Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:51:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone sent me 0.0136 free?  (Read 3282 times)
WillyBTC

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:43:37 PM

Im not sure who but someone sent me 0.0136btc over the weekend, im not complaining

I accidentally sent you the coins. Please PM me for an address to return them. Thanks. Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:50:55 PM

Im not sure who but someone sent me 0.0136btc over the weekend, im not complaining

I accidentally sent you the coins. Please PM me for an address to return them. Thanks. Tongue

Can't tell if you're serious.
soccosocco

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:04:14 PM

maybe it's your sustenance
you better be grateful for it
if within three days, you have not found the person who sent BTC
means it belongs to you  Smiley
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:06:11 PM

Im not sure who but someone sent me 0.0136btc over the weekend, im not complaining because thats almost $10 but would just like 2 know how 2 trace this back to whoever sent it 2 me. Any help would b much appriciated.

if your address is public, it's fair game so sez emperor zulo

i am here.
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:15:57 PM

Probably not serious to me honest. if you want ask him to prove that he owns the address.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
burekzastonj

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:20:52 PM

Send back 0.00001 with a question if it was a mistake and that you are willing to send it back (if you are).
harlenadler

Activity: 430

Agent of Chaos

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:21:04 PM

I'm guessing the Tongue indicates that he isn't..... Tongue
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:33:17 PM

Well its been an interesting 2 days, someone gave me 0.0136 btc from 2 addresses then took it back last night along with another $2 i hade in that wallet. Im the first to admit i didnt have any protection on that wallet apart from a good password so i guess its a good cheap lesson 2 learn. If any1 gets free btc from anywhere lock down your wallet ASAP, it might b a scam and u loose the lot. If this has happened 2 anyone else let me know.

zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:33:57 PM

Damn that's awesome dude. I want to wake up one day and get a random 0.01 in my wallet or something haha.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:37:05 PM

Damn that's awesome dude. I want to wake up one day and get a random 0.01 in my wallet or something haha.
Did u even read my last post, THEY STOLE IT BACK along with another $2 thats not cool it suxs.

williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:37:41 PM

Im not sure who but someone sent me 0.0136btc over the weekend, im not complaining because thats almost $10 but would just like 2 know how 2 trace this back to whoever sent it 2 me. Any help would b much appriciated.
Paste the senders address or the txid. So you just randomly received the payment?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:42:29 PM

1LQQkqtWWruiofuD8jkMHxD5jMdKk7Vuh6 . This is the address the coins went to, transaction was NOT done by me. Did u want address it came from?

williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:46:22 PM

Did u even read my last post, THEY STOLE IT BACK along with another $2 thats not cool it suxs.
Transactions are irreversible, so it isn't possible to take back the money that they sent. If the BTC was sent, that means someone has hacked your wallet and gained access to the private key. I recommend moving your coins as soon as possible.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:58:28 PM

Thanks for the tip but theres no more coin in that wallet, ive got another post here asking if any1 can help with tips on how 2 protect an android smart phone because thats all i use.

Lanzer

Activity: 446
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:36:29 AM

Hey , can you tell me exactly when that happened?
that day  i was messing with a new coinbase acc  and send the bonus btc they give to new members i sended that btc to my main donation wallet but they never appeared.
FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:42:15 AM

they stole it back? so it was never actually in a wallet you controlled. it was only in your account at their website or something. well, you know what they say about not controlling the private keys -- you don't own any coins.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:28:46 AM

I dont know if it was in my control because i never tried to spend it i only saw the coins in my account with 9 transactions, next day 10 transactions and all coins gone. Ive already posted where the coins went to and can also post the address they came from. Not expecting 2 ever get them back just dont want it 2 happen again.
As for if i own coins or not im not saying anymore, im paranoid now, lol

rarkenin

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:36:43 PM

Did you happen to use a brainwallet or import some "sample" private key from some website?
PangPang

Activity: 499

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:54:42 PM

Hey , can you tell me exactly when that happened?
that day  i was messing with a new coinbase acc  and send the bonus btc they give to new members i sended that btc to my main donation wallet but they never appeared.

You should check your address on blockchain.info to see if there is a tx to it.
You can also check your coinbase account to see if you have entered the wrong address.

PangPang

Activity: 499

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:00:45 PM

In fact, we don't know if the one stealing your bitcoin is the same person sending you 0.0136 (IMO, very unlikely).
Did you download some strange files recently?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: