Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:05:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone buying Ether ?  (Read 10275 times)
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:19:39 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2019, 12:08:25 AM by BitCoinDream

Ether is now on sale. Would like to have opinion of Crypto community about buying Ether. I think the project was promising. But, the way IPO is being made and they have removed their team list from home page, I'm now suspicious.

1BTC = 20k ether 2k ether

techguy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:54:09 AM

1BTC = 20k ether

1BTC = 2k ether  NOT 20k ether
techguy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:29:26 AM

But, the way IPO is being made and they have removed their team list from home page, I'm now suspicious.

So far, they are fair in all announcements. The main lead Vitalik Buterin is actively working on the project. They have a number of Cryptographers (like Ralph Merkle) & other security engineers working on this project.
They  already raised 6000 BTC i.e., 3.8M $ with in 24 hours of launch !!
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:37:38 AM

Probably worth a small punt based on the pedigree of the founding team if nothing else
Appear to have been reasonably transparent so far

BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:49:34 AM

I'm looking at it from a different angle...

If the team is confident about the price rise of ether, why are not they holding the pre-mine rather selling against BTC ? They have VCs behind them. So money is not a problem for them. If ether would be valuable, why the core team would be selling it in the first place ? Lot of early adopters of Bitcoin like Hal Finney, who believed in bitcoin, still hold their stash. So, if the core team is selling ether to raise capital, why should public buy it ?

maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:07:37 AM

I am with BitCoinDream on this one
Has the feel of a sophisticated pump and dump, so I for one shall be sitting it out on the sidelines

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:38:54 AM

If the team is confident about the price rise of ether, why are not they holding the pre-mine rather selling against BTC ? They have VCs behind them. So money is not a problem for them. If ether would be valuable, why the core team would be selling it in the first place ? Lot of early adopters of Bitcoin like Hal Finney, who believed in bitcoin, still hold their stash. So, if the core team is selling ether to raise capital, why should public buy it ?

Way too many flags for me on this one. I was spooked by their initial aborted IPO and nothing I have seen since have made me revise my opinion. This has the look of a group of greedy developers wanting to get paid upfront, and leave all risk to the investors. I am sure a cheaper fork will come along as soon as it is released.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:42:09 AM

The way they have seeped into everybody's conscience, like how Vitalik is godlike in his abilities and only rivaled by Satoshi, how Turing complete it is never mind that C itself is one, how its going to make everything so simple and is the google of crypto, how the developers are subsisting on their own pockets. It all seems to me like the work of a very clever marketing time.

I am not kidding. Go into reddit or anywhere and you see almost a religious fervour in the support.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:44:18 AM

If you buy be careful during the proces cause I may have lost my BTC because I didn't spot the json download button (containing my wallet).

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:56:35 PM

Way too many flags for me on this one. I was spooked by their initial aborted IPO and nothing I have seen since have made me revise my opinion. This has the look of a group of greedy developers wanting to get paid upfront, and leave all risk to the investors. I am sure a cheaper fork will come along as soon as it is released.

Exactly. The technology they are suggesting is awesome, but not the dev team. And, I can see, what u r suggesting, is already coming => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563925.msg7991275#msg7991275

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:33:01 PM

The bitcoin that they raise would be used to fund their expenses for the next 1 year. I am assuming that they would have to convert it to fiat to meet their expenses.
Could it lead to substantial selling pressure on the market?
bitcoinkerala

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

https://btcjam.com/users/39914

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 11:47:45 AM

Ether is now on sale. Would like to the opinion of India community about buying Ether. I think the project was promising. But, the way IPO is being made and they have removed their team list from home page, I'm now suspicious.

Ether - had long waiting , high expectation , bigger dump after release

I sent a few BTC to STORJ .. awesome project http://storj.io/crowdsale.html

BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:04:11 PM

Ether is now on sale. Would like to the opinion of India community about buying Ether. I think the project was promising. But, the way IPO is being made and they have removed their team list from home page, I'm now suspicious.

Is Mike Hearn the guy behind StorJ ?

bitcoinkerala

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

https://btcjam.com/users/39914

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 12:09:58 PM

Is Mike Hearn the guy behind StorJ ?

BITCOIN HACKATHON WINNER at Texas Bitcoin Conference 2014.

Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:49:33 AM

How much have they raised by now? I wonder how much do the developers need to survive Grin

STORJ sounds good but I have to look into it properly. Maybe get a few.

BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:12:45 AM

How much have they raised by now? I wonder how much do the developers need to survive Grin

Do u think Ether will be eclipsed by Stellar in coming days ?

Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:03:48 AM

Not at all. Stellar is riding the Ripple fork hype, but if you look into it theres nothing to show that it will be big.
Ether is hyped too, but there is big money in it now.

If I buy either it will be definitely later, not now.

BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:55:35 AM

Not at all. Stellar is riding the Ripple fork hype, but if you look into it theres nothing to show that it will be big.
Ether is hyped too, but there is big money in it now.

If I buy either it will be definitely later, not now.

I think Stellar is backed by big names too...

Stellar has rallied big shots behind them.Keith Rabois,co-founder of PayPal, Stripe CEO Patrick Collison, YCombinator president Sam Altman, Mt. Gox creator Jed McCaleb, AngelList cofounder and CEO Naval Ravikant, cofounder of Dogecoin Jackson Palmer, and Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress, among others.

http://www.businessinsider.in/PayPals-Cofounder-Is-Supporting-A-New-Non-Profit-That-Will-Tackle-The-Vision-PayPal-Never-Accomplished/articleshow/39375145.cms

Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:28:28 AM

I like the look of Stellar better, esp the folks backing it
Trouble with Ether is you are essentially backing a genius hacker (Buterin) barely out of his teens

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:55:18 AM

I like the look of Stellar better, esp the folks backing it
Trouble with Ether is you are essentially backing a genius hacker (Buterin) barely out of his teens

Stellar is just a fork where they are attempting yet another massive lock-up of funds. Release a few for free, hype it up and then they slowly sell their stock. Its also centralized with a few in control of the nodes. I don't see how Stellar is any good.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: