Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:14:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What % has your investment in Alts appreciated or depreciated by?  (Read 916 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:28:37 PM

What % has your investment in Alts appreciated or depreciated by?
boxuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:30:33 PM

well quiet a lot, not sure maybe 200-300% loss since Dec.

but my investment in CRD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=634403.0 will make me a huge win,

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:34:56 PM

Eh, a lot of the stuff I buy varies in how well it does.

Overall, depreciated by 50%, but that number is slowly going back into the positives. I wish I was actually able to hold some of my alts though...

I'm considering investing back into NXT, there was some good appreciation (After depreciation) and it still looks like it has the potential to keep going up...

There are also a few other coins I'm looking into, but I have yet to invest in them.
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:51:37 PM

I am convinced the only safe bet in crypto for the next year or so is Qora.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:12:29 PM

It has decreased, a lot. Well, the only investment I made as in buying was QRK, then I mined AUR (which I didnt sell at the peak), then I mined DOGE, which I sold at 100. The rest isn't even worth mentioning.
Im waiting for guaranteed gains with XMR.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:38:40 PM

I'm about 500% up, since late Dec 2013.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:43:08 PM

What coin, or coins gave you 500% profit?
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:18:21 AM

Litecoin. Bought in at $0.50

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:42:20 AM

How much do most here usually invest in alts?

When I started around 6 months ago, I figured this was way too iffy to invest any real money in. I made a mighty $38 investment just to see how to convert cash to btc. And then I relied on freebie coins for a stake.

I'm still a small fish, but $38 has turned into around 15 btc, so as a percentage it's not too bad. If I wasn't such a lousy trader it should be double that... still getting the hang of some things.
ezimedia

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 08:39:29 AM

How much do most here usually invest in alts?

When I started around 6 months ago, I figured this was way too iffy to invest any real money in. I made a mighty $38 investment just to see how to convert cash to btc. And then I relied on freebie coins for a stake.

I'm still a small fish, but $38 has turned into around 15 btc, so as a percentage it's not too bad. If I wasn't such a lousy trader it should be double that... still getting the hang of some things.

6months ago and you only invested $38 and now you have 15BTC I would say that is a really good return.... I am also in the same boat as you but still nothing like your return.... you must have been really lucky and get into some alt coins really early at like 1-5 sats that went to like 500+ sats... that is the only way I can see you having made 15 btc from only a $38 investment 6months go..

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:38:04 AM

Mostly NXT....and it's still rolling on up, so I'm still hodling... Grin

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:24:54 AM

Mostly NXT....and it's still rolling on up, so I'm still hodling... Grin

Do you think NXT will continue to go up?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:59:27 PM

6months ago and you only invested $38 and now you have 15BTC I would say that is a really good return.... I am also in the same boat as you but still nothing like your return.... you must have been really lucky and get into some alt coins really early at like 1-5 sats that went to like 500+ sats... that is the only way I can see you having made 15 btc from only a $38 investment 6months go..

The $38 amount is probably misleading, as I did say I used freebie coins as my main stake.

Comm was like 2 BTC or so for free, if I recall correctly, which primarily is what I used. And Drk was the coin responsible for most of my earnings. Again, if I was better trader, I should be up at least double what I am now.

So it's really 2-3 BTC or so up to 15ish. But it didn't really cost me 2 BTC to begin with.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 05:31:17 PM

I'm still a small fish, but $38 has turned into around 15 btc, so as a percentage it's not too bad.

$38
15 BTC == $9290

+24347% ...

Yes, and many congrats to poornamelessme...but a lot of that return would have to be classified as imputed wages. If you get my drift...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 05:45:02 PM

What % has your investment in Alts appreciated or depreciated by?

Too painful to run through the calculator. Grin

But that's all right. If anything, I'm feeling cheerful and not just because of the horse-strength anti-depressants. Grin I've been down this block before, in other arenas of speculation, and this is the kind of depressed (and depressing) environment in which a mixed-up guy like me actually thrives morale-wise. Since I'm proven lousy at anticipating fads, I have to go where things are quiet and depressing and wait it out.

And I'll probably wait for a long time. To be frank, I don't expect any kind of big payday until some time in 2015. But that's the kind of mixed-up mind I have. Smiley 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: