Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:01:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What denomination should the next standard card be?
$200 - 3 (23.1%)
$250 - 5 (38.5%)
$300 - 5 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinCashout.com - Discussion  (Read 21155 times)
semyazza (OP)

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 04:38:40 PM

From what the banks that we deal with state they should work in all but OFAC Listed nations.  We have no way to confirm this and thus can't guarantee or provide support to those outside the U.S. until we can confirm.

Just to check here, does your FAQ state the cards don't work outside of the US because you can't confirm 100% otherwise?  Or have you confirmed that they don't work outside of the US?  I can understand you saying they don't work outside of the US as you havn't confirmed, because they can't get blamed if someone tries the card in another country and it doesn't go anyway.

I say that because I figure a US gift credit card should work anywhere where a US credit card would.  I'm in Canada, and I'm presuming that I can use a gift card anywhere in Canada where a normal credit card would be accepted.

They should work wherever U.S. cards would normally work according to our bank as long as it is not an OFAC Listed nation (http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx).  Unfortunately we can not confirm this as we are U.S. based.  If we receive reports of working/not working countries we will include this in our FAQ.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 08:54:04 PM

Would it cost anything extra to ship a physical card to Brazil?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 10:01:44 PM

Would it cost anything extra to ship a physical card to Brazil?

And speaking of this... is there an option on the new site to request a physical card?  I don't see anything, but it may be in the order screen.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
semyazza (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 12:56:29 AM

Back in stock.  Mtgox is having trouble generating bitcoin addresses so you will have to checkout with your MtGox balance.
semyazza (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 12:58:56 AM

From 15 to 3...... 3 left.. come and get em...
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 01:51:18 PM

I went to grab a card this morning (pretty surprised to see any available), but the order process got stuck on the "generating bitcoin address" part and never got past.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
semyazza (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 01:55:15 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2011, 02:06:13 PM by BiddingPond.com

I went to grab a card this morning (pretty surprised to see any available), but the order process got stuck on the "generating bitcoin address" part and never got past.

This is an MtGox problem.  We are waiting for their response with a solution/bug fix.  In the interim you can load funds on your MtGox account and send in payment directly from the account.   If they do not fix the issues by this weekend we will be moving away from MtGox merchant services and providing our own.
niooron

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 02:02:59 PM

When will you put 200 or 250 usd cards for automatic buying? 100 doesnt buy much nowadays.
semyazza (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 01:17:19 PM

When will you put 200 or 250 usd cards for automatic buying? 100 doesnt buy much nowadays.

We will increase to $250 cards in the future but are unable to do so at this time due to logistical issues.
AshleyAshes
Copper Member

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 02:21:45 PM

Hey, I made an arrangement via email with you to get a $100 card and have it sent by email.  You responded with a quote and told me to make payment within 10mins, I managed it within 5.  That was almost 20hrs ago and you havn't responded since.  I gave you my bitcoins and you havn't responded with the Visa number, confirmation that you got my mailing address, or confirmation that you got my bitcoins.

I understand that my request went through a bit more of a 'manual' process than your other stuff so there could be a slow down and I'm hoping that's all this is, but I am starting to worry abit.
semyazza (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 03:34:08 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2011, 04:37:33 PM by BiddingPond.com

Hey, I made an arrangement via email with you to get a $100 card and have it sent by email.  You responded with a quote and told me to make payment within 10mins, I managed it within 5.  That was almost 20hrs ago and you havn't responded since.  I gave you my bitcoins and you havn't responded with the Visa number, confirmation that you got my mailing address, or confirmation that you got my bitcoins.

I understand that my request went through a bit more of a 'manual' process than your other stuff so there could be a slow down and I'm hoping that's all this is, but I am starting to worry abit.

A public forum is not the place to handle inquiries on an individual order. Doing this delays our ability to assist you as it requires us to make multiple responses.  We must answer the forum post, answer your e-mails and answer inquiries related to your forum post.  After we are done doing these items we can then work on your particular issue.  

Our business hours are between 9am-5pm 7 days a week.  We sometimes answer outside these hours if we are working early/late but, this can not be guaranteed.  The website states that 24-48 hours are needed for a reply.  We usually answer in under 16 hours.

Please contact us at the appropriate address listed on the website, in this thread, and the address that we have responded to your previous e-mails by(contact@bitcoincashout.com).  We also have a contact us form on the website which you could type your inquiries into.  This form also allows for encrypted communication.

We will answer the status of your order here. We assume that to be correct since this is where your contact was first noticed.  This will also allow other customers to see how the situation is being handled.

Mon, May 16, 2011 at 8:52 PM
(Outside Business Hours)
You contacted us stating you wanted more information about our products and find *Some site operator* (name not mentioned but you are welcome to disclose) unreliable.  You also requested a quote for shipping to Canada.

Wed, May 18, 2011 at 7:54 AM
We responded to your inquiry. Stating shipping would cost $1 to Canada plus an additional $1 if you wanted tracking.

Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:19 AM
You asked us if we could reserve you a card outside of our automated system because we frequently sell out.

Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM
We responded that we would reserve you a card after we were contacted and payment made.

Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM
We were asked to reserve a card for Friday evening.  You were concerned about declining Bitcoin prices and asked if there was a way to prevent that fluctuation from affecting your purchasing ability.

Thu, May 19, 2011 at 2:07 PM
You stated that you were ready to purchase a card now.

Thu, May 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM
We quoted you a price with shipping and Notified you the card will not ship until Monday.

Thu, May 19, 2011 at 2:33 PM
You responded with your shipping address and stated payment was sent.  You also asked us to supply card information before the card was mailed.

Thu, May 19, 2011 at 9:55 PM
Your last e-mail stating "Uhm, it's been like 7hrs... Can I at least get confirmation that funds
were recieved?"

Thu, May 20, 2011 at 11:30 AM
We confirm that your funds have been received and will mail the card out Monday as agreed.  We will also email you the card information before shipping as requested.

If you are unhappy with the way we are handling the situation please contact us and we will cancel your order and issue a prompt refund.  We also request that you use our automated system in the future.  This will allow you to get your card instantly.

AshleyAshes
Copper Member

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 03:55:37 PM

Uhm, no, I'm good.  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a bother and I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything.  I was just expecting a response on the payment being recieved a bit faster, but it's all good.

Sorry for the trouble and I would like to continue with this transaction.  I'm probably just getting a bit anxious about this, it's my fault. Smiley
semyazza (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 04:04:34 PM

Uhm, no, I'm good.  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a bother and I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything.  I was just expecting a response on the payment being recieved a bit faster, but it's all good.

Sorry for the trouble and I would like to continue with this transaction.  I'm probably just getting a bit anxious about this, it's my fault. Smiley

No bother at all we enjoy contact with our customers as it makes it more fulfilling knowing we are speaking and having a business relationship with a real person.  Our policy is to answer public inquiries with a public answer otherwise it makes us look unresponsive. This protects our reputation and allows others to see how we handle orders. We usually do not confirm payment receipt unless requested as we feel it is not needed as we use a unique address per transaction.
semyazza (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:39:17 AM

In stock... going...going...
semyazza (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 01:44:59 PM

There is currently a bug in MtGox Merchant Services. We have attempted to contact them and still have not received a response. We are sorry for those who it inconveniences. We will be moving away from MtGox Merchant Services in the coming weeks. In the interim if you are getting errors on the checkout page you may do the following:
1) Load Bitcoins on MtGox before ordering and send it directly to our MtGox account on the checkout page
2) When you finish checkout send us an e-mail with your transaction number and we will respond with a payment address(9am-5pm EST).

We Apologize for the inconvenience.
semyazza (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 01:51:02 PM

We are back in stock.
Tukotih

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 08:40:46 PM

We are back in stock.
Not any longer Wink

Donations always appreciated: 1GkRu9rZxk5iMRzsrcZxZ3BUHV1SWNZ9RB
IMPORTANT! Switch from deepbit: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8653.0
AshleyAshes
Copper Member

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 09:07:31 PM

Does anyone know if the online registration/create profile feature for the card is required to make use of the card online or to make use of the physical card?
semyazza (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 12:40:00 AM

Does anyone know if the online registration/create profile feature for the card is required to make use of the card online or to make use of the physical card?

No it is not.  But, not doing so may not allow you to use the card at some online merchants that do AVS checks(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_Verification_System).  When the cards are registered they pass all AVS checks.
AshleyAshes
Copper Member

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 01:44:10 AM

No it is not.  But, not doing so may not allow you to use the card at some online merchants that do AVS checks(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_Verification_System).  When the cards are registered they pass all AVS checks.

I was thinking it was something like that.  I intend to use my card mostly in real world locations, thanks. Smiley

On that note, I find it sorta ironic that my American Visa Gift Card is issued by the Toronto Dominion bank, which is from Canada. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: