Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: now with coinpal shut down how do you guys transfer your money out of your coins  (Read 5298 times)
clonedone (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 02:35:36 AM

do you guys use liberty reserve?
i want to use the mt.gox direct deposit with 800 minimum but im scared it wont go through... its 800 after all...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
njloof

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 02:59:40 AM

I don't know why it says that; I just did a ~$500 transaction through mtgox yesterday and it went through fine.
kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:01:16 AM

There's always plenty of smaller trades going on at #bitcoin-otc
clonedone (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:28:47 AM

I don't know why it says that; I just did a ~$500 transaction through mtgox yesterday and it went through fine.

are you in the US? how long did that transaction take?
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 03:55:25 AM

Sorry, I feel like I am now flying blind and deaf.

MTGOX is down due to DOS attack and coincard is closed due to paypal.  I used to use coincard exclusively. 

clonedone (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 04:01:20 AM

Sorry, I feel like I am now flying blind and deaf.

MTGOX is down due to DOS attack and coincard is closed due to paypal.  I used to use coincard exclusively. 

yes its terrifying i dunno what to do now.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 04:48:51 AM

I wouldn't know how to cash out of bitcoins, I've never done it.  However, if anyone here lives in Kentucky, I'd be willing to pay you cash in person, if you are not too far.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 04:54:34 AM

I'm more worried about people not being able to buy 'coins than people not being able to sell them

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
mjsbuddha

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

yung lean

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 04:57:57 AM

this couldn't happen at a worse time too with the article in forbes coming out in a little over a week. all those interested people wont have an easy way to buy coins and if mt. gox. Isn't up they wont know what they are worth.
njloof

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:07:03 AM

No question actually cashing out via mtgox is a pain: it's mtgox to liberty reserve, liberty reserve to some LR buyer, then to actual cash.

But doable and fast (when mtgox is up Smiley. Getting bitcoins into mtgox takes ~1 hour, since they have to wait for confirmation from the network. Selling at mtgox for LR is about a minute. LR buyers are nearly instantaneous.
slurch

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 05:28:47 AM

I think the $800 minimum is an ACH option to a US bank account? No idea, though. I emailed a long time ago and never got an answer.

Donations accepted at: 1AXKzVc1tTmfC6VkWwBNSzKqThqhwsC5mY
For what, I have no idea...
zoro

Activity: 226

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:39:26 AM

Don't worry guys, the outcome of all these funny attacks by some funny guys is to give us a break! i personally thank them for that  Grin
the transfer is working great, i leave in Europe and the direct deposit won't take longer than 5 working days.
Mtgox provides great services  Wink

"killer app" of BTC = MasterCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0Mastercoin(A new protocol layer on top of Bitcoin)
djex

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 06:43:31 AM

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now with CoinCard gone. There are not many options or none at all out there for Canadians to convert BTC to USD or to CND. I used CoinCard to deposit to my paypal and it worked great. Hope there will be an alternative soon.

Smiley  : 1LbvSEJwtQZKLSQQVYxQJes8YneQk2yhE3
TurdHurdur

Activity: 216

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 07:11:48 AM

As a Canadian using PayPal http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6223.0 worked for me.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 12:45:31 PM

No question actually cashing out via mtgox is a pain: it's mtgox to liberty reserve, liberty reserve to some LR buyer, then to actual cash.
You may find it easiest to cash out of MtGox by selling your MtGox USD for PayPal or something else at #bitcoin-otc.
TurboK

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 02:27:13 PM

Don't worry guys, the outcome of all these funny attacks by some funny guys is to give us a break! i personally thank them for that  Grin
the transfer is working great, i leave in Europe and the direct deposit won't take longer than 5 working days.
Mtgox provides great services  Wink
So, direct deposit to bank account (to EUR) at mtgox works right? Thank for confirming - I'll try it out soon.

12zJNWtM2HknS2EPLkT9QPSuSq1576aKx7

Tradehill viral bullshit code: TH-R114411
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 02:49:29 PM

You may find it easiest to cash out of MtGox by selling your MtGox USD for PayPal or something else at #bitcoin-otc.

Exaclty, I have never transfered money in or out to mtgox. I either bought mtgox USD for Paypal, or sold it for Paypal. It works great.

EDIT: Anyone knows how much it is to transfer money from USA to Europe? We are considering adding USD to BitMarket.eu. Would that make any sense for people living in the US?
BitcoinBonus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 11:49:25 AM

I'd suggest people use Venmo.
This payment system has no transaction fees for the consumer, it is funded when people use it with merchants.  I was able to transfer funds from Venmo to my checking account in two days.
Bitcoin Bonus provides 50 cents USD worth of Bitcoin when you sign up for it via the link above and fully complete your Venmo profile, and then Claim your Venmo Bonus by entering in your Venmo username.   (You'll also get a dollar from Venmo).

You also can go social with Venmo and optionally let other people know that you're buying bitcoin, helping promote it, but you can keep your transactions private as well.  Here are some more details from the Venmo website:

Venmo: The story.
Venmo was built by two friends that found it incredibly frustrating to pay each other and their friends back. I'll get you, you get me back hardly ever works out, and eventually the missing cash starts to add up. Venmo was built to solve this problem by allowing anyone with a phone to settle mini debts between friends in person, securely and instantly. But that's not all. Venmo is designed to be social and fun, just like the times you have when you're spending money with your friends. You can share your payments, keep track of the places you're spending money, and leave personal notes with every payment you make. We think of Venmo as the best payment service for friends.
What is Venmo?
Venmo is an iPhone, Android and Blackberry App that lots of people use to pay back their friends. It's completely FREE (no transaction fees) to use, and it makes splitting the bill at a restaurant between a group of friends very easy, and kind of fun. There are plenty of other ways to use Venmo, for example paying your roommates back for living expenses like rent, utilities and groceries, or getting your co-workers back for lunch runs or coffee runs. It's even useful to send friends birthday cash, or other cash gifts instead of writing checks. Whenever a friend owes you money, just use Venmo.
How big is Venmo?
Tens of thousands of people in America use Venmo, and we've processed millions of dollars in transaction volume between friends. And, we're still in Private Beta. That's awesome, right?
What are some ways to use Venmo?
The most frequent use case is splitting up a lunch or dinner bill at a restaurant with 2 or more friends. We've all been there before, one person gets the bill and has to figure out how to collect the money from everyone. Venmo saves the day in this situation. Other ways people use Venmo are to settle living expenses with roommates like rent, utilities or cable; to get money for concert tickets and trips; to pay co-workers back for coffee or lunch runs. Basically, whenever someone owes you money, or you owe someone money, just settle it up with Venmo.
How do I pay someone, where does the money come from?
It comes from a credit card or a debit card that you link to your phone number. Once you signup, we walk you through the whole process, and it only takes a couple minutes.
If I receive money, how does it get into my personal Bank Account?
That's easy. Just setup Direct Deposit when you signup, and we automatically transfer all the money you receive on Venmo into your bank account every two weeks. You can always cash out manually if you'd like, but rolling deposits make it really convenient for you to get your money. To setup Direct Deposit, you need to know your bank's routing number and account number (you can find it on a check from your bank or in your online banking portal), that's all! We designed it this way so you don't have to worry about maintaining an extra balance somewhere.
What banks does Venmo work with?
We've partnered up with all the major banks in the country.
Is Venmo Secure?
Absolutely. Venmo uses Bank Grade Security and 256-bit SSL to encrypt and transmit all of your data. Venmo is also certified by Verisign, the leading SSL provider in world.
Venmo is certified by Verisign
What makes Venmo better than other payment services?
For starters, we're completely free to use and there are no transaction fees when you make a payment.

There are lots of other reasons too:

* Direct Deposit. You can setup direct deposit and we'll automatically transfer any money you receive on Venmo into your bank account every two weeks. You're free with your cash, and we're not trying to earn interest on the float.
    * It's Social. Venmo is the first social payments service. On Venmo, you can share select payments with your friends on Venmo, Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare as a way of telling them what you're up to. This is a fun way to engage with Venmo, and you get to leave comments on shared payments. Don't worry, only friends you explicitly accept can see the payments you share.
    * Realtime Statistics. We give you detailed statistics after every payment you make. This keeps you informed about how much you're spending with your friends, and if you add your location to a payment, we tell you how many times you've visited that place and how much you're spending there.
    * Your Phone Comes First. You can do everything on your phone. That includes signing up, adding your credit card and making your first payment. This makes it so easy to get your friends to use Venmo with you, especially when your hanging out with each other!

How much does it cost to use Venmo?
It's completely free to use Venmo. There are no fees to signup, and there are no transaction fees.
If it's free to use, how does Venmo make money?
While Venmo does not work with any service providers, or businesses right now, it has plans to work with them in the future. There will be standard transaction fees charged to any business that uses Venmo. This will allow Venmo to remain free for friends to use with each other.
How do I get an invite to Venmo?
Just join our waiting list, or ask a friend that's on there to invite you. We're constantly sending out invitations to new users.
I have more questions
Not a problem! Just use our contact form to get in touch with us, and we'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 03:18:05 PM

Checked that venmo, can't sign up =(

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
PiGames

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 04:01:23 PM

Hopefully this Venmo thing gets off the ground.
Interface is pretty simple to navigate and no fees is always an awesome selling point.

-Signed up with your referral link Darrell  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: