Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:36:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CNN Bitcoin Documentary Coming this Fall - Inside man - Morgan Spurlock!  (Read 3580 times)
box0211 (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:18:54 AM

Just got filmed a couple of weeks ago for the CNN 1hr episode about BTC.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2bcnff/yay_o_got_filmed_for_an_1_hour_cnn_episode_about/

Would be pretty awesome to see how that turns out! Seems that the episode will be pretty positive as its being done by Morgan Spurlock, the guy that did Super Size Me.  I'm also wearing a NXT shirt too and helping them out.. really love what they are doing in the crypto space so far.

Lets see how that turns out... be on the look out for the show.

karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:41:56 AM

nice! I will spread the word  Wink

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:03:19 AM

Phinnaeus Gage, your brother-in-law's leather work is stunning. I dabble in leather, but it's mostly making armor and such, nothing super decorative like that. I'll make sure to get in touch if I ever need something of that caliber.

As for the "Bitcoin Man" costume, it wouldn't be too hard (the jacket, pants, and cape at least). The difficulty would come from getting the logo all over...I could silk screen it, I suppose, or use Spoonflower.com (probably easier, cheaper, and better looking). The cape I'd do a single, big applique.

I don't know what you mean by the shoes -- generally Chucks come in fun colors, and aren't terribly uncomfortable.

I would have to do some research on the mask, and send you some sketches to make sure I've got the right idea.

Bolo would be pretty easy, I think.

My rough guesstimate for something like that would be $200/set. I can do more specific calculations if you're really interested. You'd be behind ZodiacDragon84 though, so it'd be a little while before I could get started.

Mark your calendar, VDB: Tennessee Renaissance Festival

The price does seem fair. I'll PM you the mask specs and why it's important. Shoes are not a problem. Mostly wanting the suit, cape and bola to work in concert with each other. This is what I'm leaning toward to now. Bitcoin logo cape, sliding physical Bitcoin on the bola, and the custom fit tailor-made suit with embroidered logos of companies that now accept Bitcoin: Memory Dealers; archive.org; Grass Hill Alpacas; ect. (just realized that I'll need to wear those socks) An example of the suit is pictured below. I'm thinking more casual than formal. As far as the bola, I'm considered hand tooled leather that Martin could do. Of course I'll have a Bitcoin themed leather wallet.

I would rather not include many Bitcoin only related companies, but would consider it provided ad space was paid for. It wouldn't be much, but would at least cover the cost of the embroidery.

I always did like this guy.
Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:31:52 AM

I have a feeling this is going to be negative PR.  He's a leftist big-govt type.  He's going to hate the essentials of Bitcoin.
randayh

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:52:21 PM

This likely will not be positive PR.

CNN = Big Goverment propaganda programming
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:51:39 AM

I wonder if he'll mention the first transistor, currently located in...wait for it...the Spurlock Museum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvrjIJw3OSU
EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:17:37 AM

This guy could be bad news.....  Undecided

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:14:24 AM

This guy could be bad news.....  Undecided

Every McDonald's worldwide closed down after what he did to them. At this rate, we may only be left with Taco Bells.

zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:03:59 AM

Doesn't matter the documentary bring good or bad news, as long as it is true. More publicity for bitcoin is good. Let the users decide themselves. There are so many large corporations accepting bitcoin, there is limited damage the documentary can do.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:46:17 PM

I have a feeling this is going to be negative PR.  He's a leftist big-govt type.  He's going to hate the essentials of Bitcoin.

He tends to have issues with intellectual honesty and transparency as well. Supersize me was a self congratulating pile of misleading junk.

randayh

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:34:53 PM

He was right about McDonald's.. That crap is poison. Every time I drive by it smells like chemicals. McDonald's is a chemical science experiment done out in the open on children.

However, I'm guessing some big money put him on the payroll to attempt to discredit cryptos.. If the bankers were to pick a guy to spread negative propaganda, this guy is there man. But who knows.. maybe is good media.. but I doubt it.
Satan666

Activity: 123

The love of fiat is the root of all good

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:52:17 PM

I love the aroma that comes from McDonald's.  McNuggets rule! Smiley
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 10:49:42 PM

i would guess its more positive than negative.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:05:51 AM

for those of you guys who think it's going to be negative: CNN has some decent people working there, they're just buried underneath the hypers. it was sanjay gupta who came out and declared medical marijuana safe, and he's for it.
milan74

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:34:22 AM

Look forward to it, it will spread the public awareness of bitcoin.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:56:21 AM

Yeah, I'm going to pass on this one.

I have a feeling that most of it will be negative, and very little will be positive.

I'd be happy if the documentary could prove me wrong, however.

Time will tell and see if this is any good.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:18:58 AM

if he simply skipped the large sodas with his mcdonalds diet he would have been fine. mcdonalds aint health food, but what really did him in was the massive daily sugar intake.

if he can do an objective, even-handed, and accurate doc on BTC it could be great. If he decides to be sensationalistic (focusing on bubbles, scams, user-unfriendliness etc.) not so good. I expect him to fall to the sensationalistic side. Judging from his other docs, I expect a "rock n roll" "in-your-face" half comedy/half documentary, and a lot of preaching to the choir.
oceans

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:47:20 AM

As much as I feel it could be good it going as far as CNN I don't see this being as good as I would have hoped. I see a lot of negativity coming out of this documentary, now whether people take it on board or try and work out themselves if all the negativity is true is another story.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:08:26 PM

if he simply skipped the large sodas with his mcdonalds diet he would have been fine. mcdonalds aint health food, but what really did him in was the massive daily sugar intake.

if he can do an objective, even-handed, and accurate doc on BTC it could be great. If he decides to be sensationalistic (focusing on bubbles, scams, user-unfriendliness etc.) not so good. I expect him to fall to the sensationalistic side. Judging from his other docs, I expect a "rock n roll" "in-your-face" half comedy/half documentary, and a lot of preaching to the choir.

Agreed. If you actually calculate the amount of weight he gained and the calories needed to do it you can see why he refuses to release his food log as well. Just from the math you can see he had to have eaten a LOT more than his own rules allow for. You can't beat math.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: