Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:22:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex exchange just added Monero Markets and removed LTC markets  (Read 2872 times)
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:09:41 AM

No i am not sure, nor is poloniex, we'll see how it works out after some months.
Poloniex are always the first to add innovative coins or business ideas, they are the first normal exchange where u can trade mastercoin for example and afaik still the only one.

"If you don't try you already lost."

Everything else you mentioned doesn't need to be commented further as its just doesnt make any sense at all...

venlo

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:13:03 AM

i tell ya: way more people hold LTC than Monero. Polo will not have more volume with xmr than they had with LTC so removing LTC was a bad choice and possibly pisses off a lot of LTC-people. Adding monero, try something new - sweet, but removing LTC-markets is not so clever. Just my usual 2 cents.
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:10:37 PM

i tell ya: way more people hold LTCare Litecoin Bagholders than Monero. Polo will not have more volume with xmr than they had with LTC so removing LTC was a bad choice and possibly pisses off a lot of LTC-people. Adding monero, try something new - sweet, but removing LTC-markets is not so clever. Just my usual 2 cents.

Sir, you're speaking out of your ass. Litecoin has almost no volume on Most exchanges. Mintpal it has less 20 btc volume, Poloniex it has less than 1 btc volume. Cryptsy, it has less than 20 btc volume.(FYI, Litecoin is mostly traded on Btc-e, Okcoin, etc) Even Pinkcoin has more volume than Litecoin on those exchanges, thus it made a lot of sense to switch the no-volume Litecoin market for a coin that would actually bring in volume..
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:47:40 PM

i tell ya: way more people hold LTC than Monero. Polo will not have more volume with xmr than they had with LTC so removing LTC was a bad choice and possibly pisses off a lot of LTC-people. Adding monero, try something new - sweet, but removing LTC-markets is not so clever. Just my usual 2 cents.

The last days before the LTC market disappeared, I was looking at it daily, computing the resulting profit for poloniex.
The poloniex profit on the whole LTC market was around 0.0008 BTC (yes, there are 3 zeros after the dot) per day.

Maybe XMR won't do better, we'll see, but independently of that, there was absolutely no point for poloniex to keep the LTC market alive!

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:58:30 PM

Interesting.

Litesire

Activity: 458

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:13:51 PM

XMR devs must of payed a lot for this.

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:27:44 PM

XMR devs must of payed a lot for this.

There is no need for poloniex to be paid to expect more profit after the switch LTC -> XMR.
XMR makes up between 60 and 90% of the daily volume on poloniex. Incomes from poloniex depend directly on volume. Connect the dots, no need to spread conspiracy stuff.

Also, you must be used to premine shitcoins... but since XMR was fairly launched, the devs don't own more than what they get as voluntary donations from people. I hardly see how they could pay anyone even if they wanted.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: