Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:24:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S3 Setup [HD]  (Read 137367 times)
Oscar_123

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:03:59 PM

Hi Guys, appreciate the help
Mikestang - going to change the IP address as it is currently set to what you suggested and hopefully that will work.

dogie - unfortunately i couldn't add a screenshot to this so i've just copied and paste the information:

Wired Devices
 IP Address   Device Name   Time Connected
192.168.X.X    XXxXXXXX   0days 00hrs 21mins 18s
192.168.1.99                      0days 00hrs 01mins 19s

Wireless Devices
IP Address            Device Name    Time Connected
192.168.X.X     XXXXimac         0days 00hrs 25mins 31s
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:44:42 PM

Mikestang - going to change the IP address as it is currently set to what you suggested and hopefully that will work.

I have an old laptop I use for just this task - I change it's IP address to match the miner so I don't have to mess with my good network computers, then change the IP on the miner.  Once you do that and 'save and apply' you'll no longer have access to it on the laptop, but you should be able to bring it up on your regular computer.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:06:31 AM

I have an old laptop I use for just this task - I change it's IP address to match the miner so I don't have to mess with my good network computers, then change the IP on the miner.  Once you do that and 'save and apply' you'll no longer have access to it on the laptop, but you should be able to bring it up on your regular computer.

Using a laptop or extra network router is a great way to do it.   Laptop if you know what your doing makes it nice as it does not take long to setup.  And can change to normal very quickly.

Router is also not hard, if you have a extra and on normal router use a weird IP address range worth having around.
Oscar_123

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 11:00:46 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 03:28:28 PM by Oscar_123

I have an old laptop I use for just this task - I change it's IP address to match the miner so I don't have to mess with my good network computers, then change the IP on the miner.  Once you do that and 'save and apply' you'll no longer have access to it on the laptop, but you should be able to bring it up on your regular computer.

Using a laptop or extra network router is a great way to do it.   Laptop if you know what your doing makes it nice as it does not take long to setup.  And can change to normal very quickly.

Router is also not hard, if you have a extra and on normal router use a weird IP address range worth having around.

Took both your advice, got an additional router but changes the IP address of the S3 miner manually before connecting and somehow still managed to login using the default IP (may have been luck) password and IP have been changed and i've managed to connect to the miner through the router.

I've had a look at two different YouTube tutorial for configuration and a little confused on the "miner configuration", at the moment im registered with slushes pool;
Pool 1 - stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 / stratum+tcp://eu.stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333
Pool1 worker - dumbasstest / ennich1234.dumbasstest
Pool1 password - anything

this is the information i'm inputting (tried different combinations)but it i'm still getting no response within the "Miner Status". i've also tried to use my waller address as pool1 worker but same outcome, is this not the correct information?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 11:02:24 AM

Using a laptop or extra network router is a great way to do it.   Laptop if you know what your doing makes it nice as it does not take long to setup.  And can change to normal very quickly.

Took both your advice, got an additional router but changes the IP address of the S3 miner manually before connecting and somehow still managed to login using the default IP (may have been luck) password and IP have been changed and i've managed to connect to the miner through the router.

I've had a look at two different YouTube tutorial for configuration and a little confused on the "miner configuration", at the moment im registered with slushes pool;
Pool1 worker - dumbasstest / os1234.dumbasstest

this is the information i'm inputting (tried different combinations)but it i'm still getting no response within the "Miner Status". i've also tried to use my waller address as pool1 worker but same outcome, is this not the correct information?

Can you post a picture of miner pool configuration?   And also network configuration?

With pics of those two we should be able to better help.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 11:47:46 AM

Set the network protocol to DHCP while you have access, its so much simpler. The S3 will then take whatever IP the router gives to it so it will always be able to connect / conencted to.

You need to sign up to the pool and use your own logins. See section 4 for how to enter pool information and register links.

justatadbitminecrazy

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:38:46 AM

Hi all,

I am wondering if it's possible to use antminer S3 plugged with ethernet to my laptop which is on wifi ?
Any idea how to configure it this way ? because for some physical reason I can't plug it directly to my router.

Thx !!

Yes look up window's connection sharing.  But you should be able to use it with your router.    

If you are having trouble with network maybe post screenshot of network page on S3 and tell us your network info.  Or use DHCP and it will set it for you, and find it connected to your router.

I would dive more into the networking issue then trying to use a laptop 24x7 just for networking.   If you mean you only have wifi you can get networking adapters that take wifi and provide a lan cable connection.

Ok I tried something else.
I made a antenna from old wireless device I had.

I connected the S3 to my PC via ethernet, I had to change my my laptop PC adresse to 192.168.0.X to 192.168.1.X to access the S3 because my router is 192.168.0.1

After doing that I changed the LAN Ip adress of the S3 to 192.168.0.101 to make it accessible via my laptop without changing my ip address all the time.
I setup the wifi connection which worked the S3 is connected to the network.

Then I tried to setup the wwan interface, both with DHCP or static address and I just cannot access the S3 after deconnecting the ethernet cable from it.

I even see the device in my router DHCP list addresses but it remains unaccessable and doesnt hash...

And I changed back my laptop IP address to DHCP

Any tips here ?

I see 2 options either static or dchp.   If you show us the network screen on your S3 we can try to help say what settings need changed.   With this we can try the static route.

But without seeing it it with your router would be something like following:
Static
IP Address: 192.168.0.X  (enter an IP that is not being used on X)
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS Server: 8.8.8.8

(The above assumes some guesses based on what you have said but it will be something like that)

Other option is turn S3 to DHCP and it should configure it on its own.   Just see devices after.  You might need to set a DNS  I personally use google normally very easy to remember 8.8.8.8 .    

Either one should work.

I am having the same problem and I am suspecting that I may have asymmetrical routing happening.

Can someone post the output from an example network file that has the wireless interface configured as the only working accessible interface for both management and pool work connection?
Oscar_123

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:19:26 PM

Set the network protocol to DHCP while you have access, its so much simpler. The S3 will then take whatever IP the router gives to it so it will always be able to connect / conencted to.

You need to sign up to the pool and use your own logins. See section 4 for how to enter pool information and register links.

Hi dogie,
I've tried previously to change to DHCP but i loose sight of the miner within the rooter settings so have to then restart it and start again (mind you i haven't got far so doesn't make much difference lol)

i previously purchased some Antminers U1 and U2 just to see how i got on with them and they worked fine with the setting...
"bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://eu.stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u os1234.dumbasstest -p anything -S all"
im no longer using them as it cost me more to run than what i make. These are the same setting i'm using for the S3 but Miner status are all blank.

im just baffled as to why im able to connect but not mine.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 11:23:42 AM

Hi dogie,
I've tried previously to change to DHCP but i loose sight of the miner within the rooter settings so have to then restart it and start again (mind you i haven't got far so doesn't make much difference lol)

i previously purchased some Antminers U1 and U2 just to see how i got on with them and they worked fine with the setting...
"bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://eu.stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u os1234.dumbasstest -p anything -S all"
im no longer using them as it cost me more to run than what i make. These are the same setting i'm using for the S3 but Miner status are all blank.

Will need a screenshot of the config and status pages.

Oscar_123

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:27:39 PM

Hi dogie,

Will need a screenshot of the config and status pages.

http://
Couldn't figure out how to attach the image to the thread so ive done it this way around (through photobucket.com) ;
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac297/oscar_321/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-18%20at%2015.06.03_zpskrldua0x.png

i can only view the antminer on the first rooter but only when i reset it, after i change the IP address i loose sight of it and need to connect the miner to the second router which gives me access online but i am unable to view it as a connected device on the router.

After this, i put in all the miner configuration as advised by "bitcoin.cz" - https://mining.bitcoin.cz/help/#!/get-started/getting_started
(within the configuration screen print i'm missing the "eu" only because i was trying different combinations) it doesn't complain the details i put in but i still get nothing within Miner Status.

I'm open to any suggestion.
Many thanks!

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 12:28:40 PM

You've got load balance on but only 1 pool entered which may cause problems. Set it to failover. Also can you get some real pool mining details to actually test with, you're going to need them eventually.

Dexenthes1

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 12:54:55 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been having some trouble connecting my antminer to the wifi. I use a public wifi (at college) which requires the MAC address of every device before it can be registered to use the internet. Once the MAC address is submitted online, an IP address is assigned to the device. Is there any way I could find out the MAC address of the antminer given that I can't connect to it? I looked around the antminer box to see if the MAC address was inscribed somewhere, but I didn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:01:05 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been having some trouble connecting my antminer to the wifi. I use a public wifi (at college) which requires the MAC address of every device before it can be registered to use the internet. Once the MAC address is submitted online, an IP address is assigned to the device. Is there any way I could find out the MAC address of the antminer given that I can't connect to it? I looked around the antminer box to see if the MAC address was inscribed somewhere, but I didn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

What are you using to connect S3 to wireless?   If you are using a lan to wifi adapter it is that you will need mac address of.

Do you have access to the college lan with wire? (I'm guessing your in a dorm or something).
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 01:05:34 PM

Hi everyone,

Plug in S3 to laptop, set laptop IP to 192.168.1.1, navigate to S3, find mac address.

Dexenthes1

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 08:22:08 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I managed to get the miner running. However, now I'm only getting 300-350 GH/s out of the miner. What could be the issue?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 05:34:24 AM

Thanks for the help guys, I managed to get the miner running. However, now I'm only getting 300-350 GH/s out of the miner. What could be the issue?

Post a screenshot of the status and configuration pages please.

Dexenthes1

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:30:23 AM

Here you go:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65739947@N03/21843908538/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65739947@N03/22019431402/in/dateposted-public/
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:37:09 AM

Have you tried any other pools to see if it makes a difference?     Also what PSU model are you using?
Dexenthes1

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:17:04 AM

I can give another pool a try. I'm using the Corsair Power Supply CX750M (all four connectors are plugged in).
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 07:39:10 AM

I can give another pool a try. I'm using the Corsair Power Supply CX750M (all four connectors are plugged in).

What's on the advanced tab? The previous owner might have underclocked it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: