Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:29:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 2013 Casascius 0.5 "Half" Bitcoin "Right off the Roll" Make ANY offer!!  (Read 4266 times)
wafdawg

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:21:28 PM

I can't wait to get my first coins in and send them off to have them graded.  Yankee was excellent to work with.  Hopefully, he will want to buy one of my new MS-70 2013 Casascius 0.5 when I get it back from ANACS  Grin .

I will buy all your MS-70's for sure!

Maybe ICG MS70 but not ANACS MS70 Tongue

I am a complete noob so don't hate when I ask: what's the difference? ICG has higher requirements?

Actually the opposite.  Coins that I've never seen in MS68s and 69s from ANACS, I've seen in those grades from ICG. 

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
firejuan

Activity: 256

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:43:06 AM

I can't wait to get my first coins in and send them off to have them graded.  Yankee was excellent to work with.  Hopefully, he will want to buy one of my new MS-70 2013 Casascius 0.5 when I get it back from ANACS  Grin .

I am a complete noob so don't hate when I ask: what's the difference? ICG has higher requirements?

Actually the opposite.  Coins that I've never seen in MS68s and 69s from ANACS, I've seen in those grades from ICG. 

I am new to coins as well so thanks for the information. I am staying away from EBay (for now) and sticking with tusted members here for coins. I have done some research on them so I am not a complete neophyte, but have much more to learn. I think this could be the start of a bad habit.

I know I am not a legit collector until I get a 2011 error which I am working on.

elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:34:42 AM

I can't wait to get my first coins in and send them off to have them graded.  Yankee was excellent to work with.  Hopefully, he will want to buy one of my new MS-70 2013 Casascius 0.5 when I get it back from ANACS  Grin .

Actually the opposite.  Coins that I've never seen in MS68s and 69s from ANACS, I've seen in those grades from ICG.  

I am new to coins as well so thanks for the information. I am staying away from EBay (for now) and sticking with tusted members here for coins. I have done some research on them so I am not a complete neophyte, but have much more to learn. I think this could be the start of a bad habit.

I know I am not a legit collector until I get a 2011 error which I am working on.

To learn more about Casascius coins, I invite everyone to read my ebook categorizing them all; its very educational. it is found at www.coinfirm.org (free). Yankee himself helped me out with it.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:54:22 PM

EDIT 2 - The second 10 boxes from Jul 21st - Jul 24th were shipped yesterday, you should all have tracking in your inbox!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 05:00:14 PM

i have seen one guy selling that coin at our local ad site. he wanted 1000€ for it, but there was one full bitcoin loaded on it. I don't get it why is it so highly wallued if you can buy bitcoins for like 600$ and put them on a paper or special plastic for 5$ or you can also put it on an USB stick or whatever you preffer.

Bitcoin is DEAD
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:13:13 PM

i have seen one guy selling that coin at our local ad site. he wanted 1000€ for it, but there was one full bitcoin loaded on it. I don't get it why is it so highly wallued if you can buy bitcoins for like 600$ and put them on a paper or special plastic for 5$ or you can also put it on an USB stick or whatever you preffer.

Look up Numismatics...  This is not just about Bitcoin, but historical items related/containing bitcoin.

Numismatics is the study or collection of currency, including coins, tokens, paper money, and related objects.

Same reason old, original government issued coins and notes are worth more than the face value printed on them.  Historical significance, rarity, and collector demand are what makes them highly valued.

Here is a good explanation for the collectible historical value related to the original Casascius Coins:

The story of Casascius coins tracks bitcoin very nicely; from inception as a conversation piece to production-termination due to regulatory aggression... It takes that sort of history to create lasting numismatic value. Fundamentally, "collector value" makes no practical sense; it's our human nature in seeking ties to the past and continuity (and therefore mementos) that drive it.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:11:29 PM

Anyone feel the numismatic value could be impacted (negatively) if everyone who has these coins treats them as collectible? A part of the reason old fiat currency can be valuable is because there only so few (out of the original population) that remain in existence.

Maybe we should stop talking about Casascius coins so people just use them, spend them, handle them and thereby make our pristine copies more valuable.

djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:13:54 PM

Anyone feel the numismatic value could be impacted (negatively) if everyone who has these coins treats them as collectible? A part of the reason old fiat currency can be valuable is because there only so few (out of the original population) that remain in existence.

Maybe we should stop talking about Casascius coins so people just use them, spend them, handle them and thereby make our pristine copies more valuable.

Go for it!!!   Grin

Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:16:10 PM

Go for it!!!   Grin

Ok, from now on we agree to get people to spend Casascius coins like we try to get anyone to use BTC. None of us will set the example, of course, but keep the chatter to a minimum.

Great. See you all in 20 years when we're the only ones with these good coins left.

elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 02:39:18 AM

Ok, from now on we agree to get people to spend Casascius coins like we try to get anyone to use BTC. None of us will set the example, of course, but keep the chatter to a minimum.

Great. See you all in 20 years when we're the only ones with these good coins left.

Hehe, I think the time for that has passed. It is important to realize that it DID happen; but they say, 'a month is years in Bitcoin'. When the coins came out, they were worth about $5 each and many people gave them as casual gifts, gave them to a friend in return for buying lunch, kept them in their wallet with other coins as a curiosity, etc. over half of some coins have been redeemed, mostly being done early on. That time is now passed, and what is left will only increase in value.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 02:52:06 PM

Just got my coin yesterday, looks great but there is a very visible nick on the BTC!? Will upload the pictures soon...
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 06:24:17 PM

Hehe, I think the time for that has passed. It is important to realize that it DID happen; but they say, 'a month is years in Bitcoin'. When the coins came out, they were worth about $5 each and many people gave them as casual gifts, gave them to a friend in return for buying lunch, kept them in their wallet with other coins as a curiosity, etc. over half of some coins have been redeemed, mostly being done early on. That time is now passed, and what is left will only increase in value.

Well, that's encouraging to hear because I wasn't aware of bitcoin until late 2012 and born again bitcoin until this year. I'm big on getting in after the bull market, ha ha.

The only thing that discourages me with the idea of people having used these coins is the the high number that remain active compared to the original mintage. That said, I'm sure a healthy amount of the 1 BTC denominations were tossed in a coin dish or drawer and forgotten about.

I think Casascius coins are going to re-define the value of errors. It's going to be fun to watch, errr spend them all cause they're just novelties.  Wink

Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 06:28:25 PM

And according to Melbustus the amount that remain active is more like 80% (not half).

www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius

elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 07:37:14 PM

And according to Melbustus the amount that remain active is more like 80% (not half).

www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius

of coins, yes. there are ome varieties of bars with 50+% or moe redemption rate

wafdawg

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:16:31 PM

Received my coins too. Thanks.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
firejuan

Activity: 256

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 01:42:05 PM

My coins look great. Thanks for working with me while waiting on my BTC deposit.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:58:44 PM

In september I bought a roll of coins and some asics. In under a year the coins have doubled in value and the asics have led to a 7TH+ farm.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:06:59 PM

In september I bought a roll of coins and some asics. In under a year the coins have doubled in value and the asics have led to a 7TH+ farm.

I feel you there...I keep buying physicals and miners too!  I wonder when Bitcoin Anonymous will start up and help us folks with our addictions  Undecided
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:12:41 AM

I feel you there...I keep buying physicals and miners too!  I wonder when Bitcoin Anonymous will start up and help us folks with our addictions  Undecided

Theres a day in my life Ill never forget.

I had a roll of 60x 2011 error coins, back in 2012. This was back when Bitcoin was around $13.

These coins were literally hanging around our office, on everyones desks, we'd give them away, throw them around, whatever

We were moving offices and for some reason I peeled off the hologram of EVERY coin and redeemed the private keys I dont know why I did it. I may have been in a mood to condense my Bitcoin into 1 spot and I literally sat there for two goddam hours redeeming those coins.

I felt so satisfied after, like 'Yes, now my Bitcoin is all in a wallet together'

FML

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:16:42 AM

We were moving offices and for some reason I peeled off the hologram of EVERY coin and redeemed the private keys I dont know why I did it. I may have been in a mood to condense my Bitcoin into 1 spot and I literally sat there for two goddam hours redeeming those coins.

Oh my.
I'm so sorry..

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: