Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think Bitcoin could learn from other cryptocurrencies?  (Read 581 times)
commandrix (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:05:27 PM

I refer to things like the rise and (maybe) fall of Dogecoin -- and I use "fall" hesitantly as it is still showing signs of life. Also, Marscoin has been booted from Mintpal but I've been chatting with one of the Marscoin Foundation members and they aren't panicking. In fact, they have plans to 1) see if they can get on other active exchanges and 2) move past the point where exchanges aren't vital to Marscoin's survival. I know for sure that the Earthcoin team is working on building their brand recognition. I've written an article touching on the subject, here: http://ablogaboutnothinginparticular.com/?p=3191 I just wanted to see what you thought.
boxuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:23:24 PM

compared to some altcoins, BTC quiet sucks tbh, aside that it was the 1st one and the one where most people invested into money there is not much to BTC.

BTC, could learn a lot from Credits CRD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=634403.0 , although they suck at marketing, they are working on something groundbreaking and revolutionary, exactly what crypto needs, hell for all i know, this Credits thing might be the replacement for BTC

commandrix (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:23:46 AM

Credits? Interesting. Since I got into cryptocurrencies more I kinda thought Star Trek's "credits" might have been some kind of dim foreshadowing of cryptocurrencies designed to account for the fact that nobody wants to mess with exchange rates between planets.
boxuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:41:38 AM

Yeah i think the name comes from Sci-fi or something like that, never the less they have something great in works

Credits? Interesting. Since I got into cryptocurrencies more I kinda thought Star Trek's "credits" might have been some kind of dim foreshadowing of cryptocurrencies designed to account for the fact that nobody wants to mess with exchange rates between planets.

commandrix (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

Yeah i think the name comes from Sci-fi or something like that, never the less they have something great in works

Yep. It's really neat though it is true that good developers don't necessarily make for good marketers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: