Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:49:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: μ - Bitcoin Venture Capital (Collecting Shareholders Data)  (Read 27062 times)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 02:38:13 PM

The IPO seems in a slow but steady move, everyday the share is being purchased. I guess if it was not the sexy Ponzi large scale IPO, this rational IPO would have going faster.

Voted. Everyone would know that I voted nay.

Nefario, why the shareholders now cannot see the voting results which could in the GLBSE 1.0?

The results become publicly available after the motion has finished, go to the assets page and look at old motions.

Our motion has now finished. I checked the assets page but still couldn't find the results. Is GLBSE on an update so this feature is temporarily not available? Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 07:24:57 PM

Well if you go to the assets page you can see a link to old motions, here is the link for those not gifted with eyesight.

https://glbse.com/asset/old_motions/MU

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 08:49:00 PM

Well if you go to the assets page you can see a link to old motions, here is the link for those not gifted with eyesight.

https://glbse.com/asset/old_motions/MU

I can get to the link you posted, but that link is not showing up on the page https://glbse.com/asset/view/MU.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 08:57:26 PM

Did it pass or fail?

This says it failed:

Ticker ID Created Expired Result Yea Nay Total % pass
MU 4 2012-03-30 2012-04-01 failed 1123 70 1193 51 details

But 1123/1193 or even 1123/1320 sold is a huge pass, right?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 10:34:37 PM

Did it pass or fail?

This says it failed:

Ticker ID Created Expired Result Yea Nay Total % pass
MU 4 2012-03-30 2012-04-01 failed 1123 70 1193 51 details

But 1123/1193 or even 1123/1320 sold is a huge pass, right?

hmmm, thats a bug. Will fix soon.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 07:02:07 AM

Update

Voted Yea:1123
Voted Nay:70

The motion has been passed.

We are now allowed to do what the motion says by the majority of shareholders. It does not necessarily mean we will do exactly that. Our final actual portfolio of this week will be released in the weekly financial disclosure section.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 07:42:50 AM

Update

Two new motions are raised.

We apologize for bothering you with motions. We know that frequent motions are in essence contradicting to the point of our fund, which is created to save your precious time and energy in the first place. However, these two motions are not about specific investment choices, but the near to mid-term future decisions of muBit. So please excuse us. They are serious and important topics, and we need your opinions.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 06:43:55 AM

Update

Two new motions are raised.

We apologize for bothering you with motions. We know that frequent motions are in essence contradicting to the point of our fund, which is created to save your precious time and energy in the first place. However, these two motions are not about specific investment choices, but the near to mid-term future decisions of muBit. So please excuse us. They are serious and important topics, and we need your opinions.

Dear new shareholders, these two motions are still going on at this moment.

If you have some spare time, please vote. Thank you very much. Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 02:04:17 PM

Since our motions have not ended yet, the weekly financial disclosure and investment opportunity study will be released later today(GMT time).

We will see if we have profits this week so that we could pay this week's dividends then. Anyway, because we have already hold a considerable number of assets, starting from the next 1-2 weeks we will be able to pay relatively larger dividends.

By the way, for those who are hesitating whether (holding more of/buying) our shares, as long as one of our motions passes today, there will be much less shares left for you to buy in this round of IPO. So we suggest you to catch up if you can. Wink

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 02:25:45 PM

That Ponzi scheme IPO is about to end, and this IPO will be running in a faster way.

You're quickly acquiring the reputation of making libelous statements about all sorts of people in this forum, with no evidence. You might want to tone it down a bit, in case someone ever decides to institute anti-defamation rules in the forum Smiley

Guys, guys, I smelled a flame war brewing in our business thread.

It's OK if it does not last for pages, but if so, it will dilute the actual information. A new thread or somewhere else might be more appropriate. Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:10:21 AM

Weekly financial disclosure

Time: 9:50 AM, Beijing time
Date: Apri. 05, 2012

Funds of Last Week: 70.048 BTC
Shares Sold: 1139
Gross Income: 113.900 BTC
GLBSE Trading Fee: 0.570 BTC
Net Income: 113.330 BTC
Total Funds: 70.048+113.330=183.378 BTC
Dividends Paid: 0.000 BTC
Spent Funds: 129.715 BTC
  40xCognitive 22.565 BTC
  200xTyGrr-Bank 20.600 BTC
  20xTyGrr-Bot 20.000 BTC
  50xPureMining 18.550 BTC
  80xBitBond 48.000 BTC
Usable Funds: 183.378-129.715=53.663 BTC

All of the assets we hold have not paid their dividends yet. So this week's profit is 0. But as we said, we will begin making money in one week or two. Smiley

There are now a lot of uncertainty of TyGrr-Bank and TyGrr-Bot. If unfortunately we face an extreme condition that one or both of them end up being valueless, I myself will bail out muBit by filling in that hole with my own coins. Note that it is not our policy to take the whole responsibility of every future problematic investment choices, but this time we will do if necessary.

Both of our motions will end soon, and we will edit this page to add the results.

guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:28:37 AM

mu has been a little starved for attention given the ongoing issues that surround one individual (as seen above in this very thread!)

Perhaps regardless of the outcome of the motions, you might see if you can raise a little more hype about the IPO. Smiley
I'd really like to see the fund have more than a handful of coin.

Also - will the fund be investing in startups?

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:32:00 AM

Weekly Investment Opportunity Study

TyGrr-* assets are in trouble:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75047.0

There are two persistent mining bonds in GLBSE now:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65569.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75126.0
and soon another one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74154.0

There's a huge selloff of PureMining. Maybe it's because BitBond is out.

It is interesting to watch that FPGA.contract's return rate is an exception. All those of other major operating mining companies are similar.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:38:55 AM

mu has been a little starved for attention given the ongoing issues that surround one individual (as seen above in this very thread!)

Perhaps regardless of the outcome of the motions, you might see if you can raise a little more hype about the IPO. Smiley
I'd really like to see the fund have more than a handful of coin.

Also - will the fund be investing in startups?

Yes, we are now in need of attention. We might have been too careful about raising hypes because we worry the negative effects of bad advertising practice. Hopefully we could think of a way good enough to attract eyes.

Investing in startups belongs to our business domain, but the priority of private startups are below GLBSE-listed ones. We have to take more risks and responsibility when investing in an startup which is not open enough.

guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:13:23 AM

It doesn't look like any of the larger "institutional" investors are holding much/any muBit shares. Maybe getting out and pitching to them a little (bitcoin banks, other funds are the firsts that come to mind).

I suspect there are some people who are looking for the potentially undervalued assets on the GLBSE, and who'd like out of some of the (perceived or real) risk in investing in some issues there. (like me)

I'm already holding a position in muBit, and would increase it as I see some more shares sell.

Puremining: I think people might have been moving funds around to speculate on the IPOs as well. I think Meni is a sharp guy, and this just fine as an asset. With a repurchase guarantee at 20% over the 30 day avg close it's not in serious trouble i don't think.

TyGrrr* - Grrr sums it up for me. I would not buy in, but I would definitely wait to see it recover if you didn't bail the second you saw the post that said "sell sell sell, tygrrr assets are going DOWN" - and to do EITHER is a gamble, and a likely loss of money. 

I'm very interested in the Gigamining, and Bitcoin Mining Co issues, myself.

And honestly, I had gotten from the OP that you might be investing in earlier stage startups, and that's what had attracted me (and why I am interested in you selling shares - so you have capital to get a startup off the ground, and then kick it out for an IPO. I'm here if I can help Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:38:01 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2012, 05:13:37 AM by friedcat

It doesn't look like any of the larger "institutional" investors are holding much/any muBit shares. Maybe getting out and pitching to them a little (bitcoin banks, other funds are the firsts that come to mind).

I suspect there are some people who are looking for the potentially undervalued assets on the GLBSE, and who'd like out of some of the (perceived or real) risk in investing in some issues there. (like me)

I'm already holding a position in muBit, and would increase it as I see some more shares sell.

Puremining: I think people might have been moving funds around to speculate on the IPOs as well. I think Meni is a sharp guy, and this just fine as an asset. With a repurchase guarantee at 20% over the 30 day avg close it's not in serious trouble i don't think.

TyGrrr* - Grrr sums it up for me. I would not buy in, but I would definitely wait to see it recover if you didn't bail the second you saw the post that said "sell sell sell, tygrrr assets are going DOWN" - and to do EITHER is a gamble, and a likely loss of money.  

I'm very interested in the Gigamining, and Bitcoin Mining Co issues, myself.

And honestly, I had gotten from the OP that you might be investing in earlier stage startups, and that's what had attracted me (and why I am interested in you selling shares - so you have capital to get a startup off the ground, and then kick it out for an IPO. I'm here if I can help Smiley

I think it's a good idea to get muBit known to Bitcoin banks. Thank you. Smiley

I haven't made any action to TyGrr-* yet. Hopefully we could sell all of them without loss and even with some profits after their prices fully recover.

About startups, we will PM you for the details.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 05:02:40 AM

Not entirely true, one of the Bitcoin banks has purchased a large share of this offering and is watching the IPO like a hawk Wink

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 05:15:42 AM

I'm buying back stock, I doubt you will lose much if any money.
I tried to buy during the panic selling caused by "Goat battle 2.0" - it was a sure thing - but missed it.  Goat, please let me know in advance before you get into your next forum battle so I can be better prepared to profit from it Wink

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 05:19:45 AM

I'm buying back stock, I doubt you will lose much if any money.

We've already seen your announcement in another thread, thanks.

Glad that you and Nefario have finally solved it out. Tongue

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 05:24:35 AM

Not entirely true, one of the Bitcoin banks has purchased a large share of this offering and is watching the IPO like a hawk Wink

I watched that there is a large buying of muBit today.

The motions are still lying there, I don't know why. Maybe it's because there are some inconsistency with timing in GLBSE. So, whoever those made the huge purchasing are, you are on the way of making one of our motions obsolete! Cheesy I love you guys.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: