Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:32:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anxiety and Weed?  (Read 1221 times)
leex1528 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:08:11 PM

I can't be the only one..

I used to be a heavy Marijuana user...about 10 years ago I smoked and honestly felt like I was having a heart attack.  I am not sure what happened but ever since that day that is exactly how I feel when I smoke it(I obviously quit as it wasn't fun at all)

I just want to know if anyone has experienced this at all?  If so did you quit?  Did you find a cure for this?  Any information would be great.

To add: I never went to the doctor when this happened..I didn't want to say: I used to smoke and it made me feel weird, i feel he would just say to stop smoking....

Thoughts?
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:11:48 PM

Did you smoke it only once...?  It might not of been weed...

Some people get paranoid.. *shrugs*.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:16:40 PM

Did you smoke it only once...?  It might not of been weed...

Some people get paranoid.. *shrugs*.

No, I smoked for about 3 years pretty regularly...One day smoked a little too much...next time I smoked after that, bam couldn't do anything but feel like I was having a heart attack.  Suddenly stopped being "Fun" and started being scary....
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:16:47 PM

some people say this happens to them. shrug.

sativas can heighten anxiety. stick with a heavy indica (eg kush or purple strains) and you may not have this problem.

leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:17:43 PM

sativas can heighten anxiety. stick with a heavy indica (eg kush or purple strains) and you may not have this problem.

I don't even know how to get that stuff now...I have been outta the game way too long...  I was more just curious if it ever happened to anyway and how they coped with it
HarmonLi

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:18:51 PM

I don't even know how to get that stuff now...I have been outta the game way too long...  I was more just curious if it ever happened to anyway and how they coped with it

i had more than one friend tell me they smoked a lot, stopped smoking, tried again and it made them super uncomfortable and paranoid. they just don't smoke at all now.

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 08:22:27 PM

You developed anxiety attacks from smoking. Long story short- It happened to me, and it Can be beaten/overcome. I'm sorry I am very busy right now and cannot elaborate too much at the moment. Will try to update this when I can.

snarlpill

leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:23:41 PM

You developed anxiety attacks from smoking. Long story short- It happened to me, and it Can be beaten/overcome. I'm sorry I am very busy right now and cannot elaborate too much at the moment. Will try to update this when I can.

snarlpill

Cool....I think I did develop it because I smoked way entirely too much one night and ever since then it always does it to me, so I just quit. 

I really look forward to hearing about how you can overcome it...would maybe be interested in trying it again.
HarmonLi

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:32:12 PM

wow, crazy. maybe this happens more often than i thought. i've met two people in my life who this happens to, and virtually everyone i know/associate with does or used to smoke.

Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:01:20 PM

try eating it instead of smoking

i am here.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:05:55 PM

try eating it instead of smoking
Any reason you would say this?

Doesn't eating it make the effects stronger and also longer lasting?

If it's giving you anxiety, best to stop it.
shkiser

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:07:11 PM

All people have different reactions to different varieties of cannabis. On that note, there are 100s of varieties, and prob 10s of thousands of hybrids. I would recommend trying a sativa hybrid, or if you're lucky enough to find a pure sativa try that. If your not familiar with the difference in indica and sativa varieties, check out google.

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:37:38 PM

I used to be a heavy Marijuana user...about 10 years ago I smoked and honestly felt like I was having a heart attack.  I am not sure what happened but ever since that day that is exactly how I feel when I smoke it(I obviously quit as it wasn't fun at all)

I just want to know if anyone has experienced this at all?  If so did you quit?  Did you find a cure for this?  Any information would be great.

To add: I never went to the doctor when this happened..I didn't want to say: I used to smoke and it made me feel weird, i feel he would just say to stop smoking....

Thoughts?

Happened to me, smoked for a couple of years everything good
one time blacked out spazzed out a bit on the floor and since that time couldn't smoke again.. def not the same as usual paranoia from smoking.
I beleive it's classic anxiety attack, and pyschological but it's odd because every time I've tried again I feel the onset of panic straight away even with a TINY amount that would of done nothing previously (before the THC would actually have a chance to do anything) it's like this sudden creeping 'oh shit' moment where you have to just sit things out and convince yourself you aren't having a heart attack and don't need to go to ER..it sounds fucking retarded from a little bit of harmless weed but there ya go. I know it's more common than people think, did google it a while back..

being in a good frame of mind, drinking few beers before smoking and having some distractions helps a little. As guy above mentioned I found eating better. Also another weird thing I found just 2nd hand smoke for some reason actually affects me enough to get mild buzz, which is odd because implies tolerance shot way down.. personallly I found it easier just to stop though cause it wasn't fun anymore

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:49:00 PM

I used to be a heavy Marijuana user...about 10 years ago I smoked and honestly felt like I was having a heart attack.  I am not sure what happened but ever since that day that is exactly how I feel when I smoke it(I obviously quit as it wasn't fun at all)

I just want to know if anyone has experienced this at all?  If so did you quit?  Did you find a cure for this?  Any information would be great.

Thoughts?

marijuana is potent it has to be for the benefit of the user.  You don't need alot especially if the effect of the plant are unknown to you.  Will it make you tired drowsy or anxious.  You have to take this stuff into consideration before you let her rip.  Not all bud is created equal.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 10:51:01 PM

Hypoxia?

Also, Chris Hardwick said he had the same experience with weed.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:11:41 PM

Don't smoke myself but know a few people who do/did.  Have heard a similar story from more than one of my friends in the did category.  When I asked them why they think this was they really didn't have an answer either.  Just know that you aren't alone apparently.

leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:26:42 PM

Weird....I guess I will just continue not smoking it...

Not really sure what else to do....I don't know if it is an "Anxiety attack" or not....but I do know that it isn't worth the trouble of feeling like that because it really sucks!
shkiser

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:38:26 PM

Weird....I guess I will just continue not smoking it...

Not really sure what else to do....I don't know if it is an "Anxiety attack" or not....but I do know that it isn't worth the trouble of feeling like that because it really sucks!

Are you able to get your hands on a sativa strain?

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:39:37 PM

Are you able to get your hands on a sativa strain?

Hi Shkiser,

Honestly I haven't smoked in about 10 years, I don't even know where I can get anything now....and I doubt I know where I could get Sativa(Not even sure what it means)

FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:48:58 PM

I believe the main thing about weed is that it messes with your brain in ways you can barely predict. If you're experiencing issues or discomfort just go see a doctor. If you're afraid, how could he know if you haven't consumed it somewhere legal.
Anyways, just see a doctor please!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: