Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:38:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LXC][LIBREXCOIN]STAKING MOBILE WALLETS|MULTIPOOL|100% POS|BLOCKNET|  (Read 413929 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
broseph

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:44:01 PM

The post from that guy in the last page really made me think. Here I was thinking this was a cool innovative coin but what he said about how this can work in places with little online infrastructure really opened my eyes to the true potential for this coin. I'm thinking of being a long term LXC HODLer, I mean, I wouldn't wanna be like those guys that cashed out of bitcoin when it hit $1.00 .

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 02:48:17 PM

Just wondering, are there 115 people that have their wallets opened for staking/nodes on the network: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/lxc/#!network Huh

No, that's only the wallets the explorer wallets saw, so it should only be used as a way to estimate which wallet version the network is using the most, and if people are upgrading.

The staking addresses for the last 100/1000 blocks can be found on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/lxc/#!extraction.

For instance at the moment there were 59 different staking addresses for the last 1000 blocks, which means that at most 59 wallets staked successfully during the last 1000 blocks. I say "at most" because a wallet can have multiple addresses, and could have staked successfully on more than one address during the last 1000 blocks. And of course some wallets could have staked but been unsuccessful/unlucky.

FWIW the address DJjdoVR3xhbc... is the one that has staked the most recently (its also #12 on the rich list, but none of the top eleven rich lists addresses are staking AFAICT), and itcontributed the most to the security of the blockchain.

You should see the staking as first and foremost a way to secure the network, the interest is just bonus. A PoS blockchain with only a couple staking addresses would be as vulnerable as a PoW blockchain with only couple mining pools, and probably more vulnerable since you probably don't have 24/7 monitoring and DDOS protection on a staking wallet like a pool should have Wink

Librexcoindev (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

The post from that guy in the last page really made me think. Here I was thinking this was a cool innovative coin but what he said about how this can work in places with little online infrastructure really opened my eyes to the true potential for this coin. I'm thinking of being a long term LXC HODLer, I mean, I wouldn't wanna be like those guys that cashed out of bitcoin when it hit $1.00 .

same here, i mined 3100 BTCD and sold for 4BTC, today worth would be 30 BTC, i'm still recovering from heartattack;-))

I'm thinking it would be worth way more than 30 BTC.

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
   ████       ███       ████
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███                         ███
███        █████████        ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
Librexcoindev (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:11:40 PM

Just wondering, are there 115 people that have their wallets opened for staking/nodes on the network: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/lxc/#!network Huh

No, that's only the wallets the explorer wallets saw, so it should only be used as a way to estimate which wallet version the network is using the most, and if people are upgrading.

The staking addresses for the last 100/1000 blocks can be found on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/lxc/#!extraction.

For instance at the moment there were 59 different staking addresses for the last 1000 blocks, which means that at most 59 wallets staked successfully during the last 1000 blocks. I say "at most" because a wallet can have multiple addresses, and could have staked successfully on more than one address during the last 1000 blocks. And of course some wallets could have staked but been unsuccessful/unlucky.

FWIW the address DJjdoVR3xhbc... is the one that has staked the most recently (its also #12 on the rich list, but none of the top eleven rich lists addresses are staking AFAICT), and itcontributed the most to the security of the blockchain.

You should see the staking as first and foremost a way to secure the network, the interest is just bonus. A PoS blockchain with only a couple staking addresses would be as vulnerable as a PoW blockchain with only couple mining pools, and probably more vulnerable since you probably don't have 24/7 monitoring and DDOS protection on a staking wallet like a pool should have Wink

Thanks for that Fairglu. He made the explorer btw. I will make a few wallets and buy some coins from the exchanges and put them on verious machines to help keep the network healthy and secure. I hope others will follow my lead and do the same. Got a few computers? Put a wallet on each one with some coins in them to help strengthen the network security and earn some extra coins. The mobile apps also stake and count as wallets so be sure to use them as well.

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
broseph

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:12:01 PM

same here, i mined 3100 BTCD and sold for 4BTC, today worth would be 30 BTC, i'm still recovering from heartattack;-))

Yeah and I'm remembering a talk by Andreas when he said that Kodak survived all the attacks from the digital camera companies. But they really went out of business when Nokia started putting cheapo cameras on their cellphones. I live in a relatively poor country and trust me when I say that sometimes we live in a bubble when we see friends and families with smartphones but the majority of the people have chep and very basic phones.

If you want an example of how mobile money works in poor places look no further than the M-Pesa example in Kenya. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0dBWaen3aQ
racer2012

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:13:18 PM

Let's get to 10k than 50k than $1 and than bet $10 to $30 per lxc
Librexcoindev (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:19:20 PM

Yeah and I'm remembering a talk by Andreas when he said that Kodak survived all the attacks from the digital camera companies. But they really went out of business when Nokia started putting cheapo cameras on their cellphones. I live in a relatively poor country and trust me when I say that sometimes we live in a bubble when we see friends and families with smartphones but the majority of the people have chep and very basic phones.

If you want an example of how mobile money works in poor places look no further than the M-Pesa example in Kenya. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0dBWaen3aQ

Our goal is to have LibrexSend on those cheapo phones too. Massive markets in India, China, Indonesia and Africa as a whole with billions of potential users. We intend to be a true global currency.

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
elite2291

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:22:36 PM

LXC looking great I'm going to take advantage now and buy lots more b4 it goes to 15k target.
AltcoinsMessiah

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:22:55 PM

Our goal is to have LibrexSend on those cheapo phones too. Massive markets in India, China, Indonesia and Africa as a whole with billions of potential users. We intend to be a true global currency.

And this is why I'm investing in Librex!
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:26:14 PM

yep ...simple Java wallet (or Simbian) will be BINGO
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:27:08 PM

Incredible! Buy Byu and HODL.

dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:28:38 PM

Incredible! Buy and HODL.

no BYU and HODL  Wink
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:32:42 PM

There are NO other coins on the market right now that are this Innovative.  Librex is pushing the limits on mobile and crypto.  This coin is going up to the top 10 sooner than anyone thinks.

TrangLee

Activity: 210

Living the dream

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:34:58 PM

I love this:  LXC has passed SDC.  Grin

55   Librexcoin Librexcoin    $ 434,671   $ 0.044598    9,746,305 LXC

56   ShadowCoin ShadowCoin    $ 429,548   $ 0.066761    6,434,075 SDC    

fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:35:28 PM

I will make a few wallets and buy some coins from the exchanges and put them on verious machines to help keep the network healthy and secure. I hope others will follow my lead and do the same. Got a few computers? Put a wallet on each one with some coins in them to help strengthen the network security and earn some extra coins. The mobile apps also stake and count as wallets so be sure to use them as well.

That's the spirit!

PoS can be very secure if you have enough staking wallets, but not enough, and it becomes very vulnerable. Having many staking wallets is not very complex, it's certainly much simpler than running a pool or even just a miner, but users have to care and be aware Smiley

For the nitty-gritty details, it's discussed in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=604716.0 for instance.

bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:36:23 PM

Once it sinks in....whats going on here, there will be panic buying.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:41:17 PM

I love this:  LXC has passed SDC.  Grin

55   Librexcoin Librexcoin    $ 434,671   $ 0.044598    9,746,305 LXC

56   ShadowCoin ShadowCoin    $ 429,548   $ 0.066761    6,434,075 SDC    

Cause Librex > SDC - SDC is on its death bed.
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:48:55 PM

DEV,

We need that Librex Multi-Pool ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Hurry!   Tongue
silverduck

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:55:12 PM

can someone confirm that the mobile wallet is staking? if it does this is way to cheap
racer2012

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:57:37 PM

Yes it is staking on my Android Note 3
 Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: