Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:46:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Bitscalper under new management.  (Read 15500 times)
MiningBuddy (OP)

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 12:53:57 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2012, 11:21:13 PM by MiningBuddy

Please see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68862.msg891035#msg891035

Hello fellow bitcoiners, I have an announcement to make that will surely make at least some of you happy.

I have been in talks with the current bitscalper owner and we have came to an arrangement.
I will keep this brief and simple for the time being as things are moving very quickly and my attention is needed elsewhere.

I will be taking over bitscalper.com hosting/domain/website/source code, I.E Everything!

I cannot be held responsible for bitscalper's original owners actions or descisions but after in depth talks with him it is quite clear to me that he never intended to scam anyone or mistreat anyone in the ways portrayed recently, the project is/was too big for him and things have really got him down to the point where there are no options left apart from run. I understand things could/should have been handled different but he has tried his best to my knowledge, given the circumstances. Things could have gone a lot worse but hopefully I can intervene now and get things back on track. Lay off the original owner and give him some credit for trying to make amends, he could have simple just ran away silent.

With this I am also taking on the responsibility of returning customers missing funds.
This will be done as soon as is practically possible, I cannot give an accurate time frame and frankly I don't want any broken promises but rest assured I will be doing a full audit of the databases/bitcoind transactions and announcing a more solid approach to returning your funds when possible.

Plans are to return the site to its former working state after a full security audit has been made and necessary changes made to make the site secure, again I don't have an exact date but this is second on the list after sorting out refunds.

Please direct any questions about bitscalper's future to me in this thread, please keep it civil and on topic.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 12:54:37 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2012, 11:20:36 PM by MiningBuddy

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 12:57:52 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2012, 03:15:44 PM by MiningBuddy

Bitcoin daemon logs:

Bitcoind list accounts:
http://pastebin.com/x9yS8Fk9

Bitcoind listtransactions '*' 999999 | grep '"txid"' | uniq -c | sort -n:
http://pastebin.com/3heUAyVD

naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 01:12:13 PM

Reserved
only if it is open source...  Cheesy Cheesy

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
moocow1452

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:11:40 PM

So, I can get out of the haterade bunker now, right?
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:12:24 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2012, 08:25:35 AM by BTC-engineer

Hi MiningBuddy,

thanks for this update. Nice to see that someone else try to do it in the right way. It could only be made better.

Maybe it's only because I'm a non native English speaker, but I'm not so sure about the responsibility of the overtaken user bitcoins payout request.
Bitscalper clearly wrote he is out of the game and not responsible anymore.
You wrote you can't be held responsible for bitscalper's original owners actions and descisions.
You also wrote that you will taking on the responsibility of returning customers missing funds and you will pay them back as soon as it is *practically possible*.

So what will happen if bitscalper just took the users bitcoins or the bitcoins were stolen? Will you still feel responsible to fully pay back the users or is this then not *practically possible* anymore.

Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciated your decision to take over the business and I will support you, but I would like to get a clear picture about what will happen with the still missing pay-backs.

Good luck!

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:24:20 PM

Hi MiningBuddy,

thanks for this update. Nice to see that someone else try to do it in the right way. It could only be made better.

Maybe it's only because I'm a non native English speaker, but I'm not so sure about the responsibility of the overtaken user bitcoins payout request.
You wrote can't be held responsible for bitscalper's original owners actions and descisions.
You also wrote that you will taking on the responsibility of returning customers missing funds and you will pay them back as soon as is *practically possible*.

So what will happen if bitscalper just took the users bitcoins or the bitcoins were stolen? Will you still feel responsible to fully pay back the users or is this then not *practically possible* anymore.

Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciated your decision to take over the business and I will support you, but I would like to get a clear picture about what will happen with the still missing pay-backs.

Good luck!

Good honest question.
Things are moving fast I said in the announcement, I am still in the process of transferring the files and database etc for auditing.
My comment about practically possible is/was to cover me from the infamous Soon™ analogy.
I will have more information for you when I have conducted an audit of the database and checked over remaining source code.

BTC-engineer

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:43:30 PM

Hi MiningBuddy,

You wrote can't be held responsible for bitscalper's original owners actions and descisions.
You also wrote that you will taking on the responsibility of returning customers missing funds and you will pay them back as soon as is *practically possible*.

Good luck!

Good honest question.
Things are moving fast I said in the announcement, I am still in the process of transferring the files and database etc for auditing.
My comment about practically possible is/was to cover me from the infamous Soon™ analogy.
I will have more information for you when I have conducted an audit of the database and checked over remaining source code.

So the answer to my question depends on the audit result of the database and the source code.
The only reason I could imaging why you would like to wait for this result until you can make a clear statement that everyone is getting his bitcoins fully back is that you count on Bitcoins in the existing database.

I guess Bitscalper as a person is also still anonymous for you, right?

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 04:34:23 PM

uh. so who is going to verify that this wasn't a ponzi scheme?
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:34:44 AM

Good luck, MiningBuddy, I wish you it all turns out as you plan!

/subscribed

Ente
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:44:23 AM

Hope you'll be the next MtGox.  Smiley

carafleur

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:00:47 AM

Smiley

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true"
“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

Tesla N
Joric

Activity: 67
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:06:43 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2012, 12:10:28 AM by Joric
Merited by xandry (4)

Looks like the new management tries to use spyjax to get a browsing history of their clients.

Code:
http://bitscalper.com/p/:

Error 1146 : Table 'spyjax2.clicks' doesn't exist
SQL = [SELECT SUM(profits) as profits FROM clicks ]
Array ( [0] => Array ( [file] => /var/www/p/app/database.php [line] =>
19 [function] => db_report_error [args] => Array (
[0] => SELECT SUM(profits) as profits FROM clicks ) )
[1] => Array ( [file] => /var/www/p/index.php
[line] => 7 [function] => db_query [args] => Array (
[0] => SELECT SUM(profits) as profits FROM clicks ) ) )

http://bitscalper.com/p/app:

Error 1146 : Table 'spyjax2.spyuser' doesn't exist
SQL = [SELECT * FROM spyuser WHERE email = "" AND password = MD5("") ]
Array ( [0] => Array ( [file] => /var/www/p/app/database.php [line] => 19
[function] => db_report_error [args] => Array ( [0] => SELECT * FROM spyuser
WHERE email = "" AND password = MD5("") ) ) [1] => Array (
[file] => /var/www/p/app/index.php [line] => 16 [function] =>
db_query [args] => Array ( [0] => SELECT * FROM spyuser
WHERE email = "" AND password = MD5("") ) ) )

edit: fixed width

1JoricCBkW8C5m7QUZMwoRz9rBCM6ZSy96
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 11:39:13 PM

Looks like the new management tries to use spyjax to get a browsing history of their clients.
Hi, the site as of writing this is still located on the old server with a simple placeholder on the index page until I am ready to go live on my server. All other files apart from the /p/ directory have been removed, including removal of the database for transfer (The old server was insecure and had been compromised).
The site does not use spyjax code anywhere, for some reason the old owner simple decided to name the database table like that.

I will be conducting a full audit of the code and financials this weekend, I am just strapped for time at the moment as I was called back into work for some emergency cover work.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 11:40:38 PM

Hi, the site as of writing this is still located on the old server with a simple placeholder on the index page until I am ready to go live on my server. All other files apart from the /p/ directory have been removed, including removal of the database for transfer (The old server was insecure and had been compromised).
The site does not use spyjax code anywhere, for some reason the old owner simple decided to name the database table like that.

I will be conducting a full audit of the code and financials this weekend, I am just strapped for time at the moment as I was called back into work for some emergency cover work.

Cool when are you taking deposits and running the bot?

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 11:49:29 PM

As soon as possible, the database is in a complete mess so I have to rely a lot on the transaction history from the bitcoin wallet. Comparing withdraws/deposits/accounts is going to be painful given the amount of data to work with.
Then I need to go through each line of code on the site to verify it actually does what it's supposed to, then verify it is secure for public usage, making modifications as needed.

I will be running it in a test mode for a few days before anything goes public as I don't want this to go wrong.

I don't have an exact time scale to work to as I want to make sure this is done properly and I also have a full time job to attend to.

billington.mark

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 04:26:33 PM

As soon as possible, the database is in a complete mess so I have to rely a lot on the transaction history from the bitcoin wallet. Comparing withdraws/deposits/accounts is going to be painful given the amount of data to work with.
Then I need to go through each line of code on the site to verify it actually does what it's supposed to, then verify it is secure for public usage, making modifications as needed.

I will be running it in a test mode for a few days before anything goes public as I don't want this to go wrong.

I don't have an exact time scale to work to as I want to make sure this is done properly and I also have a full time job to attend to.

Hi MiningBuddy,

How did the audit go over the weekend?

Mark

BTC - 1MarkBCmVn3yp1SB9RZZ7VfqJzkpV8Hmdo
BitMessage - BM-GtZkeAbmKGs77FEoigm9TmsQBSfvMB3N
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 05:00:38 PM

Still working on the audit, lots of transactions to compare.

aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:36:06 PM

More than a month ago I sent some PM and emails to bitscalper about getting back my funds. Of course I got no reply.
After finding this announcement I sent some PM to MiningBuddy.  And it seems that MiningBuddy handles this case the very same as bitscalper - by simple not answering.
That behavior leads to a simple question: Is this announcement for real or is MiningBuddy and bitscalper the same person?
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:37:37 PM

More than a month ago I sent some PM and emails to bitscalper about getting back my funds. Of course I got no reply.
After finding this announcement I sent some PM to MiningBuddy.  And it seems that MiningBuddy handles this case the very same as bitscalper - by simple not answering.
That behavior leads to a simple question: Is this announcement for real or is MiningBuddy and bitscalper the same person?

Your post leads me to a simple question: Are you retarded or are you retarded?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:43:15 PM

Your post leads me to a simple question: Are you retarded or are you really retarded?

FTFY
aq

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:57:18 PM

I myself lost only a marginal test amount. Actually I wasted more on bitlotto Wink
I write here, to let others know. See, MiningBuddy make it looking like everything will be resolved, but I highly doubt this.
Still, will I try to get it back? Of course.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:00:27 PM

I myself lost only a marginal test amount. Actually I wasted more on bitlotto Wink
I write here, to let others know. See, MiningBuddy make it looking like everything will be resolved, but I highly doubt this.
Still, will I try to get it back? Of course.

He has already stated that he will start the refunds after he has completed the audit and so.
wigglyuk

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 06:37:48 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2012, 06:54:27 AM by wigglyuk

After finding this announcement I sent some PM to MiningBuddy.  And it seems that MiningBuddy handles this case the very same as bitscalper - by simple not answering.

This whole bitscalper thing seems to be a bit fishy. I'm inclined to believe that there are a bunch of scammers on the inside,strung together, who run multiple websites (as well as profiles on BTCtalk) and the scammers themselves choose to reveal a few of themselves as XXXscammersX so that the other scammers on bitcointalk would seem to have more credibility, then these scammers post calling people "retards or retarded" when those people make the claim of plausible scammers being actual scammers.  Shocked while writing this I had an epiphany...

Are we not all being scammed by satoshi? wait nevermind, i'm just retarded Tongue

EDIT: pronoun clarity

List of Active Altcoin Giveaways and Altcoin Faucets | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322446.0
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 10:21:53 AM

I personally don't believe it is that complicated and sinister, but I like your thinking!

Ente
moocow1452

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 02:37:22 PM

Never mistake stupidity for malice, even if the end result is interchangeable.

Bitscalper says he got in over his head day trading, and I'm inclined to believe him. Whether or not he's genuine about losing data and coinage or just pushing back a deadline is a bit shady, but it's water under the bridge at this point, and he had the chance to cut and run when he did.
billington.mark

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 05:18:14 PM

I asked a question and he answered without sounding like an utter moron... So he's already +1 on bitscalper in my eyes.

Philj

Activity: 388

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 05:08:42 PM

any update on this?
BTC-engineer

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 12:08:26 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2012, 05:04:09 PM by BTC-engineer

MiningBuddy, I really like the way you handle the situation, because it looks like you are working on fixing the issues with the old system instead of wasting too much time in the forum.

On the other side there are bitscalper users like myself, who would like to have an update regarding their Bitcoins.
One of your last statements regarding paybacks of user bitcoins was that you first want to audit the database before promising anything.
This sounded critical to me, because maybe you count on finding Bitcoins in the database to be able to pay back to the users/owners...

I'm sure you understand that users would like to know if they will get their bitcoins back. I personally also think that this is the required base for further business.
Your last post stated that you are still doing the audit, and this is fine.

However, after >10 days of having all bitscalper data, is there any other kind of information at this point in time, which you can provide us?
A short progress report would be very nice.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 10:13:58 PM

Ah, it is so cute to watch the naifs being led to the abattoir.

Have fun waiting for the next weekend and the next weekend and the next one after that... This ends up one of two ways- either all the folks waiting lose their money, or MiningBuddy loses his in taking over this abortion. All the audit can show is just how deeply he was raped by bitscalper.
hoo

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 09:23:30 PM

looking forward to an update.

@MiningBuddy, did you buy the debt from bitscalper or just the business?

bitcoin, 2nd most popular currency used by criminals.
The probability that you too are a criminal, is very high.
bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 08:41:21 AM

Well i fear my 87 bitcoins invested are gone, no updates nor answers on emails
Wigglyuk might be right bitcoin attracks alot of shady people as the many ddos/hack attacks shows.
In many ways people are trying to get you to send them your money and never send what you paid for, which is what happens alot with bitcoins too.

BTC-engineer

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 06:02:11 PM

@MiningBuddy: You had now already 3 weekends to look on what you got from the old bitscalper.com owner. Your last post is 2 weeks old.  You should now already have a little bit more information then on the day you took over bitscalper.com. Information which is also important for the users who trusted bitscalper.com their money. So PLEASE give us a short progress report, even if you are still not finished with your audit.

Thanks

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 03:06:29 PM

Hi guys, I am very sorry for the lack of public updates I have provided recently due being pulled back into my full time job numerous times for extra cover work it has left me with very little time to get anything practical done.

I haven't completed the financial audit as of yet but I can guesstimate around 1000btc that requires paying back, I am fairly confident an accurate list can be compiled from the bitcoind transaction log as it lists deposits/withdraws by account which matches information in the database. The wallet file itself it totally empty, (well, apart from 0.25 btc) there is no way to recover the lost bitcoins through the client itself as they have already been sent away to the hacker.

The code for the sites backend/frontend is a complete mess and I am surprised the site functioned as long as it did before major security issues were exploited. It is simply not secure.
There is no automated financial auditing system in place so every day the admin is required to manually run numbers from trading profit/transaction history and update total profits/distribute earnings. Again, I don't know how this worked for the few months the site was live as doing such a task manually every day is a nightmare.

The backend trading system is also rather messy, there is no automated order confirmation checking so you very often see duplicate orders being processed which eat into your profits, I have been running simulations for the past week with the system and I am impressed with the theoretical numbers but the way this thing is coded currently on a live market it looses more then it earns due to inefficiencies and poor error handling.

The domain transfer request has failed 2(or 3?) times now due to the original owner not replying to the email confirmation (I have spoken to him about it but he assures me he is checking the correct email address)

Oh and on top of all of that the source code was shared with some other members, one of which is now listed on GLBSE (I'm not one for throwing accusations and I don't know how much, if at all any of the code was used in the final project)

I haven't spoken to the owner for a good couple of days now so I'm not sure if he's busy with other things, or vanished again.

I'm feeling pretty shitty about all of it to be honest.

Plan of action for me now?
Work out whether or not its worth my time/money/effort to get the code fixed up or rewritten. Or throw in the towel and forget it.

Anyway, I don't really have anything positive to say at the moment so I am just going to leave this post where it is and think things over.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 03:09:18 PM

Well when/if you start the bot I'll be making a deposit and the longer it runs well the more and more I'm willing to deposit more and more.

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 03:17:08 PM

Well when/if you start the bot I'll be making a deposit and the longer it runs well the more and more I'm willing to deposit more and more.
I understand and I have a few close friends willing to deposit figures in the 5 digit range themselves, but quite simply I would not trust the current code myself at this point, there are currently far too many points of failure that would make you loose money.

I will be talking to some friends tonight who are competent coders to see what my best option would be.

We did not use any of that code and I think you understand why.
Understood, as I said, I'm not one for accusations and I feel a bit shitty even mentioning it so please don't take offence.

BTC-engineer

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 04:43:46 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2012, 05:59:18 PM by BTC-engineer

I haven't completed the financial audit as of yet but I can guesstimate around 1000btc that requires paying back, I am fairly confident an accurate list can be compiled from the bitcoind transaction log as it lists deposits/withdraws by account which matches information in the database. The wallet file itself it totally empty, (well, apart from 0.25 btc) there is no way to recover the lost bitcoins through the client itself as they have already been sent away to the hacker.

Hi MiningBuddy,

thank you very much for your update, even if it's not good news.
I don't want to interrupt you with your still not finished audit, but one important thing seems to be already clear. The old owner didn't transferred you ANY Bitcoins from his users. So is it really still important for you to finish the audit first before saying something about if and when the users will get their money back? For me it seems like this answer is not related to the result of the audit anymore, or is it?

The old owner wrote that with this deal he is not responsible anymore because everything was sold to you. And you announced that one of the top prior things on your list is to pay out the users.
I don't know the deal you have done with the old bitscalp.er.com owner in detail. But it sounds like you have not only got the rights but also the duties from the old owner.

I could understand your frustration if you payed the old owner money for this transfer and you are now in a situation where you have to exercise your duties without finding ANY left Bitcoins in his database and the code/system you got is in a terribly, unusable condition. Don't you feel duped? May I asked you how much you payed him?

Again my question from before: Do you know the identity of the old bitscalper owner?

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
hoo

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2012, 06:14:20 AM

i would like to have my btc back.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 08:11:09 PM

Hilarious- from the clown who supported bitscalper and insisted that everyone was just a hater.

Hey Dude? Your btc are gone, long gone. Off into a scammer's pocket to spend on hookers and cocaine, and you aren't getting anything back.
hoo

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 02:07:42 AM

ROTFL - You never give up do you hoo.

someone will give me my money back, even if I have to go hunting for a voodoo man to make several someones shit their teeth out.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 02:11:15 AM

I see hoo you did there.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 03:48:15 AM

ROTFL - You never give up do you hoo.

someone will give me my money back, even if I have to go hunting for a voodoo man to make several someones shit their teeth out.

Well, hoo, p'raps it's time for hoo to do the voodoo that you do.
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 07:27:32 AM

The voodoo, hoo do what you don't dare do people!

Liam Howlett
billington.mark

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 09:23:48 AM

Any update on this? Its been a month now, was hoping to at least see a new message on the website by now!

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 09:28:50 AM

I don't have control of the domain name, I am still trying to sort everything out.
The project is as good as paused at the moment.

billington.mark

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 10:58:18 AM

you dont have access to the original website\database or dont have the ability to move the domain to a new host?

if its the latter, why not just "rebrand" and give it a new name? then just put a redirect on the original site to point to the new domain?

moocow1452

Don't mind me.

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 02:57:51 PM

I don't have control of the domain name, I am still trying to sort everything out.
The project is as good as paused at the moment.

Thanks again for handling this toxic cleanup. Probably need it with all the crap flying your way over this.  Embarrassed
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 02:32:20 AM

Bitscalper is at it again.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77195.0

moocow1452

Don't mind me.

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

Should we really give him the scammer tag? That would imply that he could actually pull off a scam while intending to do so.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 04:04:44 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2012, 04:42:25 AM by Matthew N. Wright

Should we really give him the scammer tag? That would imply that he could actually pull off a scam while intending to do so.

I think we've had this discussion before with theymos across multiple threads.

Terrytibbs got the scammer tag because he sold something that ended up being stolen or something and he claims he wasn't aware and did not take responsibility. Assuming he wasn't aware, does he deserve a scammer tag? And if he is really a scammer, why does paying back later allow the removal of the tag?

I got the scammer tag when a douchebag gave my highres artwork source files to the community and instructed them to abuse it simply because he didn't want to communicate with me about a payment not coming on time and I told him I wouldn't pay him. Does that mean I am a scammer? Does it mean I'm not a scammer just because theymos removed the tag when I sent him payment later?

Bitscalper ran an anonymous and opaque website with lax security that was abused numerous times at a loss of his clients and was never paid back to this day. Whether or not he's a scammer is not really the question-- whether he's competent to be trusted in any business is the real question, and I think although a real scammer tag might come in handy, we need a tag for "incompetent" as well. I am sure I would have earned it by now, but just the same.

moocow1452

Don't mind me.

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 04:31:09 AM

Was kinda being facetious, but your point still stands.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 04:51:27 AM

Sounds like MiningBuddy got a bad deal.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 05:13:41 AM

Seconded.

R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 06:40:44 AM

Thirds.
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 10:30:42 AM

[..] we need a tag for "incompetent" as well.

That is a good idea, actually!
..And this tag would obviously stick a lot longer to someone.

Ente
hoo

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 09:51:51 PM

Huh Still fucking waiting.  Angry

LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 10:29:23 PM

Hey hoo!

Go look in the mirror, right now, do it.

Then come back here.

Okay, done?

That guy you saw in the mirror? That was the guy who got scammed. Stop whining about it, you were the one who stuck up for the assholes involved in this rip-off, you embraced them and called the rest of us foolish, when we were telling you from the first word that you were being scammed.

Guess what? You were scammed. Deal with it.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 12:14:52 AM

Huh Still fucking waiting.  Angry

Bitscalper started a ponzi scheme. I called him out publicly after mounds of evidence. Then he makes a shitty arbitrage bot after the fact to try and save his skin.

If you're waiting on your money, you're wasting your time.

If you're waiting on this community to stop supporting scammers, you're wasting your time.

If you're waiting on Bitscalper to be an honest, transparent indiviudal, you're wasting your time.

So what are you waiting on anyway?

hoo

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 03:49:46 AM

can not honestly care at all what those 2 pieces of trash wrote between my last message.

@MiningBuddy, in one week I am going to auction off my peice of your debt to the highest bidder.
you have been given enough time to sort this out, today it has been one and a half months.
I'm cashing out of bitcoin and leaving all of you to rot in your own ill-begotten filth.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 06:02:50 AM

can not honestly care at all what those 2 pieces of trash wrote between my last message.

@MiningBuddy, in one week I am going to auction off my peice of your debt to the highest bidder.
you have been given enough time to sort this out, today it has been one and a half months.
I'm cashing out of bitcoin and leaving all of you to rot in your own ill-begotten filth.

A fool and his money...

pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 07:58:29 AM

i think it is time for legal steps, lawyers and courts  Angry

it should pay someone...

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

it should pay someone...
Good luck trying to find him.

I am not sure what to do, gather all the source I have and upload to Github, make public the bitcoind transaction log (though it shows email address's) and walk away from this sour lemon?
In bitscalpers defence, I did receive messages from him via Skype which I did not reply to due to me working every minute I have free on another project. Plus, I didn't really know what to say when he asked me to re open the site using his new code, put my name on the front of it and he runs it and keeps a percentage of the profit.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:24:30 PM

I think he is in Italy.

Not Nigeria?
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:32:38 PM

Might just as well be, I had a confirmation on an ip used to last login on one of the original servers that it was from Italy, but that is about it. I didn't and still don't want to try and play internet detective, I have other things to sort out and this is also ~1000btc

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:38:18 PM

Might just as well be, I had a confirmation on an ip used to last login on one of the original servers that it was from Italy, but that is about it. I didn't and still don't want to try and play internet detective, I have other things to sort out and this is also ~1000btc

We all know now (and have confirmed) that bitscalper originally intended to run a ponzi scheme, and all the 'delays' were due to the time it took to write a half-assed bot to cover his own ass after the fact.

My intuition was correct about him and my fears were justified. Anyone who invests in anonymous services is a moron and deserves to be scammed. No sympathy at all for the clowns like hoo who cannot wait to part with their money as quickly as possible.

Since CoinExchanger and BitScalper are both ruined, I'd like to see the community start to actually represent themselves in a more professional manner and stop getting us into magazine articles about drugs and anonymous scammy activity. Thanks.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 05:23:04 PM

it should pay someone...
Good luck trying to find him.

I am not sure what to do, gather all the source I have and upload to Github, make public the bitcoind transaction log (though it shows email address's) and walk away from this sour lemon?
In bitscalpers defence, I did receive messages from him via Skype which I did not reply to due to me working every minute I have free on another project. Plus, I didn't really know what to say when he asked me to re open the site using his new code, put my name on the front of it and he runs it and keeps a percentage of the profit.

Emphasis added.

Perhaps what could have told him is to take a very long walk off a very short pier. You chose to nobly bail out a scammer by assuming his corrupted and unbelievably screwed up criminal enterprise. I assume you are a big boy, and made that decision with proper due diligence and forethought. Too bad, bitscalper turned out to be exactly what a lot of intelligent folks thought it was- the kind of honey pot that sucks in the foolish and naive and steals their funds.

You might have looked at the proposition that you re-open the site using his code as a very clear cut attempt for a criminal to recruit you to be his shill and to front for his criminal activity. You could have told him to stuff himself when he asked for a piece of the action! What action, what profits? He managed to rip off a bunch of folks, and actually had the balls to ask you, his knight in shining armor to put your name on the turd, AND send him a cut?

Just admit that this was a irreparably broken scam, you tried to bail the guy out because he sold you a good line of bullshit, but short of you ponying up the funds to make everyone who lost on this disaster whole, there is no way to put enough lipstick on this pig to make it pretty. The sooner these poor naifs realize that their retirement plan is long gone with that piece of shit bitscalper, the better for all, especially our community. The bad guys won this round, sucks to be us, especially sucks to be you, and played for a fool by this asshole, but seriously, put a stake in this blood-sucking vampire, it's done.
hoo

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 07:33:38 PM

or play little budding internet entreprenuer who owes ~1000btc,
to a bunch of different people, all over the world.

is the joke on me or has this community become a festival of thieves?

Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 08:04:26 PM

hoo:

Well.. tbh - we all knew that Bitscalper was a scam and there had been multiple "rounds" been played. If you were happy enough to "win" most of the rounds in the beginning you were not automatically entitled to win every round of that ponzi game. Just understand that you, as many others, just lost that game and thats it. Noone except the real bitscalper owes you anything..
stochastic

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:31:00 AM

or play little budding internet entreprenuer who owes ~1000btc,
to a bunch of different people, all over the world.

is the joke on me or has this community become a festival of thieves?

Maybe a festival of suckers is more accurate.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
hoo

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 05:45:06 AM

hoo:

Well.. tbh - we all knew that Bitscalper was a scam and there had been multiple "rounds" been played. If you were happy enough to "win" most of the rounds in the beginning you were not automatically entitled to win every round of that ponzi game. Just understand that you, as many others, just lost that game and thats it. Noone except the real bitscalper owes you anything..

Roll Eyes
Miningbuddy took over the operation.
Therefore MiningBuddy owes ~1000BTC

Hello fellow bitcoiners, I have an announcement to make that will surely make at least some of you happy.

I have been in talks with the current bitscalper owner and we have came to an arrangement.
I will keep this brief and simple for the time being as things are moving very quickly and my attention is needed elsewhere.

I will be taking over bitscalper.com hosting/domain/website/source code, I.E Everything!

I cannot be held responsible for bitscalper's original owners actions or descisions but after in depth talks with him it is quite clear to me that he never intended to scam anyone or mistreat anyone in the ways portrayed recently, the project is/was too big for him and things have really got him down to the point where there are no options left apart from run. I understand things could/should have been handled different but he has tried his best to my knowledge, given the circumstances. Things could have gone a lot worse but hopefully I can intervene now and get things back on track. Lay off the original owner and give him some credit for trying to make amends, he could have simple just ran away silent.

With this I am also taking on the responsibility of returning customers missing funds.
This will be done as soon as is practically possible, I cannot give an accurate time frame and frankly I don't want any broken promises but rest assured I will be doing a full audit of the databases/bitcoind transactions and announcing a more solid approach to returning your funds when possible.

Plans are to return the site to its former working state after a full security audit has been made and necessary changes made to make the site secure, again I don't have an exact date but this is second on the list after sorting out refunds.

Please direct any questions about bitscalper's future to me in this thread, please keep it civil and on topic.

Therefore, eventually MiningBuddy instead of wearing the staff tag, he is going to be wearing a scammer tag.

Nachtwind

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 05:47:49 AM

I think he had written that before he could fully understand the scope of that scam... you could blame him for naivity but not for your mistakes.
hoo

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 05:57:31 AM

I think he had written that before he could fully understand the scope of that scam... you could blame him for naivity but not for your mistakes.

My business is being paid back, and what you wrote is simply none of yours or my business.
You simply have no grounds to stand on, so your purpose here and statements are totally fucking void.
As far as I am concerned you are fucking Noise.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 06:00:48 AM

My business is being paid back, and what you wrote is simply none of yours or my business.
You simply have no grounds to stand on, so your purpose here and statements are totally fucking void.

This is awesome. I'd love to meet you in real life. I've never seen a real monster before.

Nachtwind

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 06:06:10 AM

Getting thin skinned?

I just made my point - sorry for doing so in an open discussion. All i say is that everyone knew that Bitscalper was a scam and most of us participated. Some were fast enough withdrawing, others were left behind. When you were a kid? Did you play with dogs the good old game where you tease a dog till he tries to bite you? Some kids are really good at it, others are so slow they get bitten.. Would you now say the dog's holder is the one to blame?
Sorry, but bitscalper had a unique record of claims and so called technical problems that everyone who was intelligent enough jumped off it early enough. If you believed until the bitter end that you were going to be the one who gains from it then its your own fault.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 08:46:03 PM

This is awesome. I'd love to meet you in real life. I've never seen a real monster before.

hoo is my hero !

I think he is right in this case, though. Maybe start up the scalpin so you can pay the people back with legit profits this time ?
moocow1452

Don't mind me.

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 04:42:06 AM

So once we get all the pissing out of the way, it's safe to say that it is not a guarantee that anyone is getting BTC back despite MiningBuddy's best efforts? I'm kinda bummed, but it was sunk cost anyway, and I can still eat food with or without the BTC I put into it. Good on you MiningBuddy for stepping up to the plate and trying to help calm this shitstorm, cause even if everyone else on this board wants your head on a pike now, you're still the one who tried to put this back together, and that's more than anyone else on the board can say.
Nachtwind

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:23:15 AM

So once we get all the pissing out of the way, it's safe to say that it is not a guarantee that anyone is getting BTC back despite MiningBuddy's best efforts? I'm kinda bummed, but it was sunk cost anyway, and I can still eat food with or without the BTC I put into it. Good on you MiningBuddy for stepping up to the plate and trying to help calm this shitstorm, cause even if everyone else on this board wants your head on a pike now, you're still the one who tried to put this back together, and that's more than anyone else on the board can say.

good post.
hoo

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 03:29:04 AM

Nachtwind, I'll agree with you only if you agree that when you get cancer, it's going to be your own fault.
Just as when bitcoin reports it's first series of murders, it will be derived by the cancerous speaking portion of this so called facade of a community to be their fault for indeed getting murdered.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 04:18:17 AM

Nachtwind, I'll agree with you only if you agree that when you get cancer, it's going to be your own fault.
Just as when bitcoin reports it's first series of murders, it will be derived by the cancerous speaking portion of this so called facade of a community to be their fault for indeed getting murdered.

Apples and oranges.

You got suckered by Bitscalper and lost, despite everyone (including myself) warning you to stop.

Your arrogance kept you pushing on like a fucking retarded child.

You got burned horribly bad and desperate to reclaim some of your losses, you hopped on the bandwagon when MiningBuddy said he would try to take over the arbitrage site.

IF MiningBuddy takes responsibility for all of Bitscalper's debt (which is fucking retarded and I don't know what he's thinking), then I will stand right beside you when MiningBuddy doesn't pay. IF MiningBuddy is just taking over the site to try to make money back, then you still only have two people to blame---

1) Yourself for being so goddamn gullible
2) Bitscalper for being the garbage he is

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2012, 08:24:07 AM

Hoo, I have a serious question for you. How many btc did you actually lose?

Does the premise of purchasing debt interest you?
If not, then clearly none of this is any of your business.

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2012, 08:37:20 AM

@Matthew N. Wright, this is your only warning, if you continue negging me.
I will put resolute force behind my words,
and with this and only this, will you ever be told.

Nachtwind

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 09:03:27 AM

I think you aim at the wrong person.. isnt bitscalper the one who scammed you?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 12:06:04 PM

I admit I had to look up what "negging" meant.

"Low-grade insults meant to undermine the self-confidence of a woman so she might be more vulnerable to your advances."

Matthew might be provoking you a bit but I'm pretty sure he is not hitting on you.

So, hoo is a ho?  Shocked
moocow1452

Don't mind me.

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 03:19:55 PM

"Low-grade insults meant to undermine the self-confidence of a woman so she might be more vulnerable to your advances."

Matthew might be provoking you a bit but I'm pretty sure he is not hitting on you.

We don't really know that for sure, and don't we all want love at the end of the day?

Though the finger pointing is kinda getting old.
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:20:23 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2012, 10:45:33 PM by MiningBuddy

Ok guys, It's official, I walk away. I was a fucking moron for even getting involved with this at all what so ever, a lot of told you so moments have been had and I don't expect them to stop, they are deserved.
I won't be repaying the ~1000btc owed by bitscalper as I genuinely feel what I received was miss sold and not as advertised or agreed.

For what it's worth, would you guys like me to publish the source code on github and also publish the transaction log from bitcoind? (Though it will contain email address's of some ~700 users)

I am very sorry and I am ashamed of myself.

Bitcoind logs uploaded here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68862.msg893249#msg893249

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

Ok guys, It's official, I walk away. I was a fucking moron for even getting involved with this at all what so ever, a lot of told you so moments have been had and I don't expect them to stop, they are deserved.
I won't be repaying the ~1000btc owed by bitscalper as I genuinely feel what I received was miss sold and not as advertised or agreed.

For what it's worth, would you guys like me to publish the source code on github and also publish the transaction log from bitcoind? (Though it will contain email address's of some ~700 users)

Holy shit, 700+ users from a few weeks of operation? People are fucking gullible.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:28:17 PM

Holy shit, 700+ users from a few weeks of operation? People are fucking gullible.
Luckily most people had the common sense to only gamble what they could afford to loose should the site not be legit, unfortunately there were a few accounts with three digit figures in there  Undecided

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:28:33 PM

Obfuscate the emails. Take everything after the @. A simple regex should do it. That should be enough for users to recognize them.

But yeah, publish the damn thing Tongue
lunchb0x

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:51:56 PM

Luckily most people had the common sense to only gamble what they could afford to loose should the site not be legit, unfortunately there were a few accounts with three digit figures in there  Undecided

Yea, I put one bitcoin into it speculatively, but after looking into it a bit more it seemed really sketchy and I pulled out so I only ended up only loosing a few cents. I guess my paranoia served me well this time.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 12:47:13 AM

Yea, I put one bitcoin into it speculatively, but after looking into it a bit more it seemed really sketchy and I pulled out so I only ended up only loosing a few cents. I guess my paranoia served me well this time.

It's not paranoia when you're right Wink
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 04:35:51 AM

Well my first thought is if you publish this very bad code, 5 others will take it and then change it a bit and we will do this all over again.  

The code is really bad and it will just end in disaster if they try to use it again.

Just my 2 cents

Agreed. The reason it is really bad is that BitScalper hastily wrote it after he was caught running a ponzi.

Nachtwind

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:12:14 AM

Thank you for that final word on this story.
I wouldnt recommend publishing the user list - or at least the email addresses - as well as the code. With that code arround a lot more bitscalper clones will open up in new time.. but how about selling the code? Wink
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:18:01 AM

Thank you for that final word on this story.
I wouldnt recommend publishing the user list - or at least the email addresses - as well as the code. With that code arround a lot more bitscalper clones will open up in new time.. but how about selling the code? Wink

BitScalper already tried selling the code. I'd say MiningBuddy should just cut his losses and bow out of this gracefully (like he just did). BitScalper is still the scumbag we want and there are those of us who know exactly how to find him. It's only a matter of time.

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 01:54:54 PM

I won't be selling the code, at all.
I don't think you need me to explain why, but I couldn't live with myself doing something like that.

teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 01:56:04 PM

post the code.
Nachtwind

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 01:56:32 PM

That was more of a joke. But it's nice that you at least tried to clear up the mess.

I guess i wont see my 3BTC again Sad Damnit.. that is one Meal at BurgerKing less this month *shakes sadly head*
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 02:15:51 PM

post the code.

do you want the code? i do not mind trusted members having it, but i don't think it should be public.
Afraid of competition?  Tongue

teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 02:17:14 PM

post the code.

do you want the code? i do not mind trusted members having it, but i don't think it should be public.

i'd like to see it.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 02:20:12 PM

post the code.

I guess anyone who try to use this publicly won't get any customers.
But it would be nice if it was published and people used it privately.
It would bring balance to the markets Wink
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 03:18:02 PM

okay fine publish it. free market and all that.

lol

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 03:26:18 PM

When staff here thinks I don't want it out cuz it might compete with me then lulz fine post it. It's on his back.

We will see if he really has the balls to post it and the ability to deal with the repercussions.

Honestly I doubt he will post it, but I will take away my protest so that he can clear himself of his shame and ignorance by posting code he did not write.

Peace

Umm.

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 03:29:11 PM

It's not because of the competition, it's because the code is shamefully horrible and might be used by clone startups to scam more users.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 03:39:42 PM

It's not because of the competition, it's because the code is shamefully horrible and might be used by clone startups to scam more users.

Why would it scam users?

BitScalper wasn't a scam because it had a bad arbitrage bot. It was a scam because it had no arbitrage bot.

He had someone put that together for him after he got caught running a ponzi.

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 04:20:36 PM

When staff here thinks I don't want it out cuz it might compete with me then lulz fine post it. It's on his back.

We will see if he really has the balls to post it and the ability to deal with the repercussions.

Honestly I doubt he will post it, but I will take away my protest so that he can clear himself of his shame and ignorance by posting code he did not write.

Peace
I made the comment about competition in jest, hence the smiley, though I guess it didn't come across as intended so apologies if offence was caused.

I am thinking things over in regards to releasing the code and I would like to collect more opinions before making any decision though at the moment I can't see any positive effect releasing the code could have on the community. There is a huge barrier to entry with bots like this so chances of actually seeing a legit version out in the wild is very slim.

pazor
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 08:15:24 PM

everything is lost ? no hope ?

Huh

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 08:22:13 PM

Have the address(es) where the stolen coins were withdrawn to been published? I don't recall seeing anything. Presumably there was a single 1k+ transaction to the cracker's address.

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:05:32 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2012, 10:45:02 PM by MiningBuddy

everything is lost ? no hope ?
Yes and yes.

Have the address(es) where the stolen coins were withdrawn to been published? I don't recall seeing anything. Presumably there was a single 1k+ transaction to the cracker's address.
Not yet, I'm working my way through the logs at the moment but I am running out of time before I have to leave and regex isn't my strong point. I will probably have a list uploaded soon though all the email addresses will just be simply removed until I have chance to look more into an expression that allows me to remove the text after the @ symbol, its getting late here and I have to be up early. - logs uploaded https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68862.msg893249#msg893249

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:22:49 PM

lrn2regex

Code:
(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:(?:(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t] )+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?: \r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:( ?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\0 31]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\ ](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+ (?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*|(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z |(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n) ?[ \t])*)*\<(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:@(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\ r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n) ?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t] )*))*(?:,@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])* )(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t] )+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*) *:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)?(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+ |\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r \n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?: \r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t ]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031 ]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\]( ?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(? :(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(? :\r\n)?[ \t])*))*\>(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)|(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(? :(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)? [ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)*:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:(?:(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]| \\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<> @,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|" (?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t] )*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\ ".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(? :[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[ \]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*|(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000- \031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|( ?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)*\<(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:@(?:[^()<>@,; :\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([ ^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\" .\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\ ]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*(?:,@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\ [\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\ r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\] |\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*)*:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)?(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \0 00-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\ .|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@, ;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(? :[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])* (?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\". \[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[ ^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\] ]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*\>(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:,\s*( ?:(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\ ".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:( ?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[ \["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t ])*))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t ])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(? :\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+| \Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*|(?: [^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\ ]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)*\<(?:(?:\r\n) ?[ \t])*(?:@(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\[" ()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n) ?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<> @,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*(?:,@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@, ;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t] )*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\ ".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*)*:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)? (?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\". \[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?: \r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\[ "()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]) *))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]) +|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\ .(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z |(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*\>(?:( ?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*)?;\s*)
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:44:30 PM

Bitcoind list accounts:
http://pastebin.com/x9yS8Fk9

Bitcoind listtransactions '*' 999999 | grep '"txid"' | uniq -c | sort -n:
http://pastebin.com/3heUAyVD

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 11:21:23 AM

miningBuddy, You had better hope no one finds your real name,
sorry doesn't cut it you piece of shit.

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 11:29:09 AM

miningBuddy, You had better hope no one finds your real name.
And why would that be? I am not anon so finding my details is quite trivial.

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 11:32:15 AM

miningBuddy, You had better hope no one finds your real name.
And why would that be? I am not anon so finding my details is quite trivial.

you give away the userlist, and expect, to not be put on the list of people who deserve to have every bone in their body broken in 2?

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 11:47:35 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81454.0

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 11:48:57 AM

Hey, I know there's a "scammer" tag, but is there a "raging insane nutcase tag"?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 11:55:33 AM

Oh no. I couldn't do that, Goat. I'd never get around to eating any popcorn if I did.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 12:05:16 PM

Oh no. I couldn't do that, Goat. I'd never get around to eating any popcorn if I did.

I used to have that policy:)

I wonder thought how many BTC hoo had with him. Think is was over 5?

I can't imaging he'd be this upset for anything under say 50 btc. Then again I have a poor imagination. How much was it, hoo? Sorry if you've already mentioned it, but I just don't feel like wading through your venom atm.

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 02:54:38 PM

Please tell me each of you had active accounts on bitcoinica.
after this message both of you are getting ignored.
go suck each other off, homos.

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 03:06:08 PM

700 btc for me in bitcoinica Smiley    Not really sure how that is related.

unignored.
I take back the homo comment to you, the other guy will just have to break his neck now.

I must say today is becoming a good day.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 03:15:43 PM

700 btc for me in bitcoinica Smiley    Not really sure how that is related.

unignored.
I take back the homo comment to you, the other guy will just have to break his neck now.

I'm a guy? You know this because ... ? So how much are you owed, hoo?

Edit: Since I'm on ignore - Goat, will you tell hoo that I said he should tell us what he's owed? Because I'm not talking to him at the moment, so ner.

pazor
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 03:28:21 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2012, 12:39:53 PM by pazor

i have found my address and the amount of bitcoin that i lost in bitcoinscalper.

1E3rgt3wfMNLYsf1FgtzAon9GUpZASEyjj   -> bitcoin@p*g**o.**

so you can return my 0.30 BTC to 16zKVks9wPe2pd9wnyGh95HSbbW5UVsXBz

thank you!

Grin  Grin  Grin

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 03:52:33 PM

i have found my address and the amount of bitcoin that i lost in bitcoinscalper.

1E3rgt3wfMNLYsf1FgtzAon9GUpZASEyjj   -> bitcoin@p*g**o.**

thank you!

oh lol if serious

It's an each way lol. Funny if intentional, funnier if not.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 04:45:50 PM

1E3rgt3wfMNLYsf1FgtzAon9GUpZASEyjj   -> bitcoin@p*g**o.**

thank you!

oh lol if serious

It's an each way lol. Funny if intentional, funnier if not.

LOL. I would lean towards the last suggestion IMO.
stochastic

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:01:59 AM

700 btc for me in bitcoinica Smiley    Not really sure how that is related.

unignored.

hoo mo?

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 08:54:43 AM

I didn't say anything about the transexual in your avatar.

bitcoin, it's the 2nd most popular currency used by criminals.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 08:59:43 AM

I didn't say anything about the constant non-sequiturs in your posts.

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 10:10:03 AM

looks like someone on ignore wants attention.

Too bad the piece of trash is on ignore...  Grin

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 10:17:37 AM

Guys, I think you're being too hard on hoo. I don't know if I would react much differently if I were a 12 year old who just gambled my month's allowance away and was unable to buy pokemon cards either. I feel sorry for him.

hoo: Would you like some pokemon cards?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 10:19:32 AM

Guys, I think you're being too hard on hoo. I don't know if I would react much differently if I were a 12 year old who just gambled my month's allowance away and was unable to buy pokemon cards either. I feel sorry for him.

I think he's a pedophile and that money would be used to buy child pornography on Tor.
Just look at his signature... Despite using the third person, he can very well be talking about himself, given that what he deposited at bitscalper were Bitcoins and not Dollars
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 10:22:46 AM

I think he's a pedophile and that money would be used to buy child pornography on Tor.

I don't think his sexual preferences have anything to do with his insistence on spewing venom on anything and everything in his way. I think it's more likely he's:

• an old geezer who can't afford groceries now because of his gambling addiction
  • a teenager who has no income
  • middle-aged unemployed gambler who got burnt and has nothing to lose now

Anyone with talent, skill or imagination would never argue on the internet over any small amount of money when both parties are anonymous douchebags-- they'd be working towards replacing it and learn a lesson from their mistakes.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 10:24:34 AM

Anyone with talent, skill or imagination would never argue on the internet over any small amount of money when both parties are anonymous douchebags-- they'd be working towards replacing it and learn a lesson from their mistakes.

That sentence is a WIN!
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 06:36:15 PM

looks like someone on ignore wants attention.

Too bad the piece of trash is on ignore...  Grin

You still have failed to reveal just how many BTC you lost.

You continue to rant and rave like a crazy person every time you post, yet for all we know, you could have simply lost 5 BTC and are just using this forum as a place to vent, as instructed by your Psychiatrist.

Does this entire situation have more to do with being fondled by an Uncle when you were a child, than the BTC in question ?
Is there some sort of relationship between the nightmares you experience and either Bitscalper or MiningBuddy ?
Did your 'friendly' Uncle call you 'buddy' ? ...or perhaps 'Scalper' ?

I just want to ensure that your rage is properly directed for maximum effectiveness...for both you as well as the receiving party.

Let us help you. Let us in. Tell us about the times he babysat you and maybe, just maybe, we can help you work through this all.

Nachtwind

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 07:56:36 PM

Oh noeeeees.. i actually lost 3.something BTC it seems..

Well... that is bad since i really wanted to go to McDonalds this month.. but loosing those 10Eur will so wreck me..

But honestly: Does anyone have an idea what Hoo lost? He sounds like he either lost 500+BTC or even more like a 12yr who lost his wealth to buy a single pack of cigarretes...
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 08:19:15 PM

But honestly: Does anyone have an idea what Hoo lost?

My money is still on a combination of approx 5 BTC + the 'Uncle Scenario' above.....

I don't think it's possible for a person to be that angry without being molested as a child, by at least 1 family member.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 08:28:40 PM

even more like a 12yr who lost his wealth to buy a single pack of cigarretes...

Seconded.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 03:35:36 AM

Could be his mummy lent him the cash to gamble on Bitscalper and now he's fearing her constantly bringing it up and saying "I told you so". Like other forum member's wives, eh Bitlane?

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 04:43:29 AM

Could be his mummy lent him the cash to gamble on Bitscalper and now he's fearing her constantly bringing it up and saying "I told you so". Like other forum member's wives, eh Bitlane?

She never has to say "I told you so"....She simply says 'it' once (whatever it may be at the time) and I cower in fear, never mentioning another word about it.
I am an abused spouse.
Due to the fact that I am a heavy, almost 'sedated' sleeper, she threatens to hurt me while I slumber, so I have no choice but to always be on my best behavior.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 04:52:04 AM

Ah, lol!

I once dated a girl who tried to kill me by throwing part of a motorcycle through a glass window and onto my sleeping self. Luckily at the time I was having a midnight pee or (judging by the damage done to my bed) I wouldn't have a head anymore. Or a body, depending on how you look at it.

However, I didn't marry her. My condolences, Bitlane.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:56:18 PM

oh wow, and i thought thai gfs/wifes were harsh!

I have heard quite the opposite but I don't live there, have you any interesting stories to share?

BTW. Anyone managed to uncover Bitscalper's identity?
No info of him on whois but those affected by him could at least try this:

http://privacyprotect.org/
--> report abuse --> fraud complaint or website abuse complaint

http://privacyprotect.org/contact/#

If out of 700 people, say 50 decide to contact them I think they will help (assuming Bitscalper used his real identity for registering the domain) to uncover his identity and contact the authorities.
Even if you lost a bitcoin I think you should report him, we have waaay too many of this type of scams going on around the BTC community.

Signature space available for rent.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:51:46 AM

If out of 700 people, say 50 decide to contact them I think they will help (assuming Bitscalper used his real identity for registering the domain) to uncover his identity and contact the authorities.
Even if you lost a bitcoin I think you should report him, we have waaay too many of this type of scams going on around the BTC community.

I don't know....
The last thing that the Bitcoin Community (as a whole) needs is more negative press and an open door to possible Government(s) prying eyes.
Situations such as this could possibly just add 'fuel to the fire' and provide ammunition to those who are looking to outlaw Bitcoin due to scams/fraud etc.

Sometimes it's best to tread lightly....AND CARRY A BIG STICK Wink

This is another lesson (albeit, learned the hard way for some) and will hopefully help to make future Bitcoin Investors/Consumers more 'safety' conscious in regards to who they do business with and what they demand in order to feel safe throughout a transaction/deal.

Each incident helps to raise the bar a bit higher and eventually, the 'shit' will get weeded out of the community and a precedent set that will make it more difficult for scammers to operate, let alone even start up within the community.

Growing pains hurt....

LoupGaroux

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:51:59 AM

Oh please... why must we have crocodile tears for the imbeciles that lost money on this scam? They were warned- in no uncertain terms. There is no such thing as a free lunch, there is no magic machine that makes value out of wishing, and there is no way to game the system by playing junior arbitrage genius to support the kinds of gains that people were wanting to believe in. Sorry Wendy, but this Peter didn't take you to Never Never Land, he fleeced you of your coins. Just as he planned to do from Day One with this load of horse shit.

Stop acting like morons and believing in this bullshit. Scammers are in every venue, and when you line up like willing lambs to the slaughter... well, can you blame them for having a feeding frenzy on your dime? Think before you throw good money after bad, don't throw away the bad on nonsense and silliness to begin with.

And hoo, and the army of like minded children who think that threats doth make a man make of them... stop the threats of violence. You are aiming at the wrong target. The person to blame is yourself. With closed mind and blinded eyes you embraced this rip-off, and then treated everyone who tried to warn you with disrespect and crude taunts. You make yourself look incredibly diminished and like a rather juvenile cretin. You fucked up- deal with it. If all you lost was 5 btc, good on you, if it was every cent you had to your name, too freaking bad- you made a dumb choice in an unregulated marketplace and refused to listen to the multitude of voices that told you just how badly you were being taken. You insisted on believing the Tooth Fairy as he was back-raping you. You got exactly what you deserve.
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 10:28:01 AM

Each incident helps to raise the bar a bit higher and eventually, the 'shit' will get weeded out of the community and a precedent set that will make it more difficult for scammers to operate, let alone even start up within the community.

Well, as Bitcoin grows, a LOT of new users will join. Eventually, the whole ecosystem will be spread over dozen forums, communities and projects, amking it harder for everyone to follow everything.
Bitcoin will stay the scammer's paradise for a while, I think..

Lesson lerned, sure. For everyone who got burned. Hopefully. :-)

Ente
bulanula

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 11:25:42 AM

I still don't get why you don't wanna hunt the bastard down and put him in jail for some jailhouse mining Cheesy
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 11:35:49 AM

I still don't get why you don't wanna hunt the bastard down and put him in jail for some jailhouse mining Cheesy

Because people would have to follow-through completely after setting a precedent such as that and you would likely be next on the hit list, as part of the 'Hunted down for being a complete waste of skin' crowd that is....

Regardless of the amount stolen, justice should always be served up at a rate of at least 10x what the crime is actually worth, in order to deter future scammers from even considering doing anything.
I myself, am a big fan of the 'chop off your hands for stealing a loaf of bread' type of justice in the Middle East.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:32:06 PM

There is no such thing as a free lunch, there is no magic machine that makes value out of wishing, and there is no way to game the system by playing junior arbitrage genius to support the kinds of gains that people were wanting to believe in.

Yes, this sounded too good to be true for me and probably it's the reason why I didn't fall for it (common sense)

Stop acting like morons and believing in this bullshit. Scammers are in every venue, and when you line up like willing lambs to the slaughter... well, can you blame them for having a feeding frenzy on your dime? Think before you throw good money after bad, don't throw away the bad on nonsense and silliness to begin with.

This is still no excuse to scam or hack someone and exempt criminals from liability for losses/damage.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:39:15 PM

The last thing that the Bitcoin Community (as a whole) needs is more negative press and an open door to possible Government(s) prying eyes.
Situations such as this could possibly just add 'fuel to the fire' and provide ammunition to those who are looking to outlaw Bitcoin due to scams/fraud etc.

I think they are fully aware by now what is Bitcoin, too lade to hide.
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2012/05/Bitcoin-FBI.pdf

Do not forget that negative press (Silkroad) was what actually made Bitcoin so popular last year.

This is another lesson (albeit, learned the hard way for some) and will hopefully help to make future Bitcoin Investors/Consumers more 'safety' conscious in regards to who they do business with and what they demand in order to feel safe throughout a transaction/deal.

Looking at recent Linode and Bitcoinica ($300k in two months) hacks I could say that it is the opposite - the more money is involved, the likelier the hack.

But I did not lose money here, those who did are free to do what they wish, I only gave a hint, if I saw someone being beaten by a thug I would be indifferent and say to him ''lol, it's your own fault, you should've enrolled to Krav Maga classes and carry a P99 at all times". It is possible to hunt down the amateur scammers and hackers so why not do it?

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 03:26:14 PM

its not yet been proven that this was a scam.

i'm pretty sure the code was written a long time ago as I had access to his btc-e account. I'm pretty sur ethe bot was trading like bitscalper said it was. Did it make as much as he was paying out or was that ponzi, I do not know. I did not have that much evidence.

This guy might have just been hacked, no need to jail a guy for that. If we start doing that MtGox/Bitcoinica are going down too! Smiley

+1

I'm grumpy!!
Blind

Activity: 235

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 06:33:18 PM

its not yet been proven that this was a scam.

Oh come on, it was a scam and a great one at that. The fact that you still have doubts about it, just proves that. The guy managed to rip off his customers TWICE (citing hackers), then made money on selling his shitty code to various people around, and eventually sold entire service to MinnigBuddy for god knows how much, it hardly gets any more perfect than that, three birds with one stone!

Whole premise how it operated (give away all profits, make peanut money on withdrawals, really?), was rising a big red flag. Disregarding that, website was a dead give away, engineered to convince people still on the fence (from memory, since it changed):

- claims of cutting edge technology that took months to develop (bullshit)
- link "still have doubts?, read the FAQ" from front page linking to FAQ where very first question tries to comfort the user: "Is it a scam? -- No"
- Internal Statistics page, last link in top nav, where only stat given were processed withdrawals (hey they do withdrawals, no way it to be a scam!). Assuming I'm looking at legit business, I don't care what your withdrawals are, tell me how much money you are tumbling, how much profit you've made today, yesterday and in the last week and month. Unless you're trying very hard to prove legitimacy, I don't see the point of that page.

Then at some point Bitscalper released video proving that system is real and it works (via browser extension, no less, fat lol).

Bitscalper was designed to be a scam from a day one when it went public. Usually scams are targetting gullible people with lesser intelligence, incapable of critical thinking, and it amazes me how many people here got caught (geeks currency, lol).

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
hoo

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 08:58:27 PM

bitlane, I'm willing to bet 20BTC you could never find bitscalper or whomever stole the ~1000btc, and get bitscalper users their btc back. even if your life depended on it.
With that said, it makes you a pretty god damned useless "internet detective" doesn't it...  Shocked  Cheesy  Roll Eyes

*free hint, highest probability is someone here at bitcointalk.

Everyone else in this thread that is not trying to help bitscalper users have Justice, even if it is just 0.001BTC,
you are as useful as used pieces of toilet paper.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 09:12:17 PM

Not to be argumentative hoo, well, scratch that, yes, to be argumentative... used toilet paper is pretty damn functional if you want to remove the crap you have just wiped from the scene of the action.

Your concept of "Justice" is pretty freaking warped- you threw away your money, and now because some guy who got ripped off just as bad as you didn't double down on his losses, you want to lash out at any comment made? You are just a candy ass mealy mouthed little whiny bitch aren't you?

You do know that bitscalper is sitting somewhere right now enjoying the 50 cent candy bar that he bought with the funds he stole from you and laughing his unholy ass off at you don't you? You are indeed the definition of internet buffoon.
hoo

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 10:52:31 PM

well shiver me timbers, I personally don't care what your wrote, but started to worry you maybe fell ill from some poison peppered into your latest batch of honey, got cancer, maybe was hit by a car or bus or maybe even found out one of the scammers you burned is currently plotting revenge, but what do I care, you most certainly deserve it I'm sure.  Grin

LoupGaroux

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 03:44:30 AM

Thanks, I have never used the moniker Shiver Me Timbers, although I have a good friend who does.

And thanks for the compliment, I truly hope that I have burned a scammer or two along the way enough that they would want to plot revenge. Blustering and carrying on about kicking ass and threatening people over the internet is for cowards and wimps. You really need to worry about the quiet ones. Any scammer who comes knocking on my door will know exactly why for the rest of his life.

Which will be mercifully short, FTW.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 06:25:15 AM

bitlane, I'm willing to bet 20BTC you could never find bitscalper or whomever stole the ~1000btc, and get bitscalper users their btc back. even if your life depended on it.
With that said, it makes you a pretty god damned useless "internet detective" doesn't it...  Shocked  Cheesy  Roll Eyes

Everyone else in this thread that is not trying to help bitscalper users have Justice, even if it is just 0.001BTC,

If I gave your your 11 BTC back that you lost in the Bitscalper fiasco, would you go away quietly ?

As far as the 20 BTC bet goes, fortunately I can see a bad investment before hand and I can bet again, that you don't even have the 20 BTC to cover the bet if you were in fact to lose.
We have all now seen what happens to you over a loss of 11 BTC.....I wouldn't want to be around to witness the fallout from a loss of 20.

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 01:29:54 PM

If I gave your your 11 BTC back that you lost in the Bitscalper fiasco, would you go away quietly ?

As far as the 20 BTC bet goes, fortunately I can see a bad investment before hand and I can bet again, that you don't even have the 20 BTC to cover the bet if you were in fact to lose.
We have all now seen what happens to you over a loss of 11 BTC.....I wouldn't want to be around to witness the fallout from a loss of 20.

very predictable.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:46:07 PM

ibid.

Cowardly hiding behind empty online challenges is a typical trollish response.
pazor
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:58:00 PM

something new?
anyone get his bitcoin back?
anyone paid for the disaster?

case closed without any comments?

bulanula

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:01:50 PM

something new?
anyone get his bitcoin back?
anyone paid for the disaster?

case closed without any comments?

What would you expect ? 20 years behind bars Roll Eyes

Necrobump is funny though ...
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 03:27:11 PM

Just a heads up folks, please don't send any btc to old bitscalper deposit address's, it seems the old wallet is still being watched by someone and I have lost control of the wallet.
I had a guy PM me saying that he had sent btc to his old deposit address by mistake and now it looks like those funds have been moved  Undecided

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: