Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:24:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs: What Goes Around Comes Around!  (Read 2609 times)
LostDutchman (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 04:46:28 AM

http://wedemandjusticefrombfl.com/

It is coming and Hell is coming with it for BFL!

I am The Dutchman.

And I'm not scared.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:14:33 AM

Well then.  Good luck with that.
Niggle

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:15:25 AM

Good to see some action against BFL but for the love of God, spell check your website!

clownius

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:06:02 AM

Automated postings to forums etc is bad....

Seriously your going to create workload on forums etc dealing with automated posts.  The bane of every forum mod.
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:22:48 AM

I guess it's time to start grabbing the grenades that they tossed and toss them back.  Dirty tactics for dirty players.

The main text needs serious spellcheck though - I spotted at least 4 typos in 3 min of reading.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:05:57 AM

A couple of suggestions....

The good news for you is that BFL operates in the United States and try not to scoff at these suggestions, from personal experience, you can get some serious attention to the BFL situation, but you need to go through the side door. If you ever watch American Greed on TV, pay attention as to how the government found out about the scam.

Here are my suggestions:

1) The IRS anonymous tip line: 1-800-829-0433.  Chances are very high that if they are not doing what they say they are doing, they are more than likely not paying taxes. You can probably bet on the fact that Uncle Sam isn't getting his due from these guys.  If you're a bored Auditor looking at either going after a Bait and Tackle shop in Idaho or a Bitcoin Hardware manufacturer, which are you going to want to go after? This does work, from experience, it's the #1 way to get uncle sam pissed off at a business that can't afford to have a lobbyist (heh).

2) US postal service investigators (for some reason) have these odd government powers to marshal forces inside the government and move mountains. I have no idea why and it sounds like a crackpot suggestion, but trust me, start here too.  https://www.uspsoig.gov/hotline

Good luck... also, go on Fiver and find a marketing person to make your site a little better man. They take BTC too!.

LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 11:53:13 AM

Good to see some action against BFL but for the love of God, spell check your website!

Yeah, I'll get that done today!  (Saturday)

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 11:54:09 AM

I guess it's time to start grabbing the grenades that they tossed and toss them back.  Dirty tactics for dirty players.

The main text needs serious spellcheck though - I spotted at least 4 typos in 3 min of reading.

Yeah, you got it right!

I WILL do the spellcheck thing today (Saturday).

Thanks for your input!

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 11:55:07 AM

The good news for you is that BFL operates in the United States and try not to scoff at these suggestions, from personal experience, you can get some serious attention to the BFL situation, but you need to go through the side door. If you ever watch American Greed on TV, pay attention as to how the government found out about the scam.

Here are my suggestions:

1) The IRS anonymous tip line: 1-800-829-0433.  Chances are very high that if they are not doing what they say they are doing, they are more than likely not paying taxes. You can probably bet on the fact that Uncle Sam isn't getting his due from these guys.  If you're a bored Auditor looking at either going after a Bait and Tackle shop in Idaho or a Bitcoin Hardware manufacturer, which are you going to want to go after? This does work, from experience, it's the #1 way to get uncle sam pissed off at a business that can't afford to have a lobbyist (heh).

2) US postal service investigators (for some reason) have these odd government powers to marshal forces inside the government and move mountains. I have no idea why and it sounds like a crackpot suggestion, but trust me, start here too.  https://www.uspsoig.gov/hotline

Good luck... also, go on Fiver and find a marketing person to make your site a little better man. They take BTC too!.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Good input is always appreciated!

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
ALToids

Activity: 519

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:33:35 AM

Just out of curiosity, you seem to be located close to their main facility.  Have you ever toured BFL's facilities (back before they became the devil incarnate)?
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:19:24 PM

Here are my suggestions:

So true about the USPS. Mail fraud, which happens anytime a law is broken and the mail serves is used in someway associated with it, can carry more penalties than the law that was broken.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:55:45 PM

Just out of curiosity, you seem to be located close to their main facility.  Have you ever toured BFL's facilities (back before they became the devil incarnate)?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198508.0

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 02:03:21 PM

Went there once but they wouldn't let me past the foyer.

Corporations For Crypto
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:56:54 AM

I asked him if he had any specific shipping date, to which he replied that Jalapenos were being shipped now.  When asked about shipping of other devices, he would not give me any sort of idea at all, telling me that they will ship when they ship.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8553-monarch-cloud-mining-update-06-17-2014-11-03-pm-2.html#post83438

Can you explain to me why you demand a date and I tell you I don't want to give a date, but you keep demanding a date then I give you one and we miss the date and you then get made because we missed the date?

Just for the record, this is the last time I will give a date for anything. It will be ready when it's ready. I'm tired of the complaints not giving dates then complaints about missed dates after I reluctantly try to give an estimate as to a time frame.

It's ready when it's ready. That's the answer from now on. When anyone asks for a date, the answer is "It's ready when it's ready." There is, quite literally, no other answer from this point forward. So next time you post asking for a date, just go ahead and fill in the blank with "It's ready when it's ready." and we can save ourselves the time and trouble of the back and for demanding of dates I simply don't have.

Reads to me like "will ship when they ship" has been downgraded to "it's ready when it's ready" leaving the hoards of locusts at bay.
LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 01:02:20 AM

I asked him if he had any specific shipping date, to which he replied that Jalapenos were being shipped now.  When asked about shipping of other devices, he would not give me any sort of idea at all, telling me that they will ship when they ship.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8553-monarch-cloud-mining-update-06-17-2014-11-03-pm-2.html#post83438

Can you explain to me why you demand a date and I tell you I don't want to give a date, but you keep demanding a date then I give you one and we miss the date and you then get made because we missed the date?

Just for the record, this is the last time I will give a date for anything. It will be ready when it's ready. I'm tired of the complaints not giving dates then complaints about missed dates after I reluctantly try to give an estimate as to a time frame.

It's ready when it's ready. That's the answer from now on. When anyone asks for a date, the answer is "It's ready when it's ready." There is, quite literally, no other answer from this point forward. So next time you post asking for a date, just go ahead and fill in the blank with "It's ready when it's ready." and we can save ourselves the time and trouble of the back and for demanding of dates I simply don't have.

Reads to me like "will ship when they ship" has been downgraded to "it's ready when it's ready" leaving the hoards of locusts at bay.

Examine my plan to bring BFL to its knees.

Corporations For Crypto
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:32:48 AM

What a difference a year makes....oh wait maybe not.  Same crap, different year.

It's disgusting how companies like this continue to operate.  I guess America is so filled with bureaucratic crap nowadays nothing gets done.

We made fun of Avalon getting chased by the triad in China last year but if BFL was in China the place would have had an RPG go through those doors a long time ago.
LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 11:26:18 AM

What a difference a year makes....oh wait maybe not.  Same crap, different year.

It's disgusting how companies like this continue to operate.  I guess America is so filled with bureaucratic crap nowadays nothing gets done.

We made fun of Avalon getting chased by the triad in China last year but if BFL was in China the place would have had an RPG go through those doors a long time ago.

Well, I've got the launcher; all I need is the ammuntion.

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Corporations For Crypto
cosmicone

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:51:33 AM

What do you need?  I'll help.
LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:54:25 AM

What do you need?  I'll help.

Software; $97 each licence; as many as we can get.  Money for elite private proxies; we'll go through those like a hot knife through butter.

Around $250 a week for the length of the campaign which should run around 4-6 weeks.

Corporations For Crypto
Xelpherpolis

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:03:49 PM

And why would you need so many proxys? Are you planning to just dos the crap out of them, or somehow gain illegal entry to their servers?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: