Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What should I do with 2,000 dogecoins?  (Read 973 times)
Kiloday (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:03:46 AM

I have collected about 2,000 dogecoins which I keep stored in a paper wallet. Some of it was bought from Cryptsy but most of it was earned using the Freedoge.co.in faucet that I've been visiting for the past month. Do you think I should hodl it, invest it, gamble it (probably not), or do you think I'd be better off just selling it all for BTC?

Thanks.
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:06:39 AM

I have collected about 2,000 dogecoins which I keep stored in a paper wallet. Some of it was bought from Cryptsy but most of it was earned using the Freedoge.co.in faucet that I've been visiting for the past month. Do you think I should hodl it, invest it, gamble it (probably not), or do you think I'd be better off just selling it all for BTC?

Thanks.

probably hold a bit
bitcoincal

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:28:04 AM

That's really a small amount of Doge.

Best thing to do is put it on an exchange where you can earn interest while you keep funneling in more doge from faucets.

Once doge goes higher, sell. It's too low now to concern yourself with it. Might as well hold.

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:01:38 AM

Thanks.
Hello,
Just keep the and forget about those coins. For now there is not much hope for all the altcoins, but may be in the future these doges will cost something. I have numerous altcoins stored and I am forgetting about them Smiley
Please just dont gamble it, you will lose it all for sure at the final. BTW there was ana offer on the forum if you have 10 000 doges and also 15 $ you can buy very nice fisical dogecoin Smiley
BR
Gondel
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:31:32 AM

2000 dogecoins isn't worth holding if you ask me, even if they double in value, which I highly doubt, then still it's not much.

FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:47:24 AM

If you held more than about 500 doge at block 232,000 - you'll get 80 free LottoShares when it launches on the 15th. You can use those to play the lottery, pick 6 numbers from 42 correctly, win 80,000,000 LTS and then retire.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Traffic4u

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:55:34 AM

It's too small amount.
Hold it and pray, hope the price will reach $1 in the next year.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:05:08 AM

2000 Doge is a small amount, so even you sell it now , you won't make any profit. So better hold it and wait for few months.
boxuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:10:11 AM

just hold

Thanks.

Limpuls

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:18:34 AM

It's too small amount.
You think it will reach at least 0.5 usd next years? Coz I'm thinking about buying 20 000 Doge for now. Or maybe I shouldn't do this? I still don't get it how it can be so cheap and dead for so long term and still be on top 7 in coinmarketcap.com?
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:46:16 AM

It's too small amount.

Do you really think that Doge will reach a market cap of $ 87 billion (ie 10x Bitcoins current cap) inside a year?
This could be seen as being slightly unrealistic...... Shocked

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:36:38 PM

you could gamble them where you got them from...

i got about 2700 from a faucet gambling site recently and i sent mine to Cryptsy for now..
i wouldn't sell em unless it goes up over 50 though.
i got lots more on an exchange though i got stuck with by accident so ill prob merge them together and sell em soon'ish.

but ya you got them on a gambling site i bet so gamble them maybe ? who knows maybe you will get the pot ?
i bet you went to the Gambling site in my SIG that says free doge coins.. right ? same place ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
coinbbc

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:34:02 PM

giving away for strangers.
Gumbork

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:44:14 PM

Thanks.

I suggest to just hold it until dogecoin have significant value.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:45:54 PM

It's too small amount.
You think it will reach at least 0.5 usd next years? Coz I'm thinking about buying 20 000 Doge for now. Or maybe I shouldn't do this? I still don't get it how it can be so cheap and dead for so long term and still be on top 7 in coinmarketcap.com?

While I think doge will be a survivor of this latest round of alt coins and it has a great community even at its peak of 250 or so satoshi it never approached 1 USD or .5 USD.  More like 3 USD per 1000 doge at its peak, today of course, its .29 USD per 1000 doge.  Maybe that is what you meant?

Doge started as a joke but caught on.  It suffers (or benefits depending on your PoV) from Too Many Coins and No Limit Ever.  This is why it is worth so little but still high on coin market cap, it just has huge numbers of coins.

Its block reward amount is halving in a couple of days so no reason not to hold until then.

However, bottom line, that is such a small amount of money, .65 or so USD that it really does not matter much what you do with it.  However, the benefit has been the learning experience you gained with crypto and the expertise of converting coins from virtual to paper wallets and back which is not something to be scoffed at.

Good Luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: