I'm relatively active between 1:00AM to 3:00PM of forum time each day. Contacting me within this time interval could get quicker responses.Announcement
In case of the possibility we could not receive the shareholders data, we begin collecting the claims ourselves.
Please send to (email@example.com
) your number of shares and your Bitcoin address for receiving dividends. Please annotate that they are MU shares to avoid confusion with ASICMINER or MOORE shares. You could accompany them with any evidence you think is OK to provide. It is highly recommended that you use an address that you have its private key. By that, you may enjoy more facilities provided by our future automatic migrating platform.Happy investing! Best luck to you and ourselves. What we do and how we are different
As we grow larger, we are probably getting many new and potential investors who don't have the time to study our history data of financial disclosure, our structure or policies. Here we explain μ with a shorter and clearer manner.The business of μ contains:
1. investment on valuable new stocks and bonds.
2. market making.
4. value investment on old existing assets.
5. providing loans.
6. funding startups outside the GLBSE system.
Now we are only doing 1-4. We may do 5 and 6 in the future, but we will be extremely careful and make sure that the involved risks are rigidly controlled.What makes μ different:
1. We are a stock, not a bond. Which means that:
(1) you can vote if you are one of the shareholders.
(2) you actually own
your portion of μ's net asset value.
(3) you can give us public or private suggestions, which will possibly be accepted by the CEO and turned into motions.
2. Each of our mid-time or long-time positions was and will ever be assets with a business model that is sound, public, and easy to understand. We may participate in high-risk assets, but only for arbitraging, and we will keep the time of holding them as short as possible.
3. Our name is the shortest of all. Weekly Financial Disclosure and Market WatchMarch 28th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg822256#msg822256 Investment Opportunity Study: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg823936#msg823936April 4th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg836060#msg836060 Investment Opportunity Study: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg836105#msg836105April 11st Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg845965#msg845965April 18th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg856501#msg856501April 25th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg867599#msg867599 The MU Index for GLBSE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg867695#msg867695May 2nd Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg878181#msg878181May 4th The MU Index for GLBSE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg882018#msg882018May 9th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg889439#msg889439May 13rd The MU Index for GLBSE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg897676#msg897676May 16th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg902960#msg902960May 23rd Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg915987#msg915987May 25th The MU Index for GLBSE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg920938#msg920938May 30th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg929873#msg929873June 6th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg944067#msg944067June 13rd Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg959191#msg959191June 20th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg976412#msg976412June 27th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg993086#msg993086July 4th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1007353#msg1007353July 11st Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1022545#msg1022545July 18th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1037730#msg1037730July 25th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1037730#msg1037730August 1st Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1069580#msg1069580August 8th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1085299#msg1085299August 15th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1100792#msg1100792August 22nd Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1122148#msg1122148August 29th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1141655#msg1141655September 5th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1161925#msg1161925September 12nd Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1183811#msg1183811September 19th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1202813#msg1202813September 26th Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1221658#msg1221658October 3rd Financial Disclosure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg1241274#msg1241274
ReservedFAQQ: What is μ?A:
μ is a GLBSE-listed company which mainly focuses on the following businesses:
1. We will evaluate each new company on GLBSE, and hold some part or all of its assets if we are convinced to. We may also directly fund private companies outside the GLBSE system. We make profits from the dividends of the assets we own, and(or) by selling the assets after their value increases. We can as well influence or control the policies of the target companies, if their policies are motion-based.
2. We will provide short-term loans when we have spare funds and could not find enough appropriate assets to buy.
3. We will hold some non-IPO assets if we believe that they are undervalued.Q: How could I invest in it?A:
It is listed on GLBSE. The asset id is "MU".Q: Why do you choose such a weird name?A:
It is inspired by Y Combinator.(http://ycombinator.com/
) Basically, in Programming Language Theory, while the Y combinator is used for building recursive functions(terms), the μ operator is used for constructing recursive types. We are "recursive" in a sense that we are ourselves a startup company, which grows other startup companies, some of which might further grow more startup companies...Q: Will I get scammed?A:
μ itself is not a scam. But considering the nature of our business, we may be scammed by our borrowers and other companies. Therefore, a more accurate question should be like "What are the risks?"Q: So what are the risks?A:
1. No matter how careful we are, we cannot totally exclude the possibility that the assets we buy are issued by a scammer.
2. The assets we buy may not be as profitable as we think. Their value may even decrease after the IPO stage.
3. The borrowers may not be able to pay our Bitcoins back.
4. The profits of our company may not be as stable as those of mining companies, and so are the dividends.
5. Our evaluation of "undervalued assets" may be wrong.
6. If the price of Bitcoin drops dramatically, you may not be able to get enough compensation from selling hardwares as mining companies do.Q: Given so many risks, what could I expect from μ?A:
We are probably the most ambitious startup in GLBSE so far. If bad things do not happen, by investing in μ you will:
1. Enjoy the fruit of our dramatic growth. We will continuously use some of our incomes to fund more and more startups. The dividends are expected to grow exponentially for a considerable time before slowing down. It is even possible that the McDonalds or Facebook of Bitcoin will be funded by us in the near future!
2. Save your precious time and energy. You do not need to seek or evaluate investment opportunities yourself. We will constantly track the price of the assets we hold and sell them when necessary. We will contact, inquiry, and negotiate with new IPO issuers. We will also do other tedious but necessary work.Q: How could you persuade me that you could make right judgments and good investments?A:
Unfortunately we couldn't. We can only assure you that we have enough incentive(our own shares and fees) for that. We will do very serious investigation before using our funds, and will raise motions when making critical investment choices.Q: How do you create shares?A:
10,000 shares will be created. Each one will be sold at the price of 0.1BTC. We will buy some of the shares ourselves, but no more than 10%. More shares may be created and sold in the future, but only after a motion with 75% of the votes or more to agree.Q: How do you pay me dividends?A:
As soon as a single share is sold, we will start to pay dividends. 35%
of the profits will be paid to shareholders each Wednesday. 60%
will be reserved for future expansion.
We will take 5%
ourselves as operating fee. This part may be used for expansion of the company too, but not necessarily so.
The ratio is subject to change, but only after a motion with 75% of the votes or more to agree.
The profits include all dividends we receive, the net gains of selling existing assets, and the interest paid by our borrowers.Q: 1000BTC is not a very small amount of money. Do we really have enough qualified companies to invest in, at this moment?A:
Probably not. But we probably will not be able to sell all our shares very quickly either. Remember, our approach is rather incremental: as said in the last Q&A, we will start our business immediately after the first single share is sold. As we wait for new IPOs to hunt, our investors might also be waiting too. Our fundraising will be completed only when we could see some first-stage success.Q: What information are you willing to disclose?A:
We plan to disclose the following information each week:
1. Our available funds.
2. Our weekly incomes.
3. The assets we hold, including their initial price, the number, and their last dividends paid.
4. The loans we make, including the volume, the interest rate, and the repayment date.
5. The results of motions.Q: What will happen before the company ceases to exist?A:
In very unfortunate conditions, μ might be liquidated. We will collect all debts and sell all assets we hold, then use the Bitcoins we make in this process as the total price to buy all the shares back.Q: In what kind of circumstances a motion will be raised?A:
1. Before the creation of new shares.
2. Before changing the ratio of profits as dividends.
3. Before a major buying or selling of assets.(For example, buying more than 50% of an IPO stock)
4. Before making a loan.
5. Before μ's liquidation.Q: I want to create a startup company. What should I do to get your help and how could you help me?A:
We strongly suggest you to announce your company on this forum, list it on GLBSE, and provide the details as much as you can. In short, you should pretend that we do not exist at all. If you can get the approval of the public, you may be able to attract us. We can help you shorten your IPO cycle by buying up a large portion or all of your shares at once. We also give you free advice.
If you do not want to make your company public for some reason, we could discuss our investment privately. However, this is a much harder way to gain our trust.Q: Who are "we" in this FAQ?A:
Currently it's just me. I'm a Chinese Bitcoin user and live in Suzhou, China.Q: Your name is freaking me out. Why do you have to use an id like this?A:
It has nothing to do with cats-cooking. Although in some East Asian countries quite a few people include cats or dogs in their diet, I am myself sick of the idea of eating cats or dogs. "friedcat" is just my nickname, and it has lasted for many years. I used it for signing up many other websites.Updates before the first round IPOThoughts on the first-stage business: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg814084#msg814084Example about how our dividends are calculated: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg815227#msg815227Materials are sent for identity verification: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg815670#msg815670Some missed investment opportunities: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg816924#msg816924Numeric estimate about our growth: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg816991#msg816991News of March 25th: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg818568#msg818568News of March 26th: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg819814#msg819814News of March 27th: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg821738#msg821738Extra Words
Any questions and advice are appreciated. We are very glad to hear from you.