Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:06:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Since Bitscalper seems to be in a bit of a rut...  (Read 2806 times)
moocow1452 (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 05:00:59 AM

Could we feasibly start up an cross-exchange trading group on our own? No bots, just people taking shifts. Investors pour BTC in, we give whatever we got back out with a 5% cut or so?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 05:07:39 AM

Could we feasibly start up an cross-exchange trading group on our own? No bots, just people taking shifts. Investors pour BTC in, we give whatever we got back out with a 5% cut or so?

why?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 05:09:40 AM

why?

What are you, new to Bitcoin or something? You never ask why, you are supposed to just constantly defend yourself and retain anonymity at all costs. Geez

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 05:11:35 AM

why?
What are you, new to Bitcoin or something? You never ask why, you are supposed to just constantly defend yourself and retain anonymity at all costs. Geez
why?  Cheesy

I like the idea. but i dont think we should be paying for other peoples mistakes

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 06:48:28 AM

You should do triangular arbitrage.  Think  about going to other exchanges that use other currency pairs like BTC/RMB at btcchina.com

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
moocow1452 (OP)

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 02:14:21 PM

why?

because  Grin

In all honesty, it's because I like the premise behind Bitscalper a lot more than I liked the execution, and I think that I could do better given enough monkeys working enough typewriters.
tarrant_01

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:47:07 PM

In theory how does this work if you were to do it by hand?  Seems to me the fees would eat up a lot of it.

Get USD/BTC on Exchange A, B, C, etc...(which can be a hassel on it's own) - incur fee's for transfering cash
Buy BTC on Exchange A, Sell on B immediately - incur fee's for buying/selling
Then do you swap the BTC and USD at the exchanges? - more fees for moving cash

The price difference for buying selling needs to be pretty wide to cover all the fees to be profitable and I would assume in a large enough quantity to make it worth it.

Forgive my ignorance, but I've never really read up on any of this, just thought about how it might work.

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
moocow1452 (OP)

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 04:57:22 PM

It works by making better trades then the fees would otherwise eat. Buy low, sell high, and all that jazz. For example, BTC-e is at least a dime behind Mt. Gox on any given day because it's a pain in the ass to get money into, so buy there, transfer to Gox, sell, then run through Bitinstant to Liberty Reserve and rinse and repeat until the next opportunity pops up.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:08:03 PM

By all means... if it was such a great system, do you not think somebody might already be doing it?

Take your first buy... btc on btc-e, at $5.00 even. Great you now own $5 worth of btc. You transfer it to Gox. You pay a fee for the withdrawal. Based on current btc-e rates you now have $4.95 worth of btc at Gox. Cash that in for US$, at a dime higher rate, you make $5.05. Congrats, you are now playing the arbitrage game. Cash that out through Dwolla, get $4.80 back in your bank account a week later. Go to btc-e and buy .96 of a $5 btc, transfer it over to Gox, less the fees again, and now have $4.75 in value. Gain the dame dime worth of spread, cash it out and in another week, via Dwolla, your $5 investment is now worth $4.60. And the btc/USD rate hasn't shifted at all.

Ah, but your fellow investors are anxious to see some of their profits! You promised them 5% returns on each cycle, and some of those bastards actually think you might pay them... here's a withdrawal request from an investor who wants the money to pay for a new tank of oxygen for Grandma. So you send that $4.60 to the investor, and... damn, you're just a touch short, so you'll peel $0.65 from the next btc worth of investment coming in (they'll never know, not everybody is going to want to withdraw all at once, and you are such a genius, surely this will make a 5% profit some days) which leaves you $4.35 to spend on the next btc-e play.

And then in a month, you have to write a post about how the SQL table is corrupted, somebody hacked you because you fool-proof system is now out of money and deeply in debt, and you hope somebody will assume your liabilities so you can make a clean start on your other idea.

qualalol

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:27:15 PM

I did try some arbitrage on Intersango for a while -- I made ~3% a day for a week or so (on an investment of ~4BTC if I remember correctly) -- however it became more dangerous as exchange rates got more volatile again, so I stopped. It probably wouldn't work well with any significant volume, and it's not economical across exchanges (I was going to try buying on MtGox and selling on Intersango, since at the time there was a slight difference in prices -- enough to profit while covering transfer fees -- which disappeared after a week). But yes, you can earn a little this way -- and I haven't really looked at anything apart from Intersango and MtGox for doing so...
lomax

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:47:29 PM

I don't think anyone is arguing that this type of system can't work, ignoring LoupGaroux who we have to assume lost more than he could afford to on bitscalper. Many people have been doing well out of arbitrage bots for a long time, Coinabul as a notable example, has talked about his successes on IRC (or is he too scammy to believe either?).

Personally I would put btc into another arbitrage fund because I don't have time to implement it myself (day job pays better), we have seen huge spreads between markets in the past, we will see them again and someone will profit from them in this way.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 12:16:11 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2012, 12:31:20 AM by LoupGaroux

Never invested a single Satoshi with bitscalper, or mybitcoin, or any of the other rip-offs here. My skepticism nerve kicks in early and often when the flashing neon FREE LUNCH sign gets turned on.

And not knowing anything about me, or the level I play bitcoin at, you amuse me by thinking that I have lost money to a junior boy scammer. I make my gains the old fashioned way, playing the spread before the masses learn about them, and creating my own. Arbitrage is a delightful concept when played well, when housewives and script kiddies get involved, the serious money has already left the building. Have fun fighting over the carcasses of the market. Arb-bots rule! They are the way of the future! Everybody can make lots of profits, because the market only ever goes up! The South Sea Company will pay us all endless dividends!
f41lover

Activity: 63

All your random numberz 'r belong to us

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 11:14:05 AM

This guy might be legit ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68855.msg802731#msg802731
I'm going to try with a couple coins, will report progress

Trust no one.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 11:20:11 AM

This guy might be legit ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68855.msg802731#msg802731
I'm going to try with a couple coins, will report progress

You seem to be overeager and posting the same shit reply about this random new person. How much is he paying you?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
f41lover

Activity: 63

All your random numberz 'r belong to us

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 11:27:02 AM

Are you interested in fighting over this here or understanding if this guy is another scam or not ? I think we should try to calm up our spirits and decide who's legit and who's not. It's getting very confusing lately

Trust no one.
moocow1452 (OP)

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 01:58:14 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2012, 02:13:08 PM by moocow1452

Haters gonna hate, especially when their bits are on the line.

Although you honestly don't need post it on every single sub board. It will speak for itself if it works.
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 04:24:31 PM

By all means... if it was such a great system, do you not think somebody might already be doing it?

Take your first buy... btc on btc-e, at $5.00 even. Great you now own $5 worth of btc. You transfer it to Gox. You pay a fee for the withdrawal. Based on current btc-e rates you now have $4.95 worth of btc at Gox. Cash that in for US$, at a dime higher rate, you make $5.05. Congrats, you are now playing the arbitrage game. Cash that out through Dwolla, get $4.80 back in your bank account a week later. Go to btc-e and buy .96 of a $5 btc, transfer it over to Gox, less the fees again, and now have $4.75 in value. Gain the dame dime worth of spread, cash it out and in another week, via Dwolla, your $5 investment is now worth $4.60. And the btc/USD rate hasn't shifted at all.

Ah, but your fellow investors are anxious to see some of their profits! You promised them 5% returns on each cycle, and some of those bastards actually think you might pay them... here's a withdrawal request from an investor who wants the money to pay for a new tank of oxygen for Grandma. So you send that $4.60 to the investor, and... damn, you're just a touch short, so you'll peel $0.65 from the next btc worth of investment coming in (they'll never know, not everybody is going to want to withdraw all at once, and you are such a genius, surely this will make a 5% profit some days) which leaves you $4.35 to spend on the next btc-e play.

And then in a month, you have to write a post about how the SQL table is corrupted, somebody hacked you because you fool-proof system is now out of money and deeply in debt, and you hope somebody will assume your liabilities so you can make a clean start on your other idea.

Genius. Take my money.
mila

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 09:51:10 PM

Never invested a single Satoshi with bitscalper, or mybitcoin, or any of the other rip-offs here.

cough! slvr glbse cough!

your ad here:
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 09:54:59 PM

Shameless plug time!

If you want to play ponzi, go to http://www.bitcoinduit.com. Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 11:11:40 PM

Never invested a single Satoshi with bitscalper, or mybitcoin, or any of the other rip-offs here.

cough! slvr glbse cough!

Dammit- you reminded me. Yes I did get suckered for that rip-off, performed by our own resident precious metals scammer BitcoinMint.US- pure evil rip-off motherfucker who played the same... "oh I don't know how they all got lost but it is now worthless" bullshit game. And Peter Lambert and the LIF family of bitcoin rip-off coins. That's two thieving assholes to watch out for.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: