Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:27:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Bitscalper under new management.  (Read 15500 times)
MiningBuddy (OP)

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 12:53:57 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2012, 11:21:13 PM by MiningBuddy

Please see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68862.msg891035#msg891035

Hello fellow bitcoiners, I have an announcement to make that will surely make at least some of you happy.

I have been in talks with the current bitscalper owner and we have came to an arrangement.
I will keep this brief and simple for the time being as things are moving very quickly and my attention is needed elsewhere.

I will be taking over bitscalper.com hosting/domain/website/source code, I.E Everything!

I cannot be held responsible for bitscalper's original owners actions or descisions but after in depth talks with him it is quite clear to me that he never intended to scam anyone or mistreat anyone in the ways portrayed recently, the project is/was too big for him and things have really got him down to the point where there are no options left apart from run. I understand things could/should have been handled different but he has tried his best to my knowledge, given the circumstances. Things could have gone a lot worse but hopefully I can intervene now and get things back on track. Lay off the original owner and give him some credit for trying to make amends, he could have simple just ran away silent.

With this I am also taking on the responsibility of returning customers missing funds.
This will be done as soon as is practically possible, I cannot give an accurate time frame and frankly I don't want any broken promises but rest assured I will be doing a full audit of the databases/bitcoind transactions and announcing a more solid approach to returning your funds when possible.

Plans are to return the site to its former working state after a full security audit has been made and necessary changes made to make the site secure, again I don't have an exact date but this is second on the list after sorting out refunds.

Please direct any questions about bitscalper's future to me in this thread, please keep it civil and on topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 12:54:37 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2012, 11:20:36 PM by MiningBuddy

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 12:57:52 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2012, 03:15:44 PM by MiningBuddy

Bitcoin daemon logs:

Bitcoind list accounts:
http://pastebin.com/x9yS8Fk9

Bitcoind listtransactions '*' 999999 | grep '"txid"' | uniq -c | sort -n:
http://pastebin.com/3heUAyVD

naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 01:12:13 PM

Reserved
only if it is open source...  Cheesy Cheesy

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
moocow1452

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:11:40 PM

So, I can get out of the haterade bunker now, right?
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:12:24 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2012, 08:25:35 AM by BTC-engineer

Hi MiningBuddy,

thanks for this update. Nice to see that someone else try to do it in the right way. It could only be made better.

Maybe it's only because I'm a non native English speaker, but I'm not so sure about the responsibility of the overtaken user bitcoins payout request.
Bitscalper clearly wrote he is out of the game and not responsible anymore.
You wrote you can't be held responsible for bitscalper's original owners actions and descisions.
You also wrote that you will taking on the responsibility of returning customers missing funds and you will pay them back as soon as it is *practically possible*.

So what will happen if bitscalper just took the users bitcoins or the bitcoins were stolen? Will you still feel responsible to fully pay back the users or is this then not *practically possible* anymore.

Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciated your decision to take over the business and I will support you, but I would like to get a clear picture about what will happen with the still missing pay-backs.

Good luck!

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:24:20 PM

Hi MiningBuddy,

thanks for this update. Nice to see that someone else try to do it in the right way. It could only be made better.

Maybe it's only because I'm a non native English speaker, but I'm not so sure about the responsibility of the overtaken user bitcoins payout request.
You wrote can't be held responsible for bitscalper's original owners actions and descisions.
You also wrote that you will taking on the responsibility of returning customers missing funds and you will pay them back as soon as is *practically possible*.

So what will happen if bitscalper just took the users bitcoins or the bitcoins were stolen? Will you still feel responsible to fully pay back the users or is this then not *practically possible* anymore.

Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciated your decision to take over the business and I will support you, but I would like to get a clear picture about what will happen with the still missing pay-backs.

Good luck!

Good honest question.
Things are moving fast I said in the announcement, I am still in the process of transferring the files and database etc for auditing.
My comment about practically possible is/was to cover me from the infamous Soon™ analogy.
I will have more information for you when I have conducted an audit of the database and checked over remaining source code.

BTC-engineer

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:43:30 PM

Hi MiningBuddy,

You wrote can't be held responsible for bitscalper's original owners actions and descisions.
You also wrote that you will taking on the responsibility of returning customers missing funds and you will pay them back as soon as is *practically possible*.

Good luck!

Good honest question.
Things are moving fast I said in the announcement, I am still in the process of transferring the files and database etc for auditing.
My comment about practically possible is/was to cover me from the infamous Soon™ analogy.
I will have more information for you when I have conducted an audit of the database and checked over remaining source code.

So the answer to my question depends on the audit result of the database and the source code.
The only reason I could imaging why you would like to wait for this result until you can make a clear statement that everyone is getting his bitcoins fully back is that you count on Bitcoins in the existing database.

I guess Bitscalper as a person is also still anonymous for you, right?

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 04:34:23 PM

uh. so who is going to verify that this wasn't a ponzi scheme?
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:34:44 AM

Good luck, MiningBuddy, I wish you it all turns out as you plan!

/subscribed

Ente
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:44:23 AM

Hope you'll be the next MtGox.  Smiley

carafleur

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:00:47 AM

Smiley

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true"
“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

Tesla N
Joric

Activity: 67
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:06:43 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2012, 12:10:28 AM by Joric
Merited by xandry (4)

Looks like the new management tries to use spyjax to get a browsing history of their clients.

Code:
http://bitscalper.com/p/:

Error 1146 : Table 'spyjax2.clicks' doesn't exist
SQL = [SELECT SUM(profits) as profits FROM clicks ]
Array ( [0] => Array ( [file] => /var/www/p/app/database.php [line] =>
19 [function] => db_report_error [args] => Array (
[0] => SELECT SUM(profits) as profits FROM clicks ) )
[1] => Array ( [file] => /var/www/p/index.php
[line] => 7 [function] => db_query [args] => Array (
[0] => SELECT SUM(profits) as profits FROM clicks ) ) )

http://bitscalper.com/p/app:

Error 1146 : Table 'spyjax2.spyuser' doesn't exist
SQL = [SELECT * FROM spyuser WHERE email = "" AND password = MD5("") ]
Array ( [0] => Array ( [file] => /var/www/p/app/database.php [line] => 19
[function] => db_report_error [args] => Array ( [0] => SELECT * FROM spyuser
WHERE email = "" AND password = MD5("") ) ) [1] => Array (
[file] => /var/www/p/app/index.php [line] => 16 [function] =>
db_query [args] => Array ( [0] => SELECT * FROM spyuser
WHERE email = "" AND password = MD5("") ) ) )

edit: fixed width

1JoricCBkW8C5m7QUZMwoRz9rBCM6ZSy96
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 11:39:13 PM

Looks like the new management tries to use spyjax to get a browsing history of their clients.
Hi, the site as of writing this is still located on the old server with a simple placeholder on the index page until I am ready to go live on my server. All other files apart from the /p/ directory have been removed, including removal of the database for transfer (The old server was insecure and had been compromised).
The site does not use spyjax code anywhere, for some reason the old owner simple decided to name the database table like that.

I will be conducting a full audit of the code and financials this weekend, I am just strapped for time at the moment as I was called back into work for some emergency cover work.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 11:40:38 PM

Hi, the site as of writing this is still located on the old server with a simple placeholder on the index page until I am ready to go live on my server. All other files apart from the /p/ directory have been removed, including removal of the database for transfer (The old server was insecure and had been compromised).
The site does not use spyjax code anywhere, for some reason the old owner simple decided to name the database table like that.

I will be conducting a full audit of the code and financials this weekend, I am just strapped for time at the moment as I was called back into work for some emergency cover work.

Cool when are you taking deposits and running the bot?

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 11:49:29 PM

As soon as possible, the database is in a complete mess so I have to rely a lot on the transaction history from the bitcoin wallet. Comparing withdraws/deposits/accounts is going to be painful given the amount of data to work with.
Then I need to go through each line of code on the site to verify it actually does what it's supposed to, then verify it is secure for public usage, making modifications as needed.

I will be running it in a test mode for a few days before anything goes public as I don't want this to go wrong.

I don't have an exact time scale to work to as I want to make sure this is done properly and I also have a full time job to attend to.

billington.mark

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 04:26:33 PM

As soon as possible, the database is in a complete mess so I have to rely a lot on the transaction history from the bitcoin wallet. Comparing withdraws/deposits/accounts is going to be painful given the amount of data to work with.
Then I need to go through each line of code on the site to verify it actually does what it's supposed to, then verify it is secure for public usage, making modifications as needed.

I will be running it in a test mode for a few days before anything goes public as I don't want this to go wrong.

I don't have an exact time scale to work to as I want to make sure this is done properly and I also have a full time job to attend to.

Hi MiningBuddy,

How did the audit go over the weekend?

Mark

BTC - 1MarkBCmVn3yp1SB9RZZ7VfqJzkpV8Hmdo
BitMessage - BM-GtZkeAbmKGs77FEoigm9TmsQBSfvMB3N
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 05:00:38 PM

Still working on the audit, lots of transactions to compare.

aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:36:06 PM

More than a month ago I sent some PM and emails to bitscalper about getting back my funds. Of course I got no reply.
After finding this announcement I sent some PM to MiningBuddy.  And it seems that MiningBuddy handles this case the very same as bitscalper - by simple not answering.
That behavior leads to a simple question: Is this announcement for real or is MiningBuddy and bitscalper the same person?
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:37:37 PM

More than a month ago I sent some PM and emails to bitscalper about getting back my funds. Of course I got no reply.
After finding this announcement I sent some PM to MiningBuddy.  And it seems that MiningBuddy handles this case the very same as bitscalper - by simple not answering.
That behavior leads to a simple question: Is this announcement for real or is MiningBuddy and bitscalper the same person?

Your post leads me to a simple question: Are you retarded or are you retarded?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: