Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:02:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tea Party explained: a religious movement  (Read 2085 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:02:32 PM

A very interesting post.  It does seem to fit what is happening with the tea party today. Sadly it is turning into a religion of hatred.
Why is it the actual haters are always the first to accuse the other side of hatred?

The reason haters accuse the other side of hate is because they think a lot about hate.
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:10:34 PM

Titus Oates, late in the reign of Charles II, is famed for having ginned up a wild conspiracy of Catholics to assassinate the King and install a regime of "popery" on the nation. His accusations were beyond absurd, Charles himself questioned him and laughed at him as an idiot, but the fears and hysteria of the arch-protestants made them willing to believe anything, no matter how idiotic, due to their fears of Catholicism.

Sound familiar? Look at how the 'baggers today view Washington, with that same ultimate paranoia that makes them willing to believe anything they are fed by the modern day Titus Oates--whether they be the Limbaughs, the Becks, the Fox News, no matter how hysterical or outlandish the accusations get, the fanatics--whether 'baggers or archprotestants, are willing to believe them.

I think the psychology between the 'baggers and the archreligious is the same, the only difference really is the object of their hatred and fear.
That does certainly seem to be the case regarding the mainstream media, some of these folks and their accusations against the tea party movement.  Thanks, Umair.  I didn't think you had it in you to be rational.  Well done.
What you believe as a tea party person and what the national tea party lead by the Kock brothers is totally different than your view.  They are not interested in making this country better for you and me.  They don't give a shit about your freedoms.  Their goal is to make more money for themselves and are more than willing to use the tea party to obtain their goal.  Just as many politicians try and use the church for political gai

The religious right has always been a part of the republican party helping them win elections. Racists have always been a part of the republican party helping them win elections. The rich have always been a part of the republican party helping them win elections

The tea party is the republican base made out to be something different, because hardly anyone defines themselves as being a republican anymore. If you want the tea party to go away then republicans will have to regain power so their base is no longer needed to hold the fort

Republican voters here who think or pretend the tea party is something special, separate from republicans are ignorant, or aware of the plan, as evidenced by the nitwits we see posting here. Rand Paul is the only one who seems different from tea party/ republican, and like his father will be cast aside

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:19:03 PM

Titus Oates, late in the reign of Charles II, is famed for having ginned up a wild conspiracy of Catholics to assassinate the King and install a regime of "popery" on the nation. His accusations were beyond absurd, Charles himself questioned him and laughed at him as an idiot, but the fears and hysteria of the arch-protestants made them willing to believe anything, no matter how idiotic, due to their fears of Catholicism.

Sound familiar? Look at how the 'baggers today view Washington, with that same ultimate paranoia that makes them willing to believe anything they are fed by the modern day Titus Oates--whether they be the Limbaughs, the Becks, the Fox News, no matter how hysterical or outlandish the accusations get, the fanatics--whether 'baggers or archprotestants, are willing to believe them.

I think the psychology between the 'baggers and the archreligious is the same, the only difference really is the object of their hatred and fear.
That does certainly seem to be the case regarding the mainstream media, some of these folks and their accusations against the tea party movement.  Thanks, Umair.  I didn't think you had it in you to be rational.  Well done.
What you believe as a tea party person and what the national tea party lead by the Kock brothers is totally different than your view.  They are not interested in making this country better for you and me.  They don't give a shit about your freedoms.  Their goal is to make more money for themselves and are more than willing to use the tea party to obtain their goal.  Just as many politicians try and use the church for political gai
Really?  Is that why they donated, what was it?  a hundred million to a hospital?  And is that why they donated 25 million to the United Negro College fund?  Because they don't care about anyone's freedoms?  How do you think they made money on just those two donations?

Do tell, please.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:47:56 PM

Tea party groups' suit against IRS moves forward
Tea party groups' lawsuit against IRS over reported extra scrutiny moves forward

CINCINNATI (AP) -- A federal judge has allowed a lawsuit by 10 tea party groups to move forward against the Internal Revenue Service, rejecting a request by the federal government to dismiss all the allegations that the agency subjected conservative groups to additional, often burdensome scrutiny.

In her ruling Thursday, Judge Susan Dlott allowed two of the tea party groups' claims — including that the IRS discriminated and retaliated against them based on their views in violation of their free speech rights — to survive to trial.

The Cincinnati-based Dlott did dismiss a third claim, ruling the tea party groups could not pursue allegations of privacy violations on behalf of their individual members. The individuals themselves have to do that, she said.

Edward Greim, the lead attorney for the tea party groups, said Friday he is pleased the case will move forward.

More details...http://news.yahoo.com/tea-party-groups-suit-against-185614227.html

Despite what one's take on the different tea party groups is (yes there are hundreds throughout the country w/ a few monolithic ones), they were persecuted by corrupt progressive government officials at the IRS and that should speak volumes by itself.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:01:57 PM

Republican voters here who think or pretend the tea party is something special, separate from republicans are ignorant, or aware of the plan, as evidenced by the nitwits we see posting here. Rand Paul is the only one who seems different from tea party/ republican, and like his father will be cast aside

Apparently the Tea Party is special enough to cause 10% of the donors to get audited.  Like me.

This thread has just convinced me to donate to the Tea Party again.

Thanks.

PS.  The Koch brothers, almighty Left effort to make them out as the New Evil Force, are libertarian in orientation.  So if that's evil count me in.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:57:50 AM

Racists have always been a part of the republican party helping them win elections.

Nope, but thanks for playing revisionist history bingo.

http://www.history.com/topics/ku-klux-klan

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:51:35 PM

Racists have always been a part of the republican party helping them win elections.

Nope, but thanks for playing revisionist history bingo.

http://www.history.com/topics/ku-klux-klan

Nice!  Careful their leftist heads may explode.

Then there's this gem: http://www.martindurkin.com/blogs/nazi-greens-inconvenient-history
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:55:09 AM

. Rand Paul is the only one who seems different from tea party/ republican, and like his father will be cast aside
I'm not saying the attacks on him won't come as they catch up to everyone especially when they're booming in the polls closing in on elections. But, he is amassing quite a cast of characters for his national and state staffing positions as well as meeting w/ large donors on a regular basis. Frankly, he's currently in the position Romney was in early on prior to him running this last time. He was well known, got plenty of allies in the party as well as having big donors in his back pocket. Rand has all of that plus a country and a party coming in his libertarian populist direction on many big fronts.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:18:12 AM

Apparently the Tea Party is special enough to cause 10% of the donors to get audited.  Like me.

This thread has just convinced me to donate to the Tea Party again.

Thanks.

PS.  The Koch brothers, almighty Left effort to make them out as the New Evil Force, are libertarian in orientation.  So if that's evil count me in.

yeah, let's just take them for their labels, and cast aside all the shit they've done. that makes a whole lot of sense.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:25:27 AM

The very idea of race is a collectivist notion.

Obsessing about collectives is a weakness shared by racists.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:33:15 AM

Ya, I didn't realize how cool the Koch brothers were until I watched a Chris Hayes (is that the MSNBC liberal dude's name?) hit piece on them telling about their history. Talked about his time in the Libertarian Party, their fight for free market economics, etc.

I used to think they were two rich douches trying to take over Ron Paul's Tea Party movement.

I will still reserve judgement until I do my own research but they don't really affect me so there's no need.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: