Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:22:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello! Joined today after waiting over a week for get-bitcoin :(  (Read 1048 times)
ForShow5 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:38:51 AM

I wish it was easier to purchase!  Cry
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serenata

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 06:33:55 AM

Yeap, buying Bitcoins is not easy, especially if you live outside the US. The past few days, I've been reading this forum like crazy and studying terms and conditions of sites that offer Bitcoin services, before attempting to buy. Spend some time on the forums, where you can find a wealth of information and try not to rush any action.

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331

Earthling

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 07:04:07 AM

It's not "easy" simply because people ain't competent enough.

I live in Denmark and I use Intersango for my Bitcoin-purchasing.

It's quite simple. Get a bank account (upgrade your currrent one) that allows international transfers and send the amount of money you wanna invest, then buy Bitcoins for it.

It will only take a couple of days for the money to arrive on your Intersango account and transfer fees are extremely low for us in Europe ^^

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
Serenata

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

It's quite simple. Get a bank account (upgrade your currrent one) that allows international transfers and send the amount of money you wanna invest, then buy Bitcoins for it.

It will only take a couple of days for the money to arrive on your Intersango account and transfer fees are extremely low for us in Europe ^^
You're quite right about Intersango (not the other part about people not being competent enough Tongue ). I should have mentioned that by saying "easy" I really meant that easy as paying instantly with paypal. For wire transfers, you would need a bank account capable of transferring money internationally and access to it via web banking preferably. If web banking is not an option, then you either need to visit the bank or use some sort of phone banking. Last thing to note is that wire transfers are being monitored, at least above a certain am amount of money. The whole thing usually takes from couple of days to a week.

My GPG Key
ForShow5 (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:36:53 PM

Just got my coins!!! Life is good!

Aggro
Donator

Activity: 296

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:58:42 PM

You're quite right about Intersango (not the other part about people not being competent enough Tongue ). I should have mentioned that by saying "easy" I really meant that easy as paying instantly with paypal. For wire transfers, you would need a bank account capable of transferring money internationally and access to it via web banking preferably. If web banking is not an option, then you either need to visit the bank or use some sort of phone banking. Last thing to note is that wire transfers are being monitored, at least above a certain am amount of money. The whole thing usually takes from couple of days to a week.

The problem with Paypal are chargebacks, and the fact that it is actually against their TOS to buy bitcoins with it. If you live in the USA, you can buy bitcoins with a cash deposit at more than 10,000 locations across the US and get your funds in under an hour. Right now we have a special offer where we give you a free bitcoin for trying our service:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67919.0

Thanks!
Roberto
Serenata

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 09:43:03 PM

Just got my coins!!! Life is good!

Could you please share your experience with us? We would appreciate any more details you could give us.

My GPG Key
MagicSata

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 09:59:44 AM

I would highly recomend Intersango. I have only used them to change my bitcoins to GBP but the money was in my account within 2 days after requesting the transfer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: