Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:18:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ▒▒▒[ANN][VAST] VastCoin - LAUNCHED! 0% Premine! Project Timeline Released!  (Read 29176 times)
tubesteak

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:12:33 AM

Grin
Guys guys the dev is on irc. huge plans. omg!!! i can't believe this. this is bigger than btc!!!! hahahaha

bigger than btc , what a joke , this coin is not even close to some of the scam coins here.

Man.... It's a sarcasm...
+1mil lol

SLG: SPWZuB9HsZVQNiHCbLQyw32EdRdVtt87We

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lvyuan95

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:15:37 AM

This coin suffers from the same problems CNL had.  These coins are such scams, the devs can't even code them properly.

VastCoin Specs
    Name: VastCoin
    Symbol: VAST
    Algo: X11
    POW/POS hybrid
    POW: 25 hours of mining
    Block time: 30sec
    Block reward: 4000 VAST, halving every 500 blocks
    Last POW block: 3000
    POS starts at block 1500

Block retarget: every block
    POS interest: 5% per year
    Coins stake after 15 hours
    Confirmations per transaction 7
    Coins mature after 70 blocks
    Premine: 0 (0%)

25 hours of POW mining.  POS starts at block 1500 so right in the middle of POW.  If the very first coins start staking, that's 12.5 hours of POW before mining ends.  There's still 2.5 hours left before coins can stake.

THIS IS THE SAME ISSUE CNL HAD.  The blockchain comes to a stop and will be at a standstill for a while.

At the very least this is a cheap copycat from a dev that knows nothing about how coins work.  At the very worst, this is the same dev as CNL

sigh...
kiemsuphu

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:27:02 AM

WOWW, Nethash  more 200Ghz

"blocks" : 844,
"currentblocksize" : 1230,
"currentblocktx" : 1,
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 1431.44687761,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00024414,
"search-interval" : 1
},
"blockvalue" : 400000000000,
"netmhashps" : 204933.91750959,
"netstakeweight" : 0.00000000,
bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:36:11 AM

Here I've made a project VastCoin timeline so you guys know what things are we working on and when to expect them

Oh, here is a refined version your timeline:
coin launch: massive instamine start! OMG, Dem GigaHash!!!
July 22: exchanges insta-add the coin, must be some Godly dev for exchanges to trust! Btc-e will add this coin soooooooon!
July 22-23: hype start and get noobs to invest, it's going to the Mooooooooooooon!!!!
July 23-24: dev's dumps his stash, Trolololol and get a shedload of btc from you noobs, you mad bro?
July 24: dev abandons this coin, aaaaaaand it's gone!

I think this is a much more simpler timeline, no?

sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:37:54 AM

This coin suffers from the same problems CNL had.  These coins are such scams, the devs can't even code them properly.

VastCoin Specs
    POW/POS hybrid
    POS starts at block 1500

25 hours of POW mining.  POS starts at block 1500 so right in the middle of POW.  If the very first coins start staking, that's 12.5 hours of POW before mining ends.  There's still 2.5 hours left before coins can stake.

THIS IS THE SAME ISSUE CNL HAD.  The blockchain comes to a stop and will be at a standstill for a while.

At the very least this is a cheap copycat from a dev that knows nothing about how coins work.  At the very worst, this is the same dev as CNL

I don't have the energy right now, I can't keep my eyes open.  But I cannot in good conscience go to sleep without first saying that everything about this post is wrong.

Except for the fact that this coin is shit and most likely a scam.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:41:11 AM

Have many troll and FUD on here. You FUD/TROLL, I will buy more. Because you want buy it at lower price Cheesy

Not in this case. Look at the coin logos for this and Conceal... that's all you need to do really.
Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:42:01 AM

VAST price keeps dropping, yet there's 75GH on it at dedicated.  wtf are those guys thinking?
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:42:10 AM

This coin suffers from the same problems CNL had.  These coins are such scams, the devs can't even code them properly.

VastCoin Specs
    POW/POS hybrid
    POS starts at block 1500

25 hours of POW mining.  POS starts at block 1500 so right in the middle of POW.  If the very first coins start staking, that's 12.5 hours of POW before mining ends.  There's still 2.5 hours left before coins can stake.

THIS IS THE SAME ISSUE CNL HAD.  The blockchain comes to a stop and will be at a standstill for a while.

At the very least this is a cheap copycat from a dev that knows nothing about how coins work.  At the very worst, this is the same dev as CNL

I don't have the energy right now, I can't keep my eyes open.  But I cannot in good conscience go to sleep without first saying that everything about this post is wrong.

Got coins Stuck . What is wrong with the blockchain

How is it wrong?  CNL had the exact same issues but it was worse.  it was a 24 hour mining period with a 24 hour POS starting at like 3/4 the way into POW.  It caused the blockchain to come to a halt.  took like 5 hours to move 8 or 9 blocks if I remember right.

I'd really like to know where I'm wrong...
Stan-O

Stan the Man!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:42:55 AM

Have many troll and FUD on here. You FUD/TROLL, I will buy more. Because you want buy it at lower price Cheesy

Not in this case. Look at the coin logos for this and Conceal... that's all you need to do really.

yep. almost identical.  tilt one to the side, and change the colors/wording.  
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:45:38 AM

Same size, and the giveaway is the fact the name of the coin is around the border for each coin. Incredibly lazy on the dev's part.

sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:52:15 AM

This coin suffers from the same problems CNL had.  These coins are such scams, the devs can't even code them properly.

VastCoin Specs
    POW/POS hybrid
    POS starts at block 1500

25 hours of POW mining.  POS starts at block 1500 so right in the middle of POW.  If the very first coins start staking, that's 12.5 hours of POW before mining ends.  There's still 2.5 hours left before coins can stake.

THIS IS THE SAME ISSUE CNL HAD.  The blockchain comes to a stop and will be at a standstill for a while.

At the very least this is a cheap copycat from a dev that knows nothing about how coins work.  At the very worst, this is the same dev as CNL

How is it wrong?  CNL had the exact same issues but it was worse.  it was a 24 hour mining period with a 24 hour POS starting at like 3/4 the way into POW.  It caused the blockchain to come to a halt.  took like 5 hours to move 8 or 9 blocks if I remember right.

Coin age accumulates from the moment a transaction is confirmed, meaning coins are accumulating age right now.  PoS will be well underway well before PoW is finished and plenty of coins should be eligible for stake.  I don't fear the blockchain getting stuck.

CNL was not eligible for PoS for 24 hours.  The PoW stage lasted 24 hours.  Check again, there was no PoS during the PoW phase.  Literally the only coins that could have had enough weight to move the network at that point was the coins the dev instamined.
Stan-O

Stan the Man!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:56:09 AM

FYI-  if you try to compile this wallet on linux, you get an error about the leveldb or something.  here's a link to the fix.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/2431-dimecoin-dime-information/page-3#entry21474

basically, go to the /src/leveldb/  directory and run this command:  sh build_detect_platform build_config.mk ./

should fix you right up.
Stan-O

Stan the Man!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:57:52 AM

Same size, and the giveaway is the fact the name of the coin is around the border for each coin. Incredibly lazy on the dev's part.

even the rocket thing in the middle is very similar.  cut off one end of the conceal logo, and add a little puff of smoke to it, and you have vast logo
Kuriso

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:03:58 AM

VastCoin Specs
    POW/POS hybrid
    POS starts at block 1500

Coin age accumulates from the moment a transaction is confirmed, meaning coins are accumulating age right now.  PoS will be well underway well before PoW is finished and plenty of coins should be eligible for stake.  I don't fear the blockchain getting stuck.

CNL was not eligible for PoS for 24 hours.  The PoW stage lasted 24 hours.  Check again, there was no PoS during the PoW phase.  Literally the only coins that could have had enough weight to move the network at that point was the coins the dev instamined.

OK I see the error in my thinking.  I've just started really looking at coin code and that was a misunderstanding on my part.  The way this coin was setup appeared to have the same issue.  So basically the only way to have coins staking and ready for the POS transition before POW ends is to get coins in a wallet no later than 15 hours before POW ends.  This also makes it pointless to have started POS blocks at 1500 blocks.

Stan-O

Stan the Man!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:13:34 AM

VastCoin Specs
    POW/POS hybrid
    POS starts at block 1500

OK I see the error in my thinking.  I've just started really looking at coin code and that was a misunderstanding on my part.  The way this coin was setup appeared to have the same issue.  So basically the only way to have coins staking and ready for the POS transition before POW ends is to get coins in a wallet no later than 15 hours before POW ends.  This also makes it pointless to have started POS blocks at 1500 blocks.

that still doesn't make up for the fact that the CNL Ann thread stated 8.5million coins would be mined during PoW, yet an hour or two before PoW ended, there were 9.2 million in circulation, per the getinfo command in the wallet.  700,000 from staking in that short of time?  i'm thinking no.  PoS interest is 3% per year.  the difference in the advertised and actual coin amounts is 8.2%.  that's kind of a big difference.

the dev did wise up a bit, and didn't put the moneysupply for VAST in writing.  or he just forgot to list that part. 
Kuriso

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:18:13 AM

-- removed to reduce space --

that still doesn't make up for the fact that the CNL Ann thread stated 8.5million coins would be mined during PoW, yet an hour or two before PoW ended, there were 9.2 million in circulation, per the getinfo command in the wallet.  700,000 from staking in that short of time?  i'm thinking no.  PoS interest is 3% per year.  the difference in the advertised and actual coin amounts is 8.2%.  that's kind of a big difference.

the dev did wise up a bit, and didn't put the moneysupply for VAST in writing.  or he just forgot to list that part. 

The extra coins came from a miscalculation on the devs part.

2880 POW blocks @ 3500 CNL each = 10,080,000 coins. not 8.5million

He assumed there would be POS blocks during the last part of the POW phase but POW and POS were set for 24 hours.  No POS blocks could be mined during the 24 hours of mining.
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:18:45 AM

Anyone knows the max coin supply? Dev?
SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:24:32 AM

Scam or not?  Grin
qiuxiang

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:25:41 AM

guys, don't forget the instantmined 56 blocks by dev before anyone else started solo

Mainbrain

Activity: 194

BaiQi

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 06:25:55 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 06:39:29 AM by Mainbrain

Dev ,my wallet cant sync at 226 block.and theres only 1 active connection to vast network,can u add some nodes?

Show me your Bitcoin address.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: