Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:50:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SNIFF] Quarkcoin - The truth about this coin  (Read 7047 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sr.machado (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Twitter: @leandrogmachado

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:58:51 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 10:16:07 PM by sr.machado

After a user request, I’m here to scan the Quarkcoin source and blocks to sniff if have ninja, scam, hide, premine or other things on the source and on the block explorer.

Remember that this service is free!
I'll accept donations but do not try to say that is bribe, or you think that people that find ninjas and developers need be a beggar?

First:
Forgive me if I use a wrong word, slang or maybe I saw words non understandable, but I’m Brazilian and my English knowledge is very poor!  Grin

Second:
The time to make this article is very long because my computer and internet is very bad, repeat I use a Dell Vostro 1520 and my internet connection have just 1mbps!

I read this posts with some accusations:
http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/368/auditing-block-chain
http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/339/looking-bill-stills-quark-donations
http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/1411/exchange-bought-000-worth-quark

I have a conclusion, but let’s see if we can change this conclusion with some code interpretation?
I’ll explain after proof with Code Data and Block Explorer what I find and what Bitcoin have too!
OK?

While I write this article my blockchain of Quarkcoin are 44 weeks ago and updating, but I can work on BlockExplorer of Quark that is online!

The first thing that we need to scan is the source-code ok?
Let’s see!

The subsidy return only text on MAIN.CPP file and now we go to see what he said!

CODE COMMENT 001:
Code:
static const int64 nGenesisBlockRewardCoin = 1 * COIN;
Said that the Genesis Block Reward will be of 1 COIN (Integer)!

Code:
static const int64 nBlockRewardStartCoin = 2048 * COIN;
Said that Block Reward of Quark will be 2048 (Integer too) until the last block!

Finally the last Variable said that minimum coin generated by a block is 1 QRK (Integer too)!
Code:
static const int64 nBlockRewardMinimumCoin = 1 * COIN;

Now we conclude that ALL Blocks mined are of 2048 QRK and you can see at they blockexplorer!
Let’s see:

Yes, ALL blocks on the Quarkcoin have 2048 Coins except the GENESIS BLOCK that have 1 COIN!
The source-code are clean of SHIT, NINJA, HIDE, PREMINE, SCAM and the blockexplorer is not modified!
So, why this guys put this address of admins, developers like they are scamming people?

I have a brief explanation to give:
When a people make a coin that not have premine, IPO, etc. This guy have 4 options to make profit:
1-   Donations;
2-   Fee on Official pools, webwallets, exchanges;
3-   Mining;
4-   Services!

So, maybe this guy have mined when the diff was low and have more money that other people, I have a friend that is owner of 330 GPU on Argentina, he have a Mining Group that have others GPU and on a coin named XXX he mine 2.5% of total supply, they are scammers too?

Let’s see the Bitcoin blockexplorer too?

BTC EXPLORER:

BTC EXPLORER:

BTC EXPLORER:

So let’s see this address of Bitcoin:
1CjPR7Z5ZSyWk6WtXvSFgkptmpoi4UM9BC

Now to finish this article:

The accusations posted here http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/339/looking-bill-stills-quark-donations
Are explained by this image:

NOTE: This calc are ok? Please If I'm wrong, correct me! This calc have this variable:

BLOCKS MINED + TRANSFERS!

So, they do not have NINJA and PREMINE, I can proof forking the coin or with blockexplorer!

COMMENT 002
So, before make accusations see the possibilities! This coin receive my seal that is secure and clean. The amount that Admin, Developer or team have after people mine the first block do not makes it unsecured, scam or other things that is demoralizing,  because maybe the team of coin are mining too, receive donations or other things.

NOTE: If I’m wrong about any things will be pleasure fix when a people proof my error! I’m not “OWNER OF THE TRUTH” but I’m working to sniff and find scam coins.

BTC: 1LeandroRqTJf4stf2uD3TeYDszenqNHfz
Bitcoin protocol consultor

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:53:37 PM

LOL, yeah I have a large bag I bought for 21-50 satoshi each.

Looks like Quarkcoin IS a good long term investment.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
quarkcheck

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:56:36 PM

That is so awesome sr.machado, quark communities are so honoured to have your seal. You Rock <3
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 08:58:09 PM

Thanks for doing this !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:01:25 PM

Yes thank you Smiley

To the foothills!

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:19:34 PM

Thanks for doing this !

You mean thanks for accepting my bribe.

He doesn't strike me as the type that would soil his reputation by taking bribes to give a false report.
Quite a lot of scamcoins he can make money from by exposing, what would motivate him to dirty his rep now?

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:31:52 PM

Thank you very much Sr. Machado! Glad to receive your seal of approval:)

We welcome trollers to challenge or try different angles to disprove you, as this will be the natural course of things in the process of clearing Quarks name once and for all! Grin

Meantime, if you want to post your official QRK address here(or let me know if we can use the one from Twitter), and I will post it as the official donation address on my OP thread on Reddit--

Thank you again:D

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
Polycoin

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:39:04 PM

Ok Thanks.

So that means, Quarkcoin has a Premine of 40million coins, a Instamine of 20million coins, and a Hidden InstaminePremine of 100million coins  Shocked Shocked? Wow, that sucks, thanks for letting us know to never buy Quark though!

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
sr.machado (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:39:32 PM

We welcome trollers to challenge or try different angles to disprove you, as this will be the natural course of things in the process of clearing Quarks name once and for all! Grin

Meantime, if you want to post your official QRK address here(or let me know if we can use the one from Twitter), and I will post it as the official donation address on my OP thread on Reddit--

Thank you, remember that this service is for free, If the community want to donate I'll accept and be happy!

BTC ADDRESS: 1Nz8kcPrUYVcqdqUBWVcbqMg6SdbkeuPsE

QRK ADDRESS: QV1H1HqsXF3PYctfNtdTr2NuqCaEZNz22k

sr.machado (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:41:12 PM

Ok Thanks.

So that means, Quarkcoin has a Premine of 40million coins, a Instamine of 20million coins, and a Hidden Instamine of 100million coins? Wow, that sucks, thanks for letting us know to never buy Quark though!

where you find this text?

BTW:

Polycoin

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:42:18 PM

Ok Thanks.

So that means, Quarkcoin has a Premine of 40million coins, a Instamine of 20million coins, and a Hidden InstaminePremine of 100million coins? Wow, that sucks, thanks for letting us know to never buy Quark though!

I dug some further digging, and I saw Quark has a Hidden Premine of 100million coins.

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
sr.machado (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:44:19 PM

Ok Thanks.

So that means, Quarkcoin has a Premine of 40million coins, a Instamine of 20million coins, and a Hidden InstaminePremine of 100million coins? Wow, that sucks, thanks for letting us know to never buy Quark though!

I dug some further digging, and I saw Quark has a Hidden Premine of 100million coins.

WHERE?

Can you proof?

I can proof who is you:

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:48:45 PM

not hearing anything us "older" users here didn't know already.. but good job guy Smiley

a key aspect new lippy brats don't realize is that this coin stuff has been an evolution
and you can not condemn a guy for not making a perfect coin way back in time.. it's a learning process making coins !

I still have some Cryptobits which was made by request of a well known dev (for who exactly i don't know) but it never took off..
point being is CYB had some newer features to it no other coin had..i am not an expert on it but i was told by the guy that made it.
The way it was made was to be more resistant to flash mining i think sort of.
I can't recall what the dev said to me word for word about it and i don't want to get it wrong though lol

IS the intentions and actual code of a coin designed and intended from the start to be unfair in some way ? that is what we need to ask !
Which brings me back to me previous point.. HISTORY and Evolution
It was common for coins to be made way back that were easy to flash mine and have large rewards put out in a short time.
The typical new coin would get an average response from the public and by that i mean how much hash power we all put into the new coin..
THEN Take something like Prime coin or Quark coin and we had some new coin that was seriously different than the usual scrypt algo clones we got..
This will cause a sudden and mostly unexpected massive surge of hash power to be put on these new innovative coins !
And i really don't think the Quark dev or Prime coin dev etc fully realized how popular and how fast their coin would get
and they probably underestimated how to modify the coins block rewards to pay out more at a gradual slower pace..
Users in crypto are ALWAYS trying to find a way to game the system.. and who is to blame for that ?
In quark's case it was us the users !
Quark coin exploded in popularity over night and we all of sudden had a new scene popping up at that time taking off..
Mining Server rentals.
This was never much of a thing before Prime or Quark etc..
But since those two coins were CPU mined only it spawned a new industry.. The CPU Botnet ..and people renting them.

I can't even think of another coin off hand back then that was CPU mined only.. only Prime coin and Quark come to mind.
So think about it.. that is the holy grail of a new coin.. a super "feature" of sorts LOL
It attracted a crowd on launch and was hit as hard as we possibly could.

So did that result in too many coins being mined ? maybe a little i don't know.. ask the Quark dev, it was his vision and goals for initial distribution.
I do know that Securecoin was soon after put out mimic'ing Bitcoins block reward distribution model / block reward etc
and that too got hit hard by us all with Botnets etc.. and those botnets to this day are STILL pounding SRC hard LOL

Back then when Quark came out i was making a few coins but the difficulty rocketed up so fast i was soon unable to even get single share submitted on a pool.
BOTNETS had taken over squeezing us little guys out..
I soon went to Secure coin and the same thing happened.

So i was an early investor and miner (about 2 weeks after release i think)
and made little and i also sold early too ! ..long before Max Keiser came into the picture or noobs flooded us with bs and drama and fud'ing

Anyway i think Quark and Secure coin were released fairly ..i was here on day one for both.
And not one single person on hundreds of forum pages complained about the coin(s) or on chat boxs etc.
i never seen a complaint until December 2013 roughly when noobs showed up trying to FUD quark.. AFTER the M. Keiser drama.
saying it was flashed mined and unfair or it was premined (a bold face lie)
It kind of was flash mined but all coins are and the top 3 most innovative and popular coins are going to be hit harder than normal.. it's natural.

What happened ? were coins unfairly distributed ? i think not.. most of us got in early and dumped early..
Quarks prices were bad for ages and it rocketed up in value with every other coin NOV 2013 when noobs rushed in.

They also got fed some drama from Max Keiser hyping it and that bloated the value up.. those guys then either made money on the hype or sold later at a loss.
and are NOW FUD'ing the coin and making shit up about it.. probably because they sold at a loss and got swept up in hype. (sorry but learn to trade morons)
There has a been a lot of attacks on the reputation of this coin unfairly !

There is also nothing wrong with Max Keiser hyping the coin or Bill taking donations or what ever..
If there was a shred of proof in any way shape or form of any immoral or wrong doing with any of these guys i would say so in a hear beat !
And everyone in Crypto knows it too LOL
I would take no prisoners.. and i would trash the damn coin for eternity.. whether i had some of them or not.. Facts are facts !

There is a lot more to the story than a few lines of source code.
And i will stress again..
why is it after maybe a few thousand comments not one single guy was found to be crying scam or unfair before Dec 2013 roughly ?
Why ? Because there was nothing to complain about period .

FUD first & ask questions later™
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:58:11 PM

Thank you, remember that this service is for free, If the community want to donate I'll accept and be happy!

BTC ADDRESS: 1Nz8kcPrUYVcqdqUBWVcbqMg6SdbkeuPsE

QRK ADDRESS: QV1H1HqsXF3PYctfNtdTr2NuqCaEZNz22k

Thank you very very much Sr!! I will post this on my OP on Reddit--

By the way, it didn't take very long for the trollers to come did it, lol?!!!.

Well we will certainly welcome legitimate challenges and hopefully the people who troll just for the sake of trolling will simply go away:)

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:03:25 PM

I think the OP is legit and honest.. he has my support Smiley

Good job verifying the code.. it's a time consuming boring pain in the ass i think.
It would take a LOT for me to go to that much trouble.. i am faaaar to lazy hahha

This topic = Spoetnik Approved

FUD first & ask questions later™
sr.machado (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:04:32 PM

not hearing anything us "older" users here didn't know already.. but good job guy Smiley

a key aspect new lippy brats don't realize is that this coin stuff has been an evolution
and you can not condemn a guy for not making a perfect coin way back in time.. it's a learning process making coins !

I still have some Cryptobits which was made by request of a well known dev (for who exactly i don't know) but it never took off..
point being is CYB had some newer features to it no other coin had..i am not an expert on it but i was told by the guy that made it.
The way it was made was to be more resistant to flash mining i think sort of.
I can't recall what the dev said to me word for word about it and i don't want to get it wrong though lol

IS the intentions and actual code of a coin designed and intended from the start to be unfair in some way ? that is what we need to ask !
Which brings me back to me previous point.. HISTORY and Evolution
It was common for coins to be made way back that were easy to flash mine and have large rewards put out in a short time.
The typical new coin would get an average response from the public and by that i mean how much hash power we all put into the new coin..
THEN Take something like Prime coin or Quark coin and we had some new coin that was seriously different than the usual scrypt algo clones we got..
This will cause a sudden and mostly unexpected massive surge of hash power to be put on these new innovative coins !
And i really don't think the Quark dev or Prime coin dev etc fully realized how popular and how fast their coin would get
and they probably underestimated how to modify the coins block rewards to pay out more at a gradual slower pace..
Users in crypto are ALWAYS trying to find a way to game the system.. and who is to blame for that ?
In quark's case it was us the users !
Quark coin exploded in popularity over night and we all of sudden had a new scene popping up at that time taking off..
Mining Server rentals.
This was never much of a thing before Prime or Quark etc..
But since those two coins were CPU mined only it spawned a new industry.. The CPU Botnet ..and people renting them.

I can't even think of another coin off hand back then that was CPU mined only.. only Prime coin and Quark come to mind.
So think about it.. that is the holy grail of a new coin.. a super "feature" of sorts LOL
It attracted a crowd on launch and was hit as hard as we possibly could.

So did that result in too many coins being mined ? maybe a little i don't know.. ask the Quark dev, it was his vision and goals for initial distribution.
I do know that Securecoin was soon after put out mimic'ing Bitcoins block reward distribution model / block reward etc
and that too got hit hard by us all with Botnets etc.. and those botnets to this day are STILL pounding SRC hard LOL

Back then when Quark came out i was making a few coins but the difficulty rocketed up so fast i was soon unable to even get single share submitted on a pool.
BOTNETS had taken over squeezing us little guys out..
I soon went to Secure coin and the same thing happened.

So i was an early investor and miner (about 2 weeks after release i think)
and made little and i also sold early too ! ..long before Max Keiser came into the picture or noobs flooded us with bs and drama and fud'ing

Anyway i think Quark and Secure coin were released fairly ..i was here on day one for both.
And not one single person on hundreds of forum pages complained about the coin(s) or on chat boxs etc.
i never seen a complaint until December 2013 roughly when noobs showed up trying to FUD quark.. AFTER the M. Keiser drama.
saying it was flashed mined and unfair or it was premined (a bold face lie)
It kind of was flash mined but all coins are and the top 3 most innovative and popular coins are going to be hit harder than normal.. it's natural.

What happened ? were coins unfairly distributed ? i think not.. most of us got in early and dumped early..
Quarks prices were bad for ages and it rocketed up in value with every other coin NOV 2013 when noobs rushed in.

They also got fed some drama from Max Keiser hyping it and that bloated the value up.. those guys then either made money on the hype or sold later at a loss.
and are NOW FUD'ing the coin and making shit up about it.. probably because they sold at a loss and got swept up in hype. (sorry but learn to trade morons)
There has a been a lot of attacks on the reputation of this coin unfairly !

There is also nothing wrong with Max Keiser hyping the coin or Bill taking donations or what ever..
If there was a shred of proof in any way shape or form of any immoral or wrong doing with any of these guys i would say so in a hear beat !
And everyone in Crypto knows it too LOL
I would take no prisoners.. and i would trash the damn coin for eternity.. whether i had some of them or not.. Facts are facts !

There is a lot more to the story than a few lines of source code.
And i will stress again..
why is it after maybe a few thousand comments not one single guy was found to be crying scam or unfair before Dec 2013 roughly ?
Why ? Because there was nothing to complain about period .

Thanks Spoetnik,
I never used this coin but after see they board, source and watch about dumper guys.

You have good knowledge base of C++?
I'm not "older" here on btctalk but I see that all coins, new coins, services, etc except BITCOIN are with declared war, they ever "proof" shit and make nonsense accusations.
Quark is the first coin that have TOTAL CPU mined? This algo QRK is the first that promises this?

Thanks and good investment and work guy!

sr.machado (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:06:36 PM

I think the OP is legit and honest.. he has my support Smiley

Good job verifying the code.. it's a time consuming boring pain in the ass i think.
It would take a LOT for me to go to that much trouble.. i am faaaar to lazy hahha

This topic = Spoetnik Approved

Thanks, When a guy that have +1 TRUST and are Sr.Member I respect..Trully respect!

Hugs

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:30:02 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 11:09:45 PM by reRaise

Won't change that Quarkcoin was still only a Hypecoin and nothing behind then bagholders.

No it's no hype, quark is a good coin with caring supporters and active core members.

Now repeat me:

I apologise for spreading premine fud without having done any research

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:46:59 PM

The source-code are clean of NINJA, HIDE, PREMINE, SCAM and the blockexplorer is not modified!

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 11:46:36 PM

Word of Thanks from a Quark newbie.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: