Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:04:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NODE Puppet Removal Temporary Complain Page!  (Read 10212 times)
smartbomb

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:31:31 PM

It's not the stakes so much dzarmush , for ages it seems we have been talking up this project to everyone we know cos we thought it was worthwhile. We agreed to put real effort into it .We are just disappointed.

I see no reason to take away all 3 stakes. I think you should get your stake coz there's no chance to prove you're not 3 different persons. But since it looks very suspicious the other two accounts shouldn't get their stakes.

from a guilty till proven innocent point of view it may look suspicious , I do agree. From our point of view it was just three friends who live together who were doing something together. If the devs had not hidden the fact that IPs were getting checked then this problem wouldn't have happened. Was it never expected that friends or small groups would get interested together?..everyone had to act alone?
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:53:10 PM

It's not the stakes so much dzarmush , for ages it seems we have been talking up this project to everyone we know cos we thought it was worthwhile. We agreed to put real effort into it .We are just disappointed.

I see no reason to take away all 3 stakes. I think you should get your stake coz there's no chance to prove you're not 3 different persons. But since it looks very suspicious the other two accounts shouldn't get their stakes.

from a guilty till proven innocent point of view it may look suspicious , I do agree. From our point of view it was just three friends who live together who were doing something together. If the devs had not hidden the fact that IPs were getting checked then this problem wouldn't have happened. Was it never expected that friends or small groups would get interested together?..everyone had to act alone?

Of course not. But if at least one of your accounts was registered a while ago, say 1 or 2 months and two newbies it would look like one of you pointed out that there's a good investment opportunity, so you created two new accounts and invested. But 3 newbie accts in a raw. Suspicious.

haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:07:05 PM

Btw: You said: "..Currently it just looks as some members just sustain everything.."   And you´ve got this information from whom?  
Got the information from the "Puppet Removal Committee Decision Sheet" of course. At the time of writing the columns were named "Sustain" and "Reject" so I hope it was just confusion that caused all the crosses on the dark side of the sheet.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:56:44 AM

1. Unlabel all groups of 2 people without questioning. If anybody wanted to make puppets he wouldn't stop with just one and would make at least 5-10. Also there is absolutely not any chance to prove that 2 account are puppets, not family/friends/roommates.
2. Check IPs of groups of 3 people. Unlabel everybody with Tor/Corporate/Education IPs.
3. Take a closer look on groups of 4-5 people with Tor IPs. If they didn't sign up to 4-5 accounts in a raw within few minutes unlabel them also.
4. PM all other people and ask them to explain how come they have the same IP as people in their groups.
5. See how it goes and think what to do.

If devs have more evidences than IPs we need to take them into consideration of course.

I think this is a solid strategy. Obviously there were people with huge groups of puppets (Koop mentioned one guy with 45). Those are the ones that we definitely want gone out of Node, not two people who state they are friends/partners/roomates.

@hypersire how come this strategy became unsolid and you voted for elimination every single person?

I didn't vote for the elimination of anybody, quite the opposite. I chose sustained because in all the cases, it is clear those people are all coming from the same IP so the possibility is always there that it really is only one person. It was the correct call to flag them.

The devs had already planned to give one stake to these cases where there were two users involved. I let them know that my vote is that it is ok to give 2 stakes to one IP if people post their case in this thread. There really are very few of those cases so it is simply not worth spending time, energy and hurt feelings over it. For example, the two guys who posted with the sock puppets - I see nothing wrong with giving them 2 stakes.

So bottom line, NOBODY WILL BE ROBBED OF THEIR STAKES! One stake per IP is guaranteed, possibly 2. I am personally OK with 2 since there are so few cases but that decision is up to the devs in the end.

The sock puppet removal was a huge success as it found one guy with 45 and others with tens of sock puppets. Those are the kind of people that need to be removed, not two people who claim to live together!

But in the document you voted "sustain" which means you agree with devs and all these people should lose their stakes.

That doesn't make any sense. My sustain votes are all to sustain the people and their stakes.
If sustain really means take away their stakes then this couldn't have been set-up any more confusing. wtf ?

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:58:00 AM

1. Unlabel all groups of 2 people without questioning. If anybody wanted to make puppets he wouldn't stop with just one and would make at least 5-10. Also there is absolutely not any chance to prove that 2 account are puppets, not family/friends/roommates.
2. Check IPs of groups of 3 people. Unlabel everybody with Tor/Corporate/Education IPs.
3. Take a closer look on groups of 4-5 people with Tor IPs. If they didn't sign up to 4-5 accounts in a raw within few minutes unlabel them also.
4. PM all other people and ask them to explain how come they have the same IP as people in their groups.

If devs have more evidences than IPs we need to take them into consideration of course.

I think this is a solid strategy. Obviously there were people with huge groups of puppets (Koop mentioned one guy with 45). Those are the ones that we definitely want gone out of Node, not two people who state they are friends/partners/roomates.

@hypersire how come this strategy became unsolid and you voted for elimination every single person?

I didn't vote for the elimination of anybody, quite the opposite. I chose sustained because in all the cases, it is clear those people are all coming from the same IP so the possibility is always there that it really is only one person. It was the correct call to flag them.

The devs had already planned to give one stake to these cases where there were two users involved. I let them know that my vote is that it is ok to give 2 stakes to one IP if people post their case in this thread. There really are very few of those cases so it is simply not worth spending time, energy and hurt feelings over it. For example, the two guys who posted with the sock puppets - I see nothing wrong with giving them 2 stakes.

So bottom line, NOBODY WILL BE ROBBED OF THEIR STAKES! One stake per IP is guaranteed, possibly 2. I am personally OK with 2 since there are so few cases but that decision is up to the devs in the end.

The sock puppet removal was a huge success as it found one guy with 45 and others with tens of sock puppets. Those are the kind of people that need to be removed, not two people who claim to live together!

But in the document you voted "sustain" which means you agree with devs and all these people should lose their stakes.

That doesn't make any sense. My sustain votes are all to sustain the people and their stakes.
If sustain really means take away their stakes then this couldn't have been set-up any more confusing. wtf ?

Just saw that the options have now been changed. Geezz....

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:20:06 AM

Just saw that the options have now been changed. Geezz....

Yep. It meant sustain devs decision and take stakes away or reject it and keep stakes to people.

I changed options to "sockpuppets" and "people" so nobody would be confused and koop4u edited them again.

schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:31:30 AM

Btw: You said: "..Currently it just looks as some members just sustain everything.."   And you´ve got this information from whom?  
Got the information from the "Puppet Removal Committee Decision Sheet" of course. At the time of writing the columns were named "Sustain" and "Reject" so I hope it was just confusion that caused all the crosses on the dark side of the sheet.

Got it Wink My bad. I thought the list isn´t public.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5030

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:37:28 AM

@DEVS, In English the options to agree or disagree with a decision are Uphold (agree) or Over-rule (dis-agree).

Sustain is only used in Legal circles http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sustain

Legal terms are intentionally obfuscated from the general population, thereby forcing the need for their representation (which can be manipulated) when defending themselves and thereby removing power of control over their own fate from their hands. This is a form of bondage.

Hmm I like that explanation, I'll add it to my quotes list. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
koop4u (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:03:58 PM

@DEVS, In English the options to agree or disagree with a decision are Uphold (agree) or Over-rule (dis-agree).

Sustain is only used in Legal circles http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sustain

Legal terms are intentionally obfuscated from the general population, thereby forcing the need for their representation (which can be manipulated) when defending themselves and thereby removing power of control over their own fate from their hands. This is a form of bondage.

Hmm I like that explanation, I'll add it to my quotes list. Smiley

Thanks for clarifying this!

iGoodw1n

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:20:57 PM

@koop4u
I have send PM to you.  Wink

TOYJJWGS

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:08:52 PM

have a few problems, my company's colleagues at the beginning of the NODE is very interested in, so I help they established some accounts, now is regarded as a puppet, I don't know how to explain to them and they gave me the BTC I has been sent, for such a situation?
I don't know how to explain to them, there are  some best friends at that time is I help them, so also don't know what to do now!
Wait  for  your  reply~
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:00:52 PM

have a few problems, my company's colleagues at the beginning of the NODE is very interested in, so I help they established some accounts, now is regarded as a puppet, I don't know how to explain to them and they gave me the BTC I has been sent, for such a situation?
I don't know how to explain to them, there are  some best friends at that time is I help them, so also don't know what to do now!
Wait  for  your  reply~

Looks like devs removed you from the list. Need to wait for details from them.

cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:08:36 AM

I am one of the tor users. Am I ok now?
jcarl987

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:25:02 AM

Hello. I'm listed as P93. One account is for me and the other in the name of Kinzula, this is a stake that I bought my girlfriend as a gift. I hope that this is acceptable but if not, by all means refund the 2nd stake and leave just mine.

Oh and I know that it's 2 different coins but I did the same thing for NEM and their sock puppet removal measures left us with a stake each, just in case that counts for anything.

N1ceMan

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:52:08 PM

My account was deleted. I am not a puppet. Whom I need send PM?
jaspita

Activity: 406
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:15:28 PM

Hi!

Me and my wife are labeled as socketpuppets P30.

What should I do to remove it?

Thanks!
stuipooi123

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:26:20 PM

@dev/ comitte

Can you please confirm that i still have my stake. Just timmyd has had a pm confirming he still has his stake and i have not
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:31:37 PM

@dev/ comitte

Can you please confirm that i still have my stake. Just timmyd has had a pm confirming he still has his stake and i have not

Of course you have it. Committee members voted 100% for you. And both you and timmyd were unlabeled in the list.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:54:23 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 10:13:56 PM by dzarmush

Case Rockhill

He stated that he's from South Africa and other guys look like Japanese. He tried to keep distance from Asia like he can't even distinguish Chinese language from Japanese. But it turned out he's Chinese himself. That's why I voted against him keeping all stakes.

koop4u (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:56:28 PM

# Daily Report

Added 3 more cases! And pm'd a lot of users!

Planning to add 4 complains tomorrow morning! And after that we'll switch to the Member List!

I think we will start with the TOr users Smiley

Stay awesome - Gotham!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: