Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to build your own Multipool - the Open Source Way  (Read 35411 times)
appooler

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:46:02 AM

Satoshi releaed the bitcoin client opensource, quit charging people a bitcoin to set them up a multipool and quit trying to screw everyone over.

That's what I'm talking about, well said.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goodluckpool

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:48:50 AM

updates?
i will update this thread a bit later tonight
for a sample one of these pools check out BTCDPool.com
every 10 minutes it liquidate all the earning coins and continually applies buy pressure on bitcoindark at cryptsy and poloniex.
it's even mining every possible profitable SHA altcoin (including PPC, which up until today I never figured out how to get working with NOMP)

i will post a link to a zip of the entire pool tonight

plz update your article. It is good.
GoldBit89

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

Its all about the Gold

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:19:55 AM

Satoshi releaed the bitcoin client opensource, quit charging people a bitcoin to set them up a multipool and quit trying to screw everyone over.

That's what I'm talking about, well said.

+1 to both

This is so totally awesome. Thank you for posting this information and being brave enough to do it. Its time the dirty multipool mining operators are exposed.  Wink

FTC  6nvzqqaCEizThvgMeC86MGzhAxGzKEtNH8 |WDC WckDxipCes2eBmxrUYEhrUfNNRZexKuYjR  |BQC bSDm3XvauqWWnqrxfimw5wdHVDQDp2U8XU
BOT EjcroqeMpZT4hphY4xYDzTQakwutpnufQR |BTG geLUGuJkhnvuft77ND6VrMvc8vxySKZBUz |LTC  LhXbJMzCqLEzGBKgB2n73oce448BxX1dc4
BTC 1JPzHugtBtPwXgwMqt9rtdwRxxWyaZvk61  |ETH 0xA6cCD2Fb3AC2450646F8D8ebeb14f084F392ACFf
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:21:33 AM

Really thanks for that enhancements - will try to include pie-charts & worker feature in my new pool.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
omgbossis21

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:41:31 AM

Great thread!  Subscribed!
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:25:30 PM

One important thing is to let the miner chose his own difficulty via "d=XXX" as pwd. Is this already build into NOMP?
hammo

Activity: 493

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:44:31 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 05:56:51 AM by hammo

Anybody going through and setting one of these bad boys up?

Yep, acutally was actually going play with this on the weekend. Thanks heaps for sharing. My thoughts on multipool has changed in recent weeks.

If you can't beat 'em then join 'em or try to out pace 'em Smiley

NB: This is important work because having a distributed coin relies on having a distributed network. More pools and/or multipools the better for the network.
jk9694

Activity: 274
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:59:56 PM

So any idea what is causing this error?

TypeError: Cannot call method 'toString' of undefined
    at resolveDefs (/home/james/nomp/node_modules/dot/doT.js:52:55)
    at Object.doT.template (/home/james/nomp/node_modules/dot/doT.js:90:33)
    at /home/james/nomp/libs/website.js:84:33
    at fs.js:207:20
    at Object.oncomplete (fs.js:107:15)

I did notice to that in the section where you have the code for stats.js it appears to that you are wanting us to create a new website.js.  I did that and removed the code from stats.js

[/code

Delete the stock website.js file as well, make a new one:
/code]
jk9694

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:43:37 PM

Note to self, do not incorrectly name the html files.
jk9694

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:21:45 PM

So a couple of things I am not seeing here, maybe I am missing it.

1. How should the miners connect?  Do they use their payout address for the target coin when mining all coins? (I am assuming yes)

2. I have not seen any code that gets the exchange to send the coins back to your target wallet.  This is still part of the still to come or is that a manual operation for the pool operator?

3. If a shift is sent to an exchange I am assuming that the payout just fail until there is enough funds in the wallet of the target coin to payout what is owed?

Really liking what you are doing so far.

J
paradigmflux (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 11:25:00 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 12:00:12 AM by paradigmflux

WHOOPS
i let OVH suspend BTCDPool.com accidently due to an outstanding balance.
i will pay it today and once it is reactivated i will make an archive of the entire pool's files and upload it somewhere.

in return for this, i will ask each of you to go to an exchange and buy some bitcoindark and hold onto it. Smiley
and if you find it useful, to consider making a donation! I won't try and blackmail coins out of anyone for any of this info though.

donation addresses:
Bitcoindark (BTCD) - RRuXHtWdGFE95BSDjfPZNEfRhn9XKfHqky
Bitcoin (BTC) - 1ALLcKCwUrQCQ9XPkxwv2pKstyau9XogpV
Litecoin (LTC) - LTWwzpPhdHD9KzDcGh4SfkfiKPbFiSoAVV

check out what the latest "my miner" reports look like:
http://hashrate.org/miner/8896310590202454791

PS thanks for the JQ info - I'm happy somebody is actually looking at this and deriving some value from it. Smiley

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
jk9694

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:53:54 PM

No worries, just lending a hand here.

Also, you may want to note the dependency upon "jq" for the shell scripts that get the coin info from the exchanges.  For an updated ubuntu 12.04 it is just apt-get install jq

No need to change or add repos like the jq sites says.

J
paradigmflux (OP)

small fry

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 12:04:22 AM

So a couple of things I am not seeing here, maybe I am missing it.

1. How should the miners connect?  Do they use their payout address for the target coin when mining all coins? (I am assuming yes)
yes, that is exactly what they do.
2. I have not seen any code that gets the exchange to send the coins back to your target wallet.  This is still part of the still to come or is that a manual operation for the pool operator?
i haven't included any of the exchange-side code yet.  it supports withdrawals from cryptsy, at least.  bter and mintpal and poloniex require manual withdrawals by the pool operator.  having a healthy reserve of the target coin sorta mitigates this a a big issue, though.  it does support automated withdrawals as long as the pool's wallet address is added as a trusted withdrawal address within cryptsy.
3. If a shift is sent to an exchange I am assuming that the payout just fail until there is enough funds in the wallet of the target coin to payout what is owed?
the payout script actually is triggered by another script i have (which first of all estimates the amunt of the payout, then checks the local daemon and verifies that enough is present to cover the payout.  If there is not enough it will try and withdraw from cryptsy, if there is still not enough it will log an error in a log file.  I still mean to set it up so that it can notify the op via SMTP at that point.
Really liking what you are doing so far.

J
thanks very much man!
i plan on eventually trying to document all of this stuff
the best way to understand lots of this stuff is just fire up a basic nomp pool
run redis-server and run the command 'monitor' and just watch how NOMP interacts with the various redis values.  there really needs to be tons of documentation created around that sort of stuff, then how my modifications alter all that.  i will try and get it done eventually ,but I'm also in the process of setting up a big (well, relatively, ~100th) sha community-owned mine that will pay out solely in NXT. Smiley

---
jk9694

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:14:28 AM

Cool and thanks for the information here.  I will keep plugging along with this initial setup and look at some of these items.  Personally my group of miners and I have decided to only deal with cryptsy.  Do you have anything to share yet around that exchange and pulling funds back out to the wallet?

I may look at doing a payment process as a complete replacement for what is in NOMP now.

If you like I can add info here on the basic setup as well from what I am going through.  Don't mind contributing at all.

Looks like we have a common goal here, im doing the same for TEK...
Lima99

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:46:46 AM

Thank you for this guide, this is exactly what I was looking for so I can setup a multipool ones CapitalCoin becomes PoS only.

paradigmflux (OP)

small fry

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 12:48:08 AM

By setting the payout limit to all 9s it effectively kills the momp payouts from ever triggering.  I pretty much have the whole thing rewritten, I just use the momo code to calculate the per miner coin earnings for the various alts.

Ps I mean it guys, please go buy some bitcoindark. If each of you did, we would all be rich. Smiley

---
iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:50:45 AM

Thanks for this post bud. Much appreciated
jk9694

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:07:43 AM

Stats are looking good man, trying to work through all this myself to do the same for TEK.
jk9694

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:26:25 AM

WHOOPS
i let OVH suspend BTCDPool.com accidently due to an outstanding balance.
i will pay it today and once it is reactivated i will make an archive of the entire pool's files and upload it somewhere.

in return for this, i will ask each of you to go to an exchange and buy some bitcoindark and hold onto it. Smiley
and if you find it useful, to consider making a donation! I won't try and blackmail coins out of anyone for any of this info though.

donation addresses:
Bitcoindark (BTCD) - RRuXHtWdGFE95BSDjfPZNEfRhn9XKfHqky
Bitcoin (BTC) - 1ALLcKCwUrQCQ9XPkxwv2pKstyau9XogpV
Litecoin (LTC) - LTWwzpPhdHD9KzDcGh4SfkfiKPbFiSoAVV

check out what the latest "my miner" reports look like:
http://hashrate.org/miner/8896310590202454791

PS thanks for the JQ info - I'm happy somebody is actually looking at this and deriving some value from it. Smiley

Heck, you get me through setting this up with an auto send and an auto withdrawl for TEK just on cryptsy alone and i will send you .333 BTC.....
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:42:12 AM

Watching with interest  Smiley

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: