Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:54:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zhoutong: Please create Stop Limit Order  (Read 1527 times)
Mushoz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 06:01:21 PM

Hey Zhoutong,

Thanks again for your great service! I was wondering if there are any plans to implement Stop Limit Orders?
As far as I know, they shouldn't be too hard to implement, and it will prevent stupid base prices when a spike soars
far past my trigger point. Thanks! Smiley

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unil

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:12:53 PM

I second that opinion for sure! My new position base flew past my trigger point by 40 cents during the major move up Tongue
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:22:35 PM

Do others here even use the trailing stop and stop functions on his website?

I can imagine his stop limit order would just result in you getting no position at all.

Unil, if I understand you correctly you might have had a buy order in at 5.01 but when
it actually executed to buy you got them at 5.41, right?

And that is exactly why I tend to do things manually. I could not find a thorough explanation
of his stop and trailing stop functions on his website.
Unil

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 06:53:17 PM

fcmatt, that is correct in the sense that I had a stop buy order at 5.065, but the order was placed at a base price of 5.47.

How do you go about the manual way of things then, if I may ask? I simply use bitcoinica since it allows for shorting, going in on margin, etc. and haven't been trading long (began watching bitcoins in December, began trading last month), so I am not completely up to date with other forms of placing stops, limits, trailing stops, etc. on different sites or in a "manual" sense. Thank you for the help though, or pointing that out. If you have a different method to minimize such occurrences then I would certainly be intrigued.
Krakonos

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:10:43 PM

I agree. I tried to use stop orders, but could not. The same happened to me. The thing is that the price spikes and your stop order becomes market order. But before the system is able to process it, the price moves back/forth/whatever, usually to your loss. I blame the spread for this.

Actually, a Limit stop order would not be any good, since when it should be executed, you'd get nothing, since the price probably moved just above your order. This is the way stuff happens with such high spread.

You probably want to place order "buy if prices goes above 5.0, but not for more that 5.1". I would like that too, but then it'd be more like programming a bot.

Tip jar: 1MWj8Etpt3ayLG5AvXwhtEU42szJD2m97z
Mushoz (OP)

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 07:10:55 PM

dear OP that cant be implemented and it wont be implemented until the daily volume on the marker will reach millions of USD

What has that got to do with volume? I just want to protect my stops with a limit, and it should be really easy to implement.

Mushoz (OP)

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 07:12:23 PM

I agree. I tried to use stop orders, but could not. The same happened to me. The thing is that the price spikes and your stop order becomes market order. But before the system is able to process it, the price moves back/forth/whatever, usually to your loss. I blame the spread for this.

Actually, a Limit stop order would not be any good, since when it should be executed, you'd get nothing, since the price probably moved just above your order. This is the way stuff happens with such high spread.

You probably want to place order "buy if prices goes above 5.0, but not for more that 5.1". I would like that too, but then it'd be more like programming a bot.

The last thing you mentioned is exactly what a Stop Limit Order is  Tongue You fill in your stop, upon which the order automatically becomes a limit order for the Limit price set, which is separate from the Stop price.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

fcmatt, that is correct in the sense that I had a stop buy order at 5.065, but the order was placed at a base price of 5.47.

How do you go about the manual way of things then, if I may ask? I simply use bitcoinica since it allows for shorting, going in on margin, etc. and haven't been trading long (began watching bitcoins in December, began trading last month), so I am not completely up to date with other forms of placing stops, limits, trailing stops, etc. on different sites or in a "manual" sense. Thank you for the help though, or pointing that out. If you have a different method to minimize such occurrences then I would certainly be intrigued.

By manual I mean i use limit and that is it. By hand, when I want to sell and to buy.
Mushoz (OP)

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 07:15:30 PM

dear OP that cant be implemented and it wont be implemented until the daily volume on the marker will reach millions of USD

What has that got to do with volume? I just want to protect my stops with a limit, and it should be really easy to implement.
yes but i(anyone) can exploit that because the market is to damn small

Exploit how? The current stop orders are way easier to exploit, since they turn into market orders once your stop price is hit.

Krakonos

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:19:13 PM

The last thing you mentioned is exactly what a Stop Limit Order is  Tongue You fill in your stop, upon which the order automatically becomes a limit order for the Limit price set, which is separate from the Stop price.

Sorry, I misunderstood it :-)

Tip jar: 1MWj8Etpt3ayLG5AvXwhtEU42szJD2m97z
Koekiemonster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:48:33 AM

I would like to see this too, not using Stop orders for this reason.

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
thest0ckman

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 02:01:05 PM

i want stop limits also, been waiting to see this come out.

Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 03:05:21 PM

Atm asking for new features is a bit out of whack with reality (however stop limits would be really great).

He needs to get what he has working.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█