Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dell.com now accepts bitcoin!  (Read 5577 times)
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:42:29 PM

Well it's nice that bussnies like this one wich is really big is promoting bitcoin with discount, but it sucks that they dump them for fiat :/
They don't have much other options, Bitcoin haven't evolved to that level yet where people won't dump it for fiat. But maybe in future they might like it acquire more and more btc and all the people will be dumping their fiat for btc.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:59:22 PM

I think merchnats will keep on being added almost daily with a big one every two or three months, I just wish the price would rise to reflect this.

Price probably rises as new money enters the into the btc market as a result of more merchants accepting btc. However, price is only important if you use btc as an investment/speculation. In this case for merchant and the mass public using btc as a currency, the price is irrelevant. Stability is more important.

maybe stability is more important, but most people here are only concerned about price.. and that's just the way it works. but i do agree that the price does not necessarily reflect its position.
onlyu

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:58:13 AM

Anyone know if Dell will ship the pc abroad?
sugarfree

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:33:30 AM

DELL is first PC company to accept Bit coin, Lenovo no, HP no, Asus of course no
Rum152

Activity: 147

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:35:55 AM

Well it's nice that bussnies like this one wich is really big is promoting bitcoin with discount, but it sucks that they dump them for fiat :/
They don't have much other options, Bitcoin haven't evolved to that level yet where people won't dump it for fiat. But maybe in future they might like it acquire more and more btc and all the people will be dumping their fiat for btc.
The fact that dell accepts bitcoin will likely cause others to want to invest in bitcoin and bitcoin related businesses

ipnone5only

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:43:27 AM

Dell would have been the last company I thought would accept bitcoin. That's unexpected.
DjPxH

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:43:18 AM

Dell? Whoa, they ARE bigger than Overstock and DISH combined. Is it really just the media hype? Maybe many companies just don't exactly know what do make of bitcoin and decide to better embrace it to avoid missing the train choo choo!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:28:56 AM

I think merchnats will keep on being added almost daily with a big one every two or three months, I just wish the price would rise to reflect this.

Price probably rises as new money enters the into the btc market as a result of more merchants accepting btc. However, price is only important if you use btc as an investment/speculation. In this case for merchant and the mass public using btc as a currency, the price is irrelevant. Stability is more important.

maybe stability is more important, but most people here are only concerned about price.. and that's just the way it works. but i do agree that the price does not necessarily reflect its position.
Merchants do not need to worry about price stability as coinbase and bitpay allow merchants to instantly cash out when they receive a bitcoin payment.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:06:38 AM

Anyone know if Dell will ship the pc abroad?

Not at the moment.

A quote from Dell's CIO:
We wanted to start up with the US base, and from that, we’ll see where we wanted to move next.
The big thing here is being able to be a lot more agile in terms of addressing our customers’ needs.

source:
http://www.coindesk.com/dell-bitcoin-aligns-brand-innovation/
FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:28:49 AM

is it? you think the "mass public" is buying BTC to use it as a currency, as opposed to investment/speculation? i find that pretty unlikely. anyway, stability is no matter to merchants because by and large, they process through Bitpay/Coinbase.
bitboy11

Activity: 534

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:42:28 PM

That's great news!
I like Dell computers and I like Bitcoin! Grin
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:37:13 PM

is it? you think the "mass public" is buying BTC to use it as a currency, as opposed to investment/speculation? i find that pretty unlikely. anyway, stability is no matter to merchants because by and large, they process through Bitpay/Coinbase.
This is not happening yet, but I would argue that it will likely happen in the future when a lot more large merchants start to accept bitcoin and more merchants start to offer discounts for buying with bitcoin
griffoncoin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:59:29 PM

thats good ..
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:04:23 PM

Dell? Wow yeah, almost forgot about them. Are they still a big thing? I always figured they're something for those business people in a suit! Man this really could get bitcoin up to all those CEOs in their fancy skyscrapers! I really should safe some BTC, this rocket might take off any minute!

hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:28:51 PM

Dell? Wow yeah, almost forgot about them. Are they still a big thing? I always figured they're something for those business people in a suit! Man this really could get bitcoin up to all those CEOs in their fancy skyscrapers! I really should safe some BTC, this rocket might take off any minute!

I also got the feeling the rocket is standing at the launch pad and about to take off.

When the ETF will be launched together with all the great news lately there is no doubt we will see a big rally.

I hope it will still take a little while tho so I can buy some more coins while still in the 3 digit zone Roll Eyes
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:34:34 PM

I also got the feeling the rocket is standing at the launch pad and about to take off.

When the ETF will be launched together with all the great news lately there is no doubt we will see a big rally.

I hope it will still take a little while tho so I can buy some more coins while still in the 3 digit zone Roll Eyes

that's what people have been saying for about 2 months now, and nothing has happened. i'm still holding out on hopes, but maybe it will make a run. all i know is that big merchants accepting bitcoin has not resulted in a lot of people buying bitcoin, which explains why it hasn't skyrocketed yet.
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:43:38 PM

Yeah the ETF will be really interesting! Man, some investment vehicle for the people who like to throw money at things! That's exactly what bictoin needs. What is your expectations on when it is ready to hit Wall Street?

Ilsk
Legendary

Activity: 833
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:49:24 PM

Dell is a big player, now let's wait for a bigger one.  Cool
techlover

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:57:44 PM

This is a good news, one day cryptocurrency will become the same as Visa, Master Card as a major payment approach
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 12:24:55 AM

that's what people have been saying for about 2 months now, and nothing has happened. i'm still holding out on hopes, but maybe it will make a run. all i know is that big merchants accepting bitcoin has not resulted in a lot of people buying bitcoin, which explains why it hasn't skyrocketed yet.

It will take some time, all this good news results in Bitcoin's image turning from "silk road drug currency" to something more legitimate. This doesn't mean that people new to Bitcoin hear that Dell is accepting bitcoins immediately start buying them.

They might read a little about it, they find out that it's a lot more complicated than you would think at the first glance, then they might buy some to test it out like everyone does, then they get hooked, tell their friends etc. etc.

Yeah the ETF will be really interesting! Man, some investment vehicle for the people who like to throw money at things! That's exactly what bictoin needs. What is your expectations on when it is ready to hit Wall Street?

I think price-wise we will see a top around 4k-5k, maybe higher maybe lower.

However I do think the chance of going higher than 5k will be higher than going lower than 3k if you look at previous rallies. Ofcourse historical data isn't everything but we have seen in the past that when the price is rising fast people will panic buy to not miss out, even if the price is already unsustainably high.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: