Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:53:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS/WTT] 3D Printed---R-Pi Cases---BlackArrow-BB cases---Figurines/Models +MORE  (Read 8643 times)
mstrongbow (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:04:50 AM

DPS2kBB breakout board cases are ready for orders! Please view the recent progress/updates on the cases here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637595.new;topicseen#new

I will update this thread with pics later. It's late and I am about to crash out for the night.
Just ordered 16 of these puppies... can't wait to see them in hand.

Ordering was a breeze, extremely responsive, quick to communicate and get going.

Will for sure post pics once everything's up and running.

Thanks!

Almost done printing this order! Had some setbacks today but nothing major. I will PM you the tracking asap.

I will be replying to all PM's soon, apologies if I have not replied yet. Thanks all!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:52:18 AM

Fresh pics will be posted later this evening. Much better quality too, stoked!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:15:33 AM

Fresh pics where?
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:54:56 AM

Fresh pics where?

scroll up yo...you can compare the new "pro" quality with white background versus the old with the green sheet etc.

*Got LootCrate?*
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:45:42 AM

Fresh pics where?

scroll up yo...you can compare the new "pro" quality with white background versus the old with the green sheet etc.

I scrolled up, nothing...
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:51:53 PM

Fresh pics where?

I scrolled up, nothing...

First page bro...starting here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=694666.msg7844822#msg7844822

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:37:51 PM

More new products coming soon! I also have a 2nd 3d printer on the way so I can up my production and product development, stoked!

*Got LootCrate?*
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:31:51 AM

Nice!
Keep it up the Pi case with the LCD is great.
The fan case works great. 
 Grin

More new products coming soon! I also have a 2nd 3d printer on the way so I can up my production and product development, stoked!

mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:27:53 PM

Nice!
 Grin

Thanks brother! I picked up another LCD so I can tinker with it some more...plus it was fun putting the LCD together.

Snapping pics soon!

*Got LootCrate?*
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:30:28 AM

It will be good to see.
I have to take some pics of mine too.
I just updated MinePeon to test the LCD.  I will run down and see what it looks like and let you know.

Nice!
 Grin

Thanks brother! I picked up another LCD so I can tinker with it some more...plus it was fun putting the LCD together.

Snapping pics soon!

mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:17:33 PM

Just sold 2x DPS2kBB breakout board enclosures to a member from Norway.
Already had the 2 cases printed so they are shipping today!

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:19:18 PM

Woot! Just got payment on an order of 5x R-Box mounts. I will be shipping those NLT (no later than) Saturday Friday.

Snapping some pics in a few and posting some more products (finally!)

FREE 3d printed key ring with ALL new orders!

*Got LootCrate?*
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:23:56 PM

Nice, I am looking forward to the covers for the Bitmain ATX switches as well.
 Cool

Woot! Just got payment on an order of 5x R-Box mounts. I will be shipping those NLT (no later than) Saturday Friday.

Snapping some pics in a few and posting some more products (finally!)

FREE 3d printed key ring with ALL new orders!

kgb2mining

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:39:43 PM

So, finally have a moment to post this.  I got my shipment of breakout board bases recently and have put a couple of these into use so far.  They're very useful, and I am happy to have them.  First off, a finished pic:

There's 2 little critiques of the board holders that I would like to point out - one I think should be able to be fixed easy, the other I'm not sure.

First the easy one.  One of the posts needs to be taken down a little bit.  With the way the solder is done on the breakout board, there's some excess on all my boards, which is causing some bowing of the holder.  It's a little hard to see, but the post in the center of the pic needs to be trimmed (or removed completely) and then the holder sits flush and properly:

The second issue is also solder related.  This one is when trying to slide the breakout board into the holder, the pins for the front breakout row can't get past the corner plastic as shown in the pic.  Now, this is a location for a screw, so I'm not sure if this can be easily rectified, other than clipping the pins/solder on the board itself to make it able to pass:

These issues can be worked around by trying to get the board in from the top instead of trying to slide it in.  However, you just have to be real careful when bending the case to allow the board to sit properly in there, as I've already cracked a few of them by bending too hard (but it still works fine, and dare I say better after cracking it... Smiley  )

My recommendation would be to raise the little "guide" tabs so there's more room to work with when sliding in the board.  Since the board screws in you could probably even remove that feature and allow the board to be inserted from the top without those little tabs, as the screws will hold it in fine and they'd no longer be needed.

Hope this helps, I don't mean to bash them, I really do like them and when I get my next batch of boards I'll be ordering more.
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:26:22 PM

So, finally have a moment to post this.  I got my shipment of breakout board bases recently and have put a couple of these into use so far.  They're very useful, and I am happy to have them.  First off, a finished pic:

There's 2 little critiques of the board holders that I would like to point out - one I think should be able to be fixed easy, the other I'm not sure.

First the easy one.  One of the posts needs to be taken down a little bit.  With the way the solder is done on the breakout board, there's some excess on all my boards, which is causing some bowing of the holder.  It's a little hard to see, but the post in the center of the pic needs to be trimmed (or removed completely) and then the holder sits flush and properly:

The second issue is also solder related.  This one is when trying to slide the breakout board into the holder, the pins for the front breakout row can't get past the corner plastic as shown in the pic.  Now, this is a location for a screw, so I'm not sure if this can be easily rectified, other than clipping the pins/solder on the board itself to make it able to pass:

These issues can be worked around by trying to get the board in from the top instead of trying to slide it in.  However, you just have to be real careful when bending the case to allow the board to sit properly in there, as I've already cracked a few of them by bending too hard (but it still works fine, and dare I say better after cracking it... Smiley  )

My recommendation would be to raise the little "guide" tabs so there's more room to work with when sliding in the board.  Since the board screws in you could probably even remove that feature and allow the board to be inserted from the top without those little tabs, as the screws will hold it in fine and they'd no longer be needed.

Hope this helps, I don't mean to bash them, I really do like them and when I get my next batch of boards I'll be ordering more.

Dude, your feedback is very important to me and thanks for taking the time to post. The base is design to "snap" the board in place rather than slide. First locate the end of the board under the 2 tabs and gently snap the board into place...slight flexing on the PSU mounting ears may be needed. Apologies for not explaning that...I really need to start making videos of how to properly install all my products.

I am sure there is just a bit of variance between the board I used to model and those that you have but making the necc. changes should be a cinch. I will post back up asap.

Thanks so very much bro!

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:50:21 AM

Apologies for my lack of updates...I am out of town helping family but should be back in a few days and I will post updates to my projects asap.
Thanks much!

Happy mining  Cool

*Got LootCrate?*
urbanBTC

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:03:16 AM

Its finally happened... you can prints n 3ds.

Can you prints me a lady robot?  If so what is cost and is it monthlys or lifetime? Is satisfaction guaranteed with my robot?
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:26:49 PM

Its finally happened... you can prints n 3ds.

Can you prints me a lady robot?  If so what is cost and is it monthlys or lifetime? Is satisfaction guaranteed with my robot?

Hmmm, not sure how serious you are being but if you have a source for the .stl files to print, I might could help you out.
Aside from firearms, I can legally print most any object if the price is right  Wink

Just got home last night and will be updating my threads soon.

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:45:27 PM

Bump...

Posting up Antminer PSU jumper switch case info tonight!
https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140731043909819C9CL7qf4064A
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=719267.new;topicseen#new

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:56:15 AM

Antminer PSU Jumper switch cases now available!

More pics and info soon! (order info will be added to the 1st page of this thread) Thanks!

*Got LootCrate?*
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: