Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:35:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should there be an auto 10% deduction from Profit share to be used to buy more miners?
Yes - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FIRE] FireCoin- 97K Fire - POS - Developer leaving  (Read 78343 times)
HotSwap

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:26:22 PM

Optional Wallet Update

We have just released a new wallet. Version 2.1.0.0 is the current version. We have only been able to compile the windows version at this time but will get the Mac as soon as we can. If anyone is able to help with this it would be appreciated.

Change Log:
Added seed nodes
Added supernode
Added Block Weight in Coin control

These are minor changes but useful. You no long need to add the config file. You should connect automatically with this new wallet. The block weight will show you which blocks of coins are ready to be staked and show you each blocks current weight. This is in the coin control area for advanced users. We also have added Super node to help make sure the network is fast and stable. We will have a future Update that Includes, New design for the wallet, Block Explorer in the wallet, IRC launch from the wallet and maybe more.

This first update was pushed out because we wanted it to be user friendly for the new Firecoin users and more stability for existing users.

Windows QT: https://mega.co.nz/#!N9A1CQRL!VZygSZi2Dq9BNCyXFIBZE7IWEgg_oHeJnhEKDm388GM

Github: https://github.com/tom14cat14/Firecoin

Updated clouddice.net with the new wallet. Everything went well!

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
tom14cat14 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:52:48 PM

Optional Wallet Update

We have just released a new wallet. Version 2.1.0.0 is the current version. We have only been able to compile the windows version at this time but will get the Mac as soon as we can. If anyone is able to help with this it would be appreciated.

Change Log:
Added seed nodes
Added supernode
Added Block Weight in Coin control

These are minor changes but useful. You no long need to add the config file. You should connect automatically with this new wallet. The block weight will show you which blocks of coins are ready to be staked and show you each blocks current weight. This is in the coin control area for advanced users. We also have added Super node to help make sure the network is fast and stable. We will have a future Update that Includes, New design for the wallet, Block Explorer in the wallet, IRC launch from the wallet and maybe more.

This first update was pushed out because we wanted it to be user friendly for the new Firecoin users and more stability for existing users.

Windows QT: https://mega.co.nz/#!N9A1CQRL!VZygSZi2Dq9BNCyXFIBZE7IWEgg_oHeJnhEKDm388GM

Github: https://github.com/tom14cat14/Firecoin

Updated clouddice.net with the new wallet. Everything went well!

Great News!!!
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:10:27 AM

It has been a great First Week of taking over this coin. It has been a lot of hard work but I am very thankful for the rest of my team. The best advice I had coming into running this coin(My first) "Make sure you have a good team around you." It is a very true statement and I am glad that they have chosen to help. First week recap

The price was 3766 sat and as of right now it is 15125. That is over a 400% increase in one week.
New wallet- We made it user friendly to set up and made sure it was stable. Plus a bonus little feature with block weights.
Created our first giveaway/Contest
Working on new updates for wallet
New working Block explorer
2 dice games
Informed all of the exchanges about the new dev team
New working faucet
IRC Tipbot
Added to coin market cap
Created a sub reddit
Tweeted like crazy about the new team

We have many more things  ahead for this coin. But I hope our first week has proven that we are the real deal and we will help this coin. I hope in the coming weeks we can grow our community and how active they are in our thread and elsewhere. Hope everyone has a great Sunday tomorrow
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:25:49 PM

Announcing The Official Multipool is Live!!

http://www.firecoinpool.com/    

Once you enter your Firecoin address and click register it will tell you how to mine. SHA 256, Scrypt, X11, X13, Scrypt N, and Keccak. Happy mining Let me know if you have any questions.
thes3cr3t1

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:49:23 PM

Great news, that's Awesome, we are moving fast.

Who would have thought that you could mine a POS coin.  I have some old USB Antminers that I am going to point at FIRE. Smiley
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:52:42 PM

Great news, that's Awesome, we are moving fast.

Who would have thought that you could mine a POS coin.  I have some old USB Antminers that I am going to point at FIRE. Smiley

We will be glad to have them. No you do not have to directly buy all of your coins.  Grin
lider1971

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:58:14 PM

Once you enter your Firecoin address and click register it will tell you how to mine. SHA 256, Scrypt, X11, X13, Scrypt N, and Keccak. Happy mining Let me know if you have any questions.

Glad to see that FireCoin going in right direction.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:07:59 AM

Glad to see that FireCoin going in right direction.

We are doing our best. Now we need to grow the community and bring back all of the old holders.
cryptocointools

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptocoinTools.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 01:12:57 AM

Great work! I will be sending my hashrate there now. Especially great value right now, while FIRE is still somewhat cheap.

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:45:35 AM

So far the multi pool has been running great. No problems so far. I will let everyone know how the first pay out goes.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:17:46 AM

Hello Y'all. I'll be adding a miner to the pool part of the time.

But something Tomcat and I were talking about in chat, and I told him I'd speak on the issue.

And that is something that I've been saying for a while. The idea that there should come a time when a coin no longer needs a development team.

In truth, aside from initial concept and possibly programming, NO coin needs a dev team, specifically. These are open source projects. While a strong development team can help and guide a coin's future to some extent, in the long run, they can neither kill it nor cure it. A strong dev can certainly help, but only a weak or apathetic community can kill it.

Y'all are in a fairly unique position here. The coin was abandoned by it's original developer. I won't comment to how that came about, as I don't actually know. The man's reputation is not good, but reputation is not always reality. But that's not why I'm not focusing on it. I'm not because the point is moot. It happened, and THIS community had the intestinal fortitude to step up and do something about it. A few of you, Tomcat and his merry men, have taken the wheel. But the captain does not own the ship. In the case of a cryptocurrency, the owners of the currency own the ship.

All of you.

Do NOT wait for the dev team to develop uses and services for your coin. I'm confident that these guys will do a good job, but making the coin succeed is not their job. Making it work is, and they've done that. It's YOUR job to make it valuable. Sell it dear, and develop services and trading outposts and whatever else is necessary to boost it's value. Because ultimately, only you can make it happen.

It would be nice for all involved if there came a time when new commits came from the community at large, and when the coin is much more than just another way to trade for BTC. But talking about it is not enough. Those of you that have the ability, should go forth and do it. Those with services that they can sell, should do so. In FIRE. Those that can promote it, should. Those that can improve it in any way, DO IT. This ain't a bank. You don't need permission, you don't need a vote, you just need willpower and time.

Good luck, and I'll be joining you here soon as a user and collector of this coin.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:05:02 AM

Ain't nobody on that multipool, and it's not dedicated. My 42 GH of sha ain't gonna do anything without some other miners. For the moment, I have to pass.

lider1971

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:09:50 AM

Hello Y'all. I'll be adding a miner to the pool part of the time.

But something Tomcat and I were talking about in chat, and I told him I'd speak on the issue.

And that is something that I've been saying for a while. The idea that there should come a time when a coin no longer needs a development team.

In truth, aside from initial concept and possibly programming, NO coin needs a dev team, specifically. These are open source projects. While a strong development team can help and guide a coin's future to some extent, in the long run, they can neither kill it nor cure it. A strong dev can certainly help, but only a weak or apathetic community can kill it.

Y'all are in a fairly unique position here. The coin was abandoned by it's original developer. I won't comment to how that came about, as I don't actually know. The man's reputation is not good, but reputation is not always reality. But that's not why I'm not focusing on it. I'm not because the point is moot. It happened, and THIS community had the intestinal fortitude to step up and do something about it. A few of you, Tomcat and his merry men, have taken the wheel. But the captain does not own the ship. In the case of a cryptocurrency, the owners of the currency own the ship.

All of you.

Do NOT wait for the dev team to develop uses and services for your coin. I'm confident that these guys will do a good job, but making the coin succeed is not their job. Making it work is, and they've done that. It's YOUR job to make it valuable. Sell it dear, and develop services and trading outposts and whatever else is necessary to boost it's value. Because ultimately, only you can make it happen.

It would be nice for all involved if there came a time when new commits came from the community at large, and when the coin is much more than just another way to trade for BTC. But talking about it is not enough. Those of you that have the ability, should go forth and do it. Those with services that they can sell, should do so. In FIRE. Those that can promote it, should. Those that can improve it in any way, DO IT. This ain't a bank. You don't need permission, you don't need a vote, you just need willpower and time.

Good luck, and I'll be joining you here soon as a user and collector of this coin.

Excellent post.

+1
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:00:40 PM

Ain't nobody on that multipool, and it's not dedicated. My 42 GH of sha ain't gonna do anything without some other miners. For the moment, I have to pass.

Hope to have you in the future on the multipool. This could be a problem everyone is thinking and therefore nobody starts. Hopefully we will grow the community and will get more miners here.
virtualreality69

Activity: 125

Check out FireCoin!

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 03:20:01 PM

Biomech,

If you're refering to http://www.firecoinpool.com thats not the multipool that hashes your coin. From what I understand it piggybacks off of other multi-pools and turns your earnings into firecoin via automated buys on the exchange.  I mine x11 at WafflePool and point firecoinpool to it.  

WafflePool, as of right now is hashing x11 at 5.35 GH/s, but as FireCoinPool states you can use ANY multipool (but their preference is Wafflepool and NiceHash). The hashrate on FireCoinPool relates ONLY to hashes that have their profits converted to FireCoin.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
- VR

http://firecoin.tk  --> FireCoin: Currently one of the fastest growing, rare, alt-currencies!!
currently selling several undervolted cards: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645037.0
www.amazon.com/shops/Virtualreality69
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:48:14 PM

We now have a crypto coin talk thread. https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/12868-firecoin-fire-information/?hl=firecoin
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:40:48 PM

Hope to have you in the future on the multipool. This could be a problem everyone is thinking and therefore nobody starts. Hopefully we will grow the community and will get more miners here.

If I had a bigger rig, I'd do it solo. But at the moment, I'd just be throwing away electricity. I have a zeusminer Blizzard coming soon, I'll point it at the scrypt side when it comes. But unless either several of us collaborate, or one or two guys with bigger rigs can hit it, the little guys won't make shit on that. I have hashed at both pools that they draw from.

Would be better if y'all could put up a dedicated multipool. There's a guy with a guide out there. I haven't the time, with my other projects, or I'd give it a go. here's the link.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:07:01 PM

If I had a bigger rig, I'd do it solo. But at the moment, I'd just be throwing away electricity. I have a zeusminer Blizzard coming soon, I'll point it at the scrypt side when it comes. But unless either several of us collaborate, or one or two guys with bigger rigs can hit it, the little guys won't make shit on that. I have hashed at both pools that they draw from.

Would be better if y'all could put up a dedicated multipool. There's a guy with a guide out there. I haven't the time, with my other projects, or I'd give it a go. here's the link.

Thanks for the info. For now we will stay with this multi pool. I will let you know if others join on the sha side.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:52:39 PM

Just a couple of updates. I have submitted my information for PoD. Proof of Developer. I will post more info about this in the near future. We are also getting our official White Paper put together and will have in done shortly.
cryptocointools

Activity: 224

CryptocoinTools.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 01:11:54 AM

Just a couple of updates. I have submitted my information for PoD. Proof of Developer. I will post more info about this in the near future. We are also getting our official White Paper put together and will have in done shortly.

Good stuff. Firecoin looking more solid everyday.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: