Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:03:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ARCH] Architectcoin ICO on*Bittrex*Wallet just Released! Chat/Exchange!  (Read 22634 times)
bitspender

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:27:28 PM

We are not currently on IRC yet, If you are going to throw accusations without basis at least try to find some truth first. The master key we already implemented has uses if you read the OP you would see that, we are looking into exploring those uses beyond what we have.

"WE ARE SO STUPID"

+1

We are not currently on IRC yet, If you are going to throw accusations without basis at least try to find some truth first. The master key we already implemented has uses if you read the OP you would see that, we are looking into exploring those uses beyond what we have.

And what do you have? A multicolor wallet? Yeah, i'll give you 105.000$ for that one!
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:28:21 PM

I hope the OP and Bittrex are paying attention.

With so many people burned over ICOs gone bad, expect people to be both skeptical and angry, and spread FUD of their own.

Hopefully consider the suggestions of escrow/staggered payouts as needed. I wonder how an ICO would do if a dev simply said, okay, we are taking 35-40K for developer salaries for 6 months to a year, paid out weekly  ... all other funds the exchange holds until needed for coin marketing/purposes only. Strict bookkeeping will be used and public addresses provided.

I expect some folks would still complain, but really it probably would quell most complaints. The only real advantage any ICO coin has over an existing one is the ICO funds. If used properly, its a LOT of money that can be used for marketing, new coin features and listing on various exchanges.

As of yet, I don't think any of the past ICO coins have used their funding for anything besides increasing their dev's bank account.
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:31:26 PM

u must atleast do some fictitious transactions on bittrix to make a little exchange volume  Grin, and perhaps u must close this thread and open a moderated thread so u can delete my posts  Grin + don't drop all premined on ICO otherwise nobody will believe you. Grin
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:38:49 PM

With so many people burned over ICOs gone bad, expect people to be both skeptical and angry, and spread FUD of their own.

Hopefully consider the suggestions of escrow or staggered payouts as needed. I wonder how an ICO would do if a dev simply said, okay, we are taking 35-40K for developer salaries for 6 months to a year, paid out weekly  ... all other funds the exchange holds until needed for coin marketing/purposes only. Strict bookkeeping will be used and public addresses provided.

I expect some folks would still complain, but really it probably would quell most complaints. The only real advantage any ICO coin has over an existing one is the ICO funds. If used properly, its a LOT of money that can be used for marketing, new coin features and listing on various exchanges.

As of yet, I don't think any of the past ICO coins have used their funding for anything besides increasing their dev's bank account.

I use bittrex but no exchange is going to do that. For one you're asking for more time exchange owners don't have in the first place. You mentioned a bunch of icos yet only the failed ones. Curecoin, noirshares, nxt, heavycoin and the latest from btcdrak looks promising. Oh and the viacoin ico funds are over 300 btc and no escrow. So If you don't get your investment back then you do on others. It would appear this icebergcoin was overpriced, and had a mining phase. Did investors think miners hold coins?Huh?

poornamelessme

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:48:18 PM

I use bittrex but no exchange is going to do that. For one you're asking for more time exchange owners don't have in the first place. You mentioned a bunch of icos yet only the failed ones. Curecoin, noirshares, nxt, heavycoin and the latest from btcdrak looks promising. Oh and the viacoin ico funds are over 300 btw and no escrow. So If you don't get your investment back then you do on others. It would appear this icebergcoin was overpriced, and had a mining phase. Did investors think miners hold coins?Huh?

I only mentioned bittrex/polo ran ICOs on purpose. Of course others have done much better, NXT being a prime example. Perhaps I am in the minority, but I feel if an exchange decides to run an ICO, they hold some responsibility as far as how honest the devs are and how the funds are used. Exchanges do make money on these things too, after all, and if an exchange like bittrex evidently wants to run these things over and over, they could simply put an employee in charge of bookkeeping and payouts.

Polo now has guidelines such as these:

Poloniex must have the coins for the ICD upfront.
A plan for how the ICD funds will be used must be submitted.
Poloniex will hold all ICD funds. All withdrawals from the account holding the ICD funds must be approved by Poloniex staff, and must be consistent with the submitted plan. A public ledger will be kept of all withdrawals, including their destination and purpose. Do not expect to make massive withdrawals on the ICD funds account.
An ICD can only be made by an established member of the community.
Identity verification (preferably through a scan of a government issued ID) is required for all users wishing to create an ICD.

Two things stand out. Identification + Polo holds all funds and withdrawals must be approved by staff and consistent with the submitted plan. No massive withdrawals.
The Architects (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:52:01 PM

Hopefully consider the suggestions of escrow or staggered payouts as needed. I wonder how an ICO would do if a dev simply said, okay, we are taking 35-40K for developer salaries for 6 months to a year, paid out weekly  ... all other funds the exchange holds until needed for coin marketing/purposes only. Strict bookkeeping will be used and public addresses provided.

I use bittrex but no exchange is going to do that. For one you're asking for more time exchange owners don't have in the first place. You mentioned a bunch of icos yet only the failed ones. Curecoin, noirshares, nxt, heavycoin and the latest from btcdrak looks promising. Oh and the viacoin ico funds are over 300 btc and no escrow. So If you don't get your investment back then you do on others. It would appear this icebergcoin was overpriced, and had a mining phase. Did investors think miners hold coins?Huh?

Once we add more services to ARCH and and get the community positions filled and people do their best you may not want to cash out immediately, it is of course your choice as well.

Our team is reviewing applications and will have the main positions of Community Manager and Market expert completed in about 48 hours. Hopefully we get at least 3 candidates apiece to have a diverse selection.
There is a possibility that we may need two community managers, this is dependant on need.
Altcoin4life

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:01:13 PM

I use bittrex but no exchange is going to do that. For one you're asking for more time exchange owners don't have in the first place. You mentioned a bunch of icos yet only the failed ones. Curecoin, noirshares, nxt, heavycoin and the latest from btcdrak looks promising. Oh and the viacoin ico funds are over 300 btw and no escrow. So If you don't get your investment back then you do on others. It would appear this icebergcoin was overpriced, and had a mining phase. Did investors think miners hold coins?Huh?

I only mentioned bittrex/polo ran ICOs on purpose. Of course others have done much better, NXT being a prime example. Perhaps I am in the minority, but I feel if an exchange decides to run an ICO, they hold some responsibility as far as how honest the devs are and how the funds are used. Exchanges do make money on these things too, after all, and if an exchange like bittrex evidently wants to run these things over and over, they could simply put an employee in charge of bookkeeping and payouts.

Poloniex will hold all ICD funds. All withdrawals from the account holding the ICD funds must be approved by Poloniex staff, and must be consistent with the submitted plan. A public ledger will be kept of all withdrawals, including their destination and purpose. Do not expect to make massive withdrawals on the ICD funds account.
Identity verification (preferably through a scan of a government issued ID) is required for all users wishing to create an ICD.

Two things stand out. Identification + Polo holds all funds and withdrawals must be approved by staff and consistent with the submitted plan. No massive withdrawals.

In the "real world" I used to own and operate a business, as a start up company I would never agree to a third party holding my funds hostage. Essentially as adults we have to police ourselves and not over spend. Do you think some busy exchange owners should hold your business funds like a parent to a child? I invested in viacoin and will invest in this, at least I know both devs have a shot at innovation.  Poloniex policies have cost them tons of money along with bad calls they made and other mistakes. There is a reason bittrex is becoming the number one alt exchange.

ivorymushtaq

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:18:25 PM

Looks like a good coin, when ICO is going live?
The Architects (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:46:22 PM

Looks like a good coin, when ICO is going live?

We are hoping shortly, awaiting confirmation from Bittrex. We will make a post in the thread and op when it goes live.
coinmonsters

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:58:17 PM

Please see the PM I sent regarding the Architectcoin Community Manager and full time PR/Promoter position.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:03:55 PM

Where do I send the btc?  This coin is going to be big I tell you Big Big Big.  There are all kinds of plans coming up that we can't be told about quite yet.  But wait, big news is just around the corner.  They gonna be rolling out some super duper special features.  Get in on it now.  Sell everything you have and buy buy buy.  We all gonna be rich!  Rich I tell you! Rich Rich Rich!

I can't wait to become a millionaire from my investment in this fabulous coin.

I'm going all in on this one.  It's a winner for sure. 

Where do I send the btc again? 

SecondsOld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:07:06 PM

Where do I send the btc?  This coin is going to be big I tell you Big Big Big.  There are all kinds of plans coming up that we can't be told about quite yet.  But wait, big news is just around the corner.  They gonna be rolling out some super duper special features.  Get in on it now.  Sell everything you have and buy buy buy.  We all gonna be rich!  Rich I tell you! Rich Rich Rich!

lol are you playing around or claiming the hype bounty?
drippx

Activity: 539

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:11:15 PM

You sound like youre the one who created this coin
The Architects (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:15:22 PM

YOU'RE HIRED!! Smiley 
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:41:45 PM

In the "real world" I used to own and operate a business, as a start up company I would never agree to a third party holding my funds hostage. Essentially as adults we have to police ourselves and not over spend. Do you think some busy exchange owners should hold your business funds like a parent to a child? I invested in viacoin and will invest in this, at least I know both devs have a shot at innovation.  Poloniex policies have cost them tons of money along with bad calls they made and other mistakes. There is a reason bittrex is becoming the number one alt exchange.

If cryptos were anything like 'real world' companies, a lot of people would be in jail now. I understand what you are saying, but I was simply offering suggestions as to how to appease a lot of concerns people have. And I should add, rightfully so, after every single ICO run on Bittrex/Polo has tanked, many due to devs walking away with the money.

Personally, I never invest more than I am willing to lose, and didn't invest in Iceberg at all. As for the couple of exchange-run ICOs I did invest in, I got out with profit before they fell apart. So don't take my comments as some sort of 'sour grapes' thing. I simply think Bittrex should use the same guidelines as their main competitor, which probably would make both themselves and those running ICOs more money in the end -- if the devs running the ICO is honest, that is. A dishonest dev can make more money being... well, dishonest.
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:55:48 PM

In the "real world" I used to own and operate a business, as a start up company I would never agree to a third party holding my funds hostage. Essentially as adults we have to police ourselves and not over spend. Do you think some busy exchange owners should hold your business funds like a parent to a child? I invested in viacoin and will invest in this, at least I know both devs have a shot at innovation.  Poloniex policies have cost them tons of money along with bad calls they made and other mistakes. There is a reason bittrex is becoming the number one alt exchange.

Try getting a loan with that kind of "business plan" in the "real world". You will hear the laughter for hours. Now I know an ICO is not a loan, but running a real IPO is far far more complex than getting a loan. Staying anonymous might be slightly problematic, too.

What I am trying to say is: This is not the "real world", it is crypto world. "Real world" standards do not necessarily apply. There have been so many scams and devs that ran away after a week lately, that setting some standards is necessary - in my opinion. I couldnt care less if you or someone else loses some money, but all the scams are hurting cryptoworld in general. That is my concern.

Someone is trying to raise 100.000 USD. We are not talking about a 3% IPO. Verifying his identity to Bittrex should be a minimum standard for running this.
Altcoin4life

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:22:45 PM

People look at ico's like they are any different than buying anything else off an exchange. You buy coins, then you hold/stake or sell coins. Either way I'm still giving my btc to someone and I can't stand most of you...I'd rather pay a coin dev and this one is paying for promotion on every level than some wanker dumping coins on me.
Edit: Oh great viacoin dev is up to $277,000 my shares just shrunk a lot.

When is this thing going live, it just keeps spinning on bittrex? Also where is bittrex they normally give some comments about hosting it.

BTMan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

BTMan

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:24:39 PM

good luck.

ANN Monitor System http://ann.ymq123.com  (chrome Or IE7-IE9)
Donation BTC: 1F4zvgxAqpbCktYp8oKeupjY2oL3JWVFa3      QQ Group: 229207518
ANN监控系统创世帖 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657764.0
The Architects (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:26:13 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 11:54:54 PM by The Architects

Due to community feedback and looking at our 6 month salary requirement and services we have lowered the ICO price per coin to 2800 satoshi. We take the advice from prominent members of the crypto community very seriously and this was suggested to us more than once. The op has changed to reflect this, many have asked when we will be listed on Bittrex and we have messaged them regarding a time frame. As soon as we know, so will all of you. We have received a few more pm's for working with our team, if we do not get a response for a seasoned web developer then we will pay for a professional website instead. The block explorer with rich list is the only bounty that will be paid before the ICO ends, if anyone knows a good third party to make one kindly let us know.

ivorymushtaq

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:37:57 PM

Due to community feedback and looking at our 6 month salary requirement and services we have lowered the ICO price per coin to 2800 satoshi.

Good move! This will make the coin more afforable and hopefully satisfy all those naysayers (seriously, why so much fud in this thread??!).
The ANN looks good to me, If the aim of this coin is to pay back the community, I am in!

Hopefully devs will deliver on their promises...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: