Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:08:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please delete this thread  (Read 3880 times)
Bitobsessed

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:33:54 AM

Wonder what CapitalOne is doing building a digital team.

http://jobs.capitalone.com/san-francisco/digital/digital-operations-manager-jobs

"If you like the idea of delivering new digital products that have never been created by a bank or credit card company, we want to meet you."

MrGreenHat (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:04:29 AM

Wonder what CapitalOne is doing building a digital team.

http://jobs.capitalone.com/san-francisco/digital/digital-operations-manager-jobs

"If you like the idea of delivering new digital products that have never been created by a bank or credit card company, we want to meet you."

;-)
pirsquared

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:11:35 AM

Banks, et al., are taking notice of what is happening in the bitcoin world. USMS just auctioned off some property for which a savvy fellow ponied up millions. Bitcoin or something like it is the future.

Judging by the amount of VC that has entered the bitcoin space; smart money says that cryptocurrency is the future. I follow smart money because I don't have enough of either to do otherwise (smarts or money).

This is the internet, so take the OP's post with a grain of salt insofar as that is concerned. People create accounts all the time just to tell a truth that they don't want to tell under their own name.

Bitcoin is real. The protocol is solid. The currency is valuable. Don't fool yourselves into thinking that large corporations are not taking notice.

If you HODL store it CODL!
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:17:35 AM

Banks, et al., are taking notice of what is happening in the bitcoin world. USMS just auctioned off some property for which a savvy fellow ponied up millions. Bitcoin or something like it is the future.

Judging by the amount of VC that has entered the bitcoin space; smart money says that cryptocurrency is the future. I follow smart money because I don't have enough of either to do otherwise (smarts or money).

This is the internet, so take the OP's post with a grain of salt insofar as that is concerned. People create accounts all the time just to tell a truth that they don't want to tell under their own name.

Bitcoin is real. The protocol is solid. The currency is valuable. Don't fool yourselves into thinking that large corporations are not taking notice.
I realize at this point that most people think I'm making this up but as far as creating a pseudonym, I'm just a long time lurker who has never really had anything of interest to say. I figured that it might be of interest here but everyone thinks its bullshit. LOL.
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:18:27 AM

Totally. Lots of people saw that auction as bearish news, but it was super bullish in my eyes. US government stamp of approval. Clearly, smart money is getting positioned, and the financial world is taking notice.

pirsquared

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:19:32 AM

I realize at this point that most people think I'm making this up but as far as creating a pseudonym, I'm just a long time lurker who has never really had anything of interest to say. I figured that it might be of interest here but everyone thinks its bullshit. LOL.

Everyone always thinks things are bullshit until they get the smell of dung on their collar. I'm with you.

If you HODL store it CODL!
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 05:26:35 AM

Are you kidding? NO. I am not going to tell you what bank he is the CEO and PRESIDENT of (he doesn't work in a fucking department). And he is not just merely ONE person, his partners of over 35+ years were also a part of the email discussion in reference to "picking the brains" of people like Tony. I would almost guarantee he is one of the most successful community bankers in the state, if not the most). His success record is insane. Over the past decade or so, he has acquired and flipped about a half dozen banks. He specializes in buying shitty community banks that are sinking ships and he comes in as the CEO and does his thing and sells the bank to the big guys (Wells Fargo, BofA, etc.)

Man that's quite the resume your father has. Ok ok, I believe you. But my father too, owns a very huge and rapidly expanding industry. He might even buy out all the banks, including your father, then proceed to take over the world. But of course I can't reveal my sources either, because that would mean the end of my father.

In reference to the OP, I would not be entirely surprised if the OPs father worked for Chase, or another Bitcoin "hostile" bank as even banks that are not friendly to bitcoin have a legit need to understand bitcoin and the bitcoin economy.
Thank God there is one person on this forum with half a brain...

I guess the rest of us don't have a brain, just because we didn't nod along with OP's storytelling.

CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:51:20 AM

In reference to the OP, I would not be entirely surprised if the OPs father worked for Chase, or another Bitcoin "hostile" bank as even banks that are not friendly to bitcoin have a legit need to understand bitcoin and the bitcoin economy.

I guess the rest of us don't have a brain, just because we didn't nod along with OP's storytelling.

Right? I mean, it's plausible and everything, but there's really no reason for us to eat it up with a spoon. And there's plenty of bagholders around trying to do anything they can to pump the price. Smiley

MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:59:09 AM

Right? I mean, it's plausible and everything, but there's really no reason for us to eat it up with a spoon. And there's plenty of bagholders around trying to do anything they can to pump the price. Smiley
I understand. I was being harsh when I wrote the "half a brain" bit, I will confess. But why would some random thread from bitcointalk.org where a guy with 15 posts wrote what I wrote possibly pump up the price? Are you serious?
mercistheman

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:01:47 AM

So the question is why would anyone in the banking industry think favorably for BTC and their bank's future?
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:12:57 AM

So the question is why would anyone in the banking industry think favorably for BTC and their bank's future?
Because you have to adapt as a business. Find some way of implementing it into the ability to have bitcoin and USD in your checking or savings account, also BTC loans.They also ofcourse are impressed by the low transaction fees. Banks aren't going anywhere, at least not anytime soon. I really can't believe the number of lunatics on this place who say shit like "Yeah Im 100% invested in Bitcoin because there aren't going to be any banks in a decade or two". Its fucking simple economics. Diversify, this includes currencies. We can have multiple currencies. It's healthier and safer than having just one. Bankers found a way to screw you with paper money, they'll find a way to do it with Bitcoin.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:14:50 AM

If it is plausible and you have nothing to refute the statement then why would you call BS?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:53:46 AM

man this thread feels like a 4chan troll post.. seriously, did u guys see him defend big banks, because the smaller credit unions get perks? that's got to be a fucking troll.
haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:24:55 AM

PS: MY FATHER LOATHES CREDIT UNIONS, they are a much larger threat to big community banks like the one he is currently the CEO of, certainly moreso than bitcoin (at this point in the game).

The problem with credit unions is that they have unfair advantages compared to a traditional bank, which obviously is not good for the banking industry. For instance, they don't have to pay income taxes and all sorts of other insane crazy perks that they should not be allowed to have.

So your father LOATHES credit unions. They are non-profit banks, get bunch of perks, and this is bad for all the greedy banks, such as the one your father owns. The same banking industry that indirectly steals from the citizens, is this right? Your father hates them because it chips away from his potential profits.

haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:25:33 AM

For those who are questioning whether or not I'm full of shit. I ask you: Why on earth would I post this information unless it were true?
But why would some random thread from bitcointalk.org where a guy with 15 posts wrote what I wrote possibly pump up the price? Are you serious?

Are you new to this? Why don't you ask your evil twin nomoonn since you have the same level of credibility. It's like you never seen bulls or bears trying to say anything to pump/crash the price.

haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:26:04 AM

Bankers found a way to screw you with paper money, they'll find a way to do it with Bitcoin.

You seem a bit confused as to who's side you're on. Go ahead and count how many times you've contradicted yourself in the first two pages. You're exactly right though, banks will find a way to fuck up something good (bitcoin), so go tell your daddy to call off the integration.

haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:26:37 AM

OK, whatever. Don't believe it. I really don't give a shit. You will see. In fact, DONT BUY, I havent gotten my paycheck yet and I would hate for the price to go up right now, especially since it seems to be sliding down.

You just gave away your hand in this post. It's not about banks, there's no fictitious father, this thread is yet another lame attempt to PUMP the price. You're irritated because the people that read this thread thus far, didn't instantly go on a buying spree. Why are you so focused on short term price movement, when it's suppose to be about banks?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:49:44 AM

My father is a banking executive
- snip -
I was in a meeting with my attorney and my father yesterday
- snip -
the attorney asked my father what his opinion of Bitcoin and other virtual currencies were,
- snip -
his bank has made sure to make a point of talking to people like Tony from Bitpay and a few other Bitcoin entrepreneurs in order to "pick their brains"
- snip -
banks in the U.S. right now are bullish about Bitcoin and plan on implementing it
- snip -
the President and CEO of a pretty big community bank.

Regarding these 6 statements, there is only one thing to say:

Pix or it didn't happen
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:14:16 PM

Banks aren't going anywhere, at least not anytime soon.

I would expand this to:

Banks aren't going anywhere, if only for the reason that many people can't secure their cryptos on their own and will lose them to hackers, that's why at least some banks will make business keeping cryptos for people and charging them storage, insurance and of course transfer fees, when they need to withdraw small amounts to their personal wallet for spending. People need peace of mind and live their life without worrying about losing coins. Banks give them peace of mind, same as they always did. At least until a bank run happens, haha.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:30:23 PM

You just gave away your hand in this post. It's not about banks, there's no fictitious father, this thread is yet another lame attempt to PUMP the price. You're irritated because the people that read this thread thus far, didn't instantly go on a buying spree. Why are you so focused on short term price movement, when it's suppose to be about banks?

This is probably going to be a little off-topic, but I've never understood why people think that any sort of positive correlation with Bitcoin means their trying to pump. If you were a normal person, would you honestly base your trading on the posts of some random guy on the internet who has posted a >20 times? I wouldn't.

Back on topic, if it gets big enough you can bet your bottom dollar that the banks will jump on quickly so as not to lose customers. Given that the non-savvy user is going to need a place to safely store coins and call upon if they need help they'll be happy to pay what they are now for this 'privilege'. To the rest of us, it may mean a day where we are completely independent of banks - although it would be interesting if banks offered insurance on coins they have stored.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: