Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:02:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Hero3+ GoPros  (Read 7679 times)
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:51:49 AM

I'm going to request my btc back from escrow this Friday if he still doesn't respond. It's been 2 weeks already and still no shipping confirmation for me. At this point, the chances of this being legit is slim to none.

trust in this place is going be massive 0 for anyone doing business like this. how many scams every day is started amd abandoned it's unbelievable.  thanks to few broken words and trusted escrow we can sleep with no worries.

just a thought that maybe leave to him negative for low ball like that. his account is not newbie so he can try scam again? I didn't lost anything thanks to escrow but someone can be unlucky.

I would advise you leave the feedback that reflects your experience whenever you make a trade here. Good or bad it helps everyone make informed decisions. You should leave feedback for your escrow and the seller in this case. Just my opinion for what its worth.
volosator

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:06:22 PM

has anybody purchased anything from this guy?
i don't see any positive feedback in his profile...
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 08:17:45 PM

No, this guy isnt replying or following up on any promised shipments. I wouldn't advise sending him anything.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 08:18:14 PM

I was holding escrow for somebody, after almost 2 weeks of no response I ended up releasing it back to him.  Hasn't logged on since the second

MooreRocco

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:26:37 PM

Hey, sorry about the delay in responding. I was just revaluating and I still want to buy one camera, but I wanna set it up through escrow. So if you wanna do that I'm willing to pay $200 in BTC for one Go Pro Hero+3 Black as soon as possible.
Don't worry about it. I'm not accepting escrow at this time as I just got scammed for 3 GoPros, if you want you can send $100 then the rest once receiving. If not then have a good day and goodbye.
-ihaveafuckinggun

This is just laughable. All I read was "I don't accept escrow because I just 'got scammed.' So yeah, send me the money and you'll defintily get the camera. I swear."

Who else wants a go pro cause he's still 'selling', just not replying to anything else including this thread where he 'sells go pros'....
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 08:46:38 PM

^ Confirmed scammer. There are no instances where he'll send first, contrary to what he says in the OP (He only sends first to trusted members, but if it's a trusted member, then he wouldn't get scammed). Escrow ensures that no one gets scammed, so if he denies using escrow, then that just confirms it.

jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:52:32 PM

^ Confirmed scammer. There are no instances where he'll send first, contrary to what he says in the OP (He only sends first to trusted members, but if it's a trusted member, then he wouldn't get scammed). Escrow ensures that no one gets scammed, so if he denies using escrow, then that just confirms it.

He was also definitely violating the GoPro reseller policy by selling through a forum.

I think its a good rule of thumb that whenever someone on this forum has a "connection" and can get stuff for prices no one else on planet earth can seem to, chances are, they are scamming.
haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 02:33:18 AM

It has been almost 3 weeks since the transaction agreement, still no shipping so I just requested my btc back from escrow (escrow.ms). This was an attempted scam all along, too many inconsistencies in this thread. For those that have not been following or just joined in, here is a recap of the thread. DO NOT ORDER.

- claims to have 200 GoPro's, never specified how many of each model
- when asked for pics as proof of possession, all of a sudden a "private retailer" is holding them for him, so he can't take pics.
- offered free shipping to anywhere, then he can't ship international when someone outside US orders.
- GoPro corporation has strict authorized resellers and controls what price they're sold at, yet somehow he has hundreds to sell, and half the price for that matter.
- shipping was delayed because he had family problems.
- shipping was then delayed because his "private retailer" had personal problems.
- the ONLY one that received was a newb with a few post, who couldn't properly post the Tx ID for the payment. Most likely shill account.
- He's still not shipping them out after several weeks, but yet taking new orders in by PM.
- at the end, does not accept escrow anymore.

Come to your own conclusions.

Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 05:28:22 AM

Damn I wanted one of these two. My guess is he's been arrested for receiving stolen goods and/or for trying to sell goods he stole.

Edit- someone mentioned seeing them at industry events for that cheap? Anymore info on that?
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:05:43 AM

Damn I wanted one of these two. My guess is he's been arrested for receiving stolen goods and/or for trying to sell goods he stole.

Edit- someone mentioned seeing them at industry events for that cheap? Anymore info on that?
Not a chance in hell. There's maybe a 1 in 10,000 chance this guy was arrested for trying to sell stolen goods.

However, there's a 99.99% chance that he was trying to scam people by getting them to pay without escrow. He accepts your escrows in order to still appear legitimate while trying to find buyers who will pay without escrow.

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:10:01 AM

He was also definitely violating the GoPro reseller policy by selling through a forum.

I think its a good rule of thumb that whenever someone on this forum has a "connection" and can get stuff for prices no one else on planet earth can seem to, chances are, they are scamming.
It's all just BS. Did you read some of his responses? He can't take pictures because they're being sent from "his supplier." That directly contradicts previous statements about buying them in bulk at an event. That was like 5 pages ago and I'm really surprised that this thread is still going...like people couldn't tell this was a scam 3 weeks ago?

haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 07:08:55 PM

He has no time to ship or even respond, but he has time to sell moneypaks:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654802.msg8317412#msg8317412

Do you accept Moneypaks? If so PM me.
-ihaveafuckinggun Cool

terrapinflyer

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:12:20 PM

He has no time to ship or even respond, but he has time to sell moneypaks:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654802.msg8317412#msg8317412

Do you accept Moneypaks? If so PM me.
-ihaveafuckinggun Cool

You still have not left him negative feedback, so now he is still free to try to scam others...
eslfc1

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:55:09 PM

I had btc in escrow that was released back to me a few days ago. Not even any communication after I paid. We all know he's a scammer by now though..
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:56:29 PM

Start a scam accusation thread about this and I'll leave some negative feedback.

Activity: 37
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:01:25 AM

It has been almost 3 weeks since the transaction agreement, still no shipping so I just requested my btc back from escrow (escrow.ms). This was an attempted scam all along, too many inconsistencies in this thread. For those that have not been following or just joined in, here is a recap of the thread. DO NOT ORDER.

- when asked for pics as proof of possession, all of a sudden a "private retailer" is holding them for him, so he can't take pics.
- offered free shipping to anywhere, then he can't ship international when someone outside US orders.
- GoPro corporation has strict authorized resellers and controls what price they're sold at, yet somehow he has hundreds to sell, and half the price for that matter.
- shipping was then delayed because his "private retailer" had personal problems.
- the ONLY one that received was a newb with a few post, who couldn't properly post the Tx ID for the payment. Most likely shill account.
- He's still not shipping them out after several weeks, but yet taking new orders in by PM.

I am not a shill. I DID get a legitimate ONE GoPro that I ordered. He asked for half up front and half upon receipt. I got the order. Stupid me trusted him in another transaction, to buy 5 more. Half up front, half upon receipt. He took me for a ride and he is a SCAMMER. Although this won't be the last of me with him. I happen to have some law enforcement contacts that are already working on his "in" at GoPro.
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:18:46 AM

I am not a shill. I DID get a legitimate ONE GoPro that I ordered. He asked for half up front and half upon receipt. I got the order. Stupid me trusted him in another transaction, to buy 5 more. Half up front, half upon receipt. He took me for a ride and he is a SCAMMER. Although this won't be the last of me with him. I happen to have some law enforcement contacts that are already working on his "in" at GoPro.

Can we have the real transaction ID's for your payments this time?

Activity: 37
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:32:14 AM

Here is the first send for half up front   https://blockchain.info/tx/c2ecec3f5918890af9ef28717e77f15965cf7a29fa5c6be2f4256ea4b1059cf5

Here is the second transaction for the the half upon receipt. https://blockchain.info/tx/3d46a1856192451233cbb974fd91ed3b085359ba652781fa4c876d084b578a27

Here is for where he ripped me off - https://blockchain.info/tx/997a661de8175d7ed9417cfbb677233cd63fd405d3712c662074c9630405470d

When I first posted the transactions, I just wanted to keep some information from all to see which now that I look back makes me look like a shill for this guy. Here is all the info. If anyone wants to see the PM's between myself and ihaveafuckinggun, PM me and I will send you a pdf of the conversations.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1348

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:26:44 PM

Here is the first send for half up front   https://blockchain.info/tx/c2ecec3f5918890af9ef28717e77f15965cf7a29fa5c6be2f4256ea4b1059cf5

Here is the second transaction for the the half upon receipt. https://blockchain.info/tx/3d46a1856192451233cbb974fd91ed3b085359ba652781fa4c876d084b578a27

Here is for where he ripped me off - https://blockchain.info/tx/997a661de8175d7ed9417cfbb677233cd63fd405d3712c662074c9630405470d

When I first posted the transactions, I just wanted to keep some information from all to see which now that I look back makes me look like a shill for this guy. Here is all the info. If anyone wants to see the PM's between myself and ihaveafuckinggun, PM me and I will send you a pdf of the conversations.

How did he rip you off?
And why did you send over $200 for the first half? If he was selling them at $200, then you sent him more than he asked for in the first half alone!
Those transactions don't seem to back what you're saying.
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 03:07:14 PM

Regardless if you're a shill or not, it's a perfect set up. Ship out one, have the guy post about it, everyone else pays and he walks with the money. It's the same thing gonefishing tried to pull. He sent me 10 half coins I paid upon receipt, left good feedback, then he tried getting me to pay for half of a much larger order next time because he should have "earned some trust". He pulled the same thing on a couple others, opened a dummy account used that account to boost his credibility and two people got scammed out of like 20+ B.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: