Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:24:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NaNa: A Bitcoin Spokesperson  (Read 5973 times)
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 05:50:41 AM

Just tell her to put a bitcoin address in the info of her videos so she could get tipped that way cause its cheaper...she'd probly get hacked though. Maybe have her make a mt gox account or something. Also bitcoin hologram sunglasses.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 02:34:22 PM

Just tell her to put a bitcoin address in the info of her videos so she could get tipped that way cause its cheaper...she'd probly get hacked though. Maybe have her make a mt gox account or something. Also bitcoin hologram sunglasses.

Genius idea, bitcoinbitcoin113!!!+! We'll shower NaNa with Bitcoin related merchandise, presented to her as gifts. Each time she receives a new gift, she posts a video about it, does her shootouts, then signs a song. Now, who wants to be the one to send her a pair of Bitcoin themed holgram sunglasses? (aside: it would be nice if the owner of this site accepted Bitcoin: http://www.hologram-sunglasses.com/)

Gift suggestions:

• Bitcoin Hologram Sunglasses
  • Bitcoin Magazine Subscription (one month at a time paid for my different users/gift givers each month)
  • BitBrew Coffee sample
  • A ฿1 Coin from Casascius
  • Pair of Alpaca Socks
  • A Bitcoin Ring

Last, but not least, a shirt with "I am NOT Satoshi Nakamoto" on it, similar to the one below.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 02:42:38 PM

Of course, I don't mean the official spokesperson for Bitcoin, thought that's not necessary outside the realm of possibility.

That is outside the realm of possibility. There is no "official" bitcoin anything.  It is all open sourced and decentralized.

You are correct, RaggedMonk. Therefore, I'll have her as the official spokesperson for Bit Views at bitviews.com (currently in development). She'll be my Danica Patrick of Godaddy.

~Bruno~
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 02:48:38 PM

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

One off NP-Hard.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 02:56:48 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2012, 03:09:11 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

She sure is, and a beautiful fat person at that. Thank you kindly for your comment.

~Bruno~
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:04:27 PM

Damnit I was silly enough to go check out the video and thus fell in this stupid trap.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 03:08:45 PM

Damnit I was silly enough to go check out the video and thus fell in this stupid trap.

Actually, you didn't fall into a stupid trap. This is not a joke. Think outside the box, grondilu, for there's great promise there.

~Bruno~
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:14:36 PM

Actually, you didn't fall into a stupid trap. This is not a joke. Think outside the box, grondilu, for there's great promise there.

Indeed I realized just after posting that you might actually be serious.  Well, why not.  I say go for it.

But, you can not promote someone as a "spokerperson" only on his/her look.  At most, she can be sponsored so that she makes some advertisment, but in no way she could be described as a "spokerperson".

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 03:39:39 PM

Indeed I realized just after posting that you might actually be serious.  Well, why not.  I say go for it.

But, you can not promote someone as a "spokerperson" only on his/her look.  At most, she can be sponsored so that she makes some advertisment, but in no way she could be described as a "spokerperson".

I beg to differ, for that's my intent--to have NaNa as the main spokesperson for bitviews.com. BitViews will be similar to Hitviews but with a myriad of differences, coupled with paying out in bitcoins weekly with no minimum requirements. My goal is that when the smoke clears, NaNa will have more Bitcoin related videos posted than anybody else, thus becoming a de facto spokesperson for Bitcoin.

~Bruno~
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 04:36:50 PM

Everyone please be nice to NaNa.  I got her to come to this forum and read your posts.  She is not happy with some things she read.  NaNa is a human being like the rest of us.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 04:59:40 PM

• Bitcoin Hologram Sunglasses

If they look good at all, I'd buy 5 at 1BTC each.  Come on some entrepreneur, step up!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 05:37:09 PM

Repugnant. No offense to nana (I left a supportive comment on her videos actually), but I call fail @ OP.

When you want something promoted, you pick people who are notable to promote it.

jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 05:47:46 PM

Repugnant. No offense to nana (I left a supportive comment on her videos actually), but I call fail @ OP.

When you want something promoted, you pick people who are notable to promote it.

Not necessarily.  Some people are famous for being famous.  For instace, Paris Hilton and her notability is highly arguable.  I argue that there is no difference on using Paris Hilton or NaNa to promote something simply because they are famous.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 05:50:30 PM

Unless a new startup thinks outside the box and opts for a currently non-notable as their spokesperson. I predict that some time in the future, NaNa will grace the cover of Bitcoin Magazine.

~Bruno~ (bitviews.com)
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 05:56:08 PM

Not necessarily.  Some people are famous for being famous.  For instace, Paris Hilton and her notability is highly arguable.  I argue that there is no difference on using Paris Hilton or NaNa to promote something simply because they are famous.

Nana, the Homeless, and Paris friggin Hilton?  Ya lets go all out for that freak show appeal... no offense to them but I am disgusted
by the marketing mentality that takes advantage of them and degrades us all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 06:03:17 PM

Nana, the Homeless, and Paris friggin Hilton?  Ya lets go all out for that freak show appeal... no offense to them but I am disgusted

Then you'll really enjoy this comedy gold on marketing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qMjilxCeuY
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 06:11:12 PM

So you are saying they are freaks?  You are degrading them and us all.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 06:14:28 PM

Not necessarily.  Some people are famous for being famous.  For instace, Paris Hilton and her notability is highly arguable.  I argue that there is no difference on using Paris Hilton or NaNa to promote something simply because they are famous.

Let's break this down:

Celebrity != Notability

Please don't bother arguing that people who are popular for the wrong reasons are appropriate to spread Bitcoin. Do not deceive yourself that an easy target is a good target.

While we're at it, can we get some child molesters (popular ones!) and famous psycho killers to wear Bitcoin shirts please? (Since obviously popularity is all that matters in a representative)

jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 06:19:29 PM

Let's break this down:

Celebrity != Notability

Please don't bother arguing that people who are popular for the wrong reasons are appropriate to spread Bitcoin. Do not deceive yourself that an easy target is a good target.

While we're at it, can we get some child molesters (popular ones!) and famous psycho killers to wear Bitcoin shirts please? (Since obviously popularity is all that matters in a representative)

Ok, good point.  So I'll add another criteria.  Popular and not-evil.
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 06:22:14 PM

Actually making hologram sunglasses sounds like a cool project, does not look very difficult either:

http://www.integraf.com/a-simple_holography.htm

If I do it it probably wouldn't be for like 2 weeks, but there is some easy money to be made by someone who's already got the lasers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: