Question: SHA256 or 3?
256 - 7 (25%)
3 - 10 (35.7%)
make another XMR or DRK - 9 (32.1%)
 make Digital Coin 2 - 2 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] FOOL'S GOLD the next BIG crypto  (Read 1706 times)
FoolsGold (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:01:12 AM

I've not decided whether to make this as a SH256 or SHA3 (none of that X shit). But get set for a roller-coaster ride with this baby.

There will be giveaways - not crappy amounts that cannot be sold - but by the block.

I'll also IPO it .... and again, no crappy deals, like when others have handed out coins, I'll hand out blocks, and a lot of blocks for small money.

I aim to make all investors a great return.

Concerning myself, I aim to break even, or even lose a little bit. I have made coins before that have made me money. I don't need any more money. I can afford to lose a bit of money without any affect on my life. If I do want to make money, I'll make WTF?Xcoin, but I'll leave the Xs to the next 100 coins.

I want to add some relief to the altcoin world and your interests will be ahead of mine. Really. Beat the handful of scam-devs responsible for almost all the pumping/dumping coins over the last 3 months.

Keep an eye on this, I'll pop back in soon enough with information.

Unless anyone convinces me otherwise, I'll spec it at 200,000,000 total with 100 coin blocks. I minute blocks (as ever), and a difficulty retarget of less than 10 blocks.

Last, regarding transparency. Everything to be documented, included my probable loss.

I could spend a couple of moths on making an "innovative" coin but innovation means Jack Shit in this marketplace. My only innovation is that I will be the first to produce a coin for the people at the expense of the developer.

More info on its way ... when I get the time :-)

BTMan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

BTMan

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:01:35 AM

i think the SHA3 algo is very good for a coin.

ANN Monitor System http://ann.ymq123.com  (chrome Or IE7-IE9)
Donation BTC: 1F4zvgxAqpbCktYp8oKeupjY2oL3JWVFa3      QQ Group: 229207518
ANN监控系统创世帖 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657764.0
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:05:15 AM

I've not decided whether to make this as a SH256 or SHA3 (none of that X shit). But get set for a roller-coaster ride with this baby.

There will be giveaways - not crappy amounts that cannot be sold - but by the block.

I'll also IPO it .... and again, no crappy deals, like when others have handed out coins, I'll hand out blocks, and a lot of blocks for small money.

Concerning myself, I aim to break even, or even lose a little bit. I have made coins before that have made me money. I don't need any more money. I can afford to lose a bit of money without any affect on my life. If I do want to make money, I'll make WTF?Xcoin, but I'll leave the Xs to the next 100 coins.

I want to add some relief to the altcoin world and your interests will be ahead of mine. Really. Beat the handful of scam-devs responsible for almost all the pumping/dumping coins over the last 3 months.

Unless anyone convinces me otherwise, I'll spec it at 200,000,000 total with 100 coin blocks. I minute blocks (as ever), and a difficulty retarget of less than 10 blocks.

Last, regarding transparency. Everything to be documented, included my probable loss.

I could spend a couple of moths on making an "innovative" coin but innovation means Jack Shit in this marketplace. My only innovation is that I will be the first to produce a coin for the people at the expense of the developer.

Your coin died in the first sentence of post. R.I.P.
FoolsGold (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:11:25 AM

Your coin died in the first sentence of post. R.I.P.

Thanks for the encouragement
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:20:06 AM

by sha3 you mean keccak ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
armin22

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:21:56 AM

im interested xD

Limecoin dev

baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:38:11 AM

im interested xD

Limecoin dev
this guy is Limecoin dev?
FoolsGold (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:38:34 AM

by sha3 you mean keccak ?

Yes, my only concern is that despite there being a line of coins using similar hashing systems (usually the same mixed bag: Keccak;
;Blake, Groestl, et al), people have not taken to them like they could have. It's a shame.

SHA256 is really easy to make in comparison. The technical work is less than 2 hours. Promotion is the time-killer.

FoolsGold (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:53:13 AM

I'll pencil this in for sometime over the next month. Stay tuned. I aim to please, and maybe have a laugh as well.

The coin will take no time, but finding time to familiarise people with it will. If I can achieve something with it, the more time spent in product introduction the better the chance it does well.

(NB- sad not to be able to do a nice Scrypt, but too much fear at the moment about Scrypt Asics .... really, there is nothing to worry about)
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:05:23 AM

Keccak!

Not your keys, not your coins!
AhmedAshraf

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:06:50 AM

Use double Algo Keccak and X11

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:07:37 AM

LEMME GITS SOME
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:13:34 AM

This whole thread reads like a scamcoin satire.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:20:27 AM

I'll pencil this in for sometime over the next month. Stay tuned. I aim to please, and maybe have a laugh as well.

The coin will take no time, but finding time to familiarise people with it will. If I can achieve something with it, the more time spent in product introduction the better the chance it does well.

(NB- sad not to be able to do a nice Scrypt, but too much fear at the moment about Scrypt Asics .... really, there is nothing to worry about)

I'm definitely interested, though I feel this name will act as a handicap.

Use double Algo Keccak and X11

You do realize X11 has keccak in it?

Not your keys, not your coins!
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:26:21 AM

This whole thread reads like a scamcoin satire.
well put
crazyboy1234

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:27:22 AM

I will come here again~ Wink
Chapman Abbott

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:14:05 AM

maybe it will be a good coin
seeseehe

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:29:17 AM

I aim to make myself a great return.  Grin

Whales Need Plankton (FOOD) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=673734.0   PD3NffKxYe9aCAbCQFD6wpH6EwBa5PS56j
FoolsGold (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:08:35 PM

You can catch me on Twitter and make suggestions.

I've been trying to work out logistics of all IPO money invested into cloud mining BTC.

Mine BTC for 6 months with daily profits immediately reinvested. So the stake grows with the difficulty.

At 6 months, anyone holding the minimum IPO amount (call it 0.0025) qualifies for the profit his stake generated over the 6 months period (reinvesting everyday will of course increase the stake held daily, hopefully to keep up with difficulty, or get the better  of it if BTC goes wild again).

The beauty of this is that you can hold, sell, or do whatever you want with your initial stake. IPO investor or Joe Public, you are entitled to the profits proportional to the FOOL you hold at date X.

Doing this would mean I have to premine 100% and destroy leftover coins after the IPO period is finished.

Nobody has done this before, so it would be fun to see how far it can go.
-----

Alternatively, we return to SHA (whatever number), and a more traditional alt venture. This is slightly more boring, but extremey easy to set up.

___

Opinions matter, and call me to task on concerns, transparency and how to ensure this is fair.

Consider it a grand experiment.

Twitter (and follow me) here: https://twitter.com/foolsgoldd
FoolsGold (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:14:16 AM

I'm definitely interested, though I feel this name will act as a handicap.

The name is tongue-in-cheek, and to be honest, it is a bit of a cheeky observation about the altcoins that have been appearing for the past year.

I want this to do well, I'll take feedback, and even a Third party becoming involved to ensure fairness.

I can have a coin up, with the usual rhetoric within 24 hours. It will go nowhere, but it will make me 20 BTC.

Really, I would like this to do well. My advice, for what it is worth, if you think I can make some waves, make a minimum investment, which I will set very low.

If you are wary, watch from the sidelines, and when you feel confident then dip your toes in the water.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: