Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:36:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should I do with over $4-5 worth in BTC?  (Read 6103 times)
lordscales91 (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:18:04 PM

Hello everyone, since a few months ago I started gathering BTC from faucets and PTC's based on BTC, and recently I also sold some Latium and Doges(which I got from Freedoge.co.in) at Coin-Swap, and after all that time I have know at the time of writing this $4.60 and I'm waiting for the next Doge payout. I started gathering BTC because I wanted to make my free time more profitable, and also with the idea of purchase a Humble Bundle with BTC. For those who didn't know about it, Humble Bundle is a site where you can get some good games for just $1, but probably what you didn't know is that you can purchase it with BTC, there is a tiny link titled "or buy with Bitcoin!" below the Google Wallet payment button.

But the point is that I'm waiting for a Great Good Offer, or some offer with a game that I like, also there is another great place to buy games at good price: The Steam Store, sadly this one don't accept Bitcoin, yet...

So I'm wondering if I should try to sell the Bitcoins for dollars, that's why I opened this post.

I took a look at BTC-E, however it seems that is not possible to sell such small amount, or very difficult at least... I don't know exactly how works the order system there. At Coin-Swap there is a feature called Auto-Buy/Sell orders, these are orders that have their own balance, so for example if someone is asking for 100 LAT and you sell 5 LAT to him (by placing a sell order at the same price per LAT) the 5 Latium will be deducted from your account and the buy order, and you will receive the correspondent BTC. So the order will be asking now 95LAT. Is that feature available on BTC-E?

If that's the case I can try some workaround to get my money on PayPal, by withdrawing the dollars to OKPay first (the minimum withdrawal is just $1) and then going to Magnetic-Exchange which seems legit and exchange it for PayPal.

Another option is to sell them directly here to someone trustful.

Alternatively I can just wait for that Great Offer a little more, also the CEO of BitStamp in some kind of Bitcoin conference he said on an interview that Bitcoin value will rise up to $2,000, so maybe it's worth to wait for it.

What do you recommend me? Wait some more time, sell them through BTC-E (if possible) sell or them here.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:32:48 PM

I'd be glad to give you Paypal for your coins with just a 3% exchange fee.  Check my thread over here.  Or you can just go with the strategy that has never failed and HODL

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:51:13 PM

www.cryfter.com www.steambits.com or hodl.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
lordscales91 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:10:43 AM

Interesting suggestions, but what means HODL?
bounst

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:20:22 AM

Do not hold, you should do trading on lakebtc or bitfinex, not bitstamp.
Although the price is very stable now, but HFT still make you rich.
GreenBacksTeam

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:26:23 AM

Good work on accumulating even a bit of Bitcoin. I suggest doing research around here, and following some crypto twitter feeds. If you're looking to make more, trading altcoins is very profitable, but also risky. Trading btc will not net you as large profits with your amount, but it is relatively stable, and should help you learn trading. Best of luck!

GreenBacks: A Complete Currency - Launching Soon!
lordscales91 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:00:36 PM

Good work on accumulating even a bit of Bitcoin. I suggest doing research around here, and following some crypto twitter feeds. If you're looking to make more, trading altcoins is very profitable, but also risky. Trading btc will not net you as large profits with your amount, but it is relatively stable, and should help you learn trading. Best of luck!
Yeah, I also though about trading, in fact there is an interesting anecdote that happened to me. Coin-Swap had some problems with the withdrawals 2 weeks ago, after they solved it, my withdrawals still didn't work, didn't even appear on the history, probably because the withdrawal was in some kind of Limbo xD. So I purchased a few DOGEs and succesfully withdrawn them, after that all the withdrawals are working fine. Later on I sold those DOGEs and even get some profit, something around 50 satoshis, but well... And this don't ends here, I tried to do that also on Latium and I get profit once more... 2/2 Profitable trades and were my first ones, I think I have some potential as trader HAHA, or maybe was just good luck, that's the most probable option though.
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:59:29 PM

I wouldn't like hodling $4-5 worth in btc and they're not good enough to trade also imo. If you're not too worried about losing them, try gambling but do it keeping in mind that you might make something out of them or end up losing them all.

lordscales91 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:56:28 PM

Ok I think I get it, HODL stands for HOLD and is intentionally miss-spelled for some reason... Well, I made my first purchase with BTC, the Humble Bundle of this week. The transaction was done through CoinBase so it was validated automatically and everything were fine.

But by the end of this week I will have again $4 (I was so near the $5, and the Humble purchase was just $1), so maybe I HOLD them and wait for the next good bundle
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 09:27:53 PM

Ok I think I get it, HODL stands for HOLD and is intentionally miss-spelled for some reason... Well, I made my first purchase with BTC, the Humble Bundle of this week. The transaction was done through CoinBase so it was validated automatically and everything were fine.

But by the end of this week I will have again $4 (I was so near the $5, and the Humble purchase was just $1), so maybe I HOLD them and wait for the next good bundle
HODL

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 09:31:30 PM

Gamble at a gambling website. 5$ won't get you far, but its fun.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:43:04 PM

Gamble at a gambling website. 5$ won't get you far, but its fun.

if you good on gamble you will win big Cheesy
CoolRunnings21

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Nenávist má sestru, to je závist.

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:49:40 PM

Go To satoshi mines and try to double it or go to a dice site onr roll 49 percent chance and double it.

Or you could try a Ponzi J/k

NDotSO / Bourák
lordscales91 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:24:54 PM

Hey, I discovered KHs Cloud Mining. What do you think, it will be profitable? I think that at least it's a better option than loosing them all at gambling.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:46:46 PM

I don't think you have even $5. If most of that is from faucets, like you say, then the transaction fees will be killer. What you have is dust.

Also, LOL at people suggesting that this guy trade with his $5.
DRKLord

Activity: 84

DRK Developer

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:15:03 PM

Buy a bit of Darkcoin and hold onto your britches when RC4 comes!  Cool

Luficrem si drolkrd eht!

DRK Tips: XvWrvpERfUN8r1LB9JDMZS3Yu2rSfEYrHk
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:02:28 AM

You can test and see if any of your satoshi's are lucky Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:33:55 PM

Hey, I discovered KHs Cloud Mining. What do you think, it will be profitable? I think that at least it's a better option than loosing them all at gambling.
You won't make anything with that little money/hashrate. 5$ won't really get you far.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
StatusSeeking

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:11:42 AM

Work here https://coinworker.com and after you get the amount you want buy something you like
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:25:08 AM

Hold or gamble. Or join it with your main bitcoin satake, if you have one.

$5 of bitcoin is not worth to put on exchange and the exchanges taxes will eat almost all of it, and the profitability of trading will be almost nill.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: