Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:20:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Bitscalper under new management.  (Read 15500 times)
hoo

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2012, 08:37:20 AM

@Matthew N. Wright, this is your only warning, if you continue negging me.
I will put resolute force behind my words,
and with this and only this, will you ever be told.

bitcoin, 2nd most popular currency used by criminals.
The probability that you too are a criminal, is very high.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 09:03:27 AM

I think you aim at the wrong person.. isnt bitscalper the one who scammed you?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 12:06:04 PM

I admit I had to look up what "negging" meant.

"Low-grade insults meant to undermine the self-confidence of a woman so she might be more vulnerable to your advances."

Matthew might be provoking you a bit but I'm pretty sure he is not hitting on you.

So, hoo is a ho?  Shocked
moocow1452

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Don't mind me.

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 03:19:55 PM

I admit I had to look up what "negging" meant.

"Low-grade insults meant to undermine the self-confidence of a woman so she might be more vulnerable to your advances."

Matthew might be provoking you a bit but I'm pretty sure he is not hitting on you.

We don't really know that for sure, and don't we all want love at the end of the day?

Though the finger pointing is kinda getting old.
MiningBuddy (OP)

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:20:23 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2012, 10:45:33 PM by MiningBuddy

Ok guys, It's official, I walk away. I was a fucking moron for even getting involved with this at all what so ever, a lot of told you so moments have been had and I don't expect them to stop, they are deserved.
I won't be repaying the ~1000btc owed by bitscalper as I genuinely feel what I received was miss sold and not as advertised or agreed.

For what it's worth, would you guys like me to publish the source code on github and also publish the transaction log from bitcoind? (Though it will contain email address's of some ~700 users)

I am very sorry and I am ashamed of myself.

Bitcoind logs uploaded here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68862.msg893249#msg893249

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

Ok guys, It's official, I walk away. I was a fucking moron for even getting involved with this at all what so ever, a lot of told you so moments have been had and I don't expect them to stop, they are deserved.
I won't be repaying the ~1000btc owed by bitscalper as I genuinely feel what I received was miss sold and not as advertised or agreed.

For what it's worth, would you guys like me to publish the source code on github and also publish the transaction log from bitcoind? (Though it will contain email address's of some ~700 users)

Holy shit, 700+ users from a few weeks of operation? People are fucking gullible.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:28:17 PM

Holy shit, 700+ users from a few weeks of operation? People are fucking gullible.
Luckily most people had the common sense to only gamble what they could afford to loose should the site not be legit, unfortunately there were a few accounts with three digit figures in there  Undecided

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:28:33 PM

Obfuscate the emails. Take everything after the @. A simple regex should do it. That should be enough for users to recognize them.

But yeah, publish the damn thing Tongue
lunchb0x

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:51:56 PM

Luckily most people had the common sense to only gamble what they could afford to loose should the site not be legit, unfortunately there were a few accounts with three digit figures in there  Undecided

Yea, I put one bitcoin into it speculatively, but after looking into it a bit more it seemed really sketchy and I pulled out so I only ended up only loosing a few cents. I guess my paranoia served me well this time.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 12:47:13 AM

Yea, I put one bitcoin into it speculatively, but after looking into it a bit more it seemed really sketchy and I pulled out so I only ended up only loosing a few cents. I guess my paranoia served me well this time.

It's not paranoia when you're right Wink
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 04:35:51 AM

Well my first thought is if you publish this very bad code, 5 others will take it and then change it a bit and we will do this all over again.  

The code is really bad and it will just end in disaster if they try to use it again.

Just my 2 cents

Agreed. The reason it is really bad is that BitScalper hastily wrote it after he was caught running a ponzi.

Nachtwind

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:12:14 AM

Thank you for that final word on this story.
I wouldnt recommend publishing the user list - or at least the email addresses - as well as the code. With that code arround a lot more bitscalper clones will open up in new time.. but how about selling the code? Wink
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:18:01 AM

Thank you for that final word on this story.
I wouldnt recommend publishing the user list - or at least the email addresses - as well as the code. With that code arround a lot more bitscalper clones will open up in new time.. but how about selling the code? Wink

BitScalper already tried selling the code. I'd say MiningBuddy should just cut his losses and bow out of this gracefully (like he just did). BitScalper is still the scumbag we want and there are those of us who know exactly how to find him. It's only a matter of time.

MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 01:54:54 PM

I won't be selling the code, at all.
I don't think you need me to explain why, but I couldn't live with myself doing something like that.

teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 01:56:04 PM

post the code.
Nachtwind

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 01:56:32 PM

That was more of a joke. But it's nice that you at least tried to clear up the mess.

I guess i wont see my 3BTC again Sad Damnit.. that is one Meal at BurgerKing less this month *shakes sadly head*
MiningBuddy (OP)

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 02:15:51 PM

post the code.

do you want the code? i do not mind trusted members having it, but i don't think it should be public.
Afraid of competition?  Tongue

teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 02:17:14 PM

post the code.

do you want the code? i do not mind trusted members having it, but i don't think it should be public.

i'd like to see it.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 02:20:12 PM

post the code.

I guess anyone who try to use this publicly won't get any customers.
But it would be nice if it was published and people used it privately.
It would bring balance to the markets Wink
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 03:18:02 PM

okay fine publish it. free market and all that.

lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: