Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:51:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VENT] venturecoin FULL ICO * Including whitepaper + TOR ANON  (Read 7900 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:20:53 AM

HUGE BUYING IS HAPPENING!!!!

Market just says disabled for me I want to buy some as well argh

edit:  just had to log out of bittrex, but was able to buy 791 coins

In fact, i was kidding, this is the biggest scam coin that was released this week, ok, ARCH was also pretty good in their scam release Smiley Luckily bittrex pay you back when ICO is not completed, so you're lucky. Cheesy
MinerMario

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:25:26 AM

HUGE BUYING IS HAPPENING!!!!

Market just says disabled for me I want to buy some as well argh

edit:  just had to log out of bittrex, but was able to buy 791 coins

You weren't kidding, you actually bought this shit? Oh man. Good luck with that. At least now bubble boy will have someone to commiserate with.

Shitcoins are never "undervalued"
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:53:18 AM

Selling 1 vent for 1 btc if anyone wants in
Its a special vent, one of the first better than the rest hence the price mark up
VentureCoin (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:51:28 AM

regarding the deleted posts:
Deleted SCAM calls that are unrelated and deliver no proof.
Deleted advertisements for other coins.

Regarding your questions about the funds: All the funds are spread and planned out as stated in the whitepaper statement section.
Regarding some private messages I have recieved with threats: No, I am not the Icebergcoin Dev. venturecoin is not affiliated with ARCHcoin nor Icebergcoin or other coins.

Why the delay?
I will post a statement later on that will clear things up. Basically the delay happened because we were implementing TOR anon in the codebase and tested it out. The sources + wallets will be updated within the next 48hours. If you want to have a 3rd party code review about TOR anon and the rest, simply message Bittrex people to post a small statement here. They will clear things up for you if you are in doubts. Remember to follow @ventcoin on twitter Smiley
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:52:59 AM

well time will decide the fate of this coin. best of luck
Tuwie2

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:11:40 PM

I see this ICO is now live at Bittrex, with a little over 2BTC in volume so far.
Quietsucces

Activity: 126

I am najzenmajsen alt

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:13:14 PM

buy before its to late!
https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-VENT
Soepkip

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:52:23 PM

Well, I bought some too, just to support ya loq Smiley

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:39:55 PM

Regarding your questions about the funds: All the funds are spread and planned out as stated in the whitepaper statement section.

The problem with spread out funds is it doesn't offer any safeguard really. You may not be aware of past ICOs run on Bittrex, but DCM did that same exact thing. They spread their ICO money amongst 6 people, over 100 BTC.

They all vanished and took the money with them. They locked the coin's thread and I believe the coin is either delisted or about to be. Coin went from 10K+ to a couple hundred sats.

Again, I really think using Polo rules where an exchange holds the funds until the funds are used for what the devs say they will, and offering identification to the exchanges, would benefit both the exchange longterm, the devs running ICOs, and investors.
VentureCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:55:40 PM

The problem with spread out funds is it doesn't offer any safeguard really. You may not be aware of past ICOs run on Bittrex, but DCM did that same exact thing. They spread their ICO money amongst 6 people, over 100 BTC.

They all vanished and took the money with them. They locked the coin's thread and I believe the coin is either delisted or about to be. Coin went from 10K+ to a couple hundred sats.

Again, I really think using Polo rules where an exchange holds the funds until the funds are used for what the devs say they will, and offering identification to the exchanges, would benefit both the exchange longterm, the devs running ICOs, and investors.

I agree to that. This still does not provide any safety for development funds or anything. My ID is known and posted in the whitepaper, you know how I look, you know what my name is. This is more than 95% of other DEV's or founders of a coin give away. The pressure is enough for me, to be fully open about those things.

The only thing I can guarantee is, I am alone, I have no intention to fool you with layouts and sick announcements like other coins. I have my business idea and thats it. Take it or leave it Smiley.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:04:11 PM

I agree to that. This still does not provide any safety for development funds or anything. My ID is known and posted in the whitepaper, you know how I look, you know what my name is. This is more than 95% of other DEV's or founders of a coin give away. The pressure is enough for me, to be fully open about those things.

The only thing I can guarantee is, I am alone, I have no intention to fool you with layouts and sick announcements like other coins. I have my business idea and thats it. Take it or leave it Smiley.

I didn't see your whitepaper yet, so didn't know you listed your identity. That is actually more than I even asked, as I meant simply providing your identity to the exchanges.

As for Polo rules and safety of development funds, nothing is 100% safe. But it offers more safeguards than just handing over a giant sum of btc to any developer. Assuming I understand their rules correctly, devs only get funds when they need them, in order to do the things they stated they would. No giant lumpsum payouts and strict bookkeeping.

Of course an exchange could just walk away with the funds, lie, or do whatever with the btc, but assuming we trust them at least somewhat, it is a safer route in my opinion (at least for the investor), than seeing a dev just be handed 100+ BTC. And even if you think it's no safer than how Bittrex does it, the general impression to investors is it would be safer. Which then should increase those investing = more money for you and the exchange.
VentureCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:23:28 PM

I didn't see your whitepaper yet, so didn't know you listed your identity. That is actually more than I even asked, as I meant simply providing your identity to the exchanges.

As for Polo rules and safety of development funds, nothing is 100% safe. But it offers more safeguards than just handing over a giant sum of btc to any developer. Assuming I understand their rules correctly, devs only get funds when they need them, in order to do the things they stated they would. No giant lumpsum payouts and strict bookkeeping.

Of course an exchange could just walk away with the funds, lie, or do whatever with the btc, but assuming we trust them at least somewhat, it is a safer route in my opinion (at least for the investor), than seeing a dev just be handed 100+ BTC. And even if you think it's no safer than how Bittrex does it, the general impression to investors is it would be safer. Which then should increase those investing = more money for you and the exchange.

Haha. You were commenting in this thread without reading the whitepaper? Man! Tongue
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:38:04 PM

Haha. You were commenting in this thread without reading the whitepaper? Man! Tongue

I was waiting for the coin's website, which I would assume have the whitepaper, rather than download some random file on my PC. Call me paranoid, but I typically like to minimize downloads from this site if at all possible. For most wallets and downloads I use a virtual machine, which I didn't have access to when replying to this thread (using my laptop at the time).

I also made no comments here as to the coin's specs or features, simply the ICO itself.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:12:33 PM

This is 100% premine and 100% funny  Grin

This "dev" or "dev-team" bought this coin for under 1BTC and now they sell their coins for 150BTC that's how you make profit!!!

Don't understand why an exchange as bittrex agree to host this shit.

MinerMario

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:48:43 AM

Selling 1 vent for 1 btc if anyone wants in
Its a special vent, one of the first better than the rest hence the price mark up

Carry on Number 1 Smiley

Was that you trying to sell it for 2.5 million BTC?  Shocked Grin Shocked Grin

Tidy profit.

Shitcoins are never "undervalued"
eastwind_ja

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:45:58 PM

how to ICO now???

HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:00:36 PM

dev, you are the co-founder of the shibe coin desaster right?

I didnt follow shibe to closely, and dont know what happened there, just so everyone knows.

Its a plus though, that we know who you are.

Still: 18.000USD for a lottey ticket feature? Seriously? And another 18.000 USD for a social media feature in the wallet?

Is there any solid calculation or did you just pull numbers out of your hat?
VentureCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:48:38 PM

I didnt follow shibe to closely, and dont know what happened there, just so everyone knows.

Still: 18.000USD for a lottey ticket feature? Seriously? And another 18.000 USD for a social media feature in the wallet?

Yes. There is a solid calculation behind it. As I have announced in the whitepaper, we are not going to let "known crypto devs" (some of them are actually really good) work on it. But I have talked with most of them and they have evaluated how many hours an implementation for these software features would take: The numbers were not differing a lot. All the projects stated in the whitepaper require skills to pull off and take time. As announced, I want to bring in coders from the real world into crypto. Because our technology is not that developed and secure as we may think. You still notice: Hacks here, leaks there. This is poor coding craftmanship. Nothing else. So if you want something developed and something good, you have to pay the price. The ultimate price might be 20000$ or it might be 15000$. The estimation is just an estimation after calculating prognosed hours that need to be invested. Also please calculate that Europe (Germany in this case) has it's own bitcoin value to count on. A bitcoin here is  worth mere 450-480Euros. For german standards, this is nothing. So your said 18k$ are now worth 12k€. You have to live here for once or have the experience of valueing money slightly differently to understand the price in €.
han1122

Activity: 300

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:46:05 AM

When does the ICO end ?

Your goal is how many BTCs ?  

HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:12:25 AM

Yes. There is a solid calculation behind it. As I have announced in the whitepaper, we are not going to let "known crypto devs" (some of them are actually really good) work on it. But I have talked with most of them and they have evaluated how many hours an implementation for these software features would take: The numbers were not differing a lot. All the projects stated in the whitepaper require skills to pull off and take time. As announced, I want to bring in coders from the real world into crypto. Because our technology is not that developed and secure as we may think. You still notice: Hacks here, leaks there. This is poor coding craftmanship. Nothing else. So if you want something developed and something good, you have to pay the price. The ultimate price might be 20000$ or it might be 15000$. The estimation is just an estimation after calculating prognosed hours that need to be invested. Also please calculate that Europe (Germany in this case) has it's own bitcoin value to count on. A bitcoin here is  worth mere 450-480Euros. For german standards, this is nothing. So your said 18k$ are now worth 12k€. You have to live here for once or have the experience of valueing money slightly differently to understand the price in €.

fyi: I am german  Roll Eyes

ty for explaining to me that 18kUSD are 12k€ (13.4k€ in fact), i never knew that before.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: