Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:39:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which exchange should leonArdo support next?
Cryptsy - 9 (10.1%)
Poloniex - 9 (10.1%)
Bittrex - 6 (6.7%)
itBit - 1 (1.1%)
Huobi - 0 (0%)
Kraken - 2 (2.2%)
litecoinlocal - 1 (1.1%)
MintPal - 2 (2.2%)
CCEDK.com - 34 (38.2%)
Nxt Multigateway - 25 (28.1%)
Total Voters: 89

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] - Which exchange should leonArdo support next?  (Read 3452 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:48:32 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 09:23:53 PM by leonArdo@margin

Please vote for the exchange you would like us to support next. If your favourite exchange is not in the list then let us know and we will add it!

Please check out our first thread for more info:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=506317.0

Introducing leonArdo, a crypto trading platform that let's you directly
interact with market graphs to adapt orders. Use our automated trading strategies
to take the pain out of trading and set your hard earned BTC to work for you.

Introduction Video

(it's not just a promo video, it's more like a "how to use" leonArdo video)

Video presented at Bitcoin 2014 conference!

mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:30:55 PM

Voted!  Be very surprised if cryptsy doesn't win
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:02:23 AM

Has the speed of Cryptsy improved? What are your thoughts on that issue Leonardo?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:17:41 AM

Has the speed of Cryptsy improved? What are your thoughts on that issue Leonardo?

To be honest we don't use Cryptsy! We have heard that it can be slow, but leonArdo will not add to that. There are also mechanisms inbuilt in leonArdo by which if Cryptsy is having difficulty it will re-try to place an order automatically. This can improve user experience.

Let's see how the vote turns out!

Chang Hum

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:38:05 AM

Surely lag could cause major problems with an automatic trading engine though no?

To be honest we don't use Cryptsy! We have heard that it can be slow, but leonArdo will not add to that. There are also mechanisms inbuilt in leonArdo by which if Cryptsy is having difficulty it will re-try to place an order automatically. This can improve user experience.

Let's see how the vote turns out!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:54:08 AM

Surely lag could cause major problems with an automatic trading engine though no?

Yes and No. The state is decoupled from cryptsy.
When you or the algorithm places a trade through leonardo, leonardo makes sure that the order finds it's way into the order book.
Even if cryptsy is unresponsive at that moment. Sure we can't fix cryptsy but leonArdo tries to take out as much of the pain as possible.

Chang Hum

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:07:41 AM

OK cheers, so if I understand correctly orders can get matched in real time because of the way it interacts with cryptsy even if users of the site can't?

Yes and No. The state is decoupled from cryptsy.
When you or the algorithm places a trade through leonardo, leonardo makes sure that the order finds it's way into the order book.
Even if cryptsy is unresponsive at that moment. Sure we can't fix cryptsy but leonArdo tries to take out as much of the pain as possible.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:28:22 AM

OK cheers, so if I understand correctly orders can get matched in real time because of the way it interacts with cryptsy even if users of the site can't?

I would put it this way: When you place the order via leonArdo in times when there is a lot of lag at the exchange, leonArdo automates the 
"check if the order did go through and if not resubmit the order" process.

Chang Hum

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:39:34 AM

That's exactly what I see as a problem, if I'm wrong please explain why but in the sometimes fast moving trading world of crypto an automatic system re-automating failed orders could be more harmful than beneficial IMO.

I would put it this way: When you place the order via leonArdo in times when there is a lot of lag at the exchange, leonArdo automates the 
"check if the order did go through and if not resubmit the order" process.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 10:32:41 AM

That's exactly what I see as a problem, if I'm wrong please explain why but in the sometimes fast moving trading world of crypto an automatic system re-automating failed orders could be more harmful than beneficial IMO.

We could make it an option and thereby you could turn the feature off.
But the exchange handles the orders itself. If they are down/lagging there is nothing we can do about it.
We can improve the situation and leonArdo is a tool which was also developed to make it easier/quicker to place orders by automating things.

Chang Hum

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:46:33 AM

It was more to raise the issue (which I may be misguided or simply wrong about) as if you're going to dedicate time and effort to adding one particular exchange, cryptsys probably the obvious option for most to vote on as it has the biggest selection of currencies however for practical use of the software perhaps it's not the best site to add?

Sorry I know I come across as argumentative a lot of the time it's not my intention just to add the above to the discussion really.

We could make it an option and thereby you could turn the feature off.
But the exchange handles the orders itself. If they are down/lagging there is nothing we can do about it.
We can improve the situation and leonArdo is a tool which was also developed to make it easier/quicker to place orders by automating things.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:43:31 PM

www.litecoinlocal.org is an exchange that needs volume, it offers zero fee forever. Could be great for bots.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:01:45 PM

It was more to raise the issue (which I may be misguided or simply wrong about) as if you're going to dedicate time and effort to adding one particular exchange, cryptsys probably the obvious option for most to vote on as it has the biggest selection of currencies however for practical use of the software perhaps it's not the best site to add?

Sorry I know I come across as argumentative a lot of the time it's not my intention just to add the above to the discussion really.

Don't worry you did not come across as argumentative, just as interested Smiley
We welcome any comments and are happy to discuss things.
leonArdo is not just an automated trading framework/bot. We also want to create one of the best manual crypto trading interfaces.
We are open to suggestions and are keen to improve leonArdo every day.
So if you like to see a feature implemented or just have further questions, let us know.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:20:51 PM

Actually we are sure that some markets will require some custom tuning, but until we actually implement and test a particular interface it is not possible to say what the final decision will be. We could simply have an option that allows the user to specify how to handle situations such as lag. Have you a preferred way to deal with it?

Thanks for your input!

Chang Hum

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:44:43 PM

I've never used a trading program before, I'm sorry I haven't got round to having a play with yours yet. It's late/early here now but I'll make it a priority to have a go with it tomorrow and let you know what I think.

Actually we are sure that some markets will require some custom tuning, but until we actually implement and test a particular interface it is not possible to say what the final decision will be. We could simply have an option that allows the user to specify how to handle situations such as lag. Have you a preferred way to deal with it?

Thanks for your input!
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:18:53 AM

I've never used a trading program before, I'm sorry I haven't got round to having a play with yours yet. It's late/early here now but I'll make it a priority to have a go with it tomorrow and let you know what I think.

Thanks for your input!

Cool. Looking forward to hearing what you think!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:25:13 PM

www.litecoinlocal.org is an exchange that needs volume, it offers zero fee forever. Could be great for bots.

Added your suggestion.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 08:58:16 PM

It looks like a two horse race thus far between Cryptsy and Poloniex.

Make sure to add your vote if you haven't already done so  Wink

furlong

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:39:21 PM

Poloniex is my fav
furlong

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:45:33 PM