Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:29:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want you to take a good look at this rubbish.  (Read 3618 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 08:50:48 AM

Yeah, I now see Luke's intentions are fine. The solution is now to make a Bitcoin client with TOR built-in.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 09:05:01 AM

Matthew, you're too good for this. I hate to see you waste your energy on something so minuscule. So what if I am reactionary? Don't you have a girl to fuck and a magazine to print?

Hey, douchebag.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/966

This my friends is what power lust looks like. Mr. Luke Jr. wants your location easily traceable when using Bitcoins. He wants you to fear the powers that be when you deal in Bitcoins. Bitcoin users could then be controlled.

Let's keep a watchful eye on people like Mr. Luke and their proposals. With no vigilance, stuff like this could be merged.

Yeah, I now see Luke's intentions are fine. The solution is now to make a Bitcoin client with TOR built-in.

If you understand, why do you keep the title and OP the same, unless you're a self-important attention whore who wants desperately to make everyone as involved as possible in his every learning experience?

Learn to ask questions next time.

Also, FYI: I'm printing the magazine on the back of a girl I'm fucking while typing this. Like a boss.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 09:15:04 AM

TOR doesn't need to be built-in. use "torify" or whatever. Why would bitcoin tie itself to a single privacy solution that can easily be outsourced?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 10:10:49 AM

I agree with Atlas...

Luke WTF?
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:28:14 PM

No need to overreact.  I think most of us know luke has some interesting political views... divine right of kings and such.

http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-otc/logs/2011/12/04/14

It's better for Bitcoin in the long run to get used to dealing with this sort of thing, even from within the dev group.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Killdozer

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:34:41 PM

No need to overreact.  I think most of us know luke has some interesting political views... divine right of kings and such.

http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-otc/logs/2011/12/04/14

Seems that you are the troll here, not Luke. I did read the log and there is not a word about "divine right of kings".
The only political views luke expresses there are that you should obey the basic taxation laws of the country you live in, those laws are there for a reason.
So unless you give some other quotes, (perhaps this was the wrong link?), I call troll alert.

benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:43:09 PM

It's not the wrong link, it's just not a claim that needs to be substantiated.  Most of us have had enough discussions with luke to know his views already, eg.

http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-otc/logs/2011/12/23

The link in my previous post was just there to illustrate relevance to the topic at hand.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 01:43:12 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2012, 01:55:42 PM by Luke-Jr

Since it seems people are getting the wrong impression from this pullreq...

It was proposed by a pool member who noticed the mystery jerk miner (making transactionless blocks) was relaying them through Eligius. This handy-but-simple change enabled me to get the real IP of the actual server making these blocks. The objections given herein by other developers are logical concerns, and I have no qualms with the pullreq being closed unmerged.

I'll refrain from feeding any trolls, but FWIW I do believe everything the Catholic Church teaches, including (the "weaker" form of) the divine right of kings. However, I consider this to be fairly off-topic in this forum, so don't intend to get into a discussion about it here.

P.S. The point of pull requests is for others to review them...

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 01:59:17 PM

Since it seems people are getting the wrong impression from this pullreq...

It was proposed by a pool member who noticed the mystery jerk miner (making transactionless blocks) was relaying them through Eligius. This handy-but-simple change enabled me to get the real IP of the actual server making these blocks. The objections given herein by other developers are logical concerns, and I have no qualms with the pullreq being closed unmerged.

I'll refrain from feeding any trolls, but FWIW I do believe everything the Catholic Church teaches, including (the "weaker" form of) the divine right of kings. However, I consider this to be fairly off-topic in this forum, so don't intend to get into a discussion about it here.

P.S. The point of pull requests is for others to review them...

How dares he, the "mystery jerk miner", to mine a pseudo-anonymous currency while wishing to stay anonymous...
Burn the bastard!
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:13:27 PM

I'll refrain from feeding any trolls, but FWIW I do believe everything the Catholic Church teaches, including (the "weaker" form of) the divine right of kings.  
Lines like this are why I keep coming back to this forum day after day.  Cheesy precious...
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:23:51 PM

How dares he, the "mystery jerk miner", to mine a pseudo-anonymous currency while wishing to stay anonymous...
Maybe if he wanted to be anonymous, he shouldn't have attracted negative attention by trying to harm Bitcoin.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:31:29 PM

Maybe if he wanted to be anonymous, he shouldn't have attracted negative attention by trying to harm Bitcoin.

Don't you love how ridiculously hypocritical these tards can be sometimes?

"We want anonymity! We want freedom! Hey btw, someone stole my coins. FIND HIM!"

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:50:43 PM

Matthew freedom is scary.  The honest reality is most people don't want freedom.

They want "freedom" but some entity (usually the govt) to control "other people".

I want to be free but those gayz can't get married.  Stop them govt.
I want to be free but drunk drivers are dangerous so it is ok when the govt violates the Constitution to stop drunk drivers.
I want to be free but sex outside marriage is a sin so lets legislate morality (prostitution laws, etc)
I want to be free but drugs scare me so lets make them illegal.

The sum of all of the govt interference and control is merely the sum of the collective will of the people who want to be free ... BUT we need x.  Take 300 million people who all have an X they feel needs control and you get a govt which controls/fights/restricts/legislates 100,000 different Xs

Now along comes Bitcoin which is very difficult for the govt to be "the entity" so the same people who want "freedom" need someone to control it. 

Stolen coins = we need a blacklist.
Scammmers = we need to be able to reverse transactions.
Lost coins = we need to be able to replace them.
Miners not including freeloading tx (which protocol doesn't require) = we need a way to track him.

Different day same story.
benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:55:30 PM

Miners not including freeloading tx (which protocol doesn't require) = we need a way to track him.

If it were easy for the protocol to require this, it would be included already.  Recognizing when someone is gaming the system is not controversial.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:03:36 PM

I don't see it as gaming.

The compensation for including transactions isn't worth the cost.  Period.  Up till now people have "played nice" but any system will be pushed to its limits in the name of efficiency.

Its not gaming it is optimal decision making.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:06:14 PM

I don't see it as gaming.

The compensation for including transactions isn't worth the cost.  Period.  Up till now people have "played nice" but any system will be pushed to its limits in the name of efficiency.

Its not gaming it is optimal decision making.
The problem isn't requiring a fee, it's this miner not including any transactions at all period.

benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:06:39 PM

Part of the compensation is the block reward.  And if transaction-less blocks become predominant, it may be reduced significantly.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:07:34 PM

The problem isn't requiring a fee, it's this miner not including any transactions at all period.

The AGGREGATE FEES determines the compensation compensation relative to the potential cost.  AGGREGATE FEES are worthless.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:07:53 PM

I respond to this thread with a high class bear.

benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:10:22 PM

^^ The ignore button is highlighted there for a reason...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: