Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Bitscalper under new management.  (Read 15500 times)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:43:15 PM

More than a month ago I sent some PM and emails to bitscalper about getting back my funds. Of course I got no reply.
After finding this announcement I sent some PM to MiningBuddy.  And it seems that MiningBuddy handles this case the very same as bitscalper - by simple not answering.
That behavior leads to a simple question: Is this announcement for real or is MiningBuddy and bitscalper the same person?

Your post leads me to a simple question: Are you retarded or are you really retarded?

FTFY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:57:18 PM

More than a month ago I sent some PM and emails to bitscalper about getting back my funds. Of course I got no reply.
After finding this announcement I sent some PM to MiningBuddy.  And it seems that MiningBuddy handles this case the very same as bitscalper - by simple not answering.
That behavior leads to a simple question: Is this announcement for real or is MiningBuddy and bitscalper the same person?

Your post leads me to a simple question: Are you retarded or are you retarded?

I myself lost only a marginal test amount. Actually I wasted more on bitlotto Wink
I write here, to let others know. See, MiningBuddy make it looking like everything will be resolved, but I highly doubt this.
Still, will I try to get it back? Of course.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:00:27 PM

Your post leads me to a simple question: Are you retarded or are you retarded?

I myself lost only a marginal test amount. Actually I wasted more on bitlotto Wink
I write here, to let others know. See, MiningBuddy make it looking like everything will be resolved, but I highly doubt this.
Still, will I try to get it back? Of course.

He has already stated that he will start the refunds after he has completed the audit and so.
wigglyuk

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 06:37:48 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2012, 06:54:27 AM by wigglyuk

After finding this announcement I sent some PM to MiningBuddy.  And it seems that MiningBuddy handles this case the very same as bitscalper - by simple not answering.

This whole bitscalper thing seems to be a bit fishy. I'm inclined to believe that there are a bunch of scammers on the inside,strung together, who run multiple websites (as well as profiles on BTCtalk) and the scammers themselves choose to reveal a few of themselves as XXXscammersX so that the other scammers on bitcointalk would seem to have more credibility, then these scammers post calling people "retards or retarded" when those people make the claim of plausible scammers being actual scammers.  Shocked while writing this I had an epiphany...

Are we not all being scammed by satoshi? wait nevermind, i'm just retarded Tongue

EDIT: pronoun clarity

List of Active Altcoin Giveaways and Altcoin Faucets | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322446.0
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 10:21:53 AM

I personally don't believe it is that complicated and sinister, but I like your thinking!

Ente
moocow1452

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 02:37:22 PM

Never mistake stupidity for malice, even if the end result is interchangeable.

Bitscalper says he got in over his head day trading, and I'm inclined to believe him. Whether or not he's genuine about losing data and coinage or just pushing back a deadline is a bit shady, but it's water under the bridge at this point, and he had the chance to cut and run when he did.
billington.mark

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 05:18:14 PM

I asked a question and he answered without sounding like an utter moron... So he's already +1 on bitscalper in my eyes.

BTC - 1MarkBCmVn3yp1SB9RZZ7VfqJzkpV8Hmdo
BitMessage - BM-GtZkeAbmKGs77FEoigm9TmsQBSfvMB3N
Philj

Activity: 388

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 05:08:42 PM

any update on this?
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 12:08:26 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2012, 05:04:09 PM by BTC-engineer

MiningBuddy, I really like the way you handle the situation, because it looks like you are working on fixing the issues with the old system instead of wasting too much time in the forum.

On the other side there are bitscalper users like myself, who would like to have an update regarding their Bitcoins.
One of your last statements regarding paybacks of user bitcoins was that you first want to audit the database before promising anything.
This sounded critical to me, because maybe you count on finding Bitcoins in the database to be able to pay back to the users/owners...

I'm sure you understand that users would like to know if they will get their bitcoins back. I personally also think that this is the required base for further business.
Your last post stated that you are still doing the audit, and this is fine.

However, after >10 days of having all bitscalper data, is there any other kind of information at this point in time, which you can provide us?
A short progress report would be very nice.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 10:13:58 PM

Ah, it is so cute to watch the naifs being led to the abattoir.

Have fun waiting for the next weekend and the next weekend and the next one after that... This ends up one of two ways- either all the folks waiting lose their money, or MiningBuddy loses his in taking over this abortion. All the audit can show is just how deeply he was raped by bitscalper.
hoo

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 09:23:30 PM

looking forward to an update.

@MiningBuddy, did you buy the debt from bitscalper or just the business?

bitcoin, 2nd most popular currency used by criminals.
The probability that you too are a criminal, is very high.
bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 08:41:21 AM

Well i fear my 87 bitcoins invested are gone, no updates nor answers on emails
Wigglyuk might be right bitcoin attracks alot of shady people as the many ddos/hack attacks shows.
In many ways people are trying to get you to send them your money and never send what you paid for, which is what happens alot with bitcoins too.

BTC-engineer

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 06:02:11 PM

@MiningBuddy: You had now already 3 weekends to look on what you got from the old bitscalper.com owner. Your last post is 2 weeks old.  You should now already have a little bit more information then on the day you took over bitscalper.com. Information which is also important for the users who trusted bitscalper.com their money. So PLEASE give us a short progress report, even if you are still not finished with your audit.

Thanks

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
MiningBuddy (OP)

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 03:06:29 PM

Hi guys, I am very sorry for the lack of public updates I have provided recently due being pulled back into my full time job numerous times for extra cover work it has left me with very little time to get anything practical done.

I haven't completed the financial audit as of yet but I can guesstimate around 1000btc that requires paying back, I am fairly confident an accurate list can be compiled from the bitcoind transaction log as it lists deposits/withdraws by account which matches information in the database. The wallet file itself it totally empty, (well, apart from 0.25 btc) there is no way to recover the lost bitcoins through the client itself as they have already been sent away to the hacker.

The code for the sites backend/frontend is a complete mess and I am surprised the site functioned as long as it did before major security issues were exploited. It is simply not secure.
There is no automated financial auditing system in place so every day the admin is required to manually run numbers from trading profit/transaction history and update total profits/distribute earnings. Again, I don't know how this worked for the few months the site was live as doing such a task manually every day is a nightmare.

The backend trading system is also rather messy, there is no automated order confirmation checking so you very often see duplicate orders being processed which eat into your profits, I have been running simulations for the past week with the system and I am impressed with the theoretical numbers but the way this thing is coded currently on a live market it looses more then it earns due to inefficiencies and poor error handling.

The domain transfer request has failed 2(or 3?) times now due to the original owner not replying to the email confirmation (I have spoken to him about it but he assures me he is checking the correct email address)

Oh and on top of all of that the source code was shared with some other members, one of which is now listed on GLBSE (I'm not one for throwing accusations and I don't know how much, if at all any of the code was used in the final project)

I haven't spoken to the owner for a good couple of days now so I'm not sure if he's busy with other things, or vanished again.

I'm feeling pretty shitty about all of it to be honest.

Plan of action for me now?
Work out whether or not its worth my time/money/effort to get the code fixed up or rewritten. Or throw in the towel and forget it.

Anyway, I don't really have anything positive to say at the moment so I am just going to leave this post where it is and think things over.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 03:09:18 PM

Well when/if you start the bot I'll be making a deposit and the longer it runs well the more and more I'm willing to deposit more and more.

MiningBuddy (OP)

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 03:17:08 PM

Well when/if you start the bot I'll be making a deposit and the longer it runs well the more and more I'm willing to deposit more and more.
I understand and I have a few close friends willing to deposit figures in the 5 digit range themselves, but quite simply I would not trust the current code myself at this point, there are currently far too many points of failure that would make you loose money.

I will be talking to some friends tonight who are competent coders to see what my best option would be.

We did not use any of that code and I think you understand why.
Understood, as I said, I'm not one for accusations and I feel a bit shitty even mentioning it so please don't take offence.

BTC-engineer

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 04:43:46 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2012, 05:59:18 PM by BTC-engineer

I haven't completed the financial audit as of yet but I can guesstimate around 1000btc that requires paying back, I am fairly confident an accurate list can be compiled from the bitcoind transaction log as it lists deposits/withdraws by account which matches information in the database. The wallet file itself it totally empty, (well, apart from 0.25 btc) there is no way to recover the lost bitcoins through the client itself as they have already been sent away to the hacker.

Hi MiningBuddy,

thank you very much for your update, even if it's not good news.
I don't want to interrupt you with your still not finished audit, but one important thing seems to be already clear. The old owner didn't transferred you ANY Bitcoins from his users. So is it really still important for you to finish the audit first before saying something about if and when the users will get their money back? For me it seems like this answer is not related to the result of the audit anymore, or is it?

The old owner wrote that with this deal he is not responsible anymore because everything was sold to you. And you announced that one of the top prior things on your list is to pay out the users.
I don't know the deal you have done with the old bitscalp.er.com owner in detail. But it sounds like you have not only got the rights but also the duties from the old owner.

I could understand your frustration if you payed the old owner money for this transfer and you are now in a situation where you have to exercise your duties without finding ANY left Bitcoins in his database and the code/system you got is in a terribly, unusable condition. Don't you feel duped? May I asked you how much you payed him?

Again my question from before: Do you know the identity of the old bitscalper owner?

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
hoo

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2012, 06:14:20 AM

i would like to have my btc back.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 08:11:09 PM

Hilarious- from the clown who supported bitscalper and insisted that everyone was just a hater.

Hey Dude? Your btc are gone, long gone. Off into a scammer's pocket to spend on hookers and cocaine, and you aren't getting anything back.
hoo

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 02:07:42 AM

ROTFL - You never give up do you hoo.

someone will give me my money back, even if I have to go hunting for a voodoo man to make several someones shit their teeth out.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: