Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:07:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TTY] Trinity | SHA + Scrypt + Groestl [Exchanges Now Available!]  (Read 71751 times)
bonifacy

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:46:53 PM

1) Increasing total number of blocks - No!
2) PoS - No!
melwinder

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:05:03 PM

2) PoS - No!
If I may ask, what did you mean by "No!" --- did you mean it as in, don't do it? or did you mean it as, you don't see it in effect right now?
Cause if you don't see it implemented right now, that's because we haven't coded it yet, the increase of number of blocks Or the PoS.
We should be able to get the Proof of Stake implemented within the next 2 months, hopefully less though Smiley
bonifacy

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:42:10 PM

2) PoS - No!
If I may ask, what did you mean by "No!" --- did you mean it as in, don't do it? or did you mean it as, you don't see it in effect right now?
Cause if you don't see it implemented right now, that's because we haven't coded it yet, the increase of number of blocks Or the PoS.
We should be able to get the Proof of Stake implemented within the next 2 months, hopefully less though Smiley

Left more than 1,000,000 of blocks. It's more than 22 months of minning (one block per 1 minute). In my opinion the number of block is sufficient. I don't see reason to increase it. Better concentrate why blocks are mining too fast (please see my previous post).

2) PoS - No!
There are many crypto currencies with PoS implementation. But what for? To keep coins on wallet and wait for interest which are extremely low? I think that keeping coins isn't good for coins. I think that trading is more valuable for coins. I don't see any advantages of PoS. So no. PoS is bad idea. Please do not implement PoS.

It's my opinion. You will do what you want :-)
Voltarius

Activity: 294

Mercurial

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:41:56 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 12:40:16 AM by Voltarius

2) PoS - No!
We should be able to get the Proof of Stake implemented within the next 2 months, hopefully less though

Left more than 1,000,000 of blocks. It's more than 22 months of minning (one block per 1 minute). In my opinion the number of block is sufficient. I don't see reason to increase it. Better concentrate why blocks are mining too fast (please see my previous post).

2) PoS - No!
There are many crypto currencies with PoS implementation. But what for? To keep coins on wallet and wait for interest which are extremely low? I think that keeping coins isn't good for coins. I think that trading is more valuable for coins. I don't see any advantages of PoS. So no. PoS is bad idea. Please do not implement PoS.

It's my opinion. You will do what you want
Hi there!  I'm one of the people that's also helping to work on this coin's re-design, and maybe I can help you understand a little of what we're trying to do.  Not trying to argue with you, just maybe explain things so they make more sense.

1.  The reason we want to increase the total number of blocks after a certain point with a fixed reward of 1 TTY is to continue the security of the blockchain, as well as give miners the chance to still invest in the coin if they don't feel like buying into it.  Many coins have a PoW that ends, and that prevents a lot of people from hopping on board if they don't have the btc to buy into it.  And we are currently working on why blocks are being mined so fast as well, that's why we're planning a difficulty retargeting along with our changes.

2.  The PoS implementation in many coins is not only for staking more coins and rewarding coinholders, but it also serves as additional blockchain security.  However, there are a few aspects of PoS that will still allow versatile coin movement in trading.  We have been discussing not only the PoS percentage, but also the minimum age for coins to mature before they can stake.  I'm not sure if I can go into specifics right now without consent of the main dev, but you will see our plan when it is unveiled.  Just know that it won't be solely based on holding coins - I agree with you.  Too much holding of coins is bad for its market, but if you do it just right it can end up quite nice.

Thank you for your input and your interest!
-Voltarius
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:48:20 AM

Can anyone verify if wallet version 1.0.0.1 is current.

And thanks for reviving the coin.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Voltarius

Activity: 294

Mercurial

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:11:56 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 12:38:28 AM by Voltarius

Can anyone verify if wallet version 1.0.0.1 is current.

And thanks for reviving the coin.
It is indeed.

Thank you for helping support it
Kiritsugu
Legendary

Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:02:31 PM

I love this coin, I've stocked up on a whole lot of it. Smiley
melwinder

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:22:08 PM

I love this coin, I've stocked up on a whole lot of it. Smiley

Thank you! We hope that you enjoy this coin with it's new and upcoming projects we have coming Smiley
TrinityCoin (OP)

Activity: 264

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:33:49 PM

Hey everyone! Glad to see some more interest in the coin. We are starting to evolve into something that could actually have some legs. I would like to make some changes tonight if needed. It seems the issue with faster blocks traces directly back to an error in the difficulty code. I meant to just make it more reasonable for smaller machines, but it appears that I went too far. We really need more hashpower to confirm that, but im fairly sure that the block times would not greatly increase with hashpower alone. I have also noticed a catch that may cut the blocks off at 900k and thats why we are planning on making the change there to 1 TTY. I plan on there being no block cap or perhaps set it at 5,000,000 total blocks. I don't think this will effect the overall supply in the end very much, but that is very difficult to calculate with the random blocks. Either way, we will be well within reason of lower end coin cap territory. Thanks.   

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 08:01:22 PM

Hey everyone! Glad to see some more interest in the coin. We are starting to evolve into something that could actually have some legs. I would like to make some changes tonight if needed. It seems the issue with faster blocks traces directly back to an error in the difficulty code. I meant to just make it more reasonable for smaller machines, but it appears that I went too far. We really need more hashpower to confirm that, but im fairly sure that the block times would not greatly increase with hashpower alone. I have also noticed a catch that may cut the blocks off at 900k and thats why we are planning on making the change there to 1 TTY. I plan on there being no block cap or perhaps set it at 5,000,000 total blocks. I don't think this will effect the overall supply in the end very much, but that is very difficult to calculate with the random blocks. Either way, we will be well within reason of lower end coin cap territory. Thanks.   

Long live the Collective! Non nobis solum sed omnibus.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Kiritsugu
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:30:14 PM

Sounds good to me!  I'm happy to help in any way I can. Smiley
AnonymousCryptoGuy

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:32:01 PM

Having difficulty connecting to the SHA pool with my S3's.  Probably because the initial difficulty is too low.  Any way to have this fixed?
AnonymousCryptoGuy

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:07:06 PM

Having difficulty connecting to the SHA pool with my S3's.  Probably because the initial difficulty is too low.  Any way to have this fixed?
Another VarDiff port added starting on 1024:

stratum+tcp://tty.hashing.in:2222

If you need constant difficulty just let me know, i will add another port with desired difficulty.

Works great, thank you kindly.
Kiritsugu
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:35:18 AM

Wow, that surge in difficulty is lovely!  We went from 500 to 40k!! Cheesy  Nice work everyone!
TrinityCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:20:47 AM

We are moving along now. I am quite enjoying it.

TrinityCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:27:31 AM

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 02:28:19 AM

Smiley Symbol of unity right there!

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
SpecT

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:50:57 PM

Nice Coin  Cool

Trinity Coin --- http://gcpool.eu/p3347/public/

OkCash --- http://okcash.co/

Genesis Mining Discount Code 3.5% Off: OUptk4
TrinityCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:45:49 PM

Nice Coin  Cool

Thanks! Did you download the client? PM me if you did.

SpecT

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:03:32 PM

Nice Coin  Cool

Thanks! Did you download the client? PM me if you did.

You have a PM

Trinity Coin --- http://gcpool.eu/p3347/public/

OkCash --- http://okcash.co/

Genesis Mining Discount Code 3.5% Off: OUptk4
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: