way. Imagine watching her go through the Bitcoin learning curve all on YouTube. Imagine in the future when somebody is ask where did they first hear of Bitcoin, they answer, "From NaNa."

That said, my idea is now officially in the beta-beta stage--introduction. A new thread will be started for bitviews.com. Guest who I dearly want to be the official spokesperson for bitviews.com.

Shit just got real!

~Bruno~
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 06:27:35 PM

She has to say something about bitcoin to get my money's worth.  Anybody?
NASDAQEnema

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 06:47:56 PM

The complaints about the memetic dynamics here are valid:

The pivot point for a meme (the bullhorn) is usually the pigeonhole its users fall into.
Getting a million eyeballs is shit if:
0. You don't already have general demand for your product
1. Your audience is clueless as to what caused the financial meltdown
2. That it's still ongoing
3. That general demand thing isn't going to change until Bitcoin becomes indispensable (pun intented) with #2 and #3
4. You will never get out of this hole

Homeless people wearing ads works because:
0. People already want wifi
1. Homeless people aren't the pivot point
2. People will always want wifi
3. Wifi is indispensable
4. There is no association of wifi with one group

If you feel Universe has trolled you exclusively, please donate to Emergency Butthurt Support Fund:
1Jv4wa1w4Le4Ku9MZRxcobnDFzAUF9aotH
Proceeds go to Emergency Butthurt Escape Pod none of you will be allowed to use. If you have read this far, you must pay Emergency Butthurt Internet Tax.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 08:49:47 PM

The complaints about the memetic dynamics here are valid:

The pivot point for a meme (the bullhorn) is usually the pigeonhole its users fall into.
Getting a million eyeballs is shit if:
0. You don't already have general demand for your product
1. Your audience is clueless as to what caused the financial meltdown
2. That it's still ongoing
3. That general demand thing isn't going to change until Bitcoin becomes indispensable (pun intented) with #2 and #3
4. You will never get out of this hole

Homeless people wearing ads works because:
0. People already want wifi
1. Homeless people aren't the pivot point
2. People will always want wifi
3. Wifi is indispensable
4. There is no association of wifi with one group

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just in this for the laughs, sir.

I have a friend who's a youtube troll, "eric parrey" (look him up) who trolls and is awful. I enjoy watching total failure on youtube, and I think it would be hilarious to see NaNa communicate Bitcoin to a confused crowd of people.

Anyways, Jimbobway - let me know when / if there's a final product and let me know where to send the $$'s to.

-Jonathan

jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 09:11:20 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just in this for the laughs, sir.

I have a friend who's a youtube troll, "eric parrey" (look him up) who trolls and is awful. I enjoy watching total failure on youtube, and I think it would be hilarious to see NaNa communicate Bitcoin to a confused crowd of people.

Anyways, Jimbobway - let me know when / if there's a final product and let me know where to send the $$'s to.

-Jonathan

Will do!  I come up with something for her and sent it.  Now I guess we'll just wait and hope she pulls throught.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 09:32:10 PM

Of course, I don't mean the official spokesperson for Bitcoin, thought that's not necessary outside the realm of possibility.

That is outside the realm of possibility. There is no "official" bitcoin anything.  It is all open sourced and decentralized.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 09:50:38 PM

Have her cover "Sexy and I know it" by LMFAO with some bitcoin modifications

Girl look at that bitcoin (x3)
I mine coin
I mine coin

When I walk in the spot, this is what I see
Everybody stops and they staring at me
I got bitcoin in my wallet and I ain't afraid to show it

I Bitcoin and you know it (x2)

... etc.

Choose a popular song and tweak it so its about bitcoins, then the lowest common denominator will be able to appreciate it and not just our tiny community.
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 09:52:18 PM

I mine coin
I mine coin

... etc.

Choose a popular song and tweak it so its about bitcoins, then the lowest common denominator will be able to appreciate it and not just our tiny community.

I requested her to cover a song.  Not that one but another song.  I don't want to ruin it so it's a secret now.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 10:21:30 PM

The freak shows were always the most popular in the days when the circus came to town.

Youtube = freak show 2.0

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 02:30:55 AM

The freak shows were always the most popular in the days when the circus came to town.

Youtube = freak show 2.0

Ummm! You forgot to link to... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EExdBDd0rcA&ob=av3e
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 04:28:23 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2012, 04:38:31 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

I mine coin
I mine coin

... etc.

I requested her to cover a song.  Not that one but another song.  I don't want to ruin it so it's a secret now.

I have a job for you, jimbobway. Get NaNa to sign up to this forum, and promise her that she'll get whitelisted ASAP (I'm sure that can be easily arranged). Suggest to her to sign up using her real name--NaNa Davis--and to use her actual profile as her avatar. Tell her to not forget to link to all her sources in her bio here.

Also, I just paid my brother-in-law $350 for a killer hand tooled leather purse that we, as a community, will give to her as a welcome gift for joining our community. The purse is finished but does need to have attached to it a hand tooled Bitcoin logo and her full name--her brand. Once she agrees, I'll talk to her about these minor, yet important, design details.

The image below is of the actual purse. As you see, the front won't have the tooling, but the back will, for it offers up a larger canvas. Where ever NaNa goes, people will see her killer purse and know that it came from the Bitcoin community--BitcoinTalk.

(image C&P from my brother-in-law's site, hence the text atop the image)

I just held this purse a few minutes ago, but don't remember the weave and lace being purple. I think that happened during the taking of the image. Either way, it's still killer.

~Bruno~

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 05:39:21 AM

Was just watching some of NaNa's videos to get to know her better. Did you know that she took her first steps last month after not being able to walk for almost four years? Either did I. Here's the video of NaNa walking on her new leg for the first time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCbicGMXcY

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: